Forum Settings
Forums

The most forced romance you ever see in anime?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 15, 2017 6:06 PM
Jul 2016
Dammit why all the hate on Mirai Nikki how does something like that feel forced. It seems like most people haven't watched it through or read it through to find out the ending. If you have you would realize the ending connect loose ends.
Sep 15, 2017 6:17 PM
Jul 2016
Pizzagun said:
Cactii said:
Should we bring Re:Zero back into discussion?
Rem is shit
Emilia is even more shit.
Subaru is a fktard.
His obsession is force AF.
Whale-chan is the only character with proper development.
Felix-chan should have been the MC.

Are you retarded? Because re zero has one of the best romance in the anime medium, the way Subaru falls in love with Emilia is a perfect commentary on otaku culture and Rem's falling in love with Subaru is perfectly realistic. There is nothing forced in that.
Yeah dude this discussion has confused me it's almost like no one has ever fell in love before. Or that they don't pay attention. The following list makes no sense why people say they are forced but it's there opinion they are Re:Zero, Mirai Nikki, and Angel Beats! If you watched them through and you should see they are all romances where you wait for the pay off. People say Sakurasou makes no sense but really if you watch the show and pick up the feelings he was falling for her early and by episode 6 or 7 she had feelings for him. It's like no one has been to high school. I have never had any relationships to speak of but I get the just of love.
Sep 15, 2017 6:24 PM

Sep 2012
Rotton-Girl said:
Most forced romance? Orange. Also a pretty disappointing anime.
Oh my god yes. Hey I have a great idea! Let me write a story about depression and suicide and time travel.... and then make all of the drama about fucking pointless shit like a baton race and holding hands! That'll be good!
Sep 15, 2017 6:37 PM

Sep 2017
Angel Beats certainly. It was so rushed, random and fake.
Sep 15, 2017 6:43 PM

Nov 2015
Zen and Shirayuki from Snow White with the Red Hair was pretty corny. They just kind of met... and they were ready to sacrifice their own lives to be together ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Akito and Shigure from the Fruits Basket manga. That came from nowhere and I'm still not over it.
Sep 15, 2017 6:52 PM

May 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
Cactii said:
Should we bring Re:Zero back into discussion?
Rem is shit
Emilia is even more shit.
Subaru is a fktard.
His obsession is force AF.
Whale-chan is the only character with proper development.
Felix-chan should have been the MC.
fsn was pretty bad too....
After reading your reply, re:zero suddenly becomes not force anymore. surprise. wow. what a magic.
Sep 15, 2017 7:01 PM

May 2016
As much as I love Steins;Gate, the romance between Okabe and Kurisu felt like it came straight outta left field. First time watching, I didn't even know they were romantically interested in each other until they kissed.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Sep 15, 2017 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
dinosowermethod said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Otonashi and Angel from Angel Beats.
It literally happens out of nowhere.
I wholeheartedly disagree he felt bad for her from the beginning but when he finally got to talk to her and realized why she was doing what she did he fell for her. I don't want to spoil it but if you watch it closely you see these things take place. These things happen irl but I believe the anime was kind of short for all the parts to come together at a steady pace. The manga timing is better but that's because it is longer thought the anime is one of my favorite romance anime ever.

At what point was it ever even hinted at Otonashi falling for Angel?
Look, people don't fall for other people because, "ah, what a sad backstory, I really feel for you", or, "oh, we've been friends for a while, so I care about you".
No seriously. That's BS. Just ask any couple how they fell in love, and it'll be something along the lines of, "Well, he/she was really attractive, and I really liked their personality"
-I don't remember anything interesting about Angel's "personality" whenever she interacted with the whole group.
-She and Otanashi have literally nothing in common aside from having a sad backstory which literally everybody in Angel Beats has.
-They never agued
-I don't remember them having any actual conversations.
Sep 15, 2017 8:26 PM
Jul 2016
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
dinosowermethod said:
I wholeheartedly disagree he felt bad for her from the beginning but when he finally got to talk to her and realized why she was doing what she did he fell for her. I don't want to spoil it but if you watch it closely you see these things take place. These things happen irl but I believe the anime was kind of short for all the parts to come together at a steady pace. The manga timing is better but that's because it is longer thought the anime is one of my favorite romance anime ever.

