Forum Settings
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 15, 2010 5:41 AM

Jul 2009
Fantastic, worth wait for another month!
Winry is back yahooo
Mar 15, 2010 5:44 AM

Jul 2009
Epic chapter!!!
I have to say this...Bradley is the GARest villain ever exists.Even loses his arm he resort using teeth to deliver his final attack to Scar before his died.And his last word was great either.
Now Ed & his friends will kick Father asses in next chapter.Hope Roy will join the fight despite lose his sight & his flame alchemy might be powerful now since he sees the gate of truth.
Mar 15, 2010 5:56 AM
Apr 2009
Ssshiiiittt!!! Im already picturing this fight...no, epic battle of the century animated in my mind...with the right tracks playing in the background.

KING BRADLEY!!! I want to be you when Im 60 years old!!!
EPIC GRANDPA!!!
Mar 15, 2010 6:00 AM

Jul 2009
Whoa that was pretty intense; awesome fight between Hohenheim and Father and finally King Bradley is dead.

Kubo and Kishimoto should take note on how to end a shounen.

P.S. I'm pretty sure the number 108 is something to do with the sins of life or something in Japan
Zell182Mar 15, 2010 6:04 AM
Mar 15, 2010 6:51 AM

Jun 2009
Woow! Great! Just great! :)
Go Ed and Al and the others!! Kick that guy's _ss!!! ^^

I hope, in the end they also can get back what they've lost. :3
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Mar 15, 2010 7:51 AM

Jun 2008
Zell182 said:
Whoa that was pretty intense; awesome fight between Hohenheim and Father and finally King Bradley is dead.

Kubo and Kishimoto should take note on how to end a shounen.

Please don't compare a MONTHLY manga, to a WEEKLY manga, they are two completely different worlds.

In my opinion, the story comes out easier, and better to make when you have 30 days to think up and draw 40 pages of material, with only ONE deadline.

In the same time frame (30 days) a weekly mangaka,(for example Kishimoto or Kubo) have to think up and draw more than 70 pages of material, and they'll have 4 deadlines in that same 30 days.

You're right though, this is much smoother, and BETTER than what Bleach and Naruto are doing. HOWEVER; you must understand the pressure of coming up with 17-20 pages of material EVERY WEEK. Thats much harder to do than to have ONE deadline with half the work.

I'm not trying to be hard on Monthly manga, I'm just saying that Weekly manga has a much tougher job, and somehow Naruto and Bleach are STILL two of the most popular manga in Japan and the U.S., they still have a big fan base, and they still come up with entertaining story-lines after more than 10 years of weekly publication. (Naruto 10+ years) (Bleach 8+ years).

IN MY BOOK, THAT IS VERY IMPRESSIVE.
Mar 15, 2010 8:12 AM

Apr 2009
Hoo boy, am I glad that I properly waited for this to come out in HQ scans.

...I don't even know what to say. I'm fucking amazed, Arakawa actually pulled it off. She resurrected 50 million people at once, without it seeming an asspull, and actually being explained and executed epically. This woman is getting a shrine in my room. I want to marry her brain.
Hohenheim's "show my boys something cool" line was absolutely awesome. May gained a whole lot of points in my book, that was very unexpected o.o Scar shows us just how badass monks do things. And Bradley...dude, he is the essence of MANLY (yes, that's in caps). I think he's actually my favourite villain. Ever.

Tl;dr: Absolutely and mind-numbingly EPIC.
There should be some special MAL rating:
FMA, BIOTCH
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 15, 2010 8:25 AM
Apr 2009
I also loved how after Bradley said "There is no God" the sun shined down and blinded him.
God's way of sayin "Oh Really? Lets see about that...SHINE!!!"

But what really got me were his feelings toward his wife:

"There is nothing between myself and it that requires any "Last Words." That is how things are between a king and his partner."

Shit that was deep. Would have preferred if he had said queen instead of partner.
ChimpMar 15, 2010 8:34 AM
Mar 15, 2010 9:42 AM

Jan 2008
Absolutely brilliant.

