Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2010 11:05 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hand-made Christmas presents from Sawako! I'd sure like one. *sad face*
Sawako's dad during Christmas = senile old man.
Sawako's facial expressions in this episode are priceless.
Mar 9, 2010 12:50 PM

Oct 2009
This was a amazing episode! :D I loved it all from Sawako expressions here=>
to her present from her father which is a cell phone=>
to Kazehaya's present for Sawako and this scene=>
Too bad Sawako's father got Kazehaya's hand made present but I found myself T_T at exactly when Sawako did while talking to Kazehaya on the phone from her home.....looks like Ume is coming back next episode.....oh the joy for those who like her... Not only that but I also loved the snow falling and warmness of the episode itself. Sawako my love......so happy for her new expressions.....so happy and T_T

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 9, 2010 9:30 PM

May 2009
AMGAMGAMG, awesome episode! Great Christmas. And she has cell phone nao :3
Mar 10, 2010 2:15 AM

Oct 2009
For some reason I don't see how they can end it anytime soon. With only two episodes left it feels like it's only now getting into the stuff everyone wanted to see. I guess if they come out with a second season though, it'd make sense. Regardless I'm still enjoying it.
Mar 10, 2010 4:13 AM

Jun 2008
Why, why, why, just WHY my heart grows in my chest every time I watch this show? T_T It's such a nice feeling <3

And the thing with stomach belt was so funny xD But I still wish she gave him this cap <3 Handmade presents by Sawako are love <3

Hell, I want them to confess, but it's gonna take a while, for sure :P

~♥It’s the heart that really matters in the end♥~

Mar 10, 2010 4:53 AM
Nov 2008
Nooooo!!!!! ; ; 2 more episodes! Season 2 is a must!
Mar 10, 2010 5:01 AM

May 2009
I hate Sawako's dad, and Sawako's stupidity in this episode!!
Mar 10, 2010 5:28 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not saying that I didn't like this episode, but the angst is starting to get a little annoying. Christmas episode = perfect time for garland and a Kiss. Sawako is still acting like she doesn't know Kazehaya likes her. Seriously when is someone going to pull her aside and tell about life. The naivety is getting old. This would have been a very cute ten episodes ago, but now it's just a bit after the fact. There relationship is at a stand still and there are only two more episodes left. Are they going to make us wait for another series to see if they ever hook up? I'd love to see that other side of sawako more often, the side that isn't so naive, the one that is brutally honest. When is she going to get brutally honest with herself and her feelings towards Kazehaya?
Mar 10, 2010 6:16 AM

Oct 2009
Orion1 said:
I'm not saying that I didn't like this episode, but the angst is starting to get a little annoying. Christmas episode = perfect time for garland and a Kiss. Sawako is still acting like she doesn't know Kazehaya likes her. Seriously when is someone going to pull her aside and tell about life.
I am thinking from how her mom handled the call from Kazehaya she might be the one or it will Yano/Yoshida who help her out in that.
mel-hime said:

Yeah I feel bad also that there are only 2 more episodes left in this series.
tovabrink said:
Why, why, why, just WHY my heart grows in my chest every time I watch this show? T_T It's such a nice feeling <3
I have to admit 90% of this show was for me like that also......well I can always pick up Clannad/Kanon 2006 hopefully when this is over.

Mar 10, 2010 6:30 AM

Apr 2008
Aww ... sad she could not make it to the party ><

Mar 10, 2010 7:47 AM
Oct 2008
5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote)

laserjay151 said:

Hand-made Christmas presents from Sawako! I'd sure like one. *sad face*
Sawako's dad during Christmas = senile old man.
Sawako's facial expressions in this episode are priceless.

^w^
Mar 10, 2010 8:13 AM

Apr 2009
This ep was beautiful, yet painful to watch.
Most of the animation and character details are well done.

Yet it was painful, not only because of Sawako's awkward lack of communication,
But also because I connected with Sawako's feelings when everyone called her..
Since I had a good share of that experience too.

