Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2017 4:23 AM

Aug 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 10 was really good, and exciting to watch. Witch this introduction of a new character (Nanachi) it felt a bit too convenient. I would have like to see maybe another episode of struggle and emotion (yeah im a sick freak).

Anyways the ending to this episode definitely left us with a lot of questions. Was that white monster thing, Riko's mom ?? Or maybe it was one of the kids who initially stayed behind. What kind of past does Reg share with Riko's mom ?? Pretty good episode, can't wait of next week.
ZuzuMiBachiSep 15, 2017 4:29 AM
Sep 15, 2017 5:15 AM

Jul 2017
ohhhhh god, mitty's noises were absolutely heartbreaking to me for some reason. i was tearing up whenever they showed her :(

it was really nice to get a breather after last week's emotional rollercoaster and spend some time getting to know our sassy fuwafuwa savior. and oh my GOD i continue to be absolutely enamored with the background art in this show. that stream behind nanachi's house was totally gorgeous.
Sep 15, 2017 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
Nanachi is so useful. Reg is really lucky to find her.

The Curse of the Abyss' 6th layer really seems like a scary place based on what she told Reg. I mean, Mitty is living proof of that. Personally, I think this breather episode was interesting to see how Reg fares on his own for survival with some guidance from Nanachi. Not to mention, we got to see more of the Abyss' creatures.
Sep 15, 2017 5:55 AM
Sep 2017
another great episode!

really interesting stuff about nanachi and mitty
cant wait for next week!

i love this show so much
Sep 15, 2017 5:56 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Another impacting episode is near. Nanachi's story is sad.

Sep 15, 2017 6:25 AM
Nov 2016
next episode prepare guys....the story behind nanatchi and her friend gets explained :// Q.Q LOVE THIS ANIME <3
Sep 15, 2017 6:43 AM

Oct 2014
Last episode was hard to watch physically.

This episode was hard to watch emotionally.
Sep 15, 2017 7:06 AM

Dec 2015
it was a Great Episode
And Some interesting Stuff Like Mitty
i cant wait For The Next Ep And the Finale
Naegi-KunSep 15, 2017 7:17 AM
Sep 15, 2017 7:36 AM

Apr 2016
Next week episode will be full of hard decisions...

Also if some random anime only watcher was confused about Reg's past, Riko's mother and stuff then don't worry, even manga readers dont know.
Sep 15, 2017 8:05 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

I'm glad to see that Riko's on the road to recovery.
Really liking Nanachi, love how she teases Reg. xD

Interesting info about Hollows, I feel sad for Mitty or whoever she was before she became Mitty.

So Reg's memory was triggered because he saw that flower. Fairly vague memory though, nothing to really make conclusions about.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 15, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2013
What a funny character Nanachi is. Her teasing were great.

Reg recovered a bit of his memory and it appears he might have met Lyza at one point. Though it is still a mystery. Good to see that Riko is recovering.

Sep 15, 2017 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
Nanachi is so great, nice voice and great attitude

But oh boy... this episode was just the calm after the storm, more of that storm is soon to come... and it won't be pretty

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 15, 2017 8:24 AM

Jan 2015
When she said "A Hollow" with that smug face. :3
Both Reg and Nanacchi looks easily getting blushed. Damn I want to caress Nanacchi just like Reg did. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 15, 2017 8:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is just straight fire.

The information we got was so good and gets me thinking what's gonna happen. We see ''the loss of humanity'' - curse in form of Mitty in action, that was disturbing and very fuckin sad.

Nanachi is already top, her character is very fun. That little flashback was somewhat unsettling, the first real appearance of Bondrewd! The surroundings they were in, that was the unsettling part for me.

The riverbed looked beautiful and it triggered vague memories in Reg. Now it's clear that him and Lyza had interactions with each other and that he was at the grave. So much mystery, it's awesome.

That new little monster that was used to cure Riko was really fascinating, symbiotic relationships between animals/monsters also exists in this world.
Sep 15, 2017 8:38 AM

Jul 2012
I love Nanachi's fluffiness.

Can't get enough of her.

I love smugderes.

----

I've been trying to imagine what the side effects would be of the other layers.

We already know about dizziness, nausea, numbness, pain, vertigo, hallucination, bleeding, so I was trying to imagine what could be worse than yesterday's episode.

