Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 10, 2017 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was one heck of a battle actually..
First half of this show was kinda intense.

However, the antagonists of this series really disappoints me. Their personalities are incredibly generic and I can't find anything appealing about them. I guess princess Elenora is confident enough to lead people now since her knight has so much faith in her.
Sep 10, 2017 6:32 AM

Apr 2010
That's one less obnoxious prince but the mad inventor is still alive and seems to be after El-kun at all costs.
It also seems the enemy empire is out for vengeance after loosing there prince.

The insecure princess becoming a queen might be a problem as well but as long as things are going well it should not be a problem.
Sep 10, 2017 8:40 AM

Mar 2017
Ernesti, your bloodlust is showing.

Anyone who likes his personality, will like Aoharu x Kikanjuu's MC.
    have a berry

good day lol
Sep 10, 2017 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
The princess really has a thing for Chid.

That annoying prince would not be a problem anymore. Now, how will Ernesti handle that flying machine.

Sep 10, 2017 9:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man I love the mecha designs in this series
Sep 10, 2017 9:17 AM
Mar 2009
I'm liking Lord Gojass quite a bit this episode. His stunned, open mouth look when the missles were fired was awesome. Then using the ship's captains own rules to let the prince escape first and thus kept himself from being attacked. And then! Telling the prince's sister who regretful it was he couldn't save him.

"...but I'm getting a pretty good compensation package." - my favorite line in the episode.

Still not too fond of Eleonora, even with her character growth.

An odd thing about this anime is they make Ernesti realize or at least admit that the enemy is learning when he already knows they copied his own tech and made some of their own.

Drake/Wyvern fight should be fun.
Sep 10, 2017 9:17 AM

Jun 2015
That was quite the battle. The prince lost and he died with his mech. It's good to see the princess have more confidence in herself to become queen and lead the people. Oratio Gojass invented a giant mech. Let's see how Ernesti will deal with it.
Sep 10, 2017 9:19 AM

Sep 2015
Flying mecha battle? thats was fast

Eru's lust never get boring gonna catch em all!
Into the Internet!
Sep 10, 2017 9:37 AM

Apr 2015
Is there any back story or spoilers for Gojass? I mean, I know they need to have someone go against the MC, but their lore shows that even slight improvements took centuries and no one manages that or cares to. Only the MC advanced everything, being reincarnated and all... but this Gojass pops out of nowhere and anything he grabs out of his arse seem to put MC's inventions to shame, yet at the same time, their main force is based on the inferior stolen tech.
Omae wa mou bakuhatsu desu!
Sep 10, 2017 9:47 AM
Apr 2017
IMACOP said:
Gojass pops out of nowhere and anything he grabs out of his arse seem to put MC's inventions to shame, yet at the same time, their main force is based on the inferior stolen tech.

He is just interested in flying, doesnt care about land troops
Sep 10, 2017 10:12 AM
Sep 2017
That's quite a big hunk of ether

Sep 10, 2017 10:19 AM
Jun 2016
look like going into the last two episodes this is goingto get great :>
Sep 10, 2017 10:19 AM

Jan 2015
Well that pretty much sum things in the episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 10, 2017 10:26 AM
Jul 2017
I started watching this series late and just caught up last week.

My favorite part is the "arms race" aspect and this shows it well. I'm surprised Ernesti didn't think it'd happen.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Sep 10, 2017 10:38 AM

May 2015
I have a feeling this anime will end without any progress with Ernesti and Adeltrud.
Sep 10, 2017 10:45 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode. They completely overwhelmed the enemy army.

Sep 10, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
The prince ended up dying and now that Gojass guy made an intimidating mech to take on Ernie. Things are about to get intense.

Also, I couldn't help but laugh at that hunk of ether looking like a dick.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 10, 2017 11:16 AM

Sep 2013
Eru beats the sword prince but he suicides with his ship, he still learns about the ship though, ether condensed into penis shaped crystals.
Gojass coming with the dragon mech, ikaruga should still have the advantage in mobility.
Sep 10, 2017 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
Ah this is getting more and more ridiculous! Exactly what I was expecting from something named "Knights and Magic"
So we got intense fighting scene, several month of story progress (nobody can tell me Ernie hasnt done anything in this time, Shield, Energy Sabers incoming)
Even though its one of the oldest tropes, having a shitty enemy getting sealclubbed by a totally Op MC is always so satisfying!
Also the prince was hillarious. "Hah Im gonna shoot my own ship, you where not expecting that! - 3 seconds later - DAMN YOU IM CRASHING I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT"