Btw, I was surprised when they put actual faces on Sawa's parents.
Mar 10, 2010 9:22 AM

Sep 2007
Touching episode! <3 It was so well done, it captured all the emotions from the manga. I really hope that a second season will come after this, because they cannot just leave it at the best part ToT

Mar 10, 2010 9:37 AM

May 2008
I'm glad Sawako got to give something to Kazehaya at least, even though the hat would have looked totally adorable on him...

Mar 10, 2010 9:44 AM

Oct 2009
Zilpzalp said:
STOP LEAVING OUT THE RIGHT EYE OF KAZE-KUN. ITS GROSS, SERIOUSLY.
Yeah same here and not only him....Ume, Yoshida and Yano too of all people. Yeah what is wrong with that? It's strange it would be like that.

Mar 10, 2010 10:07 AM

Jan 2010
I'm gonna kill someone if there won't be a second season.
Mar 10, 2010 10:13 AM

Dec 2007
With only 2 episodes left I really hope they'll make another season. These anime is a masterpiece in every way.

edit:
HontoniBaka said:

HIVEMIND!
Mar 10, 2010 10:51 AM

Oct 2009
rarri said:
HontoniBaka said:

HIVEMIND!

How about just disappointed....don' t think I will go to Japan to do it but I think there will be another season when more manga chapters will come out?

Mar 10, 2010 12:42 PM

Apr 2009
Kuronuma Papa was so sweet (even though a little bit annoying at first...), especially when he gave her the gift.
Zilpzalp said:

^ yeah -.- They really should.
I suffer from Ryuu withdrawal. Not enough of him in this episode D: I want another arc about him.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 10, 2010 1:46 PM
Dec 2007
Wonderful episode, with a great atmosphere setting resulting from a fantastic direction. Still one of the best out there.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 10, 2010 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
HontoniBaka said:
Mar 10, 2010 2:27 PM

Oct 2009
Ehh, first episode I didn't feel entirely satistfied with.

Maybe because i'm horizontal?
Mar 10, 2010 3:17 PM

Mar 2008
Ahhhhh her dad is sweet but I totally got so annoyed by him!!! ARGH =.=

Andddd GET TOGETHER ALREADY!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2010 3:34 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
This episode reminded me of how much I hate Kazehaya. I had almost forgotten about him the last few episodes. I would rather keep seeing Ryuu and Chizuru thing going.

2/5
Mar 10, 2010 6:03 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I loved how the mom took charge of the phone call :)

Annoying father for sure.

99.99% sure there's going to be a second season.
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 10, 2010 6:26 PM
Jul 2009
poketonip said:
HontoniBaka said:

i thought the crying was a bit unnecessary but good episode
Mar 10, 2010 6:53 PM

Sep 2008
francismeunier said:
Zilpzalp said:
Yeah same here and not only him....Ume, Yoshida and Yano too of all people. Yeah what is wrong with that? It's strange it would be like that.

It's like one of their eyes gets burned out.
Mar 10, 2010 7:02 PM

Jul 2009
Her father was annoying the heck outta me, especially how he just barged into her room and grabbed the hat without even letting her give it to him! He redeemed himself a little bit with the cell phone scene.

Chibi-Ryuu with the tapping of the papers was awesome. ^^
ClairseanaMar 25, 2010 10:43 AM
Mar 10, 2010 7:56 PM

Dec 2009
mel-hime said:
x3mslayer said:
i comepletly agree with you two. season two of sawako x kazehaya relationsip and ryuu x chizu relationship. it would have been better if kazehaya got the right present.
Mar 10, 2010 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
nice episode the animation was awesome :)
Mar 10, 2010 9:44 PM

May 2007
Well I found it weird to see Sawako end up in a bit of a typical teenage situation. It was kind of fresh just to see her have a family vs. friends situation.

I liked the ending of the episode, it is nice to see these two together, and the silly mistake was nice.

