Forum Settings
Forums

What do u consider the best anime fight ever?

New
Sep 8, 2017 10:46 AM

Jun 2009
I've been looking up youtube videos on anime fights, but i would like to see examples of what u call an epic fight. This could be a fight that lasts 10s or even 30 episodes (like Dragonball / One Piece).

I started watching anime cause of the big 3. Bleach overall wasnt the best anime out there, but the fights were top notch in my opinion. I can still remember parts of some fights, this might be cause of nostalgia, but i consider alot of fights in Bleach epic. For me the fight i just cant forget was Ichigo vs Ulquiorra. Especially near the end, when he became OP like Gon vs Pitou in Hunter x Hunter.

There are alot of good fights in anime, but if i had to pick one, this would be it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2017 11:01 AM
Sep 8, 2017 11:04 AM

Feb 2015
I'll admit, the Re:Zero waifu wars was a very good and classic one.
Sep 8, 2017 11:05 AM

Jul 2016
My favourite fight is Meruem vs Netero from Hunter x Hunter. I think the episode Zero and Rose is one of the best anime episodes ever and their fight is amazing, especially the ending.
Sep 8, 2017 11:05 AM

Oct 2013
My fav to this day is still the final battle between Yuji and Shana
Sep 8, 2017 11:07 AM

Mar 2017
pls goku vs frieza is the best anime fight even if it did take 547543 episodes
Sep 8, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
There are lot of amazing fights, just to name a few.

Luffy vs Rob Lucci/Crocodile
Ippo Makunouchi vs Takeshi Sendo/Ryuhei Sawamura
Mamoru Takamura vs Bryan Hawk/ David Eagle
Levi Squad and Eren vs Female Titan
Jabuki Joe vs Tooru Rikiishi/Jose Mendoza
Scar vs King Bradley
Rider vs Gilgamesh
Wilhelmina,Margery and Shana vs Sabrac
Shana vs Yuji
Joutarou vs Dio
Shinichi vs Gotou
Team Dai Gurren vs Anti Spiral

And also not really fights, but I like to put them in here too.

Seirin vs Touhou
Seirin vs Yosen
Karasuno vs Aoba Johsai
Karasuno vs Shiratoriza
Souma vs Kurokiba vs Hayama

Here's also a video of Luffy vs Rob

FMmatronSep 8, 2017 11:27 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 8, 2017 11:09 AM

Oct 2012
AbsoLx said:
My favourite fight is Meruem vs Netero from Hunter x Hunter. I think the episode Zero and Rose is one of the best anime episodes ever and their fight is amazing, especially the ending.

Definitely the best anime fight i have ever seen in my opinion.
choreography wise its probably the final fight of sword of the stranger
Sep 8, 2017 11:09 AM

May 2015
Ulquiorra vs Ichigo is up there among the best for me but it lasts a bit too much before the transformation and not enough afterwards, I still think is one of the most epic fights there are in anime which is also the best quality I still see in Bleach.

Best fight overall I'd go with Ippo vs Sendo. So much build-up, comebacks and counter-comebacks, plenty of characterization and personality put into it and a very satisfying conclusion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 11:11 AM
Jan 2017
I like Gon vs Hisoka and Gon vs Genthru a lot, and a few manga fights like Thorfinn vs Snake (it was like 4 panels but I loved the context to it). I also liked a good amount of fights in One Piece, too many to choose.
Sep 8, 2017 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
As kobikoba said above, I too have yet to see a better choreography/music/animation combination than what sword of a stranger did as its final fight.
Here it is for reference :

That thing is plain amazing.
ZefyrisSep 8, 2017 11:37 AM
Sep 8, 2017 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Pink Guy versus Prometheus was a really emotional and complex one. The dialogues, the camera angles, the pauses, the soundtrack, the coreography, everything screams masterpiece.

removed-userSep 8, 2017 12:01 PM
Sep 8, 2017 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
My favorite fight has probably got to be... Jotaro vs. Dio from JJBA Stardust Crusaders, just such an iconic fight tbh

