Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 10:24 PM
Jul 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WITH ALL THE SHIPPING GOING ON DAMN RIGHT THE CREATORS NEEDED TO CREATE THIS EPISODE YEAH BEST DAMN EPISODE ALL SERIES RIGHT AFTER EPISODE 10 when they FINALLY had that story arc end with Nina and Lion closer (they should've kissed back then haha) but YAS GO FORWARD LION AND THEN GOSH DAMNIT DRUNKEN NINA YAAASS. I always felt that Mahiro always was a good shipping pair for that orange haired girl. I mean I do believe it was curiosity but I just saw that pair coming straight out of the innocence sooner or later.
Sep 8, 2017 10:53 PM

Dec 2016
I knew Lion would be there the moment Nina was getting all happy mentioning about being alone.

I haven't had crab in a long time, I really need to try it again sometime, even if it's someone else like in this episode lol.
Yuri time.

Poor Mizuki, I saw that one coming from a mile away, her feelings are actually genuine and Yuko thinks it's because of the cake.

Only 1 episode to go.
LukesYGO_WSonYTSep 9, 2017 3:36 AM
Sep 8, 2017 11:38 PM

Jun 2011
The yuri came full force this episode and I love it.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Sep 8, 2017 11:48 PM

Apr 2009
somehow after everything that happened the lewdest thing this week was still when they animated the string of saliva between her top and bottom lip as she opened her mouth to eat the cupcake
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Sep 9, 2017 6:44 AM

Aug 2013
This is now a romance show.
Sep 9, 2017 7:40 AM

Jan 2016
If they use this episode as their first impression, I think this anime will get a lot of attention and will be rated more than 6.. maybe 7~
Sep 9, 2017 8:58 AM

Apr 2010
Well this looked a bit like a filler seems they where planning something for the final episode.
Anyway the seasons seems to have some interesting effects on the girls especially chocolate made in the oven that was hit by cupids arrow.
Which turned up the heat in the anime.
Mina's time alone was disturbed tho.
Sep 9, 2017 10:27 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAWAII >////<

i have my own chocolate bar for these girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 9, 2017 9:44 PM

Sep 2015
Someone finally turned on the Yuri settings this episode. HURRAY!

Now I'm curious what Nina's results would've been had she spent time researching her string theory inflation thing.
Sep 10, 2017 12:22 AM

Apr 2017
Wow... Yuri shipping, ACTUALLY THE FIRST I SEEN ONE SO PUNCTUATED. I mean it is so clear...

Nina x Lion, the shipping went so sweetttt...
Gosh, i hope they show us that kiss, seemingly mouth to mouth.

The second part also went great, Nina got DRUNK BY HER OWN ARROW XD. LOL'ed at Mahiro still eating that cupcake XD.

So far its the best episode, it is not bad at all, so i'm a bit surprised by its low rating.

I never enjoy yuri show this much XD.

PS : Seems Doga Kobo got some knack in designing orange haired girl with purple eyes. (Sakura chiyo and the one in plastic memories) And they're good at it.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 10, 2017 5:13 PM

Jan 2011
episode was lewd they unleashed the full yuri this time around in full force

Sep 10, 2017 7:38 PM

Oct 2008
Lion & Nina is truly inseparable!
5/5.

Sep 11, 2017 10:44 AM

Nov 2015
This is .... yuri.... maybe.
Hmm.. We need now, Slice of Life, Shoujo Ai tag...
Sep 11, 2017 7:55 PM

Jul 2015
OH BOY THAT KISS. And it wasn't just some half assed kiss on the cheek bUT FULL ON LIP TO LIP CONTACT (even if it was behind a curtain). I didn't think it could get better but BOY WAS I WRONG. Those love arrows really pack a punch AND THEY WENT PRETTY DANG FAR WITH IT.

We need more of this.

DON'T GIVE ME THAT IMPLIED YURI TRASH (I say that but I enjoy the hell out of it anyway), OR THOSE ONES THAT ARE WAY TO OPEN ABOUT THEIR YURI (You know, those ones that just go groping other girls and crap for no reason at all and tend to be really perverted like the older blond one) AND TRY TO HARD, No.

What I want is FULL... ON... ACCIDENTAL... GAY.