Kurumi is back next time guys :)
My anime list
Mar 10, 2010 10:10 PM

Aug 2008
Orion1 said:
I'm not saying that I didn't like this episode, but the angst is starting to get a little annoying. Christmas episode = perfect time for garland and a Kiss. Sawako is still acting like she doesn't know Kazehaya likes her. Seriously when is someone going to pull her aside and tell about life. The naivety is getting old. This would have been a very cute ten episodes ago, but now it's just a bit after the fact. There relationship is at a stand still and there are only two more episodes left. Are they going to make us wait for another series to see if they ever hook up? I'd love to see that other side of sawako more often, the side that isn't so naive, the one that is brutally honest. When is she going to get brutally honest with herself and her feelings towards Kazehaya?

Totally agree. There is no reason for the show to be so underwhelming at this point. Like I said, when episodes are like this, my mind only drifts to the flaws--eyeless Kazehaya and empty frames abundant. Unfortunately, adding to the fact that there are only two episodes left, I'm dropping my score to a 7. The show has lost most of it's spark (read: Kurumi and Yano) since the sports festival.
Mar 10, 2010 11:29 PM

Dec 2009
Orion1 said:
it would be a nice turn of events, but if this is like the typical story, it will take at least a year for both people to confess and start dating, another six more months for a first kiss, and then may be a second kiss after a few months, but never on holiday because something always gets in the way... makes me glad i'm not an (animated) japanese schoolgirl... the angst would have killed me long before graduation.

tovabrink said:
And the thing with stomach belt was so funny xD
what is a stomach belt??? i would look it up, but i'm hoping such a thing does not actually exist...
Mar 10, 2010 11:30 PM

Jan 2008
Ahhh her dad! Cute cellphone though <3
Mar 10, 2010 11:38 PM

Jan 2010
francismeunier said:
rarri said:
HontoniBaka said:

HIVEMIND!

How about just disappointed....don' t think I will go to Japan to do it but I think there will be another season when more manga chapters will come out?

I didn't say I'd go to Japan! x'D I just said I'm gonna kill someone, didn't specify who. Anyone would do. *evil laugh*

However, travelling to Japan and abducting the child of the people who make this show seems like a fine plan too...
Who's with me? x'D
Yami-chiiMar 10, 2010 11:42 PM
Mar 10, 2010 11:42 PM

Sep 2008
noteDhero said:
Totally agree. There is no reason for the show to be so underwhelming at this point. Like I said, when episodes are like this, my mind only drifts to the flaws--eyeless Kazehaya and empty frames abundant. Unfortunately, adding to the fact that there are only two episodes left, I'm dropping my score to a 7. The show has lost most of it's spark (read: Kurumi and Yano) since the sports festival.
Definitely this. I totally overhyped it in my own mind since the beginning was so beautiful, but it's getting rather annoying now. It feels as if Sadako has not moved any place closer to Kazehaya in appearances of a relationship since like the first episode. I mean friends are all good, and fleshing them out is great, but I kind of want romance...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2010 12:59 AM

Oct 2009
gerb234 said:
mel-hime said:
x3mslayer said:
i comepletly agree with you two. season two of sawako x kazehaya relationsip and ryuu x chizu relationship. it would have been better if kazehaya got the right present.
I on the other hand like Sawako's stupidity but I am sorry but I think more of it as clumsy and dazed...

Mar 11, 2010 2:05 AM

Sep 2009
Orion1 said:
I don't think the angst is particularly unreasonable. I mean think about it, she's gone pretty much her whole life without friends; it's not like she's suddenly going to be perfectly receptive to romantic feelings. Take this from someone who's lived a pretty similar life. I've never once had someone like me in my 18 years (at least, not openly), and, even though it may not be true, I'm pretty damn convinced that nobody could like me.

