Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'IDOLiSH7' Additional Cast Members Announced

New
Sep 10, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2007
The IDOLiSH7 Kanshasai Vol.2 fan event was held on Sunday where they announced additional cast members for studio TROYCA's upcoming anime adaptation. The cast members includes the heroine as well as the staff from both units' agency, whose roles will be reprised from the game. The anime is slated for Winter 2018.

Cast
Takanashi Agency
Otoharu Takanashi: Susumu Chiba (07-Ghost)
Banri Oogami: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Orange)
Tsumugi Takanashi: Satomi Sato (Seitokai Yakuindomo)

Yaotome Agency
Sousuke Yaotome: Kazuyuki Konishi (Beelzebub)
Koru Anesagi: Yoshihisa Kawahara (Bakuman.)

The first two episodes of the TV anime will be pre-screened at the event, which will be held on November 2, 2017. More information will be announced later. The beginning part of the first episode is currently available.

Beginning Part of the First ep. (not PV)

Source: Comic Natalie
Sakana-sanDec 1, 2019 9:01 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 10, 2017 8:54 AM
Dec 2015
Seems very faithful to the game storyline <3 the art looks stunning as well, the game already has good graphics, glad the anime will at least be on par. :) Hearing Monster Generation in this PV really drives the plot and emotion for me. Can't wait to see everyone moving!!!
Sep 10, 2017 8:56 AM
Sep 2017
Another sexist/garbage show
No thanks

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 10, 2017 9:01 AM
Mar 2010
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
No thanks

???
What? How? What is sexist about it?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 10, 2017 9:36 AM

Mar 2013
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
No thanks

The game's story is very good, this show not harem/romance. And Tsumugi is smart, adroit heroine, who is doing her job excellently as a manager. I love her and her personality.
Sep 10, 2017 9:49 AM

Feb 2010
I thought it was "IDOLSHiT". Thanks Nihon
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 10, 2017 10:03 AM
Sep 2017
phoenixalia said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
No thanks

???

The male like any other Yaoi, shoujo, reverse harem, Yaoi are only as 1 dimensional sex objects

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 10, 2017 12:47 PM
May 2007
They look so great omg I'm more than happy. I want to see TRIGGER now ♥
Sep 10, 2017 2:56 PM
Feb 2016
The game is really good with a solid story, well developed characters, and amazing music. If you don't think you want to watch FINE. But don't shit on something you don't understand.
Sep 10, 2017 3:02 PM

Jan 2017
Hello, this is a veteran IDOLiSH7 fan speaking. IDOLiSH7 is by no means a yaoi/reverse harem. It's mainly just an idol-shoujo. There's very little romance in this series, it's not a main aspect, it mainly dives into in-depth character which it does really well at! Tsumugi Takanashi (it's not kotonashi), the girl you see. Is actually quite dependable, she serves as their manager! All she wants is IDOLiSH7 to do really great and have a good career, she has Authority and isn't afraid to use it if necessary. She's just trying her best, please respect her.

Don't say it's garbage when you haven't even touched the series, this series is much more than you probably think. :/

Anyways, I'm really excited to see the anime! I have high hopes based on what I see in the PV! Oh and THE ART OMF IT LOOKS LIKE FUKAGAWA'S ART COMING TO LIFE I LOVE IT LKAJSDL;K
Sep 10, 2017 3:22 PM

Nov 2007
nikaidos said:
Takanashi (it's not kotonashi)
Oops. Fixed, thanks. I did check this for Romanization but I guess I still made mistake because I was sleepy, then.
tsubasaloverSep 10, 2017 11:01 PM
Sep 10, 2017 4:01 PM

Dec 2015
The boys look beautiful! I can't wait to see them and TRIGGER in the anime!
Sep 10, 2017 4:04 PM

Jan 2017
Seiya said:

Lol, you want me to respect women?

Not in this lifetime.

Lol you're a lost cause. Don't watch it then if you can't respect her lmfa o

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 10, 2017 4:05 PM

Jun 2014
nikaidos said:
Seiya said:

Lol, you want me to respect women?

Not in this lifetime.

Lol you're a lost cause. Don't watch it then if you can't respect her lmfa o

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair enough.

I'm currently enjoying "Dream Festival! R." That Anime is 100% boys, and it's awesome.

Sep 10, 2017 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
Looking forward to this because I see a dose of pretty boys here. Hopefully TROYCA can do this well because they have been consistent with stuff they had (except for Aldnoah, though production wise they have been consistent for the most part).
Sep 10, 2017 6:51 PM
Sep 2017
IS NOT OTOME. Do not criticize that they do not even know the game, when the anime comes out they will realize that everything they said is WRONG
Sep 10, 2017 8:18 PM
Mar 2015
Please don't judge the show before watching it. Don't hate on it it baselessly. There are fans/potential fans just trying to enjoy this and it honestly hurts to see all this hate. IDOLiSH7 is by no means your typical "bait" anime (tbh I hate calling any kind of anime "bait"), it has realistic characters who develop amazingly during the course of the story. It's industry drama story is quite mature compared to others in the genre and the rivals aren't insufferable assholes. If troyca does it right, IDOLiSH7 may just become the best of its genre.

btw, no, it's not an UtaPri knock-off, and the Tsumugi (the female protagonist) isn't an empty shell with no character. So please give it a chance :)
Sep 10, 2017 10:05 PM

Dec 2009
The full MV of Trigger's new song brought me to tears. Idolish has come so far, both in terms of their animation and fanbase, it's beautiful. To anyone who wants to hate on this show, thinking it's just garbage, please watch this masterpiece first.

