Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 9, 2017 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, this episode focused on the gamble game between Jabami and Kaede.

Kaede felt pretty confident he'd win but Jabami had her fun as expected. I think one thing interesting about this episode is that the masked girl decided to be the dealer. Pretty thrilling episode.

I love the reaction faces as usual especially from Jabami.
Sep 9, 2017 6:30 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The faces in the episode are nice. We will see how the gambling ends in the next episode. So far as expected, they slowed the pacing a bit.

Sep 9, 2017 8:07 AM
Jun 2011
Pipe said:
The faces in the episode are nice. We will see how the gambling ends in the next episode. So far as expected, they slowed the pacing a bit.
next episode we will know for sure if the season will end at that point as we expected
Sep 9, 2017 11:07 AM

Sep 2016
they censored every single middle finger gesture this is so retarded
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 9, 2017 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
That was intense, time for Yumeko's comeback!
Sep 9, 2017 2:12 PM

Jun 2015
The reaction faces are good as usual. Yumeko lost against Kaeda and Itsuki was given a choice to choose one of them. She chose Yumeko because she didn't like being Kaeda's pawn. The match continues next episode.
Sep 9, 2017 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Seeing confident Kaede was, I was waiting for Yumeko to destroy him. Its good that Sumeragi sided with Yumeko, her speech about risking it all to get to the top was quite persuasive.

Sep 9, 2017 2:28 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Good episode.

I'm liking the game, simple rules, no bullshittery, poker.

Manyuda is glorious, he's an analytical type and Sugita fits really well for this role.
Sep 9, 2017 2:41 PM

Jun 2014
The masked girl's voice sounded.....interesting.

Yumeko is in a tight position right now but Sumeragi is going to help her out. It looks like we'll see a comeback in the next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 9, 2017 2:48 PM

Jul 2016
Another intense match, but over different reasons. Yumeko's match with Manyuda keeps more interesting to watch as it continues. Next week's episode will hopefully have a really fulfilling conclusion for the match

Sep 9, 2017 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
This went quite well, and I'm getting more used to Gintoki's voice on Manyuda. lol But another enjoyable episode overall, and it didn't feel as skipped or rushed as the last one (which made it rather disappointing to me).

thebrentinator24 said:
The masked girl's voice sounded.....interesting.

I actually thought she sounded like a man.
Sep 9, 2017 3:10 PM

Nov 2016
The show is back on track, pretty nice episode.

Kaede is a cunning guy and the first one to know how to read Yumekos habit right.

And although this was more of a warm up game and he didn't go all out yet, this episode did a good job at setting up his character and strenghts.

The next round is definitely going to be very intense.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 9, 2017 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
What the fuck is wrong with that masked girls voice
Sep 9, 2017 3:13 PM
Jun 2016
lmao They gave the vice president a fucked up voice, alright.

Kaede has always been my most favorite student council member even though he's a prick. Way to give him the spotlight.
Sep 9, 2017 3:26 PM
Sep 2015
The masked girl's voice is that weird because it is obviously being modified via computer. With this and the mask, I think it's safe to assume she is a famous person and just doesn't want to be recognized. (Some kind of celebrity perhaps?)
Sep 9, 2017 3:36 PM

Mar 2016
Really interesting episode with the choice poker game...but Manyuda is different than the other opponents Yumeko has gone up against

The key to this whole episode is a short 3-5 second scene that everyone seems to be glossing over and that is the scene with the student council prez walking into a meeting...eerie and it's sure to be a key to the ending of this story
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 9, 2017 3:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I kinda want to play this type of poker IRL now lol

Still, I'm glad that Jabami is going up against him again because I wanna see this prick lose....I respect his analytical skills but his superiority complex and pompous nature is annoying af
Sep 9, 2017 4:14 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Jabami vs Manyuda.
Sumeragi giving Yumeko another chance to play. LETS GO!!!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 9, 2017 4:28 PM

Feb 2016
Isn't the series short? It is only 12-episode. It will probably end when Jabami-chan and the president are about to start their yuri love showdown.