That's one of the reasons I like this show so much: it's real, and I can relate to it in so many ways. Obviously some of it is a bit exaggerated, but, for the most part, it's a very plausible story.
Mar 11, 2010 3:41 AM

May 2009
Of course it was going to be a cell phone strap. And what the heck is Kazehaya going to with that thing?
Poor dad's been spoiled with such a good daughter. He did good with the gift though. And she just wanted a pencil and lead. LOL.
Mar 11, 2010 3:42 AM
Sep 2009
I seriously wanted to kill Sawako's dad in this episode. Seriously, if only she could give Kazehaya her own-made hat or whatever you called it, this episode would have been the best ever.
Mar 11, 2010 3:55 AM

Jul 2009
After this i really really want Yano's special arc..she is the goddess in this anime and Kurumi too <3

Oh and after Christmas comes New Year's eve right? maybe something will happened between those two..maybe not XD
Mar 11, 2010 4:35 AM

Apr 2009
RETVirus said:
I don't think the angst is particularly unreasonable. I mean think about it, she's gone pretty much her whole life without friends; it's not like she's suddenly going to be perfectly receptive to romantic feelings. Take this from someone who's lived a pretty similar life. I've never once had someone like me in my 18 years (at least, not openly), and, even though it may not be true, I'm pretty damn convinced that nobody could like me.

That's one of the reasons I like this show so much: it's real, and I can relate to it in so many ways. Obviously some of it is a bit exaggerated, but, for the most part, it's a very plausible story.
We're on the same boat, buddy.

One of the main reasons why I like KnT, despite its flashy, over the top, emotional sequences is that I can relate to it too.
Not only can I relate to it, but I can also get inspired by it.
Sawako's one-good-deed a day thing and optimism way back in the first batch of episodes imo, was motivating.

Btw. Sure, it's easy to blame Sawako's dad for making her pity him..
But he did predict that Sawako would eventually move on with her friends by the cell phone gift.
I think he's not that bad, I just wished Sawako was a little more honest.
Mar 11, 2010 5:10 AM
Mar 2009
A bit late for a Christmas-themed episode but it was okay nonetheless. I do agree this show has lost a bit of it's charm lately. I would love to see what it's like for Sawako and Kazehaya to have an actual romantic relationship, but they're still going through the same motions they did in the early going. I'm guessing they're going to end this on a more ambiguous note and leave us wanting more, in other words, a second season at that to see where this story actually take us.
Mar 11, 2010 6:43 AM

Dec 2008
Orion1 said:
Well the beauty of this series I think is that it's not like any typical shoujo that you always watch/read, where the relationship is like bam bam bam. Believe it or not, Sawako's scenario happens more likely that you think. I definitely don't think the relationship is a stand still at all. These things grow very slowly in real life too you know. For example in this episode, you see something happen with them at the end - exchange e-mail address/phone numbers.

Before you get too ahead of yourself and start bashing Sawako, and I apologize for a such a spoiler (but I doubt this will be covered in the anime figuring that there are 2 episodes left)...but Kazehaya is just as naive as Sawako. He has no idea that she likes him too. So just to warn you, if you're looking towards having their relationship not be in a "stand still" and do what other series do like confess to each other and kiss....then I suggest you don't watch the last two episodes - because I guarantee that that will not happen :P
Mar 11, 2010 6:57 AM

Oct 2009
It was really amazing episode. Sawako got her first cellphone and exchanged numbers with Kazehaya. Step by step getting closer...

HontoniBaka said:

I didn't say I'd go to Japan! x'D I just said I'm gonna kill someone, didn't specify who. Anyone would do. *evil laugh*

However, travelling to Japan and abducting the child of the people who make this show seems like a fine plan too...
Who's with me? x'D

Well if there will be anouncement that there will not be 2nd season i will take it to consideration... well but i dont think there is this kind of possibility now ^_^
amadiloMar 11, 2010 7:02 AM
Mar 11, 2010 8:00 AM

Oct 2009
I finally managed to make a master GIF of Sawako's smile...there was no better time than this episode and it is perfect to my eyes=>
also this was a nice one too=>

Mar 11, 2010 8:08 AM

Sep 2007
I think it is going to be 25 episodes, instead of 24, or at least that is what's on ANN:

2010-03-16
23. Two People
Futari
ふたり

2010-03-23
24. Birthday
Tanjoubi
誕生日

2010-03-30
25. New Year
Shinnen
新年

Still, I want more >_<

Mar 11, 2010 11:10 AM
Feb 2009
OMG i love this Anime Q.Q only 2 eps left... I'm gonna Q.Q a lot ;(
Mar 11, 2010 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
robbydesu said:
Well the beauty of this series I think is that it's not like any typical shoujo that you always watch/read, where the relationship is like bam bam bam. Believe it or not, Sawako's scenario happens more likely that you think. I definitely don't think the relationship is a stand still at all. These things grow very slowly in real life too you know. For example in this episode, you see something happen with them at the end - exchange e-mail address/phone numbers.