Trigger is my favorite unit (along with Revale, the most gorgeous pair ever) and I can't stand anyone looking down on this franchise without even trying it out. Well... guys hating on games targeted towards women. What's new, really.

Don't talk about this series as if you know anything about it, when there have been so many fans waiting for it to come out ever since the game was released. If you don't like it, just don't say anything, don't rain on our parade.
Sep 10, 2017 10:44 PM
Mar 2010
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
phoenixalia said:

???

The male like any other Yaoi, shoujo, reverse harem, Yaoi are only as 1 dimensional sex objects

Guess you haven't properly watched those genre then. Even yaoi anime don't treat their characters as one dimensional sex objects from the trailers I've seen. There may be hentai BL OVA's like that, but regular shows don't.

Shoujo definitely doesn't do that, I can tell you as an avid shoujo reader. Reverse harem is not as ecchi as its male counterpart.

Besides, this hasn't even aired yet and the trailer showed none of what you said, so it's not right to judge it like that.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 11, 2017 2:06 AM

Aug 2015
I play the game!! It's only recently tho.. And I don't understand most of it... But I can roughly grasp the full story and it's beautiful <3
And if the anime properly follows the game story, then it's even better! In fact, idolish7 have some kind of charm that makes me attracted to it somehow... I have watched some of this kind of anime too, but this is the first time I'm very hyped!!!

The anime seems to have a pretty decent animations, so I'll look forward to it! ^^
Meira_EveSep 11, 2017 2:10 AM

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Sep 11, 2017 3:45 AM
Sep 2017
phoenixalia said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:

Guess you haven't properly watched those genre then. Even yaoi anime don't treat their characters as one dimensional sex objects from the trailers I've seen. There may be hentai BL OVA's like that, but regular shows don't.

Shoujo definitely doesn't do that, I can tell you as an avid shoujo reader. Reverse harem is not as ecchi as its male counterpart.

Besides, this hasn't even aired yet and the trailer showed none of what you said, so it's not right to judge it like that.

Why would I watch a genre that does nothing but objectify men

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 11, 2017 4:40 AM

Feb 2013
I'm so hyped, can't wait to see the whole episode and more Tamaki asdghasdh

phoenixalia said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:

Don't even bother with this guy, he is either a troll or an hypocrite, just look at his favorites lol he also posted something similar not so long ago in this news about a new otome anime, so...
Sep 11, 2017 5:56 AM
Mar 2010
AnimeotakuWeeb said:

OK, but you don't mind shows that objectify women. :) I see how it is. Our conversation ends here.

Ritshiro said:

Don't even bother with this guy, he is either a troll or an hypocrite, just look at his favorites lol he also posted something similar not so long ago in this news about a new otome anime, so...

Lol, his posts look eerily similar to a certain user's posts. Maybe it's my imagination. Maybe. Thank you hehe.
Sep 11, 2017 6:33 AM

Oct 2011
IDOLiSH7 means a lot to me so I'm very excited to see it getting such beautiful animation, I hope they do the story justice as well!!!

I hope in the future I don't have to sort through Tsumugi hate or hate of other characters. They're all lovely and I feel sad thinking about them being insulted.

TRIGGER isn't in the PV but I love them so much and they're wonderful rivals.

I look forward to the story I love so much coming to life! Even if I'm mot looking forward to the sad parts of the story that I know seeing them animated will make me tear up. I hope people give this show a chance. It's not otome and it's not reverse-harem. It's a story with heart!

Also Gaku is best! (Everyone I know is gonna find this now lol)
Sep 11, 2017 7:17 AM
Sep 2017
phoenixalia said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:

OK, but you don't mind shows that objectify women. :) I see how it is. Our conversation ends here.