At next episode, the calculating shonen will be another foothold of Jabami's to reach out the president. I wonder when she returns back from the meeting and finds out that all the council members have gone down before Jabami; will she feel naked against the gamble crazy lover?
Sep 9, 2017 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
So they voiced the vice president like. Hmmm. I was curious about how anime will handle that.

Good episode but

GangsterCat said:
they censored every single middle finger gesture this is so retarded
Sep 9, 2017 6:29 PM

Oct 2010
Probably all part of her plan. He thought he read through her with the first bet, but in actually she spent her 41 chips to read through him. This next episode is gonna be b@ller.

Also VP sounds like a man wtf
Sep 9, 2017 6:46 PM

Jan 2011
most enjoyable match so far

kinda don't wanna know whats under Vice Prez's mask after hearing that voice lol didn't think she would ever talk though
Sep 9, 2017 7:51 PM

Apr 2015
That fucker talks too much.

A bit more enjoyable than the previous episodes I think, but wasn't really likable. It's different for me
Sep 9, 2017 7:51 PM

Oct 2016
In the first hand, Yumeko bet two-thirds of all her chips on... fuck all? The guy could've had a pair and she would've lost.
Sep 9, 2017 8:23 PM

Jan 2013
Vice President's voice threw me off...and it looks like Switch is the final boss this season at this rate
Sep 9, 2017 8:31 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Like the simple game this time around and it was pretty interesting to watch. Manyuda might be Jabami's hardest opponent till date.

Loved how Jabami got Sumeragi to support her by putting her on point and calling her out in the middle of the game.
Sep 9, 2017 9:23 PM

Dec 2016
That is a rather interesting way to play poker.

Jabami as brilliant as ever, losing on purpose and getting Sumeragi on her side to give her all those chips.

Next episode should be great again.
Sep 9, 2017 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
Okay so like... does anyone here know what chapter of the manga next episode will be based on?

I've only really read volume one, and I've avoided looking up chapters for spoilers thus far. But the preview for next weeks episode looks pretty damn intense. (I think I saw some blood??)

Anyhow, now I'm curious and I'd love if anyone could tell me the manga chapter for next episode.
Sep 9, 2017 9:36 PM

Jan 2015
Yumeko really see through Sumeragi's hidden "ambition". And Yumeko doing the right thing at the right time for calling her to the stage.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 9, 2017 9:53 PM

Feb 2009
Jeez Yumeko may be a slave to gambling, but she doesn't gamble blindly that's for sure!!

Sep 9, 2017 10:43 PM
Jan 2015
Manyuda is a bit of an ass with his superiority complex and what not, but he's doesn't seem as much of an ass as some of the other characters in the series. i actually kind of like him, maybe he'll reevaluate himself a bit after this upcoming L he's probably going to take.
-MahesvaraSep 9, 2017 10:47 PM
My Queens

Sep 9, 2017 11:01 PM
Jun 2016
LukesYGOonYT said:
Jabami as brilliant as ever, losing on purpose and getting Sumeragi on her side to give her all those chips.

Doubt she lost on purpose.

RealmOMFG said:
Okay so like... does anyone here know what chapter of the manga next episode will be based on?

I've only really read volume one, and I've avoided looking up chapters for spoilers thus far. But the preview for next weeks episode looks pretty damn intense. (I think I saw some blood??)

Anyhow, now I'm curious and I'd love if anyone could tell me the manga chapter for next episode.

This ended on a part of chapter 25 (basically halfway through), and is continuing from there.

I just noticed, but they skipped something that I hope gets adapted later on and won't be skipped like how they did with a part of Yumemi's. They also are basically censoring all middle-finger indication. lol
Sep 9, 2017 11:23 PM
Jun 2011
4Dissinity said:
LukesYGOonYT said:

RealmOMFG said:

This ended on a part of chapter 25 (basically halfway through), and is continuing from there.

I just noticed, but they skipped something that I hope gets adapted later on and won't be skipped like how they did with a part of Yumemi's. They also are basically censoring all middle-finger indication. lol
i think they skipped it to end the season in the end of the next gamble which will be perfect stopping point
Sep 10, 2017 12:35 AM

May 2015
dannymilk said:
Vice President's voice threw me off...and it looks like Switch is the final boss this season at this rate

Lol, nice SKET Dance reference.

