Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 10, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, another mission involving the spies and confidential documents.

Episode was okay. It had some balanced dialogue with some intruging moments imo especially in the second half. Dorothy's role this episode shows that she can occasionally struggle in missions. She also encounters a character she's met in her past before. I like Ange and her classmate's character chemistry though. Glad to see they showed some of the training at their farm in the past.

Sometimes, can't save everyone.
Stark700Sep 10, 2017 8:43 AM
Sep 10, 2017 8:05 AM

Sep 2015
oh boi I thought it was going to be more censored, almost spit my milk

Those two last episodes look promising!
Sep 10, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2015
It's nice to see how a spy school was like. It was simply known as "the Farm." Got to meet a girl that knows the characters. They went to the same school together. She was being spied on to see if she's a double agent. I though it was Ange she looked up to, but it was actually Dorothy. She killed herself right in front of her so Dorothy would get a free pass from killing her friend. I can't imagine how it be like to go through that. The next mission is going to be very interesting. I'm curious how Ange is going to deal with it.
Sep 10, 2017 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
Interesting episode but with a really tragic end.

Shame the only other person from the spy school had to go out the way she did, I liked how the Prefect actually admired Dorothy rather that Ange which they led us to believe. I'm guessing Ange did know that and that's why she let her go.

New mission and the guy normally in charge was transferred out? Suspicious and I wonder how this mission to assassinate the Princess is gonna actually turn out.

Sep 10, 2017 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
It was interesting to see how their spy school work. The spy world is a dangerous and tragic one. Its tragic that Prefect had to kill herself.

I wonder why the girls were given a mission to assassinate the Princess. There's probably more to it.

Sep 10, 2017 8:21 AM

Apr 2016
Another filler backstory, and sorry i don't want to be a dick but what am i supposed to feel for the character that was on screen like 10+ min or so. And that assassination mission is another thing, but good that the fake Princess and original Princess looks alike so "magic" will happen. Last two episodes will be so so.

Before you start rant me, look at the score i give to this show.
Sep 10, 2017 8:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
So this is how everything will get turned upside down

First of all, being Dorothy is honestly suffering and it's really depressing to see how out of everyone, she's always the one that ends up losing the most and just feel so bad for her since she lost another loved one....I liked Prefect too, but everything surrounding her was just tragic af and I felt for her too

Secondly, I really liked that we got a glimpse into the training of Ange and the others by seeing this farm place and how it worked.....Part of me feels like they would kill all of the girls that didn't make the cut and based off of that alone, I can already tell that this whole organization in general really is fucked up

And Thirdly, I feel like maybe this L guy will have some significance going forward because this new superior just conveniently showing up after this mission and then dropping the bombshell of them having to assassinate Princess is too suspicious and I don't trust it at all

If this anime has Ange end up killing her in the end I'm gonna be shocked but until then I'm very intrigued to see what's gonna happen now
Sep 10, 2017 8:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Damn, that last gunshot to the head was nicely animated and the sound was top as well o_o

Can't say i liked her character though so i'm not feeling an ounce of sadness. Liked how she looked up to Dorothy though rather than to Ange.

Assassination of the princess ordered out of nowhere. What happened to L? Needs to be answered next episode.
Sep 10, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2013
Now that we finally back to the main plot, Now I really need an info graphics like the first 3 episodes...
GethemalotSep 10, 2017 9:52 AM
Sep 10, 2017 8:48 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i wasn't ready for that LOOOOLLLL
Sep 10, 2017 8:59 AM

Jun 2010
I really wish the camera had cut away at the suicide. Come on, man.

Other than a pretty good episode. Princess couldn't have asked for a better team to be assigned to assassinate her, since that isn't going to happen.

The real question is, what happens to Chise and Bea as a result of this new decision? Will Dorothy join Ange or try to complete the mission? There are so many directions this could go.
Sep 10, 2017 9:13 AM

Jul 2013
FUCK
ME
THAT
WAS
B R U T A L

good episode. VERY good episode. also great cliffhanger.

i feel like this show's vastly underscored, honestly. it should be breaking an 8/10 at least but i guess people really hate moe art style lol. their loss, this show is fucking fantastic. thank god for this studio's dedication to original content!
Sep 10, 2017 9:32 AM
Feb 2014
After a more cheerful episode we're back to sadness and once again Dorothy got the brunt of it.