Look, people don't fall for other people because, "ah, what a sad backstory, I really feel for you", or, "oh, we've been friends for a while, so I care about you".
No seriously. That's BS. Just ask any couple how they fell in love, and it'll be something along the lines of, "Well, he/she was really attractive, and I really liked their personality"
-I don't remember anything interesting about Angel's "personality" whenever she interacted with the whole group.
-She and Otanashi have literally nothing in common aside from having a sad backstory which literally everybody in Angel Beats has.
-They never agued
Um right when he asked her name almost every episode after that until he got the sss to work with her he was talking to her. And also your saying because she is shy and quiet she isn't worth being attracted too that is kind of shallow. Also she interacted with the group that way because they try and kill her every time they see her. Even though they started the whole thing and she had to evolve to defend herself. Also it's Otonashi. And it isn't that backstory he felt bad about he felt bad because his friends said she is evil and they have to kill her. How would you feel if your friends told you" Hey see that quiet girl over there she wants to keep us and we have to kill her" then before you end her for good, you talk to her and find out she is confused by the fact they think she is evil and just wanted to be friends at first. I'm just saying that fucked up Yuri made up everything that the story was based on. Also if they are forced than so are Yui and hinata and from Clannad nagisa and tomoya
dinosowermethodSep 15, 2017 8:38 PM
Sep 15, 2017 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
dinosowermethod said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

-They never agued
Um right when he asked her name almost every episode after that until he got the sss to work with her he was talking to her. And also your saying because she is shy and quiet she isn't worth being attracted too that is kind of shallow. Also she interacted with the group that way because they try and kill her every time they see her. Even though they started the whole thing and she had to evolve to defend herself. Also it's Otonashi. And it isn't that backstory he felt bad about he felt bad because his friends said she is evil and they have to kill her. How would you feel if your friends told you" Hey see that quiet girl over there she wants to keep us and we have to kill her" then before you end her for good, you talk to her and find out she is confused by the fact they think she is evil and just wanted to be friends at first. I'm just saying that fucked up Yuri made up everything that the story was based on. Also if they are forced than so are Yui and Sakura and from Clannad nagisa and tomoya

"Asked her name every episode"
Wow...now that's some real "chemistry". There's nothing like a great way to "bond" with someone then asking what their name is...ya know...the same thing you're supposed to ask every new person you meet. Yeah.

"And also your saying because she is shy and quiet she isn't worth being attracted too that is kind of shallow."
Yeah, some boys like shy girls. But Otanashi isn't like Angel in that regard. I don't remember him showing attraction to her being quiet and shy.

"he felt bad about he felt bad because his friends said she is evil and they have to kill her."
Yeah...that's called, "common sense" and, "basic morality". Martin Luther King Jr and Ghandhi probably begged plenty of people not to kill someone. I don't think they fell in love for the person they saved because of that. It's called "basic morality".

"and just wanted to be friends at first."
Yeah, that makes sense. Otanashi wanting to try to be friends.
What I don't get is WHEN, he fell for her.

-How long did Otanashi and Angel know each other?
-What part of Angel is Otanashi sexually attracted to?
-What part of Angel's personality does Otanashi like?
-How much do they have in common?
-How much did they argue?
-What does Angel have that a girl like Yuri lacks? If anything, Otanashi should fall for Yuri, the hot-blooded, badass girl in sexy leather stockings.
Sep 15, 2017 8:49 PM
Jul 2016
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
dinosowermethod said:
Um right when he asked her name almost every episode after that until he got the sss to work with her he was talking to her. And also your saying because she is shy and quiet she isn't worth being attracted too that is kind of shallow. Also she interacted with the group that way because they try and kill her every time they see her. Even though they started the whole thing and she had to evolve to defend herself. Also it's Otonashi. And it isn't that backstory he felt bad about he felt bad because his friends said she is evil and they have to kill her. How would you feel if your friends told you" Hey see that quiet girl over there she wants to keep us and we have to kill her" then before you end her for good, you talk to her and find out she is confused by the fact they think she is evil and just wanted to be friends at first. I'm just saying that fucked up Yuri made up everything that the story was based on. Also if they are forced than so are Yui and Sakura and from Clannad nagisa and tomoya

Wow...now that's some real "chemistry". There's nothing like a great way to "bond" with someone then asking what their name is...ya know...the same thing you're supposed to ask every new person you meet. Yeah.