Mar 15, 2010 11:34 AM

Oct 2008
MAY, HOHENHEIM and Bradley totally stole this chapter!
Some clarification is needed though....
That circle that Scar transmuted that activated the country wide circle...when was that set up? Could someone refer me to the appropriate chapter?
Also, as I right in saying that Hohenheim used the circle cast by the moon's shadow (due to the eclipse) to carry out his transmutation? Or something?

But all in all what an epic chapter <3

KokoroChan: Nobody will beat our SuperAwesomeAsianNinjaSkillzzz (S.A.A.N.S.)!!!!!! l P h o t o s h o p G a l l e r y l
Mar 15, 2010 1:23 PM

May 2009
Cenedess said:
Hoo boy, am I glad that I properly waited for this to come out in HQ scans.

...I don't even know what to say. I'm fucking amazed, Arakawa actually pulled it off. She resurrected 50 million people at once, without it seeming an asspull, and actually being explained and executed epically. This woman is getting a shrine in my room. I want to marry her brain.
Hohenheim's "show my boys something cool" line was absolutely awesome. May gained a whole lot of points in my book, that was very unexpected o.o Scar shows us just how badass monks do things. And Bradley...dude, he is the essence of MANLY (yes, that's in caps). I think he's actually my favourite villain. Ever.

FMA, BIOTCH

This. You stole my fingers D:

+1
Mar 15, 2010 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
Cenedess said:
And Bradley...dude, he is the essence of MANLY (yes, that's in caps). I think he's actually my favourite villain. Ever.

FMA, BIOTCH
Well Bradley basically is Big Boss, so it's a given. And ratings for lowest should be like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

It's like a response WTF chapter to the previous one.
ckamMar 15, 2010 2:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2010 2:23 PM

Feb 2008
Perfection as it should be.

Left me spechless and in tears. I loved the Father-Son bonds between Ed & Van. Also, May became one badass girlie.

Scar is just.. Scar. Scar should be synonym for Awesome.
Mar 15, 2010 2:32 PM

Jan 2009
SnG said:
Scar is just.. Scar. Scar should be synonym for Awesome.
And suddenly out of nowhere, Bradley becomes a synonym for Scar : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 15, 2010 2:45 PM

Mar 2009
Mmmh... So even the Absolute Eye can get distracted by a solar eclipse. Interesting.

So, yeah, epic battles. And I don't think they came back from the dead, they just weren't dead to begin with. Hohenheim explains it pretty well. Anyway, we can have different visions on death and life in FMA, but yeah, that weren't deaths for me.

And I thought that the transmutation circle put in place by the Ishbali would be to save the people and to bring back alchemy, but no... There were two different things...

For the number of chapters, it may be 108. I didn't know that it had a special meaning, but I had another theory that gives the same number. If we suppose that the anime and the manga finish more or less at the same time, it'll be around chapter 108. With two chapters per episode. Those aren't exact calculations, but it should work.
Mar 15, 2010 4:52 PM

Jul 2008
robbydesu said:
hJ said:
Now the counter attack begins, I seriously want Mustang to participate in it somehow
Completely agree, he's been so useless for the past couple of chapters :(...
Well he's blind now. And it wasn't long ago that he was kicking ass and taking names with Envy.

BEGINNER
Mar 15, 2010 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
EPIC chapter is EPIC.
Time for Edward to kick Father's ass.

I get the feeling the FMA will soon end it's serialization after this arc -__-

adamantine said:
Well he's blind now. And it wasn't long ago that he was kicking ass and taking names with Envy.

You got that right. But maybe he'll be able to fight like that. He just needs to get used to it, right? Though I don't really know.
This is a signature.
Mar 15, 2010 7:00 PM

Oct 2008
Toadounet said:
Mmmh... So even the Absolute Eye can get distracted by a solar eclipse. Interesting.

So, yeah, epic battles. And I don't think they came back from the dead, they just weren't dead to begin with. Hohenheim explains it pretty well. Anyway, we can have different visions on death and life in FMA, but yeah, that weren't deaths for me.

