Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 2, 2017 5:48 AM
Apr 2014
ZapplePie said:
I would say 'The Promised Neverland' , but it isn't finished yet.

Same, that story is good
Oct 2, 2017 5:58 AM

Nov 2016
A genuine adaptation of Rosario+Vampire imo but also an adaptation of Berserk first and foremost. Seriously it's like one of the most religiously loved manga out there and it only took a few baby steps into the animated world. Although adaptation into anime will make the art suffer, or take a very long time to produce.
Oct 2, 2017 1:02 PM

Jan 2010
Darker Than Black: Shikkoku no Hana
Oct 2, 2017 1:13 PM

Aug 2016
Shicchi said:

I'm glad you referenced something that was already finished. I ain't down for watching an anime when I know it's gonna leave me at a cliffhangers in both mediums since the manga is ongoing. Definitely wanna read this though since it takes place after the first season and still features thug master Hei being a badass before Anti Tank Rifle chan kinda made the second season meh. Also the author/artist worked on the original TV series so I think I'm gonna stop gushin and give this a read. Since it's only about 33 chapters would you think it would fit better as a series of hour long OVAs or are the chapters densely packed?

20th Century Boys by Naoki Urusawa. I know that the manga came out years ago and they made a live action trilogy so maybe there's no one willing to invest in producing this one...but I can just SEE this being a classic that it just feels sooooo weird that it hasn't been adapted in this medium yet. Hopefully someone besides J.C. Staff or A-1 gets their hands on it (preferably Madhouse since they did Monster and Master Keaton already).

The fact that Pluto is getting one means that there's still a hope for this baby to come to fruition.
Somali_StrawhatOct 2, 2017 1:21 PM
Oct 2, 2017 1:30 PM

Jan 2010
Somali_Otaku said:
Shicchi said:

I'm glad you referenced something that was already finished. I ain't down for watching an anime when I know it's gonna leave me at a cliffhangers in both mediums since the manga is ongoing. Definitely wanna read this though since it takes place after the first season and still features thug master Hei being a badass before Anti Tank Rifle chan kinda made the second season meh. Also the author/artist worked on the original TV series so I think I'm gonna stop gushin and give this a read. Since it's only about 33 chapters would you think it would fit better as a series of hour long OVAs or are the chapters densely packed?

It's been ages since I read it but I think a series would be better.

I reaaaaally loved the manga, I wonder why they haven't animated it yet. It was muchhh better than 2nd season.
Oct 2, 2017 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
These are a few mangas that I think should be adapted as an anime:

"Horimiya"

"Death March Kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku"

"For My Daughter, I Might Even Be Able To Defeat The Demon King"

"Hell'S Kitchen"

"Hiraheishi Wa Kako O Yumemiru"

"Isekai Mahou Wa Okureteru!"

What are your thoughts?
Oct 2, 2017 1:38 PM

Aug 2016
[quote=Shicchi message=52529082]
Somali_Otaku said:

I reaaaaally loved the manga, I wonder why they haven't animated it yet. It was muchhh better than 2nd season.

Dope, gonna give it a read, Bones needs to get to work lol
Oct 8, 2017 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
EDIT - I had 3 paragraphs describing why Horimiya won't be a good anime. But I think studio feel would make a perfect adaptation for it, after watching OreGairu zoku and some analysis videos about Tsuki ga Kirei. So yeah, Horimiya by studio feel All the way.

Onani Master Kurosawa won't translate well to animation, though. This manga has H-U-G-E emphasis on static facial expressions, along inner thoughts, feelings and emotions. This is not animation friendly at all. Also, the manga revolves around highly disturbing issues, either graphically or emotionally. This means that any studio that puts this out will probably have to deal with a P.R. crysis.

On the other hand, I believe some adaptations are bound to succeed:
Dr. Stone, while only 30 chapters deep so far, is a great manga which has a lot of these "crowning moments of awesome" that translate so well to anime. The added value comes from the series revolving around science. This could be another Bones hit, if done correctly. I'm 10 Billion percent sure of that!

Jagaaaaaan is a seinen-action-supernatural manga with a interesting premise and a great delivery, albeit very graphic (gore and sex aplenty). I don't know if Wit/I.G. go this far usually, but Madhouse might, and if either does it could be an awesome anime. But it's a (barely) monthly manga that only has 24 chapters so far, so it's a long way to go.