Best episode of the series. 10/10. AND I PLAN TO WATCH THIS EPISODE MULTIPLE TIMES.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 12, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2009
Lion and Nina are great! That kiss on news years was unexpected! Than that whole valentine part! Amazing!!! Nina was so in love that Lion did not know how to react lol
Sep 12, 2017 9:27 PM

Sep 2013
Perfect. If this was the entire show it would be a solid 10/10.
Sep 13, 2017 11:00 PM

May 2017
she's so gay for Mahiru lol no resistance at all

Best episode, cute and adorably funny
Sep 16, 2017 3:03 PM

Oct 2007
Did not expect the New Year kiss... maybe to the lips? Since Nina said it was her "first".
And I wonder how they created those 4 weird crabs they gave to the teachers. XD

5/5
Sep 23, 2017 3:48 PM

Oct 2007
DuoraDoll said:

Best episode of the series. 10/10. AND I PLAN TO WATCH THIS EPISODE MULTIPLE TIMES.

Same, have also watched this episode multiple times already. XD
Liddo-kunSep 23, 2017 4:03 PM
Oct 4, 2017 4:19 AM
Mar 2012
Real yuri kiss, beautiful romance.
canon ships
Mahiru
5/5
Nov 26, 2017 4:47 PM

Jul 2017
Out of all the anime I've experienced, this is quite literally the first time I've seen Yuri bait become a reality. My heart was not prepared for this.
Nov 29, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2011
Deym. Did not expect yuri go full throttle in this series. It was a load of fun to watch. I burst laughing at Lion's reaction.
Jan 7, 2018 6:58 AM

Mar 2010
DuoraDoll said:
OH BOY THAT KISS. And it wasn't just some half assed kiss on the cheek bUT FULL ON LIP TO LIP CONTACT (even if it was behind a curtain). I didn't think it could get better but BOY WAS I WRONG. Those love arrows really pack a punch AND THEY WENT PRETTY DANG FAR WITH IT.

We need more of this.

DON'T GIVE ME THAT IMPLIED YURI TRASH (I say that but I enjoy the hell out of it anyway), OR THOSE ONES THAT ARE WAY TO OPEN ABOUT THEIR YURI (You know, those ones that just go groping other girls and crap for no reason at all and tend to be really perverted like the older blond one) AND TRY TO HARD, No.

What I want is FULL... ON... ACCIDENTAL... GAY.

lol Beautifully written.

As much as I like the perverted yuri kind, I do admit this felt very refreshing compared to the usual. Seems like things are turning for the better in anime. And with Citrus starting too...
Jan 30, 2018 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
THAT FEELING WHEN A YURI BAIT TURNS YURI AND YOUR OTP BECOMES CANON..
OH TAKE ME YURI
Feb 1, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
After watching an episode of "Girls` Last Tour", an episode of Hina Logi is more than enough to raise my spirits. Lion's facial expressions were really nice during the episode. Now we are at the end, a little sorry that the series is over. :(
Apr 25, 2018 3:04 AM
Dec 2017
BEST EPISODE SO FAR!! NOW, I NEED MORE GAY MOMENTS..

okay I just remembered that theres only 1 episode left ._.
Oct 5, 2018 3:24 PM

Mar 2018
Eh, this is still just yuri bait. Prisma Illya goes a lot further, and even that one never goes full yuri. Also it's a magical girl/slice of life show as well (less focus on slice of life than this one though), so even in the same genre this isn't anything new. The kiss is just because of traditions, the second half is just because of love potions, nothing became canon.

Doesn't make it a bad episode. I just think it's overhyped, I had read that it went surprisingly far with yuri and it really didn't. The only reason for hype that I can see is people don't know where to look for yuri bait or something and therefore haven't watched Illya. (Or they don't like lolis, still doesn't change the fact that it went further long before Hina Logi did.)

Anyway, decent episode. One of the weaker ones though in my opinion. Love potions are a lame excuse for ship bait. I may just be salty because of people creating wrong expectations though.
Oct 7, 2018 8:07 PM
Oct 2018
Vogel100 said:
Eh, this is still just yuri bait. Prisma Illya goes a lot further, and even that one never goes full yuri. Also it's a magical girl/slice of life show as well (less focus on slice of life than this one though), so even in the same genre this isn't anything new. The kiss is just because of traditions, the second half is just because of love potions, nothing became canon.

Doesn't make it a bad episode. I just think it's overhyped, I had read that it went surprisingly far with yuri and it really didn't. The only reason for hype that I can see is people don't know where to look for yuri bait or something and therefore haven't watched Illya. (Or they don't like lolis, still doesn't change the fact that it went further long before Hina Logi did.)