So next Ernie is going to fight a Mecha Dragon. Nice!
Somehow this feels like a Minecraft mod. Or Besiege.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 10, 2017 11:50 AM
Nov 2012

So this totally doesn't look like an alien penis
KonichiwaKunSep 10, 2017 11:54 AM
Sep 10, 2017 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
so next step is Eru creating GN drive from alien dick and make Gundam ?
bruh
Sep 10, 2017 12:08 PM

Sep 2015
Hes been winning a lot so far. Could this be his first defeat?
Sep 10, 2017 1:04 PM

Feb 2010
I am a bit surprised the drop ship has an elevator to send the SK to the top. Why would they put that in? When they built the thing they didn't know any could fly.

I do wonder how agile the mecha dragon is. If it is too large and slow to maneuver then it's vital spots could be targeted by the smaller, faster mech.
Sep 10, 2017 1:05 PM

Nov 2016
The battle was great like always, really love the CG here.

And wow that Drake mecha looks strong,next episode is going to be epic, just hope there won't be many casualities.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 10, 2017 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
Meh...the action was good I guess...but it's hard to get invested in the action when the antagonists are so plain and boring!

Even the main characters are fairly underdeveloped and generic...the anime had and still has the potential to be good but they're running out of time

I hope they figure out a way to deliver a good ending that elevates this anime to a higher status...but we'll see
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 10, 2017 1:18 PM
Jul 2017
Master_Geass said:
I am a bit surprised the drop ship has an elevator to send the SK to the top. Why would they put that in? When they built the thing they didn't know any could fly.

I do wonder how agile the mecha dragon is. If it is too large and slow to maneuver then it's vital spots could be targeted by the smaller, faster mech.

woah, good catch, I didn't think of that.

Maybe they put it there so the bad guy could stand on top of the ship with his arms open and say: "I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!"
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Sep 10, 2017 2:33 PM

Mar 2016
I'm probably the only one who has a problem with the fact that they so eagerly shot at a fleeing ship.
Sep 10, 2017 4:14 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So it seems that the enemy has found the princess then.
Even with the improvements made to the kingdom's mechas
by Ernesti and his friends the numbers that the enemy can
call on allows them to crush all that stand against them
quite easily. So Ernesti invented some flares and AA weapons
to deal with the enemy flying ships then. Good call since they
pose the most threat with their mobility and ability to carry mecha.
Lol the enemy pilots calling Ernesti's knights cowards for creating
a new weapon to deal with their ships. The enemy fell straight
into Ernesti's ambush then. Then again the princes behavieur
is easily predictable though. Man watching the enemy inventor
get so worked up because of Ernesti is so funny. Watching each
of the companies act in concert with Ernesti's plan as they crush
the enemy was really entertaining. The princes reaction as he saw
his forces being routed was just priceless. So the inventor stayed
behind to let the princes ship be hit. Its funny that when he's about
to lose the prince tries to get Ernesti to change sides though.

To think that the prince would go crazy and take down his own ship
though. Its nice that the princess thanks to kid's efforts is back to her
usual positive and kind self though. Man that inventor sure is good at
fabricating lies though. Given the situation i guess its normal to be
scared and taking a role that you aren't ready for. But its nice that
after seeing the courage of Ernesti's knights and interacting with
normal people that Eleonore is able to understand what it means
to lead and thus become queen. So the enemy is taking ether from
the air and converting it to fuel their machines then. Too much ether
will break the enemy mecha's reactors and thus damage them after
prolonged usage. Being fearless and optimistic and hoping to ask the
enemy how everything works is just like Ernesti. I think its not
understatement that Elenore has fallen quite hard for Kid though.
Ernesti sure is good at negotiating though. Wow so in these few months
the enemy was busy inventing this dragon like mecha then. Sure looks
impressive. So the enemy too has transformable mobile suits then. This
episode was a fun one and a interesting one. Watching Ernesti pick apart
the princes forces was interesting but it looks like the real fight is just beginning
with the appearance of the drake.

ShingsterSep 10, 2017 4:23 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2017 5:00 PM

Jun 2017
The minimal fighting shown this episode was good. That's about the only positive thing I can say about this episode.