Sep 10, 2017 12:57 AM
Jul 2017
Her voice literally sounds like it's being modified, no one else heard it? Sounds robotic.
Sep 10, 2017 1:41 AM

May 2015
Too much backstory chatter, not enough gambling. Manyuda is certainly a more interesting gambling opponent though. But of course Yumeko is just going to wipe the floor with him next episode...right?
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:42 AM
Sep 10, 2017 2:00 AM
Jun 2016
elior1 said:
4Dissinity said:

i think they skipped it to end the season in the end of the next gamble which will be perfect stopping point

Understandable, but it'd still add a bit of extra depth for him. Shows his determination more of being the president. Pretty much the same for Yumemi in how strongly she wanted to reach her goal if they hadn't skipped that extra bit of hers.

Follycolie said:
Her voice literally sounds like it's being modified, no one else heard it? Sounds robotic.

Of course we heard it, man.

Tarotist said:
Too much backstory chatter, not enough gambling.

Can understand the gripe, but this sort of thing is how it usually goes in gambling anime/manga, or at least as far as I remember.
Sep 10, 2017 2:48 AM

Jun 2010
I do love just how faithfully this series has been adapted thus far, Manyuda makes for a very intimidating analytical opponent. Itsuki's involvement in the game and seeing her connection with Manyuda just sweetened the pot, so to speak. Can't wait to see the conclusion of the game, it's going to be so good!

Looking at the episode count however, I'm a bit unsure as to how they're going to cap off this season. I was under the impression that they'd leave it at the next game's conclusion before I started watching the series, but not that we only have two episodes left I wonder if there's really time for that? Should be interesting to see how they handle it.

PS: Vice President having a voice synthesizer was the only sensible way to voice the character. All shall be revealed soon.
Sep 10, 2017 3:27 AM
Apr 2017
Quite a pleasant turn, finally someone who gets her. 5/5
Sep 10, 2017 3:40 AM
Oct 2015
The voice of the vice president doesn't sound right at all, besides that I like choice poker nice and simple, and the best part is, I understood the rules instantly.
Heckle was here...
Sep 10, 2017 6:18 AM

Jan 2016
The ending was E P I C
Sep 10, 2017 6:24 AM

Dec 2015
Pretty sure Yumeko had it all thought out, she wanted Sumeragi to firmly pick which side she was on.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 10, 2017 6:38 AM
Jul 2017
The soundtrack to this series is amazing.

This is still one of my top 3 favorite series this season, but every time they move the focus away from Jabami it gets a little weaker.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Sep 10, 2017 7:16 AM
Nov 2016
I so want Yumeko to beat Manyuda's obnoxious ass.

Time for Yumeko to get back in the ring.
Sep 10, 2017 7:25 AM

Jan 2014
Lol damn the ending was kind of intense. I like how it slowly built up to her giving MC 100 chips. Dayum.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 10, 2017 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
Literally can't wait for the next episode!!
Sep 10, 2017 8:03 AM

Jun 2014
at the end, for a moment I heard Sumeragi was actually saying, "kaizoku oni, ore wa naru!" (I want to be the Pirate King!) lol
Sep 10, 2017 8:28 AM
Mar 2016
cant wait to see the next episode. i hope theres a season two in the near future
Sep 10, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2016
I liked this episode. Idk where this gambling is gonna go, but I'm having a feeling it'll take a wild turn then Jabami will win (as always). Haha.

Ugh. I really wanna see Jabami and the President to fight each other. Gaaah. Can't wait!

I know Kaede's a massive asshole, but I like him. Waah. He's cute. Hahaha.

Miyukichi's the one voicing the Vice President. Fuck fuck fuck. I love Miyukichi so much. I can't believe she's voicing two of the Kakegurui characters. Damn, girl. Slay me! Haha!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 10, 2017 8:45 AM

Jun 2015
Smudy said:
Good episode.

I'm liking the game, simple rules, no bullshittery, poker.

Manyuda is glorious, he's an analytical type and Sugita fits really well for this role.

This, finally a clean simple game,really enjoyed this episode. If only the other games would have been same(too much bullshit, too much cheating boring), the series could have been more enjoyable.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

183 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

215 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 10:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.