I came up with self-mutiliation, loss of recognition of the people around you and fear (your friends try to kill you), and a rash where your skin peels.

There's a limited number of things that can happen before the jump to simply dying, and I forgot that they probably explained all of them from episode one.

I do some amateur game design, so it was neat to try and think of what affects could happen. For some reason I didn't imagine there'd be lots of actual physiological change, but it seems that assumption was wrong.

----

I've had this feeling for a few episodes now, but maybe Reg is/was Lyza's husband? I don't know, of course.

I didn't expect Nanachi to be a human. Now all 3 characters are effectively people who were "reborn in the abyss".
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Sep 15, 2017 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
So she actually pitied them. I suspected as much as she's shown a good deal of emotion--not totally 'hollow'.
And ah, the author teasing Reg, though... Or was it Reg the only responsible? It's the procedure to heal Riko--the event isn't to blame, but Reg for being young. ... But well... Oh, yeah: it's Nanachi that's mainly to blame, for having no decency.
And inb4 Mitty's 'vag***/pu***' comments.

Chdata said:
I've had this feeling for a few episodes now, but maybe Reg is/was Lyza's husband? I don't know, of course.

It's unlikely as he appears to be mainly machine. He must've been her companion. Didn't she say that she had found him, in the note? So he couldn't have transformed, then she had him mechanized somehow by one of the White Whistles there (a possibility).
removed-userSep 15, 2017 9:42 AM
Sep 15, 2017 8:50 AM
May 2017
I really loved the episode.

Nanachi is too lovely...
Bondrewd's voice was really fitting too.

It showcased features of the Abyss and also brought out a lot of questions that I am excited to see how it will be shown in the anime.

The only concern is the ending of the anime that is sadly coming soon, and how the anime will end. I really hope the 2nd season would come out as there are so much left to go and it would be just to packed in if they were to finish in just 2 more episodes.

I am just excited to see more Nanachi.
Sep 15, 2017 8:59 AM

Apr 2015
This episode and the previous were adapted perfectly. This episode was perfect and heartwarming.

Since Nanachi is genderless but if I have to guess, is a girl, then she is waifu of the season, fight me.
Sep 15, 2017 9:10 AM

Dec 2013
Wait, so Nanachi's flashback had her helping another white whistle (dude looked like the Rocketeer or something, and his whistle was pretty cool as well). I'm assuming that she went down to the 6th layer with said person and either that person didn't make it, or was brought back as Mitty... which is why they couldn't show themselves to humans.
The way Mitty looked at Riko though... seemed like she recognized her somehow... whats up with that? Could they have been part of Lyza's original party?

As for Reg's memory of Lyza's grave... could it be that he was created by her to protect Riko?

So many questions in my mind, I'm pretty sure we're not going to get the answers even at the end of the season though.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 15, 2017 9:14 AM

Mar 2016
embarrassed reg is sOOO CUTE

nanachi is amazing, i love love love her voice

many questions are now raised, i'm excited!! only two more episodes to go
Sep 15, 2017 9:17 AM

Sep 2016
The episode was going alright, when my usual made in abyss boner that i get every friday suddenly pierced through the ceiling when i heard bondrewd's voice and realized he was voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa, aka Kira Yoshikage from JoJo. That was such a smart choice, and also a surprising one, but the few lines we got from him work really well.
Sep 15, 2017 9:17 AM
Jun 2016
I can't stop thinking about how beautiful this series is, mainly the backgrounds and environments. I could stare at that shit all day. I also can't stop thinking that it's kind of funny how mature this series actually is often, like with the disgusting pants soaked with pee blood, despite how childish it looks from the outside.

Anyway, I have a problem with this recapping the intro lately. This is reminding me of how One Piece does it, and I never liked it. Wastes good minutes imo. Well, back on topic, forgot what that thing is called. Mitty? I looked like it somehow knew Riko. For a moment I thought it was gonna try and eat her or something. lol
Sep 15, 2017 9:18 AM

Jun 2015
It's a relief to see Riko getting better. Nanachi is so useful. Got to know a bit about her. Her teasing is amusing. She was watching and hearing them the whole time. Mitty is proof that the sixth layer is a terrifying place. The poor thing. Reg recovered a bit of his memory when he saw the flower.
Sep 15, 2017 9:39 AM
Nov 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Wait, so Nanachi's flashback had her helping another white whistle (dude looked like the Rocketeer or something, and his whistle was pretty cool as well). I'm assuming that she went down to the 6th layer with said person and either that person didn't make it, or was brought back as Mitty... which is why they couldn't show themselves to humans.
The way Mitty looked at Riko though... seemed like she recognized her somehow... whats up with that? Could they have been part of Lyza's original party?

