Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 9, 2017 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chise was able to return the book to Mayamu. When Mayumi mentioned that Chise's name was beautiful, I almost teared up. She went through a lot.

It appears that being stuck in the library doesn't affect one's age.

Can't wait for the TV serie to start.
LeoSep 9, 2017 1:28 PM

Sep 9, 2017 1:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This episode reaffirmed my liking for Yuuichi Nakamura, him speaking with a calm voice fits to the series perfectly i think, i had goosebumps during the sequence where the two lied down looking at the stars. Was really beautiful.

The moment when Chise got complimented by the grandma was powerful, those tears.

Atmosphere and music are off the charts in this, super calming, i didn't move an inch during the episode and was just really into what i saw.

I'm super excited now for the main series, more than before.
SmudySep 10, 2017 7:26 AM
Sep 9, 2017 3:38 PM

Mar 2016
wow it's not everyday you get to experience something as great as that. i am so happy i waited for all 3 episodes to be released before i watched it.

literally breathtaking. i am so excited for fall now

10/10 cannot fault it whatsoever
Vacu0usSep 9, 2017 3:52 PM
Sep 9, 2017 3:50 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This was a very sweet way to end this story, with Chise ending up returning the book. These OVA's were a joy to watch and now I wait for the TV adaptation to air!

Sep 9, 2017 4:29 PM

Mar 2016
This final episode just got me hyped for the anime to start in October!

Just such a beautiful combination of art, animation, and music as well as visual and verbal story telling...masterfully done!

These stories have given us some idea of the plot and the characters as well as some world building and character backstory critical to Hatroi's personality

I will be counting down to the anime airing...I expect nothing less than a 10/10 for this series...it has that masterpiece potential!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 9, 2017 5:16 PM

Jan 2016
Another anime that you don't see everyday. I'm so happy I picked up this OVA. TV adaptation is totally in my radar.
Sep 9, 2017 6:26 PM
Feb 2015
Heck I'm glad this show got into my radar only 3 days ago. A whole year to watch these 3 fantastic episodes would have been painful.
Sep 9, 2017 6:46 PM

Oct 2012
A beautiful end to the prequel. I really love the story of the lonely star.
Sep 9, 2017 7:15 PM

Nov 2013
The wait is finally over...
Sep 9, 2017 7:20 PM

Nov 2016
It's a shame that I couldn't wait to watch all 3 episodes at once ~__~

Well, can't be helped.

Overall it was a good prequel which gave us a lot insight into Chises past, hope that means the TV version can focus more on the present.

Looking forward to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 9, 2017 7:57 PM

Nov 2011
Mayumi is such a sweet girl and very underrated character from this franchise.

As with the two other episodes, I like the mixture of the fantasy vibes with the storytelling. Chise's role episode felt more like a discovery with her character. The animation is solid, as good as the previous two episodes from the OVA. Excited for October's TV series now!
Sep 9, 2017 9:04 PM

Dec 2014
Excellent episode.

Really glad that Chise was able to return the book back to Mayumi, Chise truly is a beautiful name. Got really emotional when she Chise teared up.

Chise's conversation with the librarian under the stars was great and I love how he tells Chise to hope for the best and that even if she's in a hard spot now, things will eventually become better. The comparison with the lonely star story is really nice and I honestly just love how hopeful the tone and atmosphere were during that scene. Contrasting that with the future where things are indeed better for her is a really nice touch.

Soundtrack was amazing this episode.

Overall, a beautiful OVA series and the very first episode of it got me to read the manga. So now I'm expecting great things from the anime series airing in Fall. You better knock it outta the park Wit.
9/10
Sep 9, 2017 9:40 PM

Apr 2017
"Drawn with a painful yet regretful memory.."

The least two parts tells the most valuable storytelling between Chise's background story when the time where she grief more than sorrowful pain living in her own place right before she get drawn to the spectacular beacon of light that shines glorious and have peaceful moments inside to the library who haven't been exist through decays. Chise gain and also got her own picture book to read until she lately found out what lies in depths of hidden dark secret between the master inside of the library and the former who got borrowed by someone. And that is how it got conclude when Chise manage to return the book all by herself to the real owner and received a geniunely inner thoughts as she mentioned her rightful name and shows how endearing it was to get your fragments sooner be fixed from it's fragile state. Seeing how she remembers the book she left, At once when you read the first part of it's story, until it end. You'll be deep down gazing much more valuable things to choose what lies takes you to the new beginning and very highly broad ending of your new chapter.