[quote=Ritshiro message=52272626

Except that arnt any unless you can give me an example

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 11, 2017 8:47 AM

Jul 2016
not surprised to see guys assuming it's gonna be terrible because it's aimed at girls sighs. but i'm so excited for this to air!! even if you're skeptic or thing it's fujobait or anything like that, please still give it a chance, you won't regret it! it honestly has a really great story, and i'll say that some of the stuff /is/ fujobait, but even those characters are still really complex and well written, it's more just mild fanservice, certainly not as bad as you'd get in a regular harem anime...
i can't wait to see everyone animated for more than a song's length :'D it probably won't, but i hope the show gets to aya i wanna see her animated ;u;
Sep 11, 2017 11:34 AM
Dec 2016
Wait so this isn't a reverse harem, like utapari right? That show bored me.
Sep 11, 2017 2:49 PM
Dec 2014
theilikepie said:
Wait so this isn't a reverse harem, like utapari right? That show bored me.

no, it's not. iirc the game was originally marketed as otome, but they dropped that stance real quick. you won't be seeing individual episodes with each boy trying to win tsumugi over.
Sep 12, 2017 10:18 AM
Jan 2017
aa i just started this game and im currently reading translations!! im cheering for the anime adaptation for this game since ive heard many positive things about its in-game story. Im nothin new to these kinds of things; im currently into enstars which has a well written story and is an all-male idol game just like i7 so i hope its anime adaptation comes out swell too!!
Nov 2, 2017 8:05 AM

Nov 2007
17 eps. total, w. first broadcast day airing first two eps.
PV also out.

http://moca-news.net/article/20171102/2017110223100a_/01/

OP single releasing on February 14 and ED single releasing on February 28 of 2018.
http://idolish7.com/aninana/discography/

First two eps. will be pre-screened at noon on November 3, 2017.
http://idolish7.com/aninana/onair/
tsubasaloverNov 2, 2017 8:46 AM
Nov 2, 2017 8:46 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
We don't need another one of these. Too many boys.
Nov 2, 2017 2:19 PM
May 2007
17 and not the usual 12 episodes give me more yes. TRIGGER looking good ♥
Nov 2, 2017 3:26 PM
Dec 2014
Stripesu said:

don't knock it until you've tried it! there's quite a few layers to this story rather than just "pretty idol boys"
Nov 2, 2017 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
tsubasalover said:
17 eps. total, w. first broadcast day airing first two eps.
PV also out.

http://moca-news.net/article/20171102/2017110223100a_/01/

OP single releasing on February 14 and ED single releasing on February 28 of 2018.
http://idolish7.com/aninana/discography/

First two eps. will be pre-screened at noon on November 3, 2017.
http://idolish7.com/aninana/onair/

OMG LOOK AWESOME. The animation look so good, the voices fit every character special me. I can’t wait. But why 17? 24 is better xD
Nov 3, 2017 5:09 AM

Oct 2010
I'm glad they kept the numbers pun with 17 = i7 tbh, even on episode numbers. Oh, i7, never changed.
Nov 3, 2017 11:44 AM

Dec 2015
LOOOOOL so many people TRIGGERed (geddit?) by the presence of a(nother) male idol anime. I hope I don't ever end up working for any of the misogynistic commenters here.

Stripesu said:

Money talks loudest and male idol anime (and merch!) sell relatively well, so that's what we'll get. Find some way to fund your favorite genre then, I heard crowdfunding is in.
Nov 3, 2017 6:29 PM

Mar 2016
That PV lol, the way Eguchi is voicing the blonde guy was surprising especially at the end where they're like "We're Idolish7" and you just hear his "desu" in that fake american accent, makes me wonder if he also sings with that accent lol.
NanDemoNai_Nov 4, 2017 3:00 PM
Dec 7, 2017 2:21 AM

Nov 2007
First two eps. will be broadcast on TV on January 1, 2018 as a new year special broadcast with OP clip revealed for the first time. It will start broadcasting from ep.3 on January 7 22:30 (10:30 p.m.) every Sundays via Tokyo MX, followed by KBS Kyoto, Sun TV, TV Aichi, TV Hokkaido, TVQ Kyuushuu Housou, and BS11.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/260019

Spin-off anime (mentioned here) will stream as YouTube Original series. Teaser PV is also out. OP will be animated by Kamikaze Douga, which will be revealed at first two eps. new year special.
https://nijimen.net/topics/15074

OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOV0nYe3W0
tsubasaloverFeb 6, 2018 9:00 PM
Feb 6, 2018 8:43 PM

Nov 2007
Spin-off anime series titled Vibrato will start streaming release one ep. on February 17, 2018.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/268552

Officially starts on January 17, 2019, new key visual
Before the Radiant Glory Ep 1 - February 17, 2018, Ep 2 - January 17, 2019
Makikomareta Otoko Ep 3 - January 17, 2019, Ep 4 -January 27, 2019
PARTY TIME TOGETHER Ep 5 - February 7, 2019, Ep 6 - February 17, 2019
NATSU☆Shiyou ze! Ep 7 - February 27, 2019, Ep 8 - March 7, 2019
https://moca-news.net/article/20181217/2018121719000a_/01/
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwinjOSVAAAWJ8a.jpg
tsubasaloverJan 10, 2019 2:19 AM
Feb 7, 2018 1:49 PM
May 2007
I know my heart won't last omg how to survive? Re:vale spinoff also please.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

64 by zedtronic »»
10 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 7 hours ago

2 by _MushiRock11_ »»
30 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.