"And also your saying because she is shy and quiet she isn't worth being attracted too that is kind of shallow."
Yeah, some boys like shy girls. But Otanashi isn't like Angel in that regard. I don't remember him showing attraction to her being quiet and shy.

"he felt bad about he felt bad because his friends said she is evil and they have to kill her."
Yeah...that's called, "common sense" and, "basic morality". Martin Luther King Jr and Ghandhi probably begged plenty of people not to kill someone. I don't think they fell in love for the person they saved because of that. It's called "basic morality".

-What does Angel have that a girl like Yuri lacks? If anything, Otanashi should fall for Yuri, the hot-blooded, badass girl in sexy leather stockings.
why would you argue with a girl you love? Why do you need to be sexually attracted to love someone? That's shallow -.- and they had the situation in common. They are friends and the story from the first episode had to be a year or two so he knew her about six months but in high school relationships start like that. And he didn't ask her name every episode he asked once lol.
Sep 15, 2017 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
dinosowermethod said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

why would you argue with a girl you love? Why do you need to be sexually attracted to love someone? That's shallow -.- and they had the situation in common. They are friends and the story from the first episode had to be a year or two so he knew her about six months but in high school relationships start like that. And he didn't ask her name every episode he asked once lol.

"Why would you argue with a girl you love?"
Because arguing is how people grow closer. Why do siblings love each other so much, despite literally wanting to tear each other apart? Why do people love their parents, despite arguing with them a lot?
Arguing is what allows you to peel a different side to someone else. Arguing teaches both of you to accept the sides of each other you don't like.

"Why do you need to be sexually attracted to love someone?"
Because that's partially what romance is. 1/2 of romance, is finding your partner, sexually attractive. Yeah, there are plenty of people who marry someone unattractive, but for that to happen, they need to have the, "emotional bond" in the relationship to be extremely strong. To have that, they'd need to know each other for a long time, and be really compatible personality wise.

"They are friends"
So? I have plenty of female friends. In fact, female friends that I've know for years. Other guys have plenty of female friends. I don't have any romantic interest in them, partially due to the fact that our personalities are incompatible. Just because we're friends, doesn't mean we want to become a couple.

"they had the situation in common."
Having one situation in common, isn't enough to actually fall in LOVE, with someone, especially when literally everyone else around you has the same situation.
The entire cast of Angel's Beats are teenagers who had shitty lives, and now have to suffer the curse of going to highschool after they die. Angel is just one of those people. That doesn't make her "unique" in any way, from Otanashi's perspective.

"so he knew her about six months"
And what did they do in those 6 months?

-Hang out?
-Talk about stuff they have in common (games, music, books)?
-Work together a lot, closely?
-Joke?
-Anything that teenagers actually do?

You still haven't answered my other questions:

Sep 15, 2017 9:21 PM
Jul 2016
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
dinosowermethod said:

Because arguing is how people grow closer. Why do siblings love each other so much, despite literally wanting to tear each other apart? Why do people love their parents, despite arguing with them a lot?
Arguing is what allows you to peel a different side to someone else. Arguing teaches both of you to accept the sides of each other you don't like.

Because that's partially what romance is. 1/2 of romance, is finding your partner, sexually attractive. Yeah, there are plenty of people who marry someone unattractive, but for that to happen, they need to have the, "emotional bond" in the relationship to be extremely strong. To have that, they'd need to know each other for a long time, and be really compatible personality wise.

"They are friends"
So? I have plenty of female friends. In fact, female friends that I've know for years. Other guys have plenty of female friends. I don't have any romantic interest in them, partially due to the fact that our personalities are incompatible. Just because we're friends, doesn't mean we want to become a couple.

Having one situation in common, isn't enough to actually fall in LOVE, with someone, especially when literally everyone else around you has the same situation.
The entire cast of Angel's Beats are teenagers who had shitty lives, and now have to suffer the curse of going to highschool after they die. Angel is just one of those people. That doesn't make her "unique" in any way, from Otanashi's perspective.