Others that might be cool are Psyren and Mx0. I read both of these a long while back and even though both of these mangas were cut short (sadly), either could make for a solid shounen title (GetBackers style). Also Liar's game could be an awesome anime.

Last, but not least, is this:
Oyasumi Punpun, by SHAFT.
removed-userOct 10, 2017 7:13 PM
Oct 8, 2017 10:42 AM
Feb 2009
Morshay said:
I don't think Horimiya would translate very well to animation, especially when considering the dichotomy between the story up until ch. 30 (or so) and from that forward.

For the first part the focus is on both of them realizing that what they're experiencing is actually love, and how they come to terms with it. The lack of teen drama and "will they won't they"s is a big part of this manga's charm, but it will result in a pretty dull anime adaptation. The only way it might work (outside another J.C. Staff KareKano copypasta) is with a KyoAni Naoko Yamada production which puts emphasis on their body language and outlook on their surroundings (color pallete and background music) changing as you move on with the plot.

That, however, leads to the second major issue. While this could pass as a nice "they end up together" romance, it misses the point entirely. The message which Horimiya tries to deliver concerns relationships as a part of life, and not as a goal. It's how you grow up as a couple and as individuals, learn about each other and just go on with life. There's no Clannad AS tear-jerking moments, or huge misreadings, fights or "relationship testing moments" (outside of Hori's sick mind). This demands a HUGE tone shift in story, to something more Nichijou-like. I mean, the manga basically consists of random skits from that point, with very little "story moments" or anything chronology-related.

Unless, again, you want this to be another J.C. Staff KareKano copypasta...

The same with Onani Master, but for different reasons. This manga has H-U-G-E emphasis on static facial expressions, and inner thoughts, feelings and emotions. This is not animation friendly at all. Also, the manga revolves around highly disturbing issues, either graphically or emotionally. This means that any studio that puts this out will deal with a P.R. crysis. I personally believe there is no such thing as bad advertising, but I don't think Japan will agree. The ONLY person that could (absolutely) make this work is Satoshi Kon, and, well... :(

On the other hand, I believe some adaptations are bound to succeed:
Dr. Stone, while only 30 chapters deep so far, is a great manga which has a lot of these "crowning moments of awesome" that translate so well to anime. The added value comes from the series revolving around science. This could be another Bones hit, if done correctly. I'm 10 Billion percent sure of that!

Jagaaaaaan is a seinen-action-supernatural manga with a interesting premise and a great delivery, albeit very graphic (gore and sex aplenty). I don't know if Wit/I.G. go this far usually, but Madhouse might, and if either does it could be an awesome anime. But it's a (barely) monthly manga that only has 24 chapters so far, so it's a long way to go.

Others that might be cool are Psyren and Mx0. I read both of these a long while back and even though both of these mangas were cut short (sadly), either could make for a solid shounen title (GetBackers style).

Last, but not least, is this:
Oyasumi Punpun, by SHAFT.

I really loved Mx0 way back. This would be great.
Oct 8, 2017 12:51 PM

Aug 2015
Goblin slayer
Spirit circle
Yuragi sou
Ubel blatt
Hatsukoi zombie
Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai
Mushoku tensei
Nov 10, 2017 2:03 PM

Apr 2014
Kimi no Kakera by Shin Takahashi
Nov 10, 2017 11:29 PM

Sep 2016
HoriMiya at the number one. We totally need a 24 episode series of this excellent manga
Kin no Kanojo Gin no Kanojo (not well known but is really great as well)
Kuzumi Kun, Kuuki Yometemasu Ka
Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome
Nov 15, 2017 12:20 AM

Feb 2016
Yuusha ga Shinda need an anime adaptation
Kono Sekai ga Game need an anime adaptation
Dungeon Meshi need an anime adaptation
Koukoku no Shugosha NEED an anime adaptation
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Nov 15, 2017 8:19 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan. Cute cooking anime in the same vein and Shokugeki with all the same inforamtional value and stunning food art and cute girls with growing feelings and bonding value. And the addition that if it only gets one cour it doesn't have a super dense plot or through line as to make it unsatisfying.
Nov 16, 2017 5:41 AM

Dec 2012
the COMPLETE story from Pandora Hearts
"Vanitas no Carte" seems promising so maybe once the whole manga is complete
a new season for "Spiritpact" (Ling Qi)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2017 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
Anime adaptations of these mangas would be nice to have:

(Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/100219/Musuko_ga_Kawaikute_Shikataganai_Mazoku_no_Hahaoya

(Plunderer)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/81681/Plunderer

(Yuusha ga Shinda!: Murabito no Ore ga Hotta Otoshiana ni Yuusha ga Ochita Kekka.)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/85941/Yuusha_ga_Shinda__Murabito_no_Ore_ga_Hotta_Otoshiana_ni_Yuusha_ga_Ochita_Kekka
Nov 16, 2017 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
Sainta said:
I need more oshimi shuzo's works on anime. After the wtf artsyle of aku no hana, I need a proper anime this time.

Like boku wa mari no naka that recently ended.

Nghhhh, I double so much. The adaptation of Happiness would be so great, though it's hard to say for how long he'll be continuing it.

As for my suggestions:
Real Account
Boku Girl
Doubt+Judge
Kamisama no Iutoori (that'd be a crazyyyyyy ride :D)
Mouryu no Yurikago
Uzumaki (if I understand correctly, the upcoming winter Ito Junji Collection will adapt shorter stories, but this one could be good as a movie)
Nov 18, 2017 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
Oretama. ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌
Nov 18, 2017 6:31 AM

Oct 2017
Aku no Hana( It already has one but I would prefer a remake).
Nov 18, 2017 7:35 AM

Jan 2017
Prog_upworks13 said:
I need Magi sequel Right now.

A great series but the ending feels rushed. I'd like a sequel tho.
Nov 18, 2017 8:28 AM
Feb 2009
me_here_me_there said:
Sainta said:
I need more oshimi shuzo's works on anime. After the wtf artsyle of aku no hana, I need a proper anime this time.

Like boku wa mari no naka that recently ended.

Nghhhh, I double so much. The adaptation of Happiness would be so great, though it's hard to say for how long he'll be continuing it.

As for my suggestions:
Real Account
Boku Girl
Doubt+Judge
Kamisama no Iutoori (that'd be a crazyyyyyy ride :D)
Mouryu no Yurikago
Uzumaki (if I understand correctly, the upcoming winter Ito Junji Collection will adapt shorter stories, but this one could be good as a movie)

orry for bringing you down but,
your post is like many others here, seems like just your favourite manga.
It's just that many manga won't do well as anime and people don't take the time to consider it.

Like:
I liked Bloody Monday but I think at least the first one won't do well as anime, it'll probably feel overplayed. I just don't think it'll feel right as an anime (as a faithful adation).

But we need All You Need is Kill anime. The movie wasn't that good. Would be great as anime imo.
Nov 18, 2017 9:30 AM

Jul 2012
Boku no Imouto wa Kanji ga Yomeru

I'd like some more imoutos in anime.
Nov 18, 2017 10:35 AM

Oct 2017
Vinland Saga and Vagabond, two fantastic manga but it will never happen because there aren't any typical waifu's there, no self insert protagonists and no other anime tropes basicaly
Nov 18, 2017 5:05 PM

Nov 2012
Aardwolf94 said:
Vinland Saga and Vagabond, two fantastic manga but it will never happen because there aren't any typical waifu's there, no self insert protagonists and no other anime tropes basicaly

Vagabond won't have an anime because the author doesn't want one.
Nov 19, 2017 9:02 AM

Jun 2016
For me:

Liar Game
The Breaker
The Breaker : New waves
Vagabond
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To
Nov 19, 2017 3:46 PM

Oct 2015
OrangeLemoon said:
Prog_upworks13 said:
I need Magi sequel Right now.

The fight between Hakuryu and Alibaba is the best thing in this manga IMO. I'm waiting to animated version of it.
Nov 19, 2017 10:02 PM

Jan 2017
Prog_upworks13 said:
OrangeLemoon said:

The fight between Hakuryu and Alibaba is the best thing in this manga IMO. I'm waiting to animated version of it.

I agree with that one but the last battle feels a little bit meh for me.
Nov 20, 2017 2:15 AM
Apr 2014
Hmm pretty much most of the good series are listed here so I add some more.

Skill of Lure
Iris Zero
Gekkou
Emanon

The latter two could work as an OVA or something.
Nov 20, 2017 3:41 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
SuperRed said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Vagabond won't have an anime because the author doesn't want one.

