Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Sep 11, 12:43 PM

Is there a trope or cliche in an anime that annoys you to the point you'll drop the anime immediately when you see it?
I'm not easily annoyed like that, so I tend to stick to whatever I watch.

Sep 11, 12:45 PM

Here comes the "too much fanservice" crowd

Do we really have to keep baiting them?

Sep 11, 12:46 PM

@EcchiKingMamster, it's an honest question.
I'm honestly not trying to bait anyone here.

Sep 11, 12:46 PM

- Gay stuff.
- Edge.
- Edge.
- Edge.
- Re: Zero
- Male MC disguised as girl.

"You either like Re: Zero and Classroom of the Elite, or you have better taste."

Sep 11, 12:48 PM

I dropped Re:Zero within 5 minutes, but that's mainly because I already knew where it was going and wasn't interested.

Outside of that I rarely drop shows.

Sep 11, 12:49 PM

Uh, just loli fanservice, the ones involving young characters. I don't want that stuff near me.

Yet I give a chance to every show, I will never immediately drop a series (unless it has what I just said, whoa contradicting myself there lol), I will progress through it and if it does nothing to impress me, farewell~
Modified by Aidoru-Ojisan, Sep 11, 12:57 PM

Sep 11, 12:50 PM

Just a shit story really. I can push through fanservice, annoying characters and a slow story, but no story or a shit one is just terrible.
I live to make the impossible, possible. - Lightning, FF13

Sep 11, 12:51 PM

If it bores the shit out of me. I couldn't get past the first episode of Gamers cause the whole thing was just "they're teenagers......and they're playing video games.....wooooooooo"

Specific Tropes? I hate half-assed forth wall breaking and yanderes but idk if I'd drop a show for that.

Sep 11, 12:52 PM

I don't drop shows. I force myself to complete them and am still proud I have 0 dropped shows.

But yeah, usually most anime aren't that bad.

Sep 11, 12:52 PM

3DCG,characters like Yagami Light, gays, shitty direction, series which are pretending to be 'smart', 'deep' and 'dark'.

Sep 11, 12:53 PM

Sexual elements I dislike. Explicit sexualized nudity, yaoi/yuri, (actual) incest, sexualized children, etc. could all potentially cause an instant drop.

Other than that, I guess shorts that are clearly aiming to disgust and disturb could potentially get an instant drop, though I don't think I've ever seen a TV series that I would put in that category.

That's all that comes to mind off the top of my head.

Sep 11, 12:55 PM

>Tsundere route
>abusive/forced relationships

Sep 11, 1:08 PM

the shitty cicada buzzing sound when the MC is outside. like we get it yo, he's outside.
but then again i dont drop lol
on the seventh day Shiva created hashish

Sep 11, 1:24 PM

- Favorite character death
Example: Inuyasha, TG:RE

- NOTP become canon
Example: Inuyasha, TG:RE

- Character hating, I couldn't bear to look at her/him without wanting to vomit/punch the screen
Example: Naruto
Currently obsessed with: Bakugou Katsuki | Favorite Characters
Current weakness: Childhood Katsudeku
Favorite anime: Gintama | One Piece | Shingeki no Kyojin
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Kuro x Kenma | Sanada x Yukimura | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | See more!

FAVORITE KATSUDEKU/TODOBAKU/KIRIBAKU DOUJINSHI

Sep 11, 1:28 PM

I've only started dropping anime in the last 2-3 months so I can't really say I have anything like that yet. I don't think there's anything that can make me drop it in a snap moment, but if I see something becoming just plain dull without any clear way to fix itself anytime soon or if something seems to be heading down a path I can't see myself enjoying then I'll call it quits

Sep 11, 1:29 PM

Too much comedy. Like the first 20 episodes of Katekyo Hitman Reborn. It just totally kills the mood. Haven't dropped it yet, it turned out to be a great anime.

Sep 11, 1:32 PM

Nothing can make me drop an anime, I will stick with it till the end.

Sep 11, 1:32 PM
Not always, but a whimpy MC has caused that effect, the two cases I can remember were Kekkai Sensen and Durara!

Also incest, but I haven't encountered it very often.

Sep 11, 1:37 PM

Traps and character's overreactions to simple/normal stuff (much like in soap operas)

Sep 11, 1:37 PM

pgmhecateii said:
I don't drop shows. I force myself to complete them and am still proud I have 0 dropped shows.

