Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2017 1:20 PM
Aug 2017
There are some anime that may not be the best shows ever but they really leave a personal mar on you as a person or who you are as a person.I was wondering if you guys have anime that have changed as a person.Whether during good times or bad.My three are Assassination Classroom,Jojo,and Hunter x Hunter
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 14, 2017 1:21 PM

Sep 2017
Steins gate, legend of the galactic heroes, jojo
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 14, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
Let's see ..... none
Anime can't change me
Sep 14, 2017 1:24 PM

Mar 2016
HunterxHunter
Kuzu no Honkai
Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo
Sep 14, 2017 1:24 PM

Oct 2016
I'd say OreGairu, 3-gatsu no Lion and Your Lie in April.
Nyanpasu~
Sep 14, 2017 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
Aikatsu! is the series that made me into a better person...

Idolm@ster (the 2nd game) turned me into a Producer-san

Dragon Ball (the manga) basically got me into Anime :p

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 14, 2017 1:27 PM

Feb 2015
Actually, I want to read more isekai LN or watch isekai series.
Sep 14, 2017 1:27 PM

Nov 2014
1. Clannad 100%
2. Texhnolyze
3. LoGH
Sep 14, 2017 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Anitore! EX
inspired me and taught me some exercises + whats better than working out with a boner, right?

Dagashi Kashi
i have become very picky about the snacks i buy and eat now. seriously.

30-sai no Hoken Taiiku
this anime helped me realize i'll be a loser for the rest of my life.
Sep 14, 2017 1:32 PM

Jul 2015
Probably no anime has ever changed me, and i doubt there's any anime out there that will change me.
But you never know....
Sep 14, 2017 1:33 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
- Hunter x Hunter : Revived my faith in the Shonen genre. Anime in general.
- Revolutionary Girl Utena : Elevated my expectations in story and romance in animation.

- Naruto : It got me into anime hardcore. Good for me.

Apr 2017
Dragon Ball series
Blood+
Seiren
I really don't know why Seiren since it is a summer 2017 omnibus anime and it wasn't special at all. I really loved it. And somehow, it changed my personality to better. I'm not so socially awkward with people anymore and I'm not so shy anymore. It all happened after I watched Seiren.
Nov 2016
Steins;Gate

Planetes

Hotarubi no Mori e ( Into the Forest of Fireflies' Light, The Light of a Firefly Forest)
Sep 14, 2017 1:37 PM

Jul 2016
I'd say that quite a few anime have made me see things in a different way...but those that really changed me (it's more like they influenced me actually) are Gintama, Jigoku Shoujo, and Colorful (Movie).
Sep 14, 2017 1:38 PM

Dec 2014
Welcome to the NHK
Colorful (Movie) somehow...
The third one? Dunno.

But definitely Welcome to the NHK. It was just a perfect anime to take a selfreflection of myself, how ppl look at me (irl) and other things.

Sep 14, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
Shugo Chara
K-On!!
Aikatsu!

In order of applicability.
Sep 14, 2017 1:41 PM

Feb 2015
There's just one....

BOKU NO PICO

It changed me forever... Now I have an addiction to bleaching my eyes
Sep 14, 2017 1:44 PM

Apr 2013
Nyah_Chan said:
There's just one....

BOKU NO PICO

Should I be proud of myself for not even thinking about watching that "Anime?" Should I? Yeah? Good *pats self on back*

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 14, 2017 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
1) Bakuman
2) Little busters
3) Skip beat
Sep 14, 2017 1:46 PM

Apr 2016
1. Re: Zero
2. Re: Zero
3. Re: Zero

I started questioning the purpose of human race after watching this.
Sep 14, 2017 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Nyah_Chan said:
There's just one....