Oh and not to mention the fight between Shirou and Archer (Emiya) in FSN UBW was very powerful, if anything his fight with Kirei in the Heaven's Feel movie is something I'm looking forward to seeing (also his fight with Berserker, HF has some iconic fights)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 8, 2017 11:24 AM
Jun 2017
the best will be goku ssb kioken X20 vs Jiren before his new form
Sep 8, 2017 11:27 AM

Jun 2017
well there are fights like naruto vs sasuke finale battle ,
ffinale battle of sword of the strange
shirou vs gilgamish was good as well as every fight with Gilgamish in it (anime : fate stay night UBW )
saitama vs boros from OPM
kaneki vs jason wasn't that bad as well
midoria vs todoroki or all might vs nomo
that's all i can think for now but that's my idea of an epic fight
Those who are hated that need to stay in a clique have to make the effort to eliminate the
factors that can be used against them. Don’t make mistakes, don’t show your blunders,
and don’t let your weaknesses be exposed; these three points are the most important.
They’re the same thing, aren’t they?
Despite that, showcasing off your perfection as an individual can be used against you as
well. That’s why, it’s important to not do anything. If you don’t do anything, nothing will
go wrong.
Also, don’t get involved with anyone.
-HACHIMAN-
Sep 2013
Sword of the stranger final fight was amazing.
Actually, i love most of fight scenes in fate/zero like saber vs lancer, or gilgamesh vs rider (it was short but really cool and effective)
also this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4OewLMeE58&t=150s
is just amazing (ufotable really know where to spend budget)

Mar 2015
Probably Araragi vs Kiss-Shot from the 3rd Kizu movie. The visuals were top notch and I've rewatched the fight multiple times, it's so entertaining.

Dec 2016
To me there's no contest, Goku vs Frieza is and will forever be the most thrilling, grandiose, epic clash in shonen history.

Many claim that is was too long and that hurt, but I think completely the opposite, it's record-breaking length was in fact one of the factors that contributed to its greatness, it wouldn't have been as exciting as it was hadn't been for it, it wouldn't have reached the same impact.
Sep 8, 2017 11:29 AM

Jan 2016
Zefyris said:
As kokikoba said above, I too have yet to see a better choreography/music/animation combination than what sword of a stranger did as its final fight.

We can close the thread now, the correct answer has been delivered.
Sep 8, 2017 11:32 AM

May 2017
Gintoki vs takasugi from gintama ,there are probably better fights then this but the one which does not involve any super magical powers and stuff just pure swordman ship than i don't think anything comes close to it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 11:34 AM
we back

Aug 2015
Best fight is the final battle between Naruto and Sasuke hands down.

I would post a video of just the actual fight, but all of them have shit overlays or distorted voices, so I'ma just post this lol.

Sep 8, 2017 11:39 AM

Jan 2017
Hunter x Hunter Chimera Ant Arc Spoilers Ahead

Komugi vs Meruem in Gungi

That was so sweet and had so much character development for Meruem. Yes it isn't an actual fight but we see Meruem get bested by a child, yet he is shown to be incredibly smart and more powerful than even Netero, the most powerful man in the world. We see a see of Meruem that most anime antagonists (especially "aliens" trying to enslave/eat all of humanity) aren't shown to have: a deep personality and a platonic love of who they are supposed to be killing. Even when this is done, it becomes the defining feature of the antagonist and the defect from their original side OR end up having to kill that person which leads them to insanity. None of this happens, instead Meruem (platonically) loves Komugi until their deaths. I have had stmt. for antagonists before but this was done in a fresh, new way and adds an under-appreciated depth to the Chimera Ant arc.
RunningShirtGuySep 12, 2017 12:18 PM
Sep 8, 2017 11:40 AM

Mar 2011
Zefyris said:
As kobikoba said above, I too have yet to see a better choreography/music/animation combination than what sword of a stranger did as its final fight.

This is one of the best if not the best fight scene.
Honestly the next two closest would be Saitama vs Boros and Spike vs Vincent
Sep 8, 2017 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
Rastamepas said:
Zefyris said:

This is one of the best if not the best fight scene.
Honestly the next two closest would be Saitama vs Boros and Spike vs Vincent

Aah I like spike vs vincent a lot as well, that thing was amazing, probably was my favourite fight for long years until I saw sword of the stranger. One punch man 's fights are fun and well animated, but a bit too over the top for me to appreciate them as much.

here we go !