As for Reg's memory of Lyza's grave... could it be that he was created by her to protect Riko?

So many questions in my mind, I'm pretty sure we're not going to get the answers even at the end of the season though.

No, she said in her letter that she MET with Reg on the 7th layer, not created. And, well, the rest of your questions will probably be answered in the next episode.
Sep 15, 2017 9:52 AM

Jun 2016
I literally screamed "NOOOOOOO!'' when the ED started playing. Goddamnit! I don't mind every episode being an hour long, you know. Hear me out there, studio! Hahaha.

FUUUUUCK! THEY FUCKING SHOWED MITTY. I'M NOT OKAY. FUUUUCK! TOO EARLY, MAAAN. TOO FUCKING EARLY. MY FUCKING HEART!

That part in the OP where Nanachi is hugging Mitty. Fuuuuuuuck! I swear to god, the moment Mitty showed up, I just fucking lost it and started crying. I'm not okaaaay. And just hearing her voice. What the fuck! What the fuck!

I need to chill. Jesus.

Still can't get over how fucking awesome Nanachi's voice is. Gaaah. Thank you! Thank you! Just hearing her voice LIKE THAT is so fucking satisfying. It really FITS HER! <3

I LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH, NANACHI! :3

Ugh. I have to agree with every manga reader (I just started reading the manga), and I have to say the people behind this show is doing A GREAT FUCKING JOB! *throws them a gold glitters with a colorful confetti*

Another week of suffering. Waaaaaah! ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 15, 2017 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
Amazing follow up of the last episode, Nanachi is so great.

The curse of the 6th layer is terrifying, poor Mitty. I'm also curious about the final moment when going to Riko, maybe it recognizes her?

That Regu memory as well, so many awesome mysteries coming one after the other.
Sep 15, 2017 10:12 AM

Nov 2011
Awn man you can't just drop that title in the preview and tell me to wait till next week...
It's harder and harder to not just go and read the manga.

Waking up with Mitty in your face doesn't seem very comfortable.
Nanachi seems nice, I wonder if she'll continue with them in the adventures. In the ending it seems like yes, but considering what she said about ascending I don't think she'll want to leave her home just like that.

Next ep can't come fast enough
Baby, daijobanai...
Sep 15, 2017 10:21 AM

Jul 2016
Oh boy, makes me sad to think there are only two episodes left. I'll surely start reading the manga after this season finishes airing.

And now enters Mitty, the mysterious leftovers of the curse. Pretty excited to find more about her and the curse in the next episode. And now we wait for another week.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Sep 15, 2017 10:22 AM

Nov 2016
If it weren't for Ozen, Nanachi would've been easily best grill(not that the selection is really broad^^)

Good episode again, the curse of the 6th layer is sick, one can only feel very sad for Mitty :/ It was even hard for me to finish my meal while watching :S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
INU4SH4 said:
Oh boy, makes me sad to think there are only two episodes left. I'll surely start reading the manga after this season finishes airing.

Lol, me definitely too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2017 10:37 AM

Jun 2014
There must have been some misunderstanding. Somehow I was expecting Bondrewd The Lord of Dawn to be voiced by Jun Fukuyama.
Sep 15, 2017 10:39 AM
Aug 2017
After Last week very gruesome episode , on here we have Details about Nanachi and mitty's past or Hollow(Narehate) in general plus a way to heal Riko and how save her from her looming Death. Love Nanachi lol she's Trolling Reg constantly and really glad that she decided to help them. Nice little details there about why Riko didnt suggest reg to Cut Her elbow to avoid breaking the bones cause she still wants to continue her Adventure and we also got info about Nanachi's past and the 6th layers Curse where when you descend there is where you will lose your Humanity or Death and become a Hollow and they show us a perfect Example which is Mitty (Nanachi's comrade who lose her whole identity in the process) i wonder how Nanachi manage to survive? I think it's one of the White Whistle Guy who experimented on them. Lastly about Reg , they show us some of his memory and it shows the Grave of Lyza with her weapon the blaze leap and some one mourning on it, Interesting and the mystery thickens and i definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 15, 2017 10:47 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That's one tough and harrowing world they live in down there.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 15, 2017 11:06 AM
May 2017
garyborken said:
There must have been some misunderstanding. Somehow I was expecting Bondrewd The Lord of Dawn to be voiced by Jun Fukuyama.