10/10

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 10, 2017 12:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Brilliant and wonderful OVA prequel series and finale episode, to sum it all up.
Chise successfully delivering the book back to Mayumi and Mayumi's emotional remark to Chise's name was sweet and really emotional, especially when Chise those shed bitter tears. Chise is indeed a beautiful name.
On the other hand, it seems as though one's age is ceaseless inside the library and it was heartfelt to know that he let her out of the ilbrary willingly. Miura's conversation with Chise under the flickering and beautiful stars was great and I'm just glad that Miura wished her the best of life ahead and played the anchor role to keep her alive in more than one way.
It was hideous and disgusting to see those two kids elating celebrations once Chise left but it was expected given their attitudes to Chise already. I wish they would take a hint though, like seriously.
Like always, the Soundtrack and the most exhilarating Animation was top-notch. If there was anything that this prequel show excelled in than most anime out there, it would be the Animation and that goes without saying. Storyline and character development of the prequel series was great too but it was really brought into the daylight thanks to the mesmerizing Animation, in particular.
9/10 to the OVA series and I can't wait for Fall 2017 to make its entrance. Mahoutsukai no Yome is my most anticipated anime among the upcoming ones, even more than those including Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3, One Punch Man Season 2 and even the Eureka Seven(my favorite anime) movie trilogies, and this ova series is the main reason for it. Hopefully, Studio Wit will live up to the hype and exceed our expectations. Can't seriously wait!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 10, 2017 1:54 AM

Jun 2016
Everything in this episode and generally in this OVA was incredible.
Everything is beautifully drawn. This is probably the best usage of color palette I've ever seen in an anime. The sound effects and the calm background music accompanying the animation are incredibly fitting.
The whole show has a fantasy theme in it which draws you in and makes you want to see more.
I hope the main series does even better than the OVA!Definitely gonna watch it.

Sep 10, 2017 2:39 AM
Dec 2012
Ahh this was good. Loved the overall vibe. Beautiful visuals, music & storytelling.
I'm even more excited for the TV anime now ・ω・
Sep 10, 2017 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
This was a spectacular ending. Can't wait for the anime
Sep 10, 2017 3:17 AM

Jun 2016
i can't wait for the 24 episode...

the animation a good one.. definitely will be top 10 in this year...

damn ninja
Sep 10, 2017 5:02 AM

Jul 2012
Finally the last episode, that was a really nice conclusion and one of the happy memories of Chise's childhood. Was really happy to see Silky, she is such a sweet character.
It was nice to see a little prequel story and it was new, just before the season starts! Overall 9/10
Sep 10, 2017 7:13 AM

Apr 2015
This episode was both sad and beautiful in the same way. ~

I'm all hyped for the anime.

5/5
Sep 10, 2017 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
Narratively good narrative for the situations I saw and for their truthfulness, I hardly held tears throughout the episode. Really melancholic, but also sweet the finale of this story. Good work done by Studio WIT, I look up to the TV series.

7.5/10
Sep 10, 2017 8:00 AM

Jun 2016
So, Miura-san's been in the library for I-don't-know-how-long years that the lady who owns the book is now an old lady. :O Miura-san's memory, though. Freaking tree branch impaled him. Haha. I should stop.

At least, we already know that Chise's already living a happy life with her friends and Elias-san just like my baby Takashi Natsume. Hehe.

I liked it a lot especially the quality of its animation. Wit Studio did it again, folks! Can't wait for the TV series now. Ugh. So stoked!

8/10 :D

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 10, 2017 8:10 AM

Jul 2015
A year already passed since the first episode, time sure flies.

Pretty neat conclusion to this story, I don't like much Natsume so no idea if I will like the main TV anime of this one, but I will try it out for sure nonetheless.
Sep 10, 2017 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
My god, the visuals and the soundtrack for this show continues to be top notch. 10/10 for those two elements alone.

And with the action from the first two episodes, we had a seemingly epilogue episode to explain the house and of Chise's one happy experience during her tragic past. The librarian having been stuck in that space for around a century, finally makes good on his promise, and before the lady passed on too.

Seeing the granny hug Chise was really uplifting. Am pretty sure that without it, she may not have ended up at Elias' place in the end.

And yes, like all of you, I'm so excited for the upcoming TV season length adaptation.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 10, 2017 10:06 AM

Jan 2011
I can not wait to watch the tv series. Even with the long breaks between each episode, the installments were all so good that I remembered everything as soon as the episode began. Really can't wait to dive into this.
Sep 10, 2017 11:26 AM

Aug 2016
Beautiful art, Beautiful Story, Can't wait for the full series! 10/10
Nanika ga Okashii
Sep 10, 2017 11:36 AM

Jun 2012
Soothing indeed.

Just the lilting voices and the cool soundtracks and SE tune get the best of it.
Sep 10, 2017 11:52 AM

Jun 2017
I watched this as the episodes released but it was still awesome, they especially nailed the colors and the soundtrack. If you liked this you'll definitely like the TV version as well. Manga is pretty far ahead so we should be getting an awesome filler free 24 episodes run.