ZefyrisSep 8, 2017 11:51 AM
Sep 8, 2017 11:43 AM
Aug 2016
Best fight so far.....

YorozuyaaaSep 9, 2017 3:11 AM
Sep 8, 2017 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
The final battle in the second Gurren Lagann movie... perhaps, dunno, I don't care for the fights themselves too often, you either make them really well animated, just pretty to look at or you make them realistic (and as far as I know, only one anime has realistic fights (that 100 years war one, the names escapes me.)) Either way did not watch it yet so I can't say much. Gotta say that JoJo has some great and creative fights but I only read the manga so it is hard to call it a favorite "anime fight" if I only experienced it in manga form.
removed-userSep 8, 2017 11:52 AM
Sep 8, 2017 11:44 AM
Aug 2016
Gintama anime has some cool fights. Search about em.
Sep 8, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2011
[quote=Zefyris message=52239227]
Rastamepas said:

Aah I like spike vs vincent a lot as well, that thing was amazing, probably was my favourite fight for long years until I saw sword of the stranger. One punch man 's fights are fun and well animated, but a bit too over the top for me to appreciate them as much.

Yea I could see that arguement. To me the over topness is what makes the fights well done because the whole show is like that so it's not jarring to go from not over the top to random over the top fights
Sep 8, 2017 11:59 AM

Apr 2017
Goku vs. Frieza. It is not so well-drawn, but I think this was the most important fight for all the action anime because from that fight people gained so much inspiration and started creating anime with epic fights. And you, yes you who want to quote me and hate, just to say I'm not a DBZ fanboy. I don't like DBZ so much. The only thing that connects me to DBZ is my childhood. I don't even watch Dragon Ball Super...
Sep 8, 2017 12:01 PM

Jan 2017
I have to agree with those who love the fight between Jotaro and Dio in Stardust Crusaders. that whole of JJBA part 3 was building up for that moment and I think it was great.

AbsoLx said:

Yes! that fight was just wow! That entire arc was fantastic and was an out of control emotional rollercoaster for me.
Sep 8, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2016
Oona_Shea said:
I have to agree with those who love the fight between Jotaro and Dio in Stardust Crusaders. that whole of JJBA part 3 was building up for that moment and I think it was great.

AbsoLx said:

Yes! that fight was just wow! That entire arc was fantastic and was an out of control emotional rollercoaster for me.

Meruem's development is extraordinary, one of the best antagonists in all entertainment I think. The Chimera ant arc really makes you think about the world we live in it's an absolute masterpiece by Togashi.
Sep 8, 2017 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
Heartcatch Precure team vs. Dune, full stop. The combination of battle-shounen-esque buildup with excellent animation, choreography, and intensity makes it a choice I don't even have to think twice about. From a purely technical standpoint there are definitely more impressive fights-- the best One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 fights come to mind-- but it's rare for roughly Sword of the Stranger tier technical quality (animation/choreography/etc.) to be combined with characters and a narrative I'm invested in.

I wouldn't recommend watching it as a one-off unless you're 100% you'll never watch Heartcatch Precure!. If that describes you though, the only place I've found that has the full fight (most youtube videos cut off the first half, presumably because of some extremely heavy spoilers) in good quality is in one of pretty rad's best Precure fights compilation videos.

That's my only clearly defined favorite, I guess. After that comes several others for various reasons, and the order isn't really set in stone. They include Netero vs. Meruem, Grand Princess Flora vs. Despair-Incarnate (Close), Naruto vs. Pain, Luffy vs. Blueno, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann vs. The Anti-Spiral, and Gon vs. Hisoka (tournament arc).

Oh yeah, Yasuri Shichika vs. Sabi Hakuhei too. Can't forget that one.
TripleSRankSep 8, 2017 12:17 PM
Sep 8, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2017
Gintoki vs Takasugi
Gintoki vs Utsuro

"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 8, 2017 12:14 PM

Jul 2017
AbsoLx said:

True. It was so epic. Pure greatness.
Sep 8, 2017 12:14 PM

Nov 2016
I'm not going to post any fights that have been mentioned before in this thread as that would be a waste of time since they're all awesome. I don't really have a favourite since there are so many amazing fights in anime. But here are a few more that you could count as worthy for the top spots:

• Akame vs. Esdeath (Akame ga Kill!) - loved that one... emotional for me
  • Saitama vs. Boros (One Punch Man) -Pretty good animation and a lit soundtrack
  • Revy vs. Roberta (Black Lagoon) -Best gunfight I've seen plus, who doesn't love two hot chicks shooting at each other? lol
  • Natsu vs. Gajeel (Fairy Tail) -for the haters :D. JK lol... good fight but not in the top
  • Guts' (Berserk) fights in general are nice too.