Last 2 episodes will make or break for this anime. I thoguht it will be more than one cour but now I see it's 12 episodes. I don't know if there will be a sequel and when but until now we got a lot of backstories of the characters without getting real main plot development and now they have to tie it up in 2 episodes. I had such high expectations from this anime and for me it's still in top 5 of the season but that will mean nothing if it will have a poor ending.
Sep 10, 2017 9:33 AM

Sep 2013
Ange and dorothy's classmate at the spy farm school is the target this time.
She messed up in some mission and it's too late for her now :'(
Princess is the target now.
Sep 10, 2017 9:36 AM
Feb 2014
Will the last 2 episodes chronologically correct or this is the cliffhanger for 2nd season? it'll be no reason to get 2nd season if the story end this season, but it'll be weird too if the next 2 is another story before this one
Sep 10, 2017 9:47 AM

Jul 2015
I just want to point out that today is the World Suicide Prevention Day.
Sep 10, 2017 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
Dorothy is now definitely feeling kind of lost with what she should do better. It's true that she know Miss Prefect is a double agent but then again remembering what she, Ange, and miss Prefect going through in the past.
Then again there's no "and" when it comes to picking things in this Anime. It's just "or". :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 10, 2017 9:56 AM

Nov 2013
MetaThPr4h said:

Lemme quote a bit from a site
Sep 10, 2017 9:57 AM

Feb 2009
Eek, sometimes this show can be so gory and still be filled with cute moments and happy dialouge lol how do they do it, I love this show

Sep 10, 2017 10:48 AM
Aug 2014
Great episode. They really didn't vanilla the suicide, besides the blood I could see the gunshot wound on her head.
Sep 10, 2017 10:49 AM

Apr 2016
The "farm" is pretty interesting. I wonder if they took that idea from a Movie about CIA recruitment lmao.

Anyway, this episode gave me mixed feeling. I think the revelation of Prefect could be handled more subtly, instead of pointing out everything before the dramatic moment. In terms of Prefect's final moment, instead of showing her death directly, making it off-screen with gunshot sound could still deliver the feel better, or at least make it like something in the first episode when Ange pulled the trigger, which is the main reason why I'm hooked on this show.

I need more episode like this one since it signifies the theme of the show with a bittersweet outcome after every mission of the girls, thus making the show more "balanced".
Sep 10, 2017 11:10 AM
Aug 2014
Tokoya said:
So this is how everything will get turned upside down

Part of me feels like they would kill all of the girls that didn't make the cut and based off of that alone, I can already tell that this whole organization in general really is fucked up

If this anime has Ange end up killing her in the end I'm gonna be shocked but until then I'm very intrigued to see what's gonna happen now

It's fucked up, but definitely the nature of the business.

Princess wanting to unite the kingdoms is a tall order, probably won't be done in two episodes unless s2 or they rush it. So I can definitely see double suicide by Ange and Princess or they run away together. The other possibility involves Ange killing whoever is in charge of the military and proving they were no longer acting in the interest of the nation(?)
Sep 10, 2017 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
Probably one of this show's better episodes, even though the whole Farm thing (seriously, it makes no sense that they would only have female candidates to be spies, but anything for CGDCT I suppose). Also, the ending disappoints me, because it is blatantly obvious that they won't actually kill her and will find some asspull to escape the situation without having to murder the Princess or with any other consequences; there's only two episodes left after all, and I really don't think this show has the guts to kill off one of its leads. If they did actually kill her off though, it would be a gutsy move but would fit with this show's general tone of "not doing things conventionally just for the sake of it", which would also be disappointing and bring the whole show down. Basically, they've just written themselves into a corner now, which is a shame really.
Sep 10, 2017 11:22 AM

Aug 2013
So that happened. And now we have the endgame conflict...well rip the idea of 2 cours for this show.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 10, 2017 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
We really need a second season for this anime.

Also I think they are doing this whole assassination thing for the see if Ange is royal or not. I mean they did the same for second best so... Imo real plan is not to kill princess.
Sep 10, 2017 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
Everyone who gets close to Dorothy dies. Family, Friends....Dorothy is the real Angel of Death

So the next target is the Princess herself.
But Ange could never do such a thing...so, Ange will betray them for the sake of the Princess.

They're cornered either way.
I don't want this to end on a single season, this anime is perfect for a 2 season run.
Sep 10, 2017 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
I have sympathy for Dorothy even more now. First, her father dies after he tries to turn his life and his relationship with her around, then their former classmate, who always wanted to be like Dorothy, commits suicide in front of her. @Zahylon got it spot on though. Dorothy is the Angel of Death. D=

I'm also surprised about how they didn't try to censor the prefect's suicide. Honestly, it's a bit refreshing to see a brutal scene like this uncensored, as it gives the scene more impact on the viewer.

Now we're onto the last two episodes of the series and things have gotten very interesting. Ange and Dorothy's superior, L, has seemingly been replaced by an unlikable bald bloke, who refuses to explain to the girls as to Why L has seemingly been "replaced". To make matters even more tense, their next mission is to assassinate and princess.

