Forum Settings
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 12:00 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Welp, best girl wins.

Sep 9, 2017 1:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... that was pretty sudden and massive at the same time
Sep 9, 2017 3:09 AM

Nov 2011
Finally, after 140 chapters. This was the sort of ending to a story arc that I looked forward to.
Sep 10, 2017 4:26 AM
Apr 2015
I have read the entirety of Negima 3 times and i would rate it as my favorite work of fiction in any format but was always saddened by the lack of a true ending. This chapter of UQ Holder is the ending that the original series deserved and when i read it i quite seriously cried tears of joy throughout the last half of the chapter. Though Negi's choice in who to be with in the end is not my first choice it is however the best one. The added bonus of Nagi and Eva ending up together was something that i had wanted to see for a long time. I will state simply to wrap it up that this is in my opinion the single greatest chapter of any manga i have ever read.
Sep 11, 2017 3:47 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm, is Kirie related to Chisame, then? I always thought that Kirie was the analog to Chisame from the first series.
Same personality, same character development, and even similar appearances. Hell, I even ended up thinking of both as best girls in the same fashion.

And, as it turns out, Chisame might be Kirie's grandma or something like that. Fitting I guess.

But yeah, moving on with the main story!
Sep 12, 2017 4:25 PM
Sep 2015
Eva married👍👍👍😭this impossible I was shocked after seeing the wedding picture and said that Eve deserved this end
Sep 20, 2017 4:48 AM

Mar 2009
With this chapter making Negima complete I can re-read it for the 3rd or 4th time =D

//edit: I found some new version of Negima on MangaLife, translation different. Q_Q what to re-read now. Saw somewhere that thanks to UQ Holder manga, Negima also got a reprint.
SleepnDreamnSep 20, 2017 7:20 AM
Sep 24, 2017 12:56 PM
Mar 2009
Negi and Chisame have no chemistry whatsoever. This came out of left field and felt forced due to Ken's apparent obsession with Naru from Love Hina. I am glad to have finally received a proper conclusion to Negima, even if it was still somewhat abridged. I just can't accept the fact that Negi didn't marry Nodoka or even one of the many other girls that showed interest in Negi.
Sep 27, 2017 4:27 AM
Dec 2013
LordDemitri said:
Negi and Chisame have no chemistry whatsoever. This came out of left field and felt forced due to Ken's apparent obsession with Naru from Love Hina.

Err...no. The latter half of the Negima manga definitely spent a lot of time building up Negi+Chisame, more than any other pairing. I'm sorry, but if you didn't see this coming you were very willfully ignoring the direction the author was taking things in favor of your own ship.

That said, I'm still hoping for a Negi+Nodoka (and preferably even a harem with Yue) route in UQ Holder's timeline, if they can save them from Ialda.
Sep 29, 2017 5:12 AM

Sep 2013
LordDemitri said:
Negi and Chisame have no chemistry whatsoever. This came out of left field and felt forced due to Ken's apparent obsession with Naru from Love Hina. I am glad to have finally received a proper conclusion to Negima, even if it was still somewhat abridged. I just can't accept the fact that Negi didn't marry Nodoka or even one of the many other girls that showed interest in Negi.

You must have missed the entire Mundus Magicus arc if you believe the author didn't make it clear that Negi relied heavily on Chisame and, like all other girls, Chisame was also attracted to Negi.
Oct 4, 2017 12:49 AM

Sep 2008
soo...i was in chapter 136 happy after tota didn't have sex because of being an ignorant, then I forgot this manga like for 5 months...then the anime of UQ holder appeared so I remembered the manga and started reading those 4-5 chapters until here.....
I WAS NOT EXPECTING TOA AFTER ALL THIS TIME, WAY TOO SUDDENLY, I finally got the ending that Negima was going to get before ken had to end it suddenly, and oh boy, finally! Finally, I get it, I was so bothered by the last pages of the original manga since I had no idea how nagi got there, and oh boy, it was epic

...and Negi with Chisame, well after mars it makes a lot of sense, I mean I also loved the explanation that Nodoka and Yue gave "Asuna is more like a sister" and "she has feelings for Eva but not quite those feelings" those lines are what I needed to accept other girls (frankly almost any girl that went from had a chance, personally I was rooting for Asuna and Nodoka, but oh well)

honestly i even forgot for a second that this was UQ holder until the last pages, man, that ken, it took him ages and surely way more effort and planning to make sure his masterpiece that he spent so many years creating had the ending he wanted, damn, I cant really believe he made another manga just to tell the end that he wanted, and in a way that made sense for the current story of UQ holder, really, my respects to that guy

still, pretty mindblown by reading these chapters in a row, without expecting anything more than tota and kirie..now i cant sleep...and I cant any other manga or anime, 'cause they will just not be as epic as this...man GG ken, GG
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 3, 2017 6:12 PM
Apr 2015
Yes!!!
Every girl had great development but she had one of the best that happened subtly throughout the original series.

Kinda wish they gave more detail on Kaede, she was my favourite character (even though Chisame was best girl)
Nov 3, 2017 6:16 PM

Dec 2013
I’m so happy that we got to see of this stuff that was essential skipped in Negima.

Final battle felt slightly rushed but I still found it extremely enjoyable.

Negi and Chisame actually got married!

Not sure how I feel about Nagi and Evangeline getting married tho :/
Nov 12, 2017 12:04 AM

Apr 2009
I still find it weird that Ken seems to have just ignored Negi's mother.
Dec 4, 2017 2:48 PM
Feb 2017
Elderdrak3 said:
I have read the entirety of Negima 3 times and i would rate it as my favorite work of fiction in any format but was always saddened by the lack of a true ending. This chapter of UQ Holder is the ending that the original series deserved and when i read it i quite seriously cried tears of joy throughout the last half of the chapter. Though Negi's choice in who to be with in the end is not my first choice it is however the best one. The added bonus of Nagi and Eva ending up together was something that i had wanted to see for a long time. I will state simply to wrap it up that this is in my opinion the single greatest chapter of any manga i have ever read.
yeah totally agree with u im overjoved to see this the ending negima happy ending
Dec 4, 2017 2:54 PM
Feb 2017
Finally the ending i wait and hope this is the thing i want my happy yeah!!!!thanks ken u are great
Jan 19, 2019 6:16 AM

May 2007
I KNEW IT!!!!

Best girl wins....

I do feel sorry for Nodoka

Wow, after finishing Negima over five years ago, I finally get to see how it was suppose to end. I am quite pleased.

Now time to focus back on UQ Holder, that was all I needed to make me happy.
My anime list

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 192 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Feb 8, 2022

15 by HibiChika »»
Dec 31, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 150 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 149 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 7:07 AM

» Ending

Radtoter - Apr 24, 2022

13 by Radtoter »»
Dec 4, 2022 7:23 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 184 Discussion

zkl_ - Jun 8, 2021

15 by otakukid »»
Dec 3, 2022 11:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.