And I thought that the transmutation circle put in place by the Ishbali would be to save the people and to bring back alchemy, but no... There were two different things...

For the number of chapters, it may be 108. I didn't know that it had a special meaning, but I had another theory that gives the same number. If we suppose that the anime and the manga finish more or less at the same time, it'll be around chapter 108. With two chapters per episode. Those aren't exact calculations, but it should work.

Remember, he hasn't had his ultimate eye since the fight with greed; when it got severely damaged from his swipe to the face. I liked it when that's when he became vulnerable; as if God had blinded him to give scar an opening.
Mar 15, 2010 7:01 PM

Nov 2008
Epic sums this chapter up quite nicely - 2 perfect counter attack plans laid out and then executed -

And I must admit it was quite nice to Winry back on her feet - and very nice to see Bradley finally re re re die?
Mar 15, 2010 8:49 PM

Jun 2008
*speechless*

No really. I think that was the most epic thing I've even seen. 104 was the most epic thing I'd ever seen...and then 105 came out. Arakawa is a freaking genius and I love this series to death.

Mustang. You. Yeah, that's right. Get your eyes back and start kicking ass. PLEASE.

Ed. Srs bsns. Nao.

One month never lasted so long as when you're waiting for FMA...

Edit: Oh yeah. Mei kicks ass and I totally love her and that thing with her alchemy WOAHAWESOME. Scar is one of the biggest badasses in the entire series period. And Bradley... :D Infinity+1 for awesomeness.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Mar 15, 2010 9:03 PM

Jul 2008
Uskaro said:
No really. I think that was the most epic thing I've even seen. 104 was the most epic thing I'd ever seen...and then 105 came out. Arakawa is a freaking genius and I love this series to death.
I don't even know what I'm going to read to fill the void once it's over. ;___;

BEGINNER
Mar 15, 2010 9:28 PM

Oct 2008
adamantine said:
Re-read FMA of course. I know that's what I'll be doing. My FMA volumes will be tattered like library copies in a few years.
Mar 15, 2010 9:37 PM

Jul 2008
someguy6388 said:
adamantine said:
Re-read FMA of course. I know that's what I'll be doing. My FMA volumes will be tattered like library copies in a few years.
Haha, yes. I've actually done that a few times when I was feeling angsty for more FMA and when I was searching for Royai moments, lol.

BEGINNER
Mar 16, 2010 2:24 AM

Oct 2007
Lame and more lame.

What's up with the mass revival. To think the author sunk to that level. No. He always was on such a low level, it's just now that he made it noticeable how lame he is.

Freaking piece of shit of a manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2010 3:41 AM

Mar 2009
Peralisc said:
He

No.
Mar 16, 2010 6:28 AM

Dec 2007
Peralisc said:
Lame and more lame.

What's up with the mass revival. To think the author sunk to that level. No. He always was on such a low level, it's just now that he made it noticeable how lame he is.

Mass revival? I don't think so. The situation was perfectly explained in this chapter, and had it's foundations settled in the previous ones. Just remember that Alphonse's body is calling it's soul and you'll understand... well, you will if you're not biased.

Epic chapter, whith Scar finally showing the results of that expedition to his brother's house. I was wondering what was the purpose of that reverse transmutation circle, but most probably I overlooked the planning XD

I also take this chance to pay my respects to Bradley: Probably the most badass villain I have ever seen. You will be missed.
Mar 16, 2010 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Possk said:
..I have to say, Bradley is amazing even without any arms. Jeez, slice through Scar with just his MOUTH. Not even any arms. What the hell lol. But YES, HE FINALLY DIES. I've been waiting for him to kick the bucket since his last fight with GreedLing.

And whoot, everyone's alive again and Hohenheim gets to show off some badass move that..I have no idea of understanding.

Yeah. I agree.
I was also amazed with Bradley!

Errr...I feel like Fullmetal Alchemist is going to end soon...