I'm really interested into how they go about this mission now. I highly doubt that both Ange and Dorothy will ever assassinate the princess and I'm sure that Beatrice and Chise will probably be placed in the dark about this mission as well.

With that cliffhanger in mid, I'm eager to see how this show concludes. Happy ending or a sad ending? Who knows, but I hope that the producers do a solid job on the last two episodes though. =)
Sep 10, 2017 12:08 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Brutal scene. I really like how they presented it. Well directed. And then that bombshell at the end. Thank the heaves Ange has the best poker face in the business.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 10, 2017 12:08 PM

Nov 2016
Rip character xy, episode was nicely executed, but emotional impact was missing for me.

And mother of cliffhanger.

I hope the next case will span over two episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 10, 2017 12:15 PM

Jun 2010
Nexxkinn said:
MetaThPr4h said:

Lemme quote a bit from a site

It wasn't really glorifying Suicide, though. She didn't kill her self because she wanted to, and if she hadn't, Dorothy would have had to anyway.
Sep 10, 2017 12:22 PM

Jun 2015
Atavistic said:
Probably one of this show's better episodes, even though the whole Farm thing (seriously, it makes no sense that they would only have female candidates to be spies, but anything for CGDCT I suppose). Also, the ending disappoints me, because it is blatantly obvious that they won't actually kill her and will find some asspull to escape the situation without having to murder the Princess or with any other consequences; there's only two episodes left after all, and I really don't think this show has the guts to kill off one of its leads. If they did actually kill her off though, it would be a gutsy move but would fit with this show's general tone of "not doing things conventionally just for the sake of it", which would also be disappointing and bring the whole show down. Basically, they've just written themselves into a corner now, which is a shame really.

Perfect analysis, I would bet on no consequences, Princess definetly wont be killed. This show only kills side 5min characters, which most viever would never care about. Show had huge potential but thrown away the plot since the beginning and now comes the obligatory "oh shit how they will manage" and of course everything will turn out alright, some deus ex machina or asspulls and DONE
Sep 10, 2017 12:34 PM
Jul 2017
I keep getting impressed by the background art and the animation quality of this show. I wasn't ready for such a well animated headshot at point blank range, not that i'm fond of that kind of thing either lol.
Sep 10, 2017 12:37 PM

Dec 2013
And then there were two....
So Ange and Dorothy are now officially the last two surviving members of their class.
This spy war is claiming casualties so fast.

And it seems that their spy network has deemed the Princess of Albion as a clear threat to the survival of the country. Wouldn't surprise me if the Duke of Normandy has already infiltrated the spy network, and the new "head" is actually one of his men.

Looking forward to seeing just how they manage to get themselves out of this situation.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 10, 2017 1:20 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So this is the training faciliy for the spies then. Ange's
marksmanship really is impressive. Given the standards
that are expected of them any girl that doesn't will vanish
pretty fast. Even back then Ange sure was a high achiver.
So in addition to Ange there was another girl that was
similar to them in that she was also smart as well. So
their next mission is documents retrivial then. And their
contact this time is a old classmate of theirs too.
Ange's antigrav gadget never ceases to amaze me. So Eleanor
was the contact then. Eleanor actually a very similar
personality to Ange actually. The teamup between Ange and
Eleanor though really is amazing though. The best guards
that humans can employ have to be dogs though. Beatrices
little trick though sure was effective at pacifying the dogs
though. Guess that was a mission complete for Ange's team then.

To think that Eleanor's nickname was prefect though.
But its actually pretty apt for her though. Hmm it seems
that Eleanor had changed because of the missions that she has
done. So the teams true mission was to determine whether Eleanor
was a traitor then.To think that Eleanor really was a double agent
though. Ange's actions here really was brash though and not like
her normal self. To think that they left Beatrice at the
wheel while Dorothy and Ange jumped to the train though.
Trying to be perfect all the time isn't always a good thing
as one slip is all you need to mess up. Its really sad that
in the end Eleanor was forced to kill herself because of
one mistake that she made though. But i guess before then
she was able to have that talk with the person that she looked
up to which was Dorothy. But man their next mission will be a
hard one though. Taking out princess who is also part of their
team as well. This was an interesting episode that reflected
how lonely a spy can get and how just one slip can cause you
to be pushed into a corner. It was sad that Eleanor chose death though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2017 1:21 PM
Apr 2016
Now this is what i wanted from this series. 10/10, nothing else. Also, it looks like we will have a twist right at the end of the season. The series is selling well so my hopes for a second seasons and a satisfying conclusion are all up. AOTS easily.
Sep 10, 2017 1:32 PM

May 2014
In a way, this series is a jewel. As there're tons of similar series that belong to the top genres: action, school life, harem, etc,.. a quality series stands out if it follows its genre ALL THE WAY.