It's awesome how battles are glossed over in favor of showing the princess eating and Ernesti's long-winded exposition to the enemy prince about his duties for the kingdom. In the middle of a battle.

At least the phallic ether was amusing.
Sep 10, 2017 5:15 PM

Dec 2016
Great work by the Silver Phoenix crushing the enemy at the start like that.

Archid x Eleonora looks like a thing.

Next episode - the demon vs the dragon, can't wait to see this battle, should be great to watch.
Sep 10, 2017 5:34 PM
Apr 2017
Master_Geass said:

Blame the anime ship's design. in LN, author describe that Leviate ship actually just a ship, it has same design and maneuverable by using sail to catch the wind (created by magic). The only difference is it can float in the air by using ether engine.
And also they use SH to build and maintain it , so naturally it have elevator to help transport SH and material to ship's desk more easily.
Sep 10, 2017 6:26 PM

Jul 2009
ok but that green thing in the bottle totally looked like a pe--you know what.
Sep 10, 2017 9:17 PM

Oct 2014
syncrogazer said:
I'm probably the only one who has a problem with the fact that they so eagerly shot at a fleeing ship.

maybe...

well, at least we know Ernesti doesn't.
nor he cares about any laws, in the first place, let alone war laws.

Too great of a power can cause harm to its surrounding.
I believe the old Emperor said something like that when he first heard of Ernesti. Too bad we'll probably never get to see Ernesti pay for his great power in this anime.
They're just going to make people concede while shooting down everyone who don't in the name freedom and justice while installing puppet leaders everywhere over the world.
(no idea LN, though, bcs I don't read it.)
Sep 10, 2017 9:49 PM

Jan 2008
God damn that prince character was completely garbage. Served no purpose other than triggering the enemies.
Sep 10, 2017 9:59 PM

Feb 2011
"This is the sweat of the heart." I'll refer to this phrase the next time I cry.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Sep 11, 2017 4:10 AM
May 2016
Is anyone else questioning how bs it feels cuz this random mad scientist #2 just pops out and starts making things that can one up Ernestie even though they had to steal tech from Fremmevilla WTF happened here I'm baffled. In the previous episodes they said no one has been able to make advances in terms of the technology of Sillouhette Knights for centuries but if they had this brilliant of a scientist besides Ernestie shouldn't they have already made improvements to their previous gen SK just what the fuck happened here!? Someone pls enlightened me on this subject.
Sep 11, 2017 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
2nd prince and his army getting rekt by the Silver merchants. Its funny how Cristobal went crazy and killed himself because of Ernesti.

Wyvern vs Demon. Its gonna be a exciting showdown.
Sep 11, 2017 8:09 AM

Jun 2012
Nice actions, that's all that matters to me.
CardinalHunter said:
Is anyone else questioning how bs it feels cuz this random mad scientist #2 just pops out and starts making things that can one up Ernestie even though they had to steal tech from Fremmevilla WTF happened here I'm baffled. In the previous episodes they said no one has been able to make advances in terms of the technology of Sillouhette Knights for centuries but if they had this brilliant of a scientist besides Ernestie shouldn't they have already made improvements to their previous gen SK just what the fuck happened here!? Someone pls enlightened me on this subject.
Aeronautics and land transportation are made with different mechanical parts and systems, It is run by a different type of fuel as well, the weight of aircraft are balanced out with it's exterior design while it is not much of a factor for wheeled vehicles as the engine accommodate to that.

My point is, the overall design between the two are fundamentally not the same. So.......S.K. are run by ether reactor for all it's limbs and circuits. The levitate ship are functioning with an etherite, ether supplier, and the weight of the ship can produce high kinetic energy through it's turbine making the mana consumption system is used efficiently. The thing is, this approach of technical procedure is not feasible to be implemented to S.K. as said in this episode because the ether reactor are disintegrated after usage, in other words, due to this failure, this "mad scientist" decided to not venture advancing the S.K. but instead produced AIRSHIPS and claimed as the ruler of the sky till he met our genius MC.