All of the Homunculus are dying... :(
Mar 16, 2010 8:38 AM
Sep 2008
(
rinri said:
Possk said:
..I have to say, Bradley is amazing even without any arms. Jeez, slice through Scar with just his MOUTH. Not even any arms. What the hell lol. But YES, HE FINALLY DIES. I've been waiting for him to kick the bucket since his last fight with GreedLing.

And whoot, everyone's alive again and Hohenheim gets to show off some badass move that..I have no idea of understanding.

Yeah. I agree.
I was also amazed with Bradley!

Errr...I feel like Fullmetal Alchemist is going to end soon...

All of the Homunculus are dying... :(

Let's hope that Greedlin survive!
gtagtoMar 16, 2010 8:42 AM
Mar 16, 2010 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
blopa said:
Peralisc said:
Lame and more lame.

Mass revival? I don't think so. The situation was perfectly explained in this chapter, and had it's foundations settled in the previous ones. Just remember that Alphonse's body is calling it's soul and you'll understand... well, you will if you're not biased.

Epic chapter, whith Scar finally showing the results of that expedition to his brother's house. I was wondering what was the purpose of that reverse transmutation circle, but most probably I overlooked the planning XD

I also take this chance to pay my respects to Bradley: Probably the most badass villain I have ever seen. You will be missed.

i agree unlike naruto vs pein.....this was planned, thought out, and had a purpose
Mar 16, 2010 11:01 AM

Feb 2009
adamantine said:
someguy6388 said:
adamantine said:
Haha, yes. I've actually done that a few times when I was feeling angsty for more FMA and when I was searching for Royai moments, lol.

xD I have also re-read the series looking for Royai moments. And yes, I do feel that my FMA volumes will end up all tattered from reading them so much after a few years.
Mar 16, 2010 11:14 AM

Oct 2007
Possk said:
I have to say, Bradley is amazing even without any arms. Jeez, slice through Scar with just his MOUTH. Not even any arms.

It's just a flesh wound...
Mar 16, 2010 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
Ralonzo said:
Possk said:
I have to say, Bradley is amazing even without any arms. Jeez, slice through Scar with just his MOUTH. Not even any arms.
I lol'd
'Tis just a flesh wound indeed
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 16, 2010 3:18 PM

May 2009
Peralisc said:
Lame and more lame.

What's up with the mass revival. To think the author sunk to that level. No. HeShe always was on such a low level, it's just now that he made it noticeable how lame he is.

Troll. What the f* are you doing on this poll. You have no idea what you're talking about.

GTFO

EDIT: I can't believe you rated Naruto 3 points higher than FMA. That's just messed up
NanakoginMar 16, 2010 3:24 PM
Mar 16, 2010 3:24 PM

Apr 2008
mulderman said:
Bradley is awesome...

It's a shame we'll be seeing no more of him.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Mar 16, 2010 3:33 PM

Apr 2008
Chapter 104 Discussion:
Beatnik said:
Lol, as if they're gonna stay dead. This is shonen people, wake up.

This man speaks the TRUTH!
I'm a bit disappointed because of it, I expected .....maybe FMA is a different...but NAH!
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Mar 16, 2010 4:58 PM

Aug 2007
I'm glad everyone got revived, and in a way that made sense. Without any Deux-Ex Machina at all. It was planned this way right from the start.

Genius.

Looking forward to the next chapter. I CAN'T WAIT until the anime gets to this point.
Mar 16, 2010 8:59 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Scar and Bradley fight was awesome. Next chapter is gonna be awesome.

Mar 16, 2010 9:06 PM

Oct 2007
@ people who got mad over a personal opinion

Chill and calm down noobs. Everyone has his own expetations from a story.

Wipe your nose clean and wash your dirty face. That's all i am going to respond with to such a prickish and stupid attitude.

I'm glad everyone got revived, and in a way that made sense. Without any Deux-Ex Machina at all. It was planned this way right from the start.

Genius

I guess reviving 999999 people is genial now and ofcourse it totally makes sense.

