Forum Settings
Forums

Whats the point of rating an anime that you've dropped?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 9, 2017 5:30 AM

May 2016
Because why not? Also there are many reasons to drop a show. I like to rate the ones that I didn't like and the ones that I lost interest in or didn't have time for are left blank.
Sep 9, 2017 5:57 AM

May 2017
Well, that's my way of expressing my disgust.

"We're all human. We all make mistakes sometimes.
Just don't make mistakes when lives are at stake."
~ Great-Grandmother Mikage, Gin no Saji

Sep 9, 2017 6:06 AM

Jun 2017
one of the reasons i would drop an anime is that if i gave up on it to go any better when it sucked , so i think it's alright to rate it depending on the episodes u've watched , but i can also drop an anime on first or second episode if i hated the concept so i don't rate these kind of animes . anyway ur right , i don't think people should rate an anime when they dropped it on first episode
Those who are hated that need to stay in a clique have to make the effort to eliminate the
factors that can be used against them. Don’t make mistakes, don’t show your blunders,
and don’t let your weaknesses be exposed; these three points are the most important.
They’re the same thing, aren’t they?
Despite that, showcasing off your perfection as an individual can be used against you as
well. That’s why, it’s important to not do anything. If you don’t do anything, nothing will
go wrong.
Also, don’t get involved with anyone.
-HACHIMAN-
Sep 9, 2017 6:45 AM

Nov 2014
I'm a big believer in rating dropped shows for a primary reason: I have an opinion about the show I dropped. Why should we have to sit through things we thoroughly dislike just so that we can voice our opinions?

Think of it like going to a restaurant and getting served rotten food. You complain to the chef and try to send the food back, but he says: "You have to eat the whole dish before you can say anything bad about it!" What sense does that make? You tried a few bites, you should be able to judge the quality of the dish as a whole. It's not like the outside is rotten, but the inside is some scrumptious masterpiece. Even if it was, would it be worth getting food poisoning to find out? I've probably taken this simile too far, but hopefully you get what I mean.

On a similar note, I feel really bad for people with a no-drop policy. If I had to finish every show I've ever watched, I'd probably give up on anime entirely.
Sep 9, 2017 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
Only 7-8 or none, 7-8 means simply i don't like it while none means i think it's really bad.
Sep 9, 2017 7:21 AM

Mar 2017
ad strikes back with recycled threads

I haven't dropped anything but if I did i'd def give it a final rating first
Sep 9, 2017 1:17 PM

Aug 2016
avory said:
EriitoSenshi said:
I agree with this topic, because when you drop an anime you're rating the part that you watched until you've dropped it, and this affects the rating of the WHOLE anime, which I think is unfair.

1. If a show fails to draw you in it's a failure of the show.
2. It doesn't take me 12 episodes to realise I hate love tyrant, it doesn't even take me one.

Not taking in the ratings of people that disliked the show so much they dropped it would make for an inaccurate representation of the response people had to the show, which is what the rating is, there will be other people that dislike it as much as the other people that dropped it so only taking in the scores of people that finished it also makes for an even more inaccurate prediction of what percentage people are gonna like it to what extent.
Only taking the scores from people that finished the show would basically be an artificial way of raising the rating, which is already happening with a bunch of shows that have sequels, since the only people watching a sequel are people that finished the original.

Although I would prefer an option for episode by episode rating, that'd also show where people dropped off and how many people skipped filler, and also a way to view rating based on wether people finished the show, or have it on hold, or dropped it.
I'd like any- and everything which gives more detailed information tbh.

Damn, I really never thought of it that way. You're definitely right :)
Sep 9, 2017 2:49 PM

Jul 2016
To differentiate between "Okay, but not really my cup of tea", "This was a waste of my time", and "This might've scarred me for life".
Roses are red, violets are blue
The words ahead are false
The words behind are true
Sep 9, 2017 3:00 PM
Jun 2017
To show your numerical thoughts on what you saw up until you dropped it. Like:

My score for Elfin Lied shows what I thought about the 5 or so episodes I watched.
Sep 9, 2017 3:05 PM
Jun 2017
EriitoSenshi said:
I agree with this topic, because when you drop an anime you're rating the part that you watched until you've dropped it, and this affects the rating of the WHOLE anime, which I think is unfair.
If you've seen half of the show, I think your score is accurate enough to rate.

Its not like your score is gonna jump from a 3 to a 7 based off one half of a show. If you can give me a example of a show that starts off a 2-3 then goes to a 7-8 (objectively) I'll say you're right
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

25 by Gator »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

44 by Gator »»
17 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

51 by Gator »»
18 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

29 by Ratris_Decision »»
18 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

87 by Gator »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.