Sep 10, 2017 11:57 AM
May 2016
I'm looking forward to the series as well. Overall though the ova was very touching though and I really enjoyed it (it gave me a bit of nostalgia lol).
Sep 10, 2017 12:01 PM
Jul 2015
Now that all 3 have been released...
This definetely gave me chills and tears throughout. The animation and soundtrack are simple beautiful. The attention to detail..just everything ! Miura-san was portrayed fantastic ! So many emotions !

Onward to the series !
Sep 10, 2017 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
Really nice OVA before the TV series. Liked the music in the credits too
Sep 10, 2017 5:39 PM
Feb 2016
This anime has potential o.O I can't wait!!! 24e >.<
Sep 11, 2017 2:00 AM

Jul 2014
Well, after how good these 3 episodes have been, I have to say I'm extremely hyped for the upcoming TV series, which could very well be one of the best shows of the season. Until then, these 3 episodes told an interesting and compelling story with an excellent atmosphere, and who knows how good 24 episodes of it can be?

9/10
Sep 11, 2017 5:39 AM
Sep 2017
I have not read the manga series yet but this anime reached the bottom of my heart, specially, this episode. It reminds me of Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service all together. Watching this episode made me feel like a child again somehow. Like that "butterflies on stomach" feeling when I watched Star Wars, Harry Potter and Spirited Away for the first time. I loved it.
Sep 12, 2017 6:16 AM

May 2012
I forgot most of what happened in last two ova because it has been long time

I did not like this 3rd OVA much. All what happened in this part is that man who stuck in library died and he want to give the book to his girlfriend and she old now. The whole episode can be summarized in just one sentence.

I also forgot about that dead guy who was stuck in library. I don't know who he was This what happens when it takes 1 year to release just 3 episodes.
Sep 12, 2017 11:42 AM

Dec 2015
Beautiful art, nice music and a great bittersweet story. Can't wait for the TV series.
Sep 12, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2009
So many years have passed! The girl was already old when the book was returned.
Looking forward to the new series!
Sep 12, 2017 3:22 PM

Dec 2015
Talk about disappointing, she just gave the book to the old woman and that was it. Little Chise was as unlikable and annoying of a character as it gets. 6/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 12, 2017 5:11 PM

Aug 2016
With the gaps between episodes, it's hard to remember all the details.

How did Chise and Elias meet ?? I thought that would have been show in this episode.

Can't wait for the anime :3
Sep 13, 2017 4:37 AM

Apr 2012
Smudy said:
This episode reaffirmed my liking for Yuuichi Nakamura, him speaking with a calm voice fits to the series perfectly i think, i had goosebumps during the sequence where the two lied down looking at the stars. Was really beautiful.

Just a heads up that Miura was voiced by Sakurai Takahiro, not Yuuichi Nakamura ;)
Sep 14, 2017 5:04 AM
Jun 2015
So glad I waited to watch until all 3 parts were out! Simply amazing! Crossing my fingers that the show itself doesn't drop in quality once it airs.
Sep 15, 2017 7:29 AM

Jul 2016
It was a beautiful side story, animation and the sounds were nonchalantly beautiful. Can't wait for the tv adaptation.
Sep 16, 2017 3:45 PM

May 2015
Nice final OVA and pretty nice prequel OVA series overall. I look forward to the TV series.

8/10.

Sep 16, 2017 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
7/8. Good OVA. Maybe could like even more if I could read decent amount of chapters. But this will help me to increase HYPE power for TV show. Great visual/art feels like a reading a show but I hope TV series will be even more spectacular one! Expect to be in the top 5 list of 2017.

Sep 17, 2017 12:17 AM

Oct 2008
The OST is wonderful as well as the visuals!
gotta wait for the Sequel in October!
4/5.
8/10.

Sep 17, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2010
Is anyone knows how angelica knows about that book and send her?
Sep 17, 2017 4:22 PM
Aug 2017
It was beautiful. I loved how she was told that she had a beautiful name.
But just this love for books which connects people made me tear up.
Just so great
Sep 17, 2017 10:58 PM

Mar 2015
Huh poor Miura, we find out exactly how long he was trapped in that library for - after finding out that the library was his prison in the first place!

I assume this OVA is prepping us somewhat for the upcoming TV series? If so, can't wait! I'm enjoying the main four - Elias, Chise, Ruth and Silky and it ought to be fun to watch their continued interactions!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 19, 2017 3:52 AM
Oct 2015
Nice little prequel to get things started up, looking forward to the actual series soon
Heckle was here...
Sep 22, 2017 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
Very good prequel, I hope the anime maintains the quality level. The story, animation and soundtrack were great!
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

180 by tsuunaami »»
Mar 13, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

81 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 6, 2023 10:15 PM

» Am I the only one who finds this creepy?

ChrisHanson - Jan 18, 2017

26 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 13, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Is it just me or is this way better than the main series?

dc22 - Jan 10, 2018

9 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 13, 2023 2:50 PM

» What order do I watch this

Bunniedoll - Jun 23, 2021

9 by little_raven »»
Aug 12, 2022 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.