And remember that there are slight improvement in silhouette knights around within the century but they are treated in secrecy such as a state of the nation property belonging to royalty only(?).
Sep 11, 2017 9:53 AM
Oct 2007
It's very cool to see how they experiment with the OP every week. I'm still enjoying this week episode very much!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2017 11:15 AM
Sep 2011
to those who are interested about Oratio Gojass.
He is actually from a Clan who wanted to make a flying vehicle/ship of some sort. Now their Clan have invented the technology but doesn't have the resources to make it. Here is where Gojass comes in, he is too obsess about making it happen that he took the knowledge of the levitation device and gave it to Zaloudek Empire in order to fulfill his wish. Of course being known as the man who invented it as well. Now this is not spoiler. It was actually skipped or not mentioned in the Anime which disappointed me because it's one of the important explanation/information about why he was able to do it.
Sep 11, 2017 12:14 PM

Dec 2014
well that is awesome ...things keeps getting more interesting
Sep 11, 2017 7:56 PM
Jul 2016
Overall it was a good episode but here is my question:
When they were adapting this LN into an anime who came up with the design for the ether hunk. This my friends is how the situation transcurred:

In Charge (IC): OK so now we need ideas on the design for the ether hunk.
Staff 1: How about a crystal?
IC: Are you dumb that's too generic
Staff 2: I have an idea?
IC: Tell me then.
Staff 2: *Draws an alien penis*
IC: You are a genius we will go with this.
Sep 11, 2017 8:45 PM

Sep 2015
The SFX is quieter this time around in the OP and some dialogue? Why so weird?

umm soo they are trying to ship the princess and kidd so hard. I don't get why they never thought of mounting staff turrets on the airships -_-
Have they not thought of it needing self-defense?
Assuming that these missiles never existed(missile is pretty BS imo but whatever) they can still use this to bombard targets.
Rather than sending out mechs that can get destroyed in a fight, you could do that(for tactical insertion) but also use the staff to bombard targets with impunity. they would have nothing to counter your airships and you can just keep blasting at them.

Also the commanders are so incompetent. What was their plan exactly? overwhelm them with numbers?
Sure they didn't expect missiles, but did they just think frontal assaults win wars? Couldn't they attempt to flank? The Prince moments before he died clearly knew he was from Fermville or whatever it is called. Unless Fermeville want to get in to the war, the Zalodak(Can't remember these names) can just block the supply route. The Kushpercha already fell so it was about time they ran out of resources.

And with such territorial gains they could of easily fell back. And evidently, Ernie's gang chased after them. With such a numerical superiority, you can completely flank and encircle them. Destroying the cities Ernie's group left behind. And continue to blockade. They will starve and forced to break through the blockade back in to fermeville. Which exposes their true identity.
Leaving them with two options. Intervene in a all out war. Or stop and negotiate. With such a large battlefield, Ernie's group can;t be everywhere to save fermville's butt every time.
And seriously... they are leading with emotions and not logic. vengeance is not going to get anything done. If they can defeat the enemy while avoiding Ernie, then that's still a win. Dying to Ernie is not going to win them the war.
zcv45Sep 11, 2017 9:09 PM
Sep 11, 2017 8:59 PM

Sep 2015
Revvie-chan said:
syncrogazer said:

maybe...

well, at least we know Ernesti doesn't.
nor he cares about any laws, in the first place, let alone war laws.

Too great of a power can cause harm to its surrounding.
I believe the old Emperor said something like that when he first heard of Ernesti. Too bad we'll probably never get to see Ernesti pay for his great power in this anime.
They're just going to make people concede while shooting down everyone who don't in the name freedom and justice while installing puppet leaders everywhere over the world.
(no idea LN, though, bcs I don't read it.)

Ernie=US confirmed!
But TBH it does seem like it. Fermmevilla(Ernie is practically the de facto king here) pretty much got the Princess under their wraps. They might as well control the country but under the title of 'liberation.' And no one is there to stop this madness! And indeed, so far they killed every opposition but there's only been 2 groups so far. Can't say they gun everyone down so far, even though it appears so.

Well idk about the rules of war in their world but modern day, retreating ships are anyone's game. Only surrendered ships are spared. Which rarely happens nowadays, usually scuttling or betting on successfully limping away. Back in the age of sail, most ships were captured via boarding or surrender.

It would make this anime so much better if Ernie actually do pay for his great power. One way or another, or that this war isn't so 'black and white' where he kills the enemy like it was nothing.
But that would be too edgy for this show.
Is Ernie a confirmed mad scientist? He don't care about lives clearly as he is eager to fight for the sake of testing his 'toys' despite lives are at stake here. He also very concentrated on the subject that he ignore various problems such as safety of himself, his team and the financial stability of the nation. Spending national investments on highly risky projects(that if not for BS, would not work IRL) and going around pretty much doing whatever he wants in foreign territory with no regards to politics or diplomacy.