Damn you're funny. Can't you see this is just as stupid as the naruto manga?
Mar 16, 2010 10:13 PM
Mar 2010
Ed and Al backing up their father like that was EPIC! Loved it, and that little girl (can't remember her name for the life of me) was beast as well. But of course, Bradely using his mouth to cut Scar down was an 'omgdidhereallyjustdothat?' moment.

Arakawa...my manga princess
Las Lindas!!

Wanna know more? Too bad. They're all mine!

And you can't have Rachael...I saw her first!
Mar 16, 2010 11:11 PM

Nov 2008
Zero_Rezult said:
Ed and Al backing up their father like that was EPIC! Loved it, and that little girl (can't remember her name for the life of me) was beast as well. But of course, Bradely using his mouth to cut Scar down was an 'omgdidhereallyjustdothat?' moment.

Arakawa...my manga princess

lol you mean mei chang? xD
Mar 16, 2010 11:15 PM

Nov 2008
Peralisc said:

Wipe your nose clean and wash your dirty face. That's all i am going to respond with to such a prickish and stupid attitude.

Genius

I guess reviving 999999 people is genial now and ofcourse it totally makes sense.

its ironic, you tell people who got mad over a personal opinion to calm down and then you go and get mad over a personal opinion rofl xD
Mar 17, 2010 6:56 AM

Nov 2008
I'm going to keep this short

-YES! Finally everyone revive!!! *dances around*
-King Bradley is finally taken down!!!! Left the only 2 remaining Homunculi
-Nuclear Fusion awesome!!! Science interest
-And the chapter keeps getting better!!!
Mar 17, 2010 12:23 PM

May 2009
suigetsu00 said:
Peralisc said:

Genius

its ironic, you tell people who got mad over a personal opinion to calm down and then you go and get mad over a personal opinion rofl xD

Seconding this. Before answering think about what you're saying
Mar 17, 2010 6:19 PM

Oct 2007
I wasn't mad. The mistake was to tell a bunch of pricks to calm, obviously they'll be ignorant enough to not take a good advice.

Ok i am done arguing with the 12 year olds, for now. :D
Mar 17, 2010 7:43 PM

Feb 2009
Ralonzo said:
Possk said:

I totally ROFL'd when I saw that. Epic win.
Mar 17, 2010 8:40 PM

Nov 2008
Peralisc said:
I wasn't mad. The mistake was to tell a bunch of pricks to calm, obviously they'll be ignorant enough to not take a good advice.

lol 12 year olds never listen.......usually lol
Mar 18, 2010 11:44 AM

May 2009
Peralisc said:

I'm not even gonna answer to that.

Though I just did -.- Seriously though, it's like you're calling to argue. Provocation. That's under-handed.
Whatever. Don't mind me.
Mar 18, 2010 8:05 PM

Feb 2008
senerikfred said:
Peralisc said:
He

No.

I lol'd. I've never seen the credibility of a forum post destroyed with one pronoun. Congrats peralisc, successful troll was successful.
Mar 19, 2010 7:04 AM

Nov 2008
alexcampos said:
If I had to predict, the manga will end on chapter 108.

Thats a special number (108), I forgot but it has a big importance in Japan.

Also Death Note ended in 108.

I think it's a possible. According to resources I found from a deviantart user she mentioned that FMA manga will end in June along with the anime.... so since chapter 105 is in March(this month)...

Chapter 106-April
Chapter 107-May
Chapter 108-June

So you're absolute right
Mar 19, 2010 12:41 PM

Oct 2007
Damn such epicness. Can't wait to see all of this in the anime, it will be amazing and might become the best anime of this century...

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 28, 2011

9 by wildhood »»
Jan 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 9, 2009

15 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 2, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist &quot;Another Journey's End&quot; Chapter Discussion

animegurlfreak - Sep 23, 2010

44 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 PM

» Why does MAL list 116 chapters?

Yman1512 - Dec 1, 2021

3 by DigiCat »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 6 Discussion

Heneshi - Jul 3, 2012

11 by Froqz17 »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.