-Hang out?
-Joke?

Thats the whole point of what I first said they cut out alot he was in that realm for at least 2 years between a few episodes we're huge timeskips dude. They don't really show you anything but the feelings are there if she was just some girl he knew why was he so distraught when she was being held hostage by the hacker. Yuri is hot yeah but she is dopey and she forced all the new people to help kill the girl she didn't like. They pointed out that she distrusted her for eating mobu tofu.
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
dinosowermethod said:

"They are friends"

-Hang out?
-Joke?

Sep 15, 2017 9:35 PM
Jul 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
Say I love you. I don't know, it had very weird vibes and everything felt forced. They just don't felt like they are dating. Every date felt like a business appointment lol. Maybe I'm unfair with my score, but ... mah. ^^"

Chobits. From what I can remember, it was way too long. That "chiii" was cute in the beginning, but not for so long, even if it got better, and the whole relationship got exhausting. Also the guy was bland.

All the relationships in Shinsekai Yori, which is it's biggest flaw for me imo. Except for Saki and Maria.
I even can't feel a deep friendship most times / before the second time skip. They feel more like good schoolmates than actual close friends to me. No need to say that the relationships felt even more forced imo. Especially because Saki says that she loves and loved them (Shun, Maria, Satoru) in their own way at some point in her life... except for Saki and Maria lol.

Of course the romance in SAO for me. Same. I didn't feel any chemistry.

I have seen parts of Gravitation again and now I feel the cringes towards their relationship. ^^"
KaiserNazrin said:
Like a character that love another character but for a very dumb reason.
gotta give it to Rezero like got damn
Sep 15, 2017 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
dinosowermethod said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

"They are friends"

-Hang out?
-Joke?

Thats the whole point of what I first said they cut out alot he was in that realm for at least 2 years between a few episodes we're huge timeskips dude. They don't really show you anything but the feelings are there if she was just some girl he knew why was he so distraught when she was being held hostage by the hacker. Yuri is hot yeah but she is dopey and she forced all the new people to help kill the girl she didn't like. They pointed out that she distrusted her for eating mobu tofu.
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

"They are friends"

-Hang out?
-Joke?

2 year timeskip.
What did they do during that timeskip?
When was it implied, prior the confession scene, that Otanashi was in love with Angel?
Worrying about the life of a fellow human being is perfectly natural.
Sep 15, 2017 9:41 PM

Mar 2013
I have to put in another card in the hat for Angel's Beat Otanashi and Angel. The whole heart transplant thing is romantic and all, but what does it really mean, when the character interactions are rare, and the development simply does not exist as a result?

It felt like an attempt on the red thread of fate trope, where people are destined to fall in love, with many a coincidence happening as if the heavens themselves wish it so, but..

The post-mortem heart transplant means nothing, and should not by itself.
Sep 15, 2017 9:47 PM
Feb 2016
Considering all the SAO comments I doubt half these hater circlejerk people even know what the word "rushed" even means.

They've known each other for two years. They conversed whenever they got the chance, over about 6-7 episodes, and even connected emotionally. Two and a half hours of buildup on-screen may be short when compared to other romance anime, but it's still better than most that use the "love at first site" cliche or take FOREVER for any romance to start. Especially considering when they eventually return IRL they decide to take things slower.
Sep 15, 2017 9:52 PM

Mar 2013
animeiscool561 said:
Considering all the SAO comments I doubt half these hater circlejerk people even know what the word "rushed" even means.

They've known each other for two years. They conversed whenever they got the chance, over about 6-7 episodes, and even connected emotionally. Two and a half hours of buildup on-screen may be short when compared to other romance anime, but it's still better than most that use the "love at first site" cliche or take FOREVER for any romance to start. Especially considering when they eventually return IRL they decide to take things slower.

The on screen development is most likely what they are referring to. Fast fowarding through what should be exciting, action packed stories and arcs, alongside the development that entails, is wasted potential to me.

Even then, it seems they tried to seal the deal in so few moments that seem like it should have happened over those years, such as the declaration of love after Kuradeel is killed, and perhaps others, but my memory is not so great.