"They can be intelligent, charming, and good at mimicking emotions. They may pretend to be interested in you, but in reality, they probably don’t care. They carefully plot their moves, and use aggression in a planned-out way to get what they want. If they’re after more money or status in the office, for example, they’ll make a plan to take out any barriers that stand in the way, even if it’s another person’s job or reputation."-Psychopath
Hmm seems pretty accurate...
But probably not, its 'knights and magic' we are talking about here.... That's way too edgy but it makes me wonder...
zcv45Sep 11, 2017 9:04 PM
Sep 11, 2017 10:11 PM
Jun 2017
Apart from the super quick fight scenes(it's more about Ikaruga flying than proper fighting), this show is getting really messy. There's just too much going on with little to no explanation. Characters dying with zero development, and we're yet to see Ernie lose. When the enemy make some advancements on their tecnology and tatics, BAM, six months passed and MC's gang has everything they need to drive them away. I'll not drop this after watching 11 episodes, but if there's a season 2(Wich i wish to happen seeing how many people actualy love this show), i'll pass.
Sep 12, 2017 10:25 PM

Oct 2014
zcv45 said:

Ernie=US confirmed!
But TBH it does seem like it. Fermmevilla(Ernie is practically the de facto king here) pretty much got the Princess under their wraps. They might as well control the country but under the title of 'liberation.' And no one is there to stop this madness! And indeed, so far they killed every opposition but there's only been 2 groups so far. Can't say they gun everyone down so far, even though it appears so.

Well idk about the rules of war in their world but modern day, retreating ships are anyone's game. Only surrendered ships are spared. Which rarely happens nowadays, usually scuttling or betting on successfully limping away. Back in the age of sail, most ships were captured via boarding or surrender.

It would make this anime so much better if Ernie actually do pay for his great power. One way or another, or that this war isn't so 'black and white' where he kills the enemy like it was nothing.
But that would be too edgy for this show.
Is Ernie a confirmed mad scientist? He don't care about lives clearly as he is eager to fight for the sake of testing his 'toys' despite lives are at stake here. He also very concentrated on the subject that he ignore various problems such as safety of himself, his team and the financial stability of the nation. Spending national investments on highly risky projects(that if not for BS, would not work IRL) and going around pretty much doing whatever he wants in foreign territory with no regards to politics or diplomacy.

"They can be intelligent, charming, and good at mimicking emotions. They may pretend to be interested in you, but in reality, they probably don’t care. They carefully plot their moves, and use aggression in a planned-out way to get what they want. If they’re after more money or status in the office, for example, they’ll make a plan to take out any barriers that stand in the way, even if it’s another person’s job or reputation."-Psychopath
Hmm seems pretty accurate...
But probably not, its 'knights and magic' we are talking about here.... That's way too edgy but it makes me wonder...

he is mad scientist, which is all fine, per se....
and this show is edgy everywhere it goes, so far, (But it's anime so it happens all the time. )
It's just sad that they sacrificed a lot of story for the sake of poor action.
The 3DCG is fine (I'm not a hater though nor also a lover,) but the script of each combat is just too poor.
It kinda makes the sacrifices felt... vain
Sep 13, 2017 8:54 PM
Aug 2017
Is anyone beside me confused on why the animator made that scene in the opening with princess and Ernie's mech in space. I mean the princess apparently is going to be hooking up with Kid so why is that there. To be honest when i saw that part in to opening i thought Ernie was the one to hook up with the princess.
Sep 14, 2017 7:35 AM

May 2017
RookLM said:
That's quite a big hunk of ether

Legit thought it was a dildo
Sep 14, 2017 9:31 AM
Mar 2012
Gojass is interesting, let's prince die & learns from the enemy, and probably got more funding from the sister.
Ernestie having fun as always. Cool drake design, but too many wands.
Sep 14, 2017 5:46 PM

Jul 2016
You know, I almost rejoyced at the massive dragon mecha FINALLY doing something Ernesti can easily stop. I know that ofc in the end Ernie will win, but it's getting so bad that EVEN his allies are starting to feel bad for how hard the antagonists are getting thrashed... -.-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:49 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

74 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

64 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 21, 2023 1:32 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

43 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 18, 2023 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.