Anyway, decent episode. One of the weaker ones though in my opinion. Love potions are a lame excuse for ship bait. I may just be salty because of people creating wrong expectations though.

Illya has zero romance, delete your post, the only thing Illya did were not romantic kisses, the "tradition" in Hina Logi was kissing the person you love the most in new year, so the reason for the kiss was love, not an excuse, and the important part in the 2nd half was to confirm Lion is in romantic love with Nina by reacting positively to Nina making advances on her, then finish it with the reveal that Nina also made Valentine's chocolate for Lion, to which Lion responds she loves Nina too.

The whole thing is romantic, don't compare both shows ever again.
Oct 7, 2018 10:03 PM

Mar 2018
SophieTwilight said:
Vogel100 said:

Illya has zero romance, delete your post, the only thing Illya did were not romantic kisses, the "tradition" in Hina Logi was kissing the person you love the most in new year, so the reason for the kiss was love, not an excuse, and the important part in the 2nd half was to confirm Lion is in romantic love with Nina by reacting positively to Nina making advances on her, then finish it with the reveal that Nina also made Valentine's chocolate for Lion, to which Lion responds she loves Nina too.

The whole thing is romantic, don't compare both shows ever again.

This is absolutely wrong. Miyu's main motivation throughout the show is romance. If non-romantic kisses bother you, you can ignore everything after season 1 and I'll still say it goes further. Maybe you should watch episode 10 again if you don't remember.

I've already accounted for Lion being confirmed to love Nina. Something that Prisma Illya already did long ago with Miyu. What makes these two different? In both shows, there's plenty of ship bait coming from Illya/Nina's side as well. When I look at the romance in this show, all I see is the same romance as in Illya, except flipped because here it's the Illya-type who loves the Miyu-type instead of the other way around.

Don't underestimate Illya just because of fan service. It has a lot more to offer than that. I'd like to hear how the end of Hina Logi is different from the end of Illya season 1 (9+10+OVA). There's more yuri than that in other seasons, but let's keep it simple and only compare the final three episodes of season 1.
Dec 16, 2018 2:06 AM

Oct 2007
Jan 31, 2021 8:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yuri kiss??? best episode from this show, but too bad they "censored" the kiss
Mar 31, 2021 1:16 PM

Feb 2020
That yuri kiss was soo cute! I loved the whole episode so much. :3

SerafosJun 12, 2022 10:38 AM
Sep 15, 2021 2:11 AM

Feb 2021
I thought episode 10 was something special, but wow this episode was spectacular! Nina x Lion was so wholesome!
Jun 14, 2022 7:37 AM

Feb 2020
Easily one of the best Valentine's Day episodes of all time. All that yuri was really sweet. I loved all the moments between Lion and Nina. They are so cute together. <3

It's shame they "censored" the kiss scene. Blushing Nina was adorable. :3

"I love you." <3 Lion's reactions were hilarious. x3

Yayoi x Mahiro and Karen/Karin x Yayoi. <3
Aug 13, 2022 12:56 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. It feels kind of cozy them relaxing at New Year just being them 2 together.. I'm not against company, group, how it usually is.. But there's something different and nice with them celebrating just by themselves..
Em.. Was that kiss on the lips?.. ;P Well, I imagine for Lion it's probably innocent, and just a tradition of her culture.. But even then it still probably something for Nina.. Even if she understands that to Lion it might be just tradition.. Something like how it's norm now for girls to kiss each other on cheek when meeting, when some years ago it was strange..
Or another explanation - Lion saw kiss of her father with mother, and they explained it this way.. ;P
Feb 12, 2023 1:32 PM
Oct 2019
probably the gayest episode of any anime ive ever seen.
10/10
Sep 12, 2023 7:30 PM
Nov 2022
I was looking forward to this episode ^^
Though the valentine's portion is a little overdone in animé/manga, the first half was super sweet ♥

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

20 by Delphantasist »»
Aug 23, 2023 2:47 PM

Poll: » Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

51 by Delphantasist »»
Aug 17, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

42 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Apr 28, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

19 by Gendolfas »»
Aug 13, 2022 11:58 AM

Poll: » Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic Episode 9 Discussion

Wazefock - Aug 19, 2017

15 by Gendolfas »»
Aug 13, 2022 11:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.