Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2010 10:08 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There's only one word to describe this series: Epic. I liked the way that Raoh's iron will slowly deteriorated as his emotions of fear and love took over and his death was epically GAR.

The series may have started fairly slowly but after the battle with Shin it was almost relentlessly awesome until the finish. I hope the 2nd series is just as good ^_^
Jan 8, 2011 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
shit was awesome
Jun 9, 2011 7:30 AM

Jan 2009
I'm always fairly reluctant to start a rather large series, especially an older one. But I'm glad I decided to watch this. Though it seemed to lose some of the over the top ridiculousness that I really enjoyed towards the beginning.

What ever happened to the dog (Pel or whatever)?
Aug 8, 2012 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, man. That was so great. The whole Goshasei thing was the only time I really ever lost interest in what was going on. Just about everything else, even the convenient plot developments were okay. It doesn't seem to be rated as good as this one, but I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I just have one thing that didn't occur to me until seeing the summary now.
Anyone else find it strange that Shin had a perfectly realistic looking doll of Yuria just laying around?
Sep 6, 2012 10:50 PM

Feb 2012
Zewerr said:

I presume they got hungry during their travels and ate it.

I think it should have been a battle to the death, but plot interrupted the mortal battle. Well, I guess Ken had already won the fight at that point. Anyway, Raoh's death pose was manly to the max. He is in heaven beating up God now.
Nov 22, 2012 4:47 PM

Jun 2010
A tenth recap episode.

Truly Fist of the North Star is legend.
Mar 13, 2013 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
Fronzel said:
A tenth recap episode.

Eleventh, actually.

Zewerr said:

I think the last time I saw him was in episode 64 but I can be wrong

rlayer said:
Anyone else find it strange that Shin had a perfectly realistic looking doll of Yuria just laying around?

Well why not? That doll could had been done let's say for a month, as a portrait in the form of doll
Jun 14, 2013 5:08 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Erk, it's the last recap episode but the recap is the entire legend of Hokuto no Ken. Feels nostalgic to see clips from episode 1 again then I get goosebumps just having to witness Kenshiro's and Raoh's final battle for the last time. Adding "Ai wo Torimodose" as the BGM before the episode ends was pure win!

I'm very proud that I've finished the manliest anime ever. GAR to the max!
Aug 1, 2014 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
So the last episode was a recap episode.....lmao. This series really loved recaps.

Well besides the crappy last 10-15 episodes. I feel like they screwed up by bringing Yuria back as the last general of the South Star and also not finishing the series after Ken and Raoh's fight in the South Star capital. The episodes that followed just felt off and somewhat boring tbh.

Still, it was a pretty awesome series overall. Kenshiro is a true bad ass and is as OP as an MC could possibly get. Pretty entertaining series for people who enjoy watching characters beat the crap out of bad guys xD
Aug 1, 2014 1:37 AM

Oct 2009
xAvengerx said:
Pretty entertaining series for people who enjoy watching characters beat the crap out of bad guys xD

Yeah :D
Jan 14, 2015 2:37 AM

Oct 2008
Overall it was a pretty great series with a lot of memorable and epic moments,shame that it kinda lost steam later on especially in the last quarter.There were also quite a few ass pulls situations here and there that really screamed they were making things up as they went along.
Toei's signature shitty production values were obviously present here as well,there was barely any increase in visual quality from start to finish and the abundance of messing up characters statures and recycling character models/certain scenes over and over was very noticeable ,wish that I picked the manga instead.

Don't think ill pick the second season anytime soon since it was a pretty good ending and many people seem to agree that it was a very unnecessary continuation.
amateurJan 14, 2015 2:47 AM
Jun 7, 2015 9:58 PM

Jun 2012
Haha I called it 109 was a recap but I was wrong about 108 being a half recap x'D
And For some reason this plothole
Zewerr said:
bothers me more than this one
rlayer said:

I was hoping Id like this show more than I did but meh it was good for the most part.
Jul 28, 2015 6:16 AM

Jul 2013
Zewerr said:

What do you think those tin's contained?

But in all seriousness i wondered about his fate too after appearances of those wolves in 99th episode. First i thought they left him to some village and i just forgot but apparently he really just disappears from the show without any explanations.

So maybe they did actually eat him.

rlayer said:

I just have one thing that didn't occur to me until seeing the summary now.

You never mention that doll, you never mention it.
Nov 24, 2015 5:28 PM

Jul 2010
The final episode (in this first season atleast) is a recap, I'm dying right now lmao.
Feb 19, 2016 3:31 AM

Mar 2012
Now that`s what i called Gartastic!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 29, 2016 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
End with a recap? That shit would never fly now.

7/10 for the series as a whole.
Jul 10, 2016 9:02 PM
Mar 2007
It ended in a recap simply to set up/help get people into the sequel series which aired a week or two after.
vocabJul 10, 2016 9:07 PM
Aug 5, 2016 2:56 AM

Apr 2013
Over the top and ridiculous at times but that's the beauty of this show.
Jan 20, 2017 7:35 PM

Mar 2016
Really love the fighting scenes. . . It will be so much better without "cencor".
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Feb 22, 2018 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
End a show with a recap,ok.