I thought his voice would be Shō Hayami, but Toshiyuki Morikawa turned out really good imo
Sep 15, 2017 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
Imonikomi said:

I thought his voice would be Shō Hayami, but Toshiyuki Morikawa turned out really good imo

Dude, that was just a joke on the character design similarity.
Sep 15, 2017 11:48 AM
Nov 2016
So, we got a breather episode and personally, I am happy with that.

Nanacchi seems really capable and it was interesting to see her sort of make Reg do her work.... Lol.

Why does it feel like Mitty is Lyza? Please don't let that be true.

They also showed some masked guy who was talking to Nanacchi, I am pretty sure that it's another cave rider who is at the 4th layer but is he the "father of the year" everyone is talking about? So many questions.... I can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 15, 2017 11:48 AM

Mar 2016
I'm so glad the anime took the dark turn it needed in order to stay true to the manga and I hope they continue on this path to the end of the season
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 15, 2017 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
Mitty will give me nightmares. That is just a such a gruesome concept, the idea of people risking and going through that is.....jeez

Sep 15, 2017 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
The place around Nanachi's house is certainly beautiful.

Mitty is looking at Riko like it sees someone familiar, but I could be wrong.

Sep 15, 2017 12:32 PM

Apr 2012
Mitty is Lyza???????????????

Sep 15, 2017 1:00 PM

Jul 2012
Ahh, I love mysteries. Only 2 more episodes to go though, so there will still be a lot of unanswered questions. But at least the last episode will be double-length :)

Nanachi is pretty great haha. No wonder she's so popular. It should be really fun with her around from now on :)
Sep 15, 2017 1:15 PM

Apr 2008
I was not ready for Mitty, that voice... ;___;
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Sep 15, 2017 1:16 PM
May 2017
Nanachi is really cute and funny.
I already miss Riko so much.
So I guess Reg already knew Lyza as expected, I hope we can have a little more information about him before the end.
Can't wait for next episode ~
Sep 15, 2017 1:58 PM

Aug 2013
Another good week. Man I want to read the manga so bad after this series is finished. Ah yes the darkness continues.

As usual, sing it with me!

Hello Darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk to you again
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 15, 2017 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Nnaa, they really nailed Nanachi's speech hahahah, Izawa Shiori is doing a marvelous job dubbing her, and Mitty is just as cute in the anime as she is in the manga.

As expected this episode was a bit rushed.

But hey, at least "best dad" made an appearance in this episode, it's just a shame that we won't get his arc this season. Well, I really hope we get a second season since "best dad" arc defnitely has enough content to fill up another 12 episodes.

And I can't wait to see people's reaction when they discover the truth behind Mitty and Nanachi.
removed-userSep 15, 2017 2:16 PM
Sep 15, 2017 2:46 PM

Sep 2013
That 3 min recap though.
Nanachi a cute, reg going around collecting the magical shrooms and food plus he gets some memory flashback.
Sep 15, 2017 2:48 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I love the fuck out of Nanachi lol, however I already know who the guy is from her flashbacks because of some friends so I'm curious to see how and when he's going to be properly added to the main story
Sep 15, 2017 4:12 PM

Nov 2009
This series just keeps on getting darker and darker...

I gotta save some light comedy anime series to watch after this series for balance...

Otherwise I just end up curling in a small ball covering my eyes while watching this series.

Tho Reg in this episode... LOL, how many times did he get embarrassed/ brush?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 15, 2017 4:15 PM
Oct 2014
Fucking love this serie, I'm so fucking hyped for the end, this will be awesome. Very nice ep 11, nanachi is so kind :')
Sep 15, 2017 4:36 PM

Aug 2015
Background art and sound design definitely stand out this episode. The forest area near the end of the episode looked fucking beautiful and we got some insight into Reg's past. I assumed he knew Lyza since he was in her notebook, but confirms he knew her on a personal level.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

180 by eWEQRW123123 »»
Apr 19, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

768 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

234 by p1f1 »»
Apr 16, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Are the movies cannon…?

Skylar-whoo - Apr 15

21 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 15, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 24, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.