Before you get too ahead of yourself and start bashing Sawako, and I apologize for a such a spoiler (but I doubt this will be covered in the anime figuring that there are 2 episodes left)...but Kazehaya is just as naive as Sawako. He has no idea that she likes him too. So just to warn you, if you're looking towards having their relationship not be in a "stand still" and do what other series do like confess to each other and kiss....then I suggest you don't watch the last two episodes - because I guarantee that that will not happen :P

And this is where we get into the question of "when is too realistic simply boring?" I think we've hit the line here. I've noted in many episodes where I felt like the story was dragging. As of now, I think about 7 episodes could have been saved just to clip out a lot of the wide shots of the environment, Sawako dumbly smiling, bubble effects, and most of the first episodes that centered around gimmicky jokes about her look. Every single arc drags longer than it should. Hell, some of them would make great one off episodes, but they feel the need to separate them into three because Sawako needs stupid monologues and Kazehaya needs to say contradictory things for no reason.

There really isn't a reason why there can't be bigger jumps in time and mess with the sequence of events a little bit if it means tightening the pace. It's been almost a year since the beginning of the show, and despite having friends for the first time in her life (and even a crush), I don't think Sawako is any different. That's absurd for high school. I don't know about anyone else, but from one year to the next I grew a lot as a person, precisely because I got friends that I trusted. I see this change in Chizu and Ayane...even Kurumi. I don't see it with Sawako or Kazehaya. But then, Kazehaya is supposed to be the Perfect Boy (despite his glaring flaws of being dense and selfish), so I don't expect much more from him.
Mar 11, 2010 1:55 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
robbydesu said:

And this is where we get into the question of "when is too realistic simply boring?" I think we've hit the line here. I've noted in many episodes where I felt like the story was dragging. As of now, I think about 7 episodes could have been saved just to clip out a lot of the wide shots of the environment, Sawako dumbly smiling, bubble effects, and most of the first episodes that centered around gimmicky jokes about her look. Every single arc drags longer than it should. Hell, some of them would make great one off episodes, but they feel the need to separate them into three because Sawako needs stupid monologues and Kazehaya needs to say contradictory things for no reason.

Ok now I am in the conversation! The first thing to say is that the focus is on Romance and so environment shots were there to put a feel around the characters but it can be overdone and that I agree. Problem is there some things I thin they are saving for a second season......I mean I would like to know more about Kazehaya's family and that of Chizuru....Ume also was not developed fully but I don't like her.
noteDhero said:
There really isn't a reason why there can't be bigger jumps in time and mess with the sequence of events a little bit if it means tightening the pace. It's been almost a year since the beginning of the show, and despite having friends for the first time in her life (and even a crush), I don't think Sawako is any different. That's absurd for high school.
The little changes in her a present but Sawako is portrayed as someone who has complex over exaggerated on the shy side but that's what I like about her because many of the girl IRL are not shy at all and more open minded....
noteDhero said:
I don't know about anyone else, but from one year to the next I grew a lot as a person, precisely because I got friends that I trusted. I see this change in Chizu and Ayane...even Kurumi. I don't see it with Sawako or Kazehaya. But then, Kazehaya is supposed to be the Perfect Boy (despite his glaring flaws of being dense and selfish), so I don't expect much more from him.
You don't see it because it's very little and they want to extend that over a longer period like 48 episodes but in the end you shall see the change.....my guts tell me so :P

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Jan 19, 2010

202 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 2:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.