Sep 8, 2017 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
TripleSRank said:
Heartcatch Precure team vs. Dune, full stop. The combination of battle-shounen-esque buildup with excellent animation, choreography, and intensity makes it a choice I don't even have to think twice about. From a purely technical standpoint there are definitely more impressive fights-- the best One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 fights come to mind-- but it's rare for roughly Sword of the Stranger tier technical quality (animation/choreography/etc.) to be combined with characters and a narrative I'm invested in.

I wouldn't recommend watching it as a one-off unless you're 100% you'll never watch Heartcatch Precure!. If that describes you though, the only place I've found that has the full fight (most youtube videos cut off the first half, presumably because of some extremely heavy spoilers) in good quality is in one of pretty rad's best Precure fight compilation videos.

That's my only clearly defined favorite, I guess. After that comes several others for various reasons, and the order isn't really set in stone. They include Netero vs. Meruem, Grand Princess Flora vs. Despair-Incarnate (Close), Naruto vs. Pain, Luffy vs. Blueno, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann vs. The Anti-Spiral, and Gon vs. Hisoka (tournament arc).

Now that you mention Heatcatch Precure, the final fight between Haruka and Close in Go! Princess was honestly something impressive, very well done animation and the concept
I remember being so pumped up making gifs for that fight any other precure series after Go! Princess have not had any fights that have made me feel pumped up like that one

Aidoru-OjisanSep 8, 2017 3:17 PM

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 8, 2017 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
TripleSRank said:
That's the only one who trully matters, tbh.
Sep 8, 2017 12:48 PM

Dec 2015
Florida vs. Hurricane Irma is epic so far, currently seeing how that will go down
Sep 8, 2017 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
TripleSRank said:

I wouldn't recommend watching it as a one-off unless you're 100% you'll never watch Heartcatch Precure!. If that describes you though, the only place I've found that has the full fight (most youtube videos cut off the first half, presumably because of some extremely heavy spoilers) in good quality is in one of pretty rad's best Precure fight compilation videos.

Now that you mention Heatcatch Precure, the final fight between Haruka and Close in Go! Princess was honestly something impressive, very well done animation and the concept
I remember being so pumped up making gifs for that fight any other precure series after Go! Princess have not had any fights that have made me feel pumped up like that one

You might want to spoiler some of that description.

But yeah, that's why I included it in the grouping with my other favorites. It and Netero vs. Meruem would be the top contenders for my #2 spot, I think. The concept of the fight as both sides being undefeatable along with the exceptional animation and cinematography makes it very memorable as well. I still definitely prefer Heartcatch Precure vs. Dune though. The cinematography isn't as standout, but the choreography is much better and the battle generally feels more intense imo; they're both exceptionally well animated.

Although the series overall isn't particularly well animated/reliant on action as an appeal, Fresh has some surprisingly solid action in its finale (nowhere near Heartcatch or Go! Princess levels though, much shorter and generally less impressive overall). This segment was the highlight, if my memory serves.
TripleSRankSep 8, 2017 3:51 PM
Sep 8, 2017 1:03 PM
Apr 2014
Cliche answer but I'll go with the final Sword of the Stranger fight.
Sep 8, 2017 1:08 PM

Jan 2014
Uhh there are many i might not even remember some so i guess i'll name some that come to the top of my head.