I would say that is what the first arc of SAO is to me. Wasted potential, because the author or anime did not want to bother covering extremely important ground that most would have loved to see in the first place.
Sep 15, 2017 10:34 PM
Jul 2016
PeripheralVision said:
animeiscool561 said:

The on screen development is most likely what they are referring to. Fast fowarding through what should be exciting, action packed stories and arcs, alongside the development that entails, is wasted potential to me.

Even then, it seems they tried to seal the deal in so few moments that seem like it should have happened over those years, such as the declaration of love after Kuradeel is killed, and perhaps others, but my memory is not so great.

I would say that is what the first arc of SAO is to me. Wasted potential, because the author or anime did not want to bother covering extremely important ground that most would have loved to see in the first place.
Yeah I think it was love at first sight but I understand thinking it's forced. But I also think with the skips they leave it up to interpretation like with Yui in SAO they spent alot of time with her before they started moving forward in the tower but they cut it out so I found myself imagining fun stuff they could do with her to make her forget being lonely. Because they thought she was a lost child. Also in this world we live in were almost everything needs a guide or people get completely lost especially in games and TV shows people have to be shown the exact way to go due to lack of imagination.
Sep 15, 2017 10:39 PM
Feb 2016
In most cases I definitely can agree about wasted potential but that romance aspect specifically felt like it logically went across the episodes and made sense why these two liked each other through the types of emotional hangups a setting like that offers. At the same time not being direct marriage because IRL they tried to take things slower. Kado and Charlotte had it worse.

I do think SAO Progressive is better at developing their relationship tho since it continues immediately after episode 2's ending and they spend more time together in addition to the plot, action, mechanic introduction and worldbuilding going from floor to floor of Aincrad. In other words having romance but also using the potential
Sep 15, 2017 10:48 PM

Mar 2013
animeiscool561 said:
In most cases I definitely can agree about wasted potential but that romance aspect specifically felt like it logically went across the episodes and made sense why these two liked each other through the types of emotional hangups a setting like that offers. At the same time not being direct marriage because IRL they tried to take things slower. Kado and Charlotte had it worse.

I do think SAO Progressive is better at developing their relationship tho since it continues immediately after episode 2's ending and they spend more time together in addition to the plot, action, mechanic introduction and worldbuilding going from floor to floor of Aincrad. In other words having romance but also using the potential

As a whole SAO's first arc was rushed, and I think Progressive is a great idea. That being said, I never felt anything, and the romantic aspect felt saccharine when they adopted Yui and "started" a family, which felt like overly unrealistic wish fulfillment. Young teenage parents who are two best players in the world, a perfect, never aging daughter?

To me, there was nothing to rush or force, as their relationship felt hollow at that point. I...should have known how SAO would have turned out earlier, I thought the Sachi episode was excellent, but now I realized that, it was all in one episode covering a traumatic moment. Especially when one witnesses a suicide in front of them.

That would fuck anyone up in Kirito's position.

On topic: As for more forced...

I guess Masamune and Aki from Masamune's Revenge?

Yeah no, the most forced pairing is Sakura x Sasuke, and it makes sense, sequel wise, to have yet another Uchiha.

Good grief.

Sep 15, 2017 11:35 PM
Jul 2016
-Ayu said:
- Sword Art Online is another example. Not for the relationship between Asuna and Kirito. Mostly the other girls who are in love with him with no reason.

This I can actually kind of agree with. Lizbeth's midair confession to Kirito was one of the two cringey moments for me in the Aincrad arc, the other being Asuna proclaiming she couldn't be happy without Yui even though she'd only known her for about 24 hours.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Sep 16, 2017 3:36 AM

Jun 2015
Cactii said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
fsn was pretty bad too....
After reading your reply, re:zero suddenly becomes not force anymore. surprise. wow. what a magic.
well the pic says it all though.............
Sep 16, 2017 5:59 AM
Feb 2016
PeripheralVision said:
animeiscool561 said:

As a whole SAO's first arc was rushed, and I think Progressive is a great idea. That being said, I never felt anything, and the romantic aspect felt saccharine when they adopted Yui and "started" a family, which felt like overly unrealistic wish fulfillment. Young teenage parents who are two best players in the world, a perfect, never aging daughter?