Even when i was you're age i didn't have that kind of time. Why do you force you're self to complete shows?

Sep 11, 1:38 PM
Believe

Troupes and cliches no. But usually if I read the manga before hand I do.

Sep 11, 1:39 PM

Ulquiorra said:

Why do you do this?

do you just have low standards

Sep 11, 1:39 PM

@AyameTomoko

- Poorly justified and easily solvable drama just for the sake of the plot.

- Anime that has gaps in time every single episode making the story feel clunky.
One at a time!

Sep 11, 1:42 PM

Tapertrain said:
Ulquiorra said:

Why do you do this?

do you just have low standards

What does that have anything to do with dropping an anime?
If I had low standards I wouldn't drop anime or the other way around?
I just feel proud with myself when I finish an anime.

Sep 11, 1:42 PM

If it's boring as hell like Fate Apocrypha.

If the show is short on ideas.

If nothing happens in the show.

If the show has bad characters.

Sep 11, 1:54 PM

@Tapertrain I don't want to later regret not watching the anime. I typically don't watch anything that bad though. It feels nice when you finish an anime since you have one less to watch now (though for every anime I watch I add like 5 more on).

That kind of time? I don't have any friends, any clubs I'm in, I sneak some time in at school, don't feel the need to study, get all homework finished pretty early, stay up late at night, and I have a lot of free time. So it is quite possible.

Anime is my main hobby and talent. If you take anime away I will pretty much be depressed.

Sep 11, 1:59 PM

Incest, pedo characters, monkeys, extremely irritating characters, dancing vegetables, love triangles or just plain boring.

Sep 11, 1:59 PM

Nothing really, I may drop love triangles and other overly complicated romances if they do not interest me aside from that aspect, but even then this is not an insta drop. I drop most things out of boredom or simple lack of interest more than anything else.
Modified by Darek, Sep 11, 2:03 PM
le_halfhand_easy said:
Xtronic said:
Honestly .. i've seen too much ecchi lovers on this site.
Really? A lot? Apparently @EcchiKingMamster is so fat he skews statistics.

Sep 11, 2:01 PM

When I don't know what the hell is going on or if the anime is just incredibly slow-paced

Sep 11, 2:01 PM

EcchiKingMamster said:
Here comes the "too much fanservice" crowd

Do we really have to keep baiting them?

What can make you immediately drop a show? Well, that's a really easy question to answer. Obviously too much fanservice.
>mfw I'm on AD for more than 10 seconds

Sep 11, 2:40 PM

"Just because I know the ship will be MC x Tsundere not only I will drop it, I will also rate it 1/10"

Sep 11, 3:28 PM

If I don't feel it, or that it becomes a bore to keep watching it.

Can't say much more with only two dropped shows.

Sep 11, 3:34 PM

This happened to me with occult nine. I was actually kind of interested in what this show could offer before it started airing but when the waitress came in on the first episode and her tits were the size of 2 humans put together. That immediately made me drop the show.

I'm not a stranger to fan service or sexual content and honestly it doesn't really bother me that much, but the one thing I really just can't stand are extremely oversize tits, you know the ones that cover half their body size, where they drag down to their belly buttons type of stuff.... yeahhhh just extreme turn off for me, in terms of wanting to continue a show, even if there is something worth watching there.

Sep 11, 4:00 PM

Let's see

- Boring Characters
- Uninteresting Story
- Awkward Art Style.
- Generic Tropes

Sep 11, 4:05 PM

Anti-feminism, yaoi, and "realistic" art style are things that usually make me drop immediately an anime.

Sep 11, 4:09 PM

If the focus of a show is on a romantic relationship which features incest, I usually won't even start the show.
If it's actually dropping, I'll mostly only drop if I can't find all the episodes.
Gettin' Swiggy wit it. NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
No

Sep 11, 4:12 PM

Unrealistic Emotional Responses (Yukiteru in Mirai Nikki), I tortured myself through it and ended up hating just how unbelievable his emotions were towards the situations.
Abusive Perverted Males (Kenzen Robo Daimidaler), When it no longer becomes comedic perv and moves towards physical assault.