BOKU NO PICO

Should I be proud of myself for not even thinking about watching that "Anime?" Should I? Yeah? Good *pats self on back*

Dude.... The worse part is... I was pranked man... Fucking pranked.... My poor little newd anime self was pranked!... Since that day... I take recommendations from no one!
Sep 14, 2017 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
The only part of it to be proud about is that it became a shitty unfunny meme and you are not part of the crowd memeing it.
Sep 14, 2017 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Nyah_Chan said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

Dude.... The worse part is... I was pranked man... Fucking pranked.... My poor little newd anime self was pranked!... Since that day... I take recommendations from no one!

tfw, did you watch Cory in the House at least? :D I'm just joking btw, pretty sure it's better than Boku no Pico :p
Aidoru-OjisanSep 14, 2017 1:56 PM

Ascended Taste
Sep 14, 2017 1:54 PM

Jan 2014
One Piece
Welcome To The NHK
Ping Pong the Animation
Sep 14, 2017 1:56 PM

Feb 2015
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Nyah_Chan said:

tfw, did you watch Cory in the House at least? :D

I grew in the US so yes... I've seen Cory in the House... Unwillingly
Sep 14, 2017 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
Nyah_Chan said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

tfw, did you watch Cory in the House at least? :D

Yeah... damn you were either tricked or had no choice but to watch the "Meme Anime" R.I.P man, you are a real trooper

Ascended Taste
Sep 14, 2017 1:57 PM

Apr 2017
The Moomin series. It was my childhood.

Berserk 1997 and movies by Studio Ghibli got me into anime and manga in general.
Sep 14, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2017
I think every anime that I've watched has changed me in some way. I say that because it's very difficult to watch something and not have it affect you in subtle ways, perhaps on the subconscious level. I can't really think of any anime that brought me to a conscious point where I said, "wow, I'm going to take this to heart and change myself," but I'm aware that I still carry a little bit of everything I've seen with me.

But, since you asked... if I had to put a name to a few:
Uchuu Kyoudai (perhaps helped me be more thoughtful)
TTGL (perhaps helped me be stronger in my convictions)
Trigun (perhaps helped me find the path between being silly and serious)
Sep 14, 2017 1:59 PM

Sep 2017
Swagernator said:
1. Re: Zero
2. Re: Zero
3. Re: Zero

I started questioning the purpose of human race after watching this.

Oh my gosh even this is quote worthy. I only questioned the animation industry in why they adapted this and now you question the human race.

Isekai is a mistake. Lmao
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 14, 2017 1:59 PM

Feb 2015
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Nyah_Chan said:

Yeah... damn you were either tricked or had no choice but to watch the "Meme Anime" R.I.P man, you are a real trooper

As a child... I wasn't able to get the remote... And that would play was disney channel... Oh god did I hate it... But when I could finally use the remote.... Cartoon network all the way
Sep 14, 2017 2:51 PM

Jan 2017
Clannad and AS they made me wonder if I could have found happiness if I looked for it.
Sep 14, 2017 5:30 PM

Mar 2017
K-ON, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Clannad.

Those three anime that i watched as i began this path of anime enthusiasm causes me to not be able to enjoy action anime in general, since their story is enganging and enjoyable to the point that i cannot enjoy anime that has no story whatsoever. That's a shame though, since i watched a lot of action anime growing up.
It's time to play the Game folks!
Sep 14, 2017 7:18 PM

Mar 2017
Oh that...

Let's start adding reasons before the mods deem this a listing thread.

le_halfhand_easy said:
Toradora! came with wonderful conversations (or at least in the Dub since I never watched the Sub) and a surprising level of depth. I think people are way too scared of being selfish that they'd rather give up on the things they want in life -the things that makes them happy. Pure altruism is an extreme. And it sucks the life out of you. I'm not saying be selfish to the extreme and only look out for yourself. But it helps to be more assertive of what you want and learn selfishness in moderation, because you know best about the things you want. Nobody else is going to get it for you. Stand up for what you want. You're in charge of your own happiness. And when you do that, you understand a little bit more the selfishness of the people around you. And it'll sting less because now you know that they are chasing after their own happiness. Nobody's getting hurt, unduly.

Hibike! Euphonium S2 made me realize something I think I've already known deep down. I love competitions. I hate being judged. I hate ranks. And I hate grades. They are often a measure of effort, not intellect. And I'm one lazy mofo. But how often do you get the chance to show just how much you've improved and how much effort you've put in? It sucks getting turned down. It sucks knowing that you're not as good as you think you are. But it sucks even more to clam up just because you're too scared to find out that you're not as good as you think you are. I'm an optimist. I never call it failure. It's called avenues for growth.

Code Geass was one of the anime series I watched during my adolescent years and the R2's World of C, side by side with Star Trek, helped shaped my perception about individualism and collectivism.

I still remember Charles' vision of peace: a world in harmony bereft of individualism and all the ugliness it entails. The ultimate perversion of the Vulcan mantra "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" in much the same way as the Borg (and the Optimum Movement in the Star Trek Federation novel) were. Death to individualism is death to desire, death to change, and therefore death to conflict. Change requires conflict and desires clash. Always has. Always will. That conflict is not necessarily war. But if you remove human sense of identity, of dreams, of hopes, and of desire, if you force humanity into a hive mind where the individual doesn't matter, only the species as a whole, you remove conflict. And for Charles, it's the ultimate peace.

But that's the problem. Death to change is death to progress. Death to progress is death to the species. It's the continued emergence of variation and society's relentless progression to a new state of equilibrium that keeps things moving from protobionts to primates and stone to spacecrafts.

I disagree with Charles' peace through conformity. I disagree with Schneizel's peace through force. And I see the fragility and naivety of Lelouch's peace.

And from that, here I am. I've come to realized that tomorrow keeps coming. And if we really want to work for a better one, we have to keep at it every moment of every day. All of us. A savior or a miracle will ultimately avail humanity nothing. Progress has to be steady and relentless. Or it halts the moment the savior and the miracle fades. Sadly, the great things in life comes through work.

And here I am, doing my part.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Sep 14, 2017 7:33 PM
Jan 2017
Attack on Titan- turned me into a weeb
Fullmetal Alchemist- turned me into even more of a weeb
Hunter x Hunter- somehow turned me back
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- I still don't have a firm grasp on my sexuality after this show
Gregor Counter- causes me to have violent ptsd flashbacks whenever lolis get lewded
Boku no Pico- caused me to always be on the lookout for traps
I know it's not three but these are the most relevant I can think of.
Sep 14, 2017 7:45 PM
Dec 2015
- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
- Steins;Gate
- Oregairu
Sep 14, 2017 7:57 PM

May 2015
Yay Listing Thread!

Slayers - Very first anime that got me into the medium.
Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo (The Big One) - Defined my taste in anime.
Senki Zesshou Symphogear - Found the perfect gym music. Made my workout more enjoyable.
Sep 14, 2017 8:03 PM

Jul 2016
Cowboy Bebop: first anime I managed to finish. made me give a shit about anime
Berserk: made me give a shit about reading manga
Rose of Versailles: made me give a shit about shoujo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2017 8:13 PM
Apr 2016
One piece was one of the first tv series i saw as a child that i really loved, i tried to never miss an episode and i succeded, until it stopped being dubbed in spanish. I also like Naruto and Dbz but ill give the first spot to One Piece. Nowadays i dont like the series that much but i plan to read the manga from start to end once it ''ends'' (hahahaha).

Death note was the first anime i saw with subtitles, and i loved it at the time, now im not a big fan but i think is a good show. And the series that made me seek anime and start consuming it more regularly was... Mirai Nikki... yeah. I had a lot of fun but its not very goooood. Ill give the second spot to this 2 together.

And the third spot would be Rebellion, my favourite anime ever, its probably the most influencial piece of media i have consumed, i have changed a lot as a person since the first time i watched it and this movie played an important part in sapping my personal filosofy and morals, and way at looking at art in general.