Kakashi vs Obito
Naruto vs Sauske
Tatsuya Shiba vs Ichijou Masaki
Kirito vs Gleam Eyes
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Sep 8, 2017 1:12 PM

Dec 2012
Spike VS Vincent (Cowboy Bebop)
Balsa VS The Kings Assassins (Moribito)
Naruto VS Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
Naruto VS Sasuke rematch (Naruto Shippuden)
Granny Chio and Sakura VS Puppets (Naruto Shippuden)
Mirielle VS Kirika (Noir)
Linalee VS The Level 3 Eshi (D.Gray-man)
Nanoha and Fate VS The Book of Darkness (Lyrical Nanoha As)
KruszerDec 16, 2017 8:09 AM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 8, 2017 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
O man there are so many to think of, just randomly like

Scyred last fight
sword of the stranger
hunter x hunter, naruto, yu yu hakusho, kenshin stuff, can't forget one piece
birdy the decode, samurai champloo, etc. etc. etc. asuka fight in end of eva

But if I had to choose one right now It's probably Kakashi vs Obito. So good!

Music, choreography, emotion and time invested leading up to this point, to me this was really good, I mean they are telling a damn story within this fight itself tying the scenes with flashbacks, just really nice stuff. Naruto became a filler fest at some point but if there's anything naruto had done well when it wanted to was almost all of their well animated fights, they were all good. 1st hokage fight, sasuke vs orochimaru, sasuke vs naruto (not shippuuden), sakura vs puppet dude, sasuke vs killer bee, garra vs rock lee, madara vs everyone (LOL), etc. etc.
anonypcSep 8, 2017 2:31 PM
Sep 8, 2017 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
Probably wasn't the most intense but to me Lee Vs Gaara would be my best
Sep 8, 2017 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
Buccha vs Ikki

Never forget that sick Buccha special and Ikki's pole dash
Sep 8, 2017 2:20 PM

Nov 2016
Definitely the gun fight in Mars of Destruction when
That was a masterpiece of animation.
Sep 8, 2017 2:36 PM

Aug 2016
This is hard lol I have a lot, but I guess my favorites would be (One Piece and Naruto fight spoilers btw):
Sep 8, 2017 2:39 PM

Apr 2017
It's more of a slaughter than a fight but...

Sep 8, 2017 2:40 PM

Feb 2012
Black Sizzler army vs Space Monsters

A battle of such proportions that it couldn't even be animated. In my dreams it is the best fight of all time.
Sep 8, 2017 3:16 PM

Apr 2013
TripleSRank said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

Now that you mention Heatcatch Precure, the final fight between Haruka and Close in Go! Princess was honestly something impressive, very well done animation and the concept of Haruka teaching Close that Dreams and Despair need each other to exist was something amazing and held well to the overall theme of the series... I remember being so pumped up making gifs for that fight any other precure series after Go! Princess have not had any fights that have made me feel pumped up like that one

[im g]http://68.media.tumblr.com/26e6a65919be5fc5d7df8f09500654cf/tumblr_o1u7jvA4iq1s4qvrdo1_500.gif[/im g]

You might want to spoiler some of that description.

But yeah, that's why I included it in the grouping with my other favorites. It and Netero vs. Meruem would be the top contenders for my #2 spot, I think. The concept of the fight as both sides being undefeatable along with the exceptional animation and cinematography makes it very memorable as well. I still definitely prefer Heartcatch Precure vs. Dune though. The cinematography isn't as standout, but the choreography is much better and the battle generally feels more intense imo; they're both exceptionally well animated.

Although the series overall isn't particularly well animated/reliant on action as an appeal, Fresh has some surprisingly solid action in its finale (nowhere near Heartcatch or Go! Princess levels though, much shorter and generally less impressive overall). This segment was the highlight, if my memory serves.

Ah forgive me, I'll be sure to put spoilers for certain segments in my original post (I suppose the gif and the detailed explanation of the fight) might be a bit insensitive of me for those who are watching or desire to watch Go! Princess (hopefully) as I remember many precure series have had very exciting fights, Futari wa has a few fights that were animated very well and the said can be said for future series but out of all of them Heartcatch and Go! Princess are much more impressive, if anything they are the two precure series I would recommend to newcomers, just the emotion and animation put behind the fights are very intriguing. I'm enjoying Kira Kira right now but sadly I don't feel as invested with the series as I was with Go! Princess :/

Ascended Taste
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

57 by mo_lave »»
8 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

98 by FFandMMfan »»
12 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

55 by Shizuna »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 16

15 by KayKimii »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 16

12 by KayKimii »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.