It definitely had it flaws,like it seemed like the mangaka didn't plan his story properly,but it was still an addicting and very entertaining watch,with some great and memorable moments.

7/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 1, 2018 6:31 AM

Oct 2012
You know it's sad when the last episode is a recap

I'm enjoying it more than I should be
"Signature removed"
Aug 29, 2019 5:56 PM

Oct 2015
A recap episode huh, how very typical! This piece of shit of an episode was suppose to give us a 2000 year history of the hokuto ken, but all we got were events we aready seen. I mean if they were going to do this kind of episode shouldn't they've done a proper flashback history of the art, detailing us about how Ken came around to be the successor, with never seen footages by the way. But for me I felt the series ended at the last episode, which by the way was also lackluster. I'm glad Yuria woke up and sailed into the sunset with her dirty Prince and all, but it felt forced and really out of the ass kind of a thing. Ken didn't even give a proper goodbye to Bat and Lin, even though the bastard has been with them for so long. Raoh's self sacrifice felt shallow, even though it was meant to create a deeper development into the character. It felt cheap and senseless, since the guy was all about power, if he Was going to die he should've went out as a true villain who stayed true to his ambitions

Overall this anime was just a simple crap you should enjoy if you're not looking for anything serious or plot rich or characterized, you just want violence and ass pulls that are considered plot twists or laughable situations that are considered mystery or emotional. Whatever happened to Mamiya and Airi, especially Mamiya since she saw that death omen Star!? Where also is the monster Ken, fly kicks in the opening? Where does Ken get those new t-shirts after he rips others! So many recaps! Characters death got dragged for so long and became tedious.

7/10 not to be fair, because this was shit, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
lihle808Aug 29, 2019 6:07 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 30, 2019 9:28 PM
May 2018
this series is so good that i'm going to forgive the recaps, though i wish they were better distributed...
Oct 8, 2019 6:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yes, I knew it was going to be a recap episode, I don't mind this episode.
Overall this anime was truly awesome, it has such a great OST and great characters.
My favorite character with Kenshiro is probably Toki.
I'm going to watch the season 2, I hope it will be as good as the first season.
9/10 really good anime.
Dec 25, 2019 4:05 AM

Jul 2015
Last episode as recap that covers all of the episodes
Must say some parts felt a bit too long and a lot of the recaps a bit unneccessary but overall some nice action and good storyline
Especially the Omae wa mou shindeiru parts were the best

Mar 29, 2020 4:11 AM

Jan 2011
End it with another recap! Well, it's to sum up the whole series in prep for the second so it's understandable.
Oct 10, 2020 7:06 AM

Aug 2008
Well I made it through it all, though will a lot of skipping forward in many episodes. Why this series gets praise is truly baffling. It is overlong and repetitive. If the show was 50 episodes perhaps it would have been something decent but as it is, weighed down by filler and pointless fights I can't give it any praise. The last 10 episodes or so finally got a bit of excitement for me but then it ends in some Jesus moment that makes even less sense in a series whose mythos is absurd to begin with. Is this show trying to humanize Raoh after everything he's done? Make the audience sympathize? Because I am glad that psycho is dead and so should every other person who he made suffer. I think I would have rated this show with a 6 instead of a 7 because of that eye rolling end if the show was 50eps or less. With it being over 100... a 4/10 it shall be.
Oct 15, 2020 4:48 PM

Sep 2010
Did they really just make the finale episode a recap? They should've just ended it at episode 108 then.

I enjoyed this series, but it just feels so bogged down with recaps and pacing issues that I can't give it above a 7.

This show had some cool characters I hope the second season gives us more. Toki is still best guy too bad he is dead.

Also speaking of which Toki and Yuria couldn't decide on what hair color they wanted. When Toki was younger he had Brown hair then it was black and finally turned to white after getting poisoned from the radiation from the nuclear war.

Yuria went from Red hair to white/silver hair to Orange hair like wtf?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 30, 2021 9:26 PM
Feb 2020
Zewerr said:
I'm always fairly reluctant to start a rather large series, especially an older one. But I'm glad I decided to watch this. Though it seemed to lose some of the over the top ridiculousness that I really enjoyed towards the beginning.

He is filler, they just forget him
Apr 4, 2022 6:27 AM
May 2014
This series was 80s cheese at its absolute worst. At least it's so bad it's good, so it wasn't a total waste of time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 25 Discussion

naikou - Feb 16, 2009

17 by CreamofDaCrop »»
Mar 25, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 31 Discussion

brucescrews - Feb 24, 2012

9 by 0451 »»
Mar 17, 4:43 AM

» Information on this production?

Teirayo - Mar 7

2 by Otakupervert890 »»
Mar 7, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

8GaugeBrett - Nov 20, 2008

53 by mtsRhea »»
Feb 28, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 7 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 22, 2012

17 by JapanPsychology »»
Feb 8, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.