A good example from this series is that it belongs to "action" genre (among others..) and the certain gunshot at the end of this episode proves that the series follows the genre ALL THE WAY.

No one likes phonies, everyone loves the unchained daring type.
Sep 10, 2017 1:42 PM
Feb 2012
Fucked up episode...
And that cliffhanger at the end!

And thinking about it, the one we know as "Ange" is the real princess, so... That would be the most fucked up ending I've ever seen, but could she choose to kill the REAL princess, and give us the bad end of the decade?

Not that I hope I'm right, but it would be awesome to see that being pulled of...
Sep 10, 2017 2:00 PM

Mar 2016
Jesus. How the fuck 委員長 turned into "perfect" ?!
Sep 10, 2017 2:01 PM

Oct 2014
I'm going to assume from this point on they won't put random cases in-between again and go straight to the end.
that would make it easier to close the season and voila no need of season 2.
(though, too bad if that's the case then we'll never get to see the end of Dorothy's arc. I love that arc the most.)

the death flags for Princess have been around since like 2 episodes ago, so this kind of development is expected.
It's just how they're going to play it out: kill Princess, kill Ange which is the real princess, or turn the flags into false ones fck the world let's go out of our way and elope somewhere we're the best spy unit on the planet anyway people always need soldiers of fortune.

also we'll probably never get to the end of that drug Eleanor fell into.
I'm pretty sure it was meant to be plot relevant.
Sep 10, 2017 3:12 PM

Jan 2014
It appears their new mission at the very end might be a test to see where Ange's loyalty lies.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 10, 2017 3:30 PM
May 2011
I won't live through the trauma of this only being 12 episodes.
Sep 10, 2017 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
Well we got ourselves some suicide boys. Guess I was the only that thought Duke was the villain, but it seems the General will be the villain now. I liked this episode a lot. It was pretty cool to learn about Perfect and how they went about the music was awesome. Someone needs to make a gif of Beatrice driving. Also we know Princes isn't a double agent. So this general is up to no good. We need a season 2 though. There is so much more they could do with the character in my opinion.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 10, 2017 3:39 PM

Jan 2011
Atavistic said:
Well I wanted give this show a 10, but it is gonna get a good score. I think the disappointment start to hit me with episode 7. I still like the show. I wanna say you're right, but wanna give the show the benefit of the doubt since they have done a good job flushing its character. I am shocked no one has talked about how the show has failed to establish a villain. This will be an interesting two episodes.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 10, 2017 4:03 PM

Sep 2009
That the new girl was looking up for Dorothy insted of Ange was obvious for me. Butr the episode final was unexpected. Though, they have only 2 eps left so they needed to move the plot to some sort of final arc.

Let's see if the final will be as good as the previous eps.
Sep 10, 2017 4:16 PM

Dec 2016
It was sad to see their former comrade die like that.

Beatrice is always useful at some point during the episodes, nice work with those dogs, it was funny watching her drive and crash.

Assassinate the princess, I knew it would eventually come to something like that, the Duke of Normandy definitely wants her gone.
Sep 10, 2017 5:11 PM

Nov 2016
This episode is marked as case 22: I hope it is not the last one in chronological order; if so, the cliffhanger at the ending could be a hint for a season 2...
Sep 10, 2017 5:45 PM

Apr 2009
Atavistic said:
Probably one of this show's better episodes, even though the whole Farm thing (seriously, it makes no sense that they would only have female candidates to be spies, but anything for CGDCT I suppose).
maybe it's like the red room where the Black Widow (from Marvel) came from. trains only female spies specifically. maybe the boys have their own school (that we don't need to care about now because this is CGDCT).
Sep 10, 2017 6:01 PM

Jul 2016
My prediction:

Ange "becomes" (return to being) the princess and have those spies kill her instead. In the end, the real princess is killed while the formerly poor child becomes Ange.

Sep 10, 2017 6:02 PM
Mar 2008
So, maybe this will show us the reason behind the scene in the opening where Ange saves the princess and points her gun at the other 3 people. I really hope that there is not splitting between the spies in the group and someone ends up dead as a result of the next mission.
Sep 10, 2017 6:52 PM
Aug 2015
I feel so sorry for Miss Perfect I actually liked her character I was hoping that they would save her but I did not think that she would have a happy ending and I want to know what happened to the other girls that did not make the cut I would not be surprised if they where all killed
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

102 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 17, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

132 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:11 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

205 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Thatonebadbro - Sep 24, 2017

183 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

141 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.