Shoutouts for Spirit Circle, a manga that played a ery similar important role in my life to that of Rebellion, also my favourite manga for that reason.
Sep 14, 2017 8:19 PM

Oct 2016
Have to go with madoka magica, code geass and one piece which are also my top 3 favourite.
Primerose003
Sep 14, 2017 9:04 PM

Aug 2016
Here's the thing. Anime in general changed me. It made me more socially open, more approachable, nicer, more kind. It's the certain style of anime that changed me that way, so I'm very thankful for anime and I will keep watching anime for the rest of my life.

But there isn't a specific series that changed me, some series only changed my standards in anime. The series that changed my tastes the most are Sword Art Online (well it's my first anime so it's the one that gave me a starting taste), Kimi no na wa, Mirai Nikki and HighSchool DxD
Sep 14, 2017 9:13 PM

Nov 2015
Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist+Brotherhood and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Sep 14, 2017 9:52 PM
Aug 2017
Anime as a whole changed my life in many many ways and there are a lot of anime that have had huge impact and influence on my life . Its really difficult for me to pick just 3 anime but I can give it a try :

1. Clannad After Story

2. Bakuman

3. Sakurasou no pet na kanojo

Sep 14, 2017 10:03 PM

Nov 2015
1. Fruits Basket - Goes over serious topics like domestic abuse, being suicidal, hardships of love etc. yet still remains a happy and positive series with moments that had me dying of laughter. I always think back to the lessons offered in the series when I'm upset.

2. Durarara!! - Nothing really deep here... but Izaya's constant rambling about humans and philosophy makes me question my existence.

3. Assassination Classroom - Korosensei. That is all.
Sep 15, 2017 12:27 AM

Jan 2010
One Piece - Law and Kid turned me into a fujoshi
Sep 15, 2017 12:31 AM

Jan 2013
Never ever happened... I'm still the same.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 15, 2017 12:54 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Many anime had influenced my lifestyle in many ways. To be honest, anime are the reason why my school grades are top of the ladder now. Since the time I discovered how anime is good in so many ways, many things have improved—yet many things also got worse. However, if I am to be asked that question, here are the three anime that changed me. SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

1. Shokugeki no Souma - This helped me awaken my inner love for cooking, and has helped me cook better, especially when listening to Kibou no Uta, which makes me cook faster. Don't worry, I don't burn my food.Oh, beef stew? No one cares, Alex!

2. Shigatsu ha Kimi no Uso - This changed me a lot, especially that Arima and I have so many similarities—he's a prodigy and I am too(no kidding), a pianist, and had a past of torment (but in my case, it's just hardwork, so Arima's case is similar, but not as BRUTAL as mine.). This inspired me to keep practicing piano, and gave me a lot of life lessons to, which made me realized that my old self was no good.

3. Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun—The Two Toaru Series - My grades for the science subject were high before watching this. After watching these, my average science grades got higher. I learned many things from this and thus, changed my life greatly. I won many contests in real life, thanks to the Railgun and the Vector Change. Imagine breaker? That is unscientific, so no thanks.

Special Mention
Anime itself - We all know that anime brings a lot of sad, happy, and many more emotions to MANY people. As for me, anime changed my life entirely. My grades got higher (as I said earlier), I learned a lot, my grammar became better, and I discovered what life truly means.

However, I recommend to people reading this that too much is as damaging as too little. Why? Too much anime can kill you. How? Try watching One Piece in one go without any breaks. See? Now this message became a joke that no one's ever going to laugh at. LOL
Sep 15, 2017 1:06 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
kobayashi maid, kobayashi maid & kobayashi maid

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Sep 15, 2017 1:08 AM

Aug 2017
Non anime changed me. It just influenced my way of thinking a little bit about connections. Such stuff as like Digimon Adventure and Dragon Ball for example.
Sep 15, 2017 1:12 AM

Aug 2012
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Colorful (Movie)
Ping Pong the Animation
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

18 by tmoverbeck »»
47 seconds ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

67 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

211 by TitanOfPlasma »»
4 minutes ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 6 hours ago

11 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

20 by tchitchouan »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.