To me, there was nothing to rush or force, as their relationship felt hollow at that point. I...should have known how SAO would have turned out earlier, I thought the Sachi episode was excellent, but now I realized that, it was all in one episode covering a traumatic moment. Especially when one witnesses a suicide in front of them.

Yeah no, the most forced pairing is Sakura x Sasuke, and it makes sense, sequel wise, to have yet another Uchiha.

Good grief.

Wish Fullfillment is kind of a petty excuse. That's the entire point of fiction, could be applied when anything good happens to anyone in anything! Also keep in mind that them taking a leave of abscence was right after someone from Asuna's Guild nearly KILLED both of them. And there were other moments like against the Gleam Eyes boss that Kirito was THIS close to killing himself trying. In many ways I liked all those little moments when they collaborated, where Asuna appreciated Kirito's outlook on life, when Kirito opened up about the whole Sachi thing and even when that's basically implied to be haunting him when he's scared for Asuna dying in the same way. Plus the piggyback around the lake scene was adorable. Also, the Yui thing is a major misconception, they weren't trying to raise a family at first, they thought Yui was a lost child who had parents, hence they went to the orphanage later. Also remember that Yui had amnesia. Probably not the best idea to tell a child that's not entirely herself that she's completely alone in a death game.

See SAO Progressive here: https://myanimelist.net/manga/43921/Sword_Art_Online__Progressive
4 of these are out right now, prefer them to the original for the added depth to the design, no timeskips and relationship building.

Dropped Masamune-kun and haven't seen Naruto. Heard bad thing about both romances.
Sep 16, 2017 7:08 AM

Mar 2013
animeiscool561 said:
PeripheralVision said:

Good grief.

Wish Fullfillment is kind of a petty excuse. That's the entire point of fiction, could be applied when anything good happens to anyone in anything! Also keep in mind that them taking a leave of abscence was right after someone from Asuna's Guild nearly KILLED both of them. And there were other moments like against the Gleam Eyes boss that Kirito was THIS close to killing himself trying. In many ways I liked all those little moments when they collaborated, where Asuna appreciated Kirito's outlook on life, when Kirito opened up about the whole Sachi thing and even when that's basically implied to be haunting him when he's scared for Asuna dying in the same way. Plus the piggyback around the lake scene was adorable. Also, the Yui thing is a major misconception, they weren't trying to raise a family at first, they thought Yui was a lost child who had parents, hence they went to the orphanage later. Also remember that Yui had amnesia. Probably not the best idea to tell a child that's not entirely herself that she's completely alone in a death game.

See SAO Progressive here: https://myanimelist.net/manga/43921/Sword_Art_Online__Progressive
4 of these are out right now, prefer them to the original for the added depth to the design, no timeskips and relationship building.

Dropped Masamune-kun and haven't seen Naruto. Heard bad thing about both romances.

It depends on the medium, Video Games often run better with this, but it seems incredibly corny and unrealistic to watch the notion of someone else's fantasy. And no, wish fulfillment is not necessarily the main purpose of entertainment or fiction in general, which is more escapism. Wish fullfillment is taken to direct the story in ways that feel more like the bad plot of a nukige than an honest story in itself.

I am arguing not against the introduction of fictional elements, but debasing those that eschew the appearance of real, well written difficultly for ridiculous fanservice that writing can be.

Also, the plot moved quite quickly in that episode when they originally found Yui with little shift, and they "adopted" here after that, which they pledge they will bring her in the real world one day, which is....suffice for a lack of better words, incredibly cringe producing. Oh, we are already on the family side of things, yet we are just at the age of 16 and such, and have to catch up on years of missed schooling.

A teenage couple with the notion of wanting to raise a child at that age with such dreamy eyed idealism and have it work without any noted difficulty? Forgive me, but that sounds incredibly saccharine, and an unhealthy expectation that should give rise to difficult issues much more often. Even then, it is written that way because the authors wants to portray the ideal family that readers want.

Keep in mind the writers of stories are God, and can bend any rule of physics and human relations (and humans in general) to write any fantasy or story they desire. They can make something that is not ideal in real life ideal in fiction, which is where wish fulfillment is said to arise for and from.

They are not the most forced couple, but I find how ideal they are to be rather shallow with what we are given, and that vow to raise Yui in real life so they can have a family seems rooted in teenage idealism of romantics than what a relationship usually is.

