Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Should I still watch Death Note even though I got spoiled? Is it still worth it?

New
Sep 7, 2017 1:57 PM

Aug 2017
Hey guys! Fellow nooby here. In other words, I have less experience with watching anime haha. Anyways, is it even worth it to watch? A long time ago, someone in my class spoiled the ending for me :/
Is is worth my time and investment to watch?

I mean like cmon, I know what happens

Sep 7, 2017 1:58 PM

Feb 2013
yea sure why not

journey not destination etc

Oct 2012
Yes, there's nothing like Death Note,. You have to watch it just for the unique experience

Apr 2017
das wut happened to me so i never watched it. I instead watched a different animated tv show about two intelligent people engage in mind games

Spy vs. Spy
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Sep 7, 2017 1:59 PM

Jul 2014
Go for it. Even though it's spoiled for you, Death Note should still be at least somewhat entertaining.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Sep 7, 2017 1:59 PM

Mar 2011
Thread has been moved to correct series board
Sep 7, 2017 2:00 PM

Apr 2016
If you like pretty boys obsessed with each other go for it.
Sep 7, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2017
Spike-senpai said:
Hey guys! Fellow nooby here. In other words, I have less experience with watching anime haha. Anyways, is it even worth it to watch? A long time ago, someone in my class spoiled the ending for me :/
Is is worth my time and investment to watch?

I mean like cmon, I know what happens

of course you have to watch death note , its just a great anime imo ,np if you got spoiled i think you'll enjoy the story anyway xD
Sep 7, 2017 2:09 PM

Aug 2017
koolkai123 said:
das wut happened to me so i never watched it. I instead watched a different animated tv show about two intelligent people engage in mind games

Spy vs. Spy

How is Spy vs. Spy?

Sep 7, 2017 2:16 PM

Apr 2017
Spike-senpai said:
koolkai123 said:

Spy vs. Spy

How is Spy vs. Spy?

I'd compare it to a more elaborate tom and jerry. It has good slapstick and is quite well thought out. I especially love how black spy is more laid back than white spy and I just wrote a paragraph about spy vs. spy...
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Sep 7, 2017 2:16 PM

Apr 2017
I also got spoiled but it's one of my top 5 anime ever .. it's really worth watching even with the spoilers

Swagernator said:
If you like pretty boys obsessed with each other go for it.

What's your problem with gay people and fujoshis ? lol .. can I hear a convincing answer from you ?
S-quare22Sep 7, 2017 2:21 PM

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Sep 7, 2017 2:19 PM

Aug 2017
koolkai123 said:

I'd compare it to a more elaborate tom and jerry. It has good slapstick and is quite well thought out. I especially love how black spy is more laid back than white spy and I just wrote a paragraph about spy vs. spy...

That is not a paragraph :/ Shaking my head.

Sep 7, 2017 2:20 PM

Dec 2015
It's worth the journey even if you know how it's gonna end, definitely watch it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 7, 2017 2:29 PM

Apr 2016
S-quare22 said:
What's your problem with gay people and fujoshis ? lol .. can I hear a convincing answer from you ?

I was staring at this comment like 5 min. but i cant come with convincing answer.
Sep 7, 2017 2:31 PM

Apr 2017
Spike-senpai said:
koolkai123 said:

That is not a paragraph :/ Shaking my head.

oh, we're doin this... okay you got itttttttt

Spy vs. Spy is an animated show that was adapted from a comic strip that started in January 1961 and is still ongoing. The animated shorts started in 1995 and ended in 1997 on MADtv. Spy vs Spy saw a rebirth on September 6, 2010, on cartoon network as an ongoing skit on MADtv, The shorts stopped appearing on December 2, 2013. The characters are the white spy (real name dagger) and the black spy (real name joke) who are mortal enemies and the show follows their "wars of wits". There is a 3rd spy in the show, The grey spy, a sexy and intelligent spy who both dagger and joke are in love with beats both the white and black spy every time. AND I JUST WROTE A PARAGRAPH ABOUT SPY VS SPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Sep 7, 2017 2:46 PM

Aug 2017
@Spike-senpai Watch Death Note, Brandon.
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”
Sep 7, 2017 2:50 PM

Apr 2017
I mean you only know what happens at the end so it's still worth watching

Sep 7, 2017 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
we all know that Luffy is going to get the one piece, Barton was going to be hokage etc

just watch it its amazing
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 7, 2017 3:18 PM
Jun 2017
yes,deathnote is about the cunning intellectual contest and knowing the ending doesent change the fact that the main point of deathnote is the suspenseful journey
Sep 7, 2017 3:21 PM

Aug 2017
Mamokaru said:
@Spike-senpai Watch Death Note, Brandon.

Ok, Sasha. I will :D

But I will only do it, if you watch Haikyuu first.

Sep 7, 2017 3:30 PM

Jul 2016
When I was getting into anime people spoiled the shit out of Death Note for me assuming everyone had already seen it and it was still a decent watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2017 3:37 PM

Aug 2017
@Spike-senpai Looks like a deal with the Devil >_>
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

Sep 7, 2017 3:48 PM

Aug 2017
Mamokaru said:
@Spike-senpai Looks like a deal with the Devil >_>

Mwahaha! You fell for my trap!

But in all seriousness. I'm not going to force you to watch it. I want you to watch it when you have the free time. So enjoy yourself. Spend time outside and enjoy real life. It can be weeks, months, years. I can wait and be patient for you