It'd get the Berserk treament. Its better to have nothing at all.
Nov 23, 2017 1:39 PM

Aug 2017
Easily, The Promised Neverland. Not Pierrot making the anime please!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 29, 2017 8:46 PM
Nov 2017
Most manga I read already had an anime. I'd like a Dengeki Daisy anime though.
Nov 29, 2017 9:45 PM
Jan 2016
I agree about Horimiya, and I also think Pochama ni would make a really good anime.

Edit: Just thought of another one: Sengoku Strays. I also want a remake of Samurai Deeper Kyou. That adaptation was horrifying tbh.
RudoraDec 1, 2017 2:48 PM
Dec 1, 2017 12:10 AM

Oct 2017
Grand blue!! it will show those poor Gintama fans what a REAL comedy is

-I may not look like it, but i used to be an otaku :D
Dec 3, 2017 1:30 PM

Jun 2016
Dead Dead Demon's Dedededestruction
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Rest of manga)
Gogo Monster
Kantou Heiya
A Distant Neighborhood
Ikigami

Dec 3, 2017 3:06 PM

Dec 2015
It would be awesome if they did an anime verison of Inochi and Yotsuba ^^
Dec 4, 2017 1:44 AM

Sep 2017
Sun-Ken Rock & The Breaker
Dec 4, 2017 2:43 AM

Mar 2014
Battle Angel Alita deserves much more than a movie.
Cage of Eden
Rain (I like the drawings)
Dec 4, 2017 3:22 PM
Jun 2017
Codename: Sailor V could definitely use an adaptation, even if it's just an OVA movie. I'm honestly surprised it's never been adapted before, considering how popular Sailor Moon is.
Dec 4, 2017 4:41 PM

May 2015
all of the good ongoing ones

doesn't even matter if its hot garbage, as long as it brings more people and more sales, it's welcome.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Dec 5, 2017 2:45 AM
Sep 2013
kono oto Tomare and Horimiya.

and hope uchuu kyoudai will get sequel anime .
Dec 7, 2017 2:17 AM

Jul 2013
Nukozuke animated by KyoAni please!

Also complete adaptation for Pandora Hearts.
Dec 7, 2017 2:19 AM

May 2017
Alive: Final Evolution ;; when I watched Ajin, it was so similar, I was nostalgic. The rights were almost bought in the past, but I don't think it went through
Dec 7, 2017 8:59 AM

Sep 2007
Berserk (obligatory proper remake)
Grand Blue (will be inevitably made)
High Score Girl (was actually greenlit, now in development hell)
Voynich Hotel (HIGHLY UNLIKELY)
Onani Master Kurosawa (also unlikely)
Mousou Telepathy (hey why not)
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko (well Tsurezure Children got adapted so WHY NOT)
Yotsuba& (how is this still not animated?!)
Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service (more likely as a live-action movie/series)
Freesia (had a live-action movie but it was SHIT because manga had not ended yet)
Ai Kora (very unlikely)

I would also say Hinamatsuri but it's already planned for spring 2018 so YAY!
Dec 8, 2017 5:59 AM

Nov 2017
Vinland Saga, 20th Century Boys please Dx and Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Beelzebub unadapted chapters too.
Dec 22, 2017 10:38 PM

Dec 2017
there's a lot of it.

Deadman Wonderland & Claymore needs continuation

Youkai Shoujo: Monsuga

Domestic na Kanojo (very unlikely though)

Horimiya (for the love of god please, even if you make it on 7-10 minutes per episode)

It's My Life

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai

Tenkuu Shinpan

MPD Psycho

Liar Game (better not though, a lot of talking. 2 cour wouldnt even fit this)

Raqiya (very very unlikely would be adapted, the story is pretty messy)
Dec 26, 2017 12:14 PM

Oct 2015
Real by Takehiko Inoue, that's all I want tbh.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Dec 26, 2017 6:40 PM

Dec 2015
A complete Claymore would be pretty cool.

Noblesse
Liar Game
Battle Royale
The breaker
Akumetsu
Vampire Juujikai
Dec 26, 2017 7:06 PM
Nov 2017
Ubel Blatt would make a sweet show.
Dec 28, 2017 2:50 AM

Apr 2017
Hen koi
Moe kare
Kyou koi
Def devil

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1055 by Alexioos95 »»
3 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.