Perhaps ultimately, depending on the show, I mostly love my drama to be populated by those who are in some ways, human in rationale and thinking.

In any case, Sachi's episode should have incredible mental repercussions past episode 12 with Kayaba. I do not know about you, but the more I think about one feeling responsible for an entire guild's death, than having the leader commit suicide in front of one over said deaths, Kirito should have been much more fucked up. I am talking years on years. This is not something I expect any normal, compassionate human to get over with in a few months, or years with extensive therapy.

Witnessing suicide is completely horrible, especially given the context, which would have exacerbated Kirito's trauma immensely.

Although yeah, the below mentioned are my picks by a mile. I....honestly was not expecting that pairing in Naruto.
Sep 16, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2017
Choji x Karui: How? A lot of people said Sasuke x Sakura is most forced pairing in Naruto. But seriously, How is Choji x Karui even a thing? When have they even interact with each other?
Sep 16, 2017 8:28 AM

Mar 2013
YuriCarrier said:
Choji x Karui: How? A lot of people said Sasuke x Sakura is most forced pairing in Naruto. But seriously, How is Choji x Karui even a thing? When have they even interact with each other?

Indeed, but in another way, the lack of interaction contributes to a lack of "force", since there was nothing to force in the first place.

Sasuke and Sakura had a history that should, by all intents and purposes, put Sasuke off from marrying anyone in Konohagakure, especially Sakura. Sasuke never shown interest in Sakura romantically or her well being, and god damn it, tried to murder her at several points.

That sounds like a relationship breaker. I do not care if you (Sasuke) come to save the world in the end, you (Sasuke) still did so much crap.
Sep 16, 2017 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
TheMiraculousCat said:
Zen and Shirayuki from Snow White with the Red Hair was pretty corny. They just kind of met... and they were ready to sacrifice their own lives to be together ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exactly, like eh? I don't get the point of their romance. A very static one.
I favor Shirayuki and Obi moments instead.
Sep 16, 2017 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
For me, it would be Tsumugu and Chisaki from Nagi no Asukara. Oh how I hate Tsumugu, a mere human forcing Chisaki to admit that she likes him. Still hate that guy even thought it's been years haha.
“You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don’t try, you definitely can’t”
Sep 16, 2017 11:28 AM

Nov 2015
youthful said:

I favor Shirayuki and Obi moments instead.

Yea, I thought that they were a better couple as well
Sep 16, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Srlsly. OUT OF FKN NOWHERE they came together and god a brat.
Sep 16, 2017 6:41 PM

Mar 2016
SAO is pretty up there with the edgelord kirito
Sep 17, 2017 8:43 AM

Jun 2011
Red_Keys said:
Rotton-Girl said:
Most forced romance? Orange. Also a pretty disappointing anime.
Oh my god yes. Hey I have a great idea! Let me write a story about depression and suicide and time travel.... and then make all of the drama about fucking pointless shit like a baton race and holding hands! That'll be good!

You know what would have been great? if she still ended up with the original guy and it was a great heartwarming anime about friendship and showing you care.... but whatever... can't have that.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Sep 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Jul 2016
It must be Nisekoi,without a doubt.

Life is empty without anime

Sep 17, 2017 8:49 AM

Mar 2012
YuriCarrier said:
When they are put under the same division in the war and that's how they interact. There is like grand total one or two line spoken. Still I ain't complaining since Cho Cho is the result.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 24, 2017 4:05 AM

Jan 2015
First what comes to mind - Akame ga kill. Tatsumi x Mine

Btw putting Kirito and Asuna as profile pic for such theme - sacrilege!
Sep 24, 2017 4:18 AM

Jan 2015
Zefyris said:

Cecillia Alcott from IS : Infinite Stratos.
BEAT THAT.
You can't, right. Except going with hentai examples maybe.
Ahhaa dude. Props to you. While everyone is discussing some serious shit with highbrow faces lollolol
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

49 by LostSpectre »»
42 seconds ago

» Anime show good at portraying female drama/toxicity?

passtur - Yesterday

35 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

175 by alshu »»
12 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 5 hours ago

40 by Spunkert »»
15 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7153 by g6qwerty »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.