Sep 11, 4:15 PM

I have zero tolerance when it comes to animes filled with bad CGI. I know this may sound very superficial, but if the movements are not fluent in the usage of CGI then everything just come off as rather jarring and it does not make much coherence visual sense whille watching, to me at least it doesn't.
Modified by SeidouTZ, Sep 11, 4:28 PM

Sep 11, 4:31 PM

Bad characters,

I dropped Baccano almost instantly after seeing the MC. It was one of the most horrible experiences in my life. Didn't even bother to add it to the list. Probably a waste, many people say it's worth it.

Also "science" in anime is pretty annoying especially when the author probably didn't make it past mid school.
Modified by kawaii96desu, Sep 11, 4:36 PM

Sep 11, 4:34 PM

pgmhecateii said:

Shit man how you do that? what's the worst show you've ever watched? you must have already seen everything here ehh...

Sep 11, 5:05 PM

Picking too much Refrence outside the anime
Exaggerated Comic Relieve
Generic character and animation.
Ridicolous fanservice that doesnt make any sense
Cliche
NTR..?

and More.

I have alot of dropped shows but that doesnt mean the show itself is bad, its just i am not intersted to pick it up or planning to watch it.

Sep 11, 5:06 PM

Some Lolis. Sexualized lolis and a cast full of almost loli girls with too high pitched voices. And everything like that.
And sometimes a guy surrounded by girls without other male characters on his side, when that thing isn't even a harem.

Very abusive and just disgusting relationships, which are portrayed as completely fine... or not that bad at least.
Something like these Yaois with a boy, who looks like (or is... especially mentally lol) 12 with an older guy. Same for that Yuri cover I have seen. That girl looked like a kid, who was touched by an older woman.
All that things. Stay away from me with such atrocities. X.x

Other things:
Art style and character designs I don't like. Something like Danganronpa. I'm sorry, I can't look at that...

Too many extreme reactions like Kakegurui. I'm sorry, that's just not an anime for me. ^^"

anonypc said:
This happened to me with occult nine. I was actually kind of interested in what this show could offer before it started airing but when the waitress came in on the first episode and her tits were the size of 2 humans put together. That immediately made me drop the show.

I'm not a stranger to fan service or sexual content and honestly it doesn't really bother me that much, but the one thing I really just can't stand are extremely oversize tits, you know the ones that cover half their body size, where they drag down to their belly buttons type of stuff.... yeahhhh just extreme turn off for me, in terms of wanting to continue a show, even if there is something worth watching there.

I feel you. Same here. xD
Modified by Maneki-Mew, Sep 11, 5:16 PM

Sep 11, 5:11 PM

-CGI
-dumbass/annoying characters
-gay
-awkward animations/music

Sep 11, 5:14 PM

Immediately? Idk, the closest thing I have to an immediate drop that I feel satisfied with is PASWG, which was just 13 minutes of annoyance and a quick recognition of "these things that are annoying me are what this show is and it won't stop annoying me."

There's stuff I dropped early on but I never feel satisfied with it because I can't escape the feeling I never gave it a fair chance, which irks me >_>

Sep 11, 5:34 PM

If its boring, nothing is clear and it feels like just random shit is happening.

Sep 11, 5:36 PM

Idk, I checked my drop list and none of them were dropped "immediately" because of something, I managed to get passed at least a single episode of them, they bored me to death, hence I dropped it.

Bad CGI or Art probably can make me drop a show immediately if I found it to be that appalling.

Sep 11, 5:41 PM

For regular anime, only boredom.

For Hentai only:
-If there's unconsensual sex like rape, blackmail, etc. that's usually and insta-drop unless I am interested in the plot or what happens to the characters.
-If there's some creepy fetish(es) I don't like, I'm not going to watch it either.
Modified by Kruszer, Sep 11, 5:45 PM
"If we just take a step back, a bigger picture we might view.
Perhaps the man in the gutter is not so different from you"
-Disparity by Design -Rise Against

Sep 11, 5:49 PM
A show disguised as something it isn't in an attempt to lure in more viewers.

Having a promising set up but it's going nowhere; loads of boring, content-less filler episodes to milk a popular franchise.

Characters doing the same stuff again and again, without there being any kind of progress or distraction.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 11, 5:58 PM
Jack_100HP said:
the shitty cicada buzzing sound when the MC is outside. like we get it yo, he's outside.
but then again i dont drop lol

Holy s*** someone else understands this THANK YOU

Sep 11, 6:02 PM
if they don't have respect for themselves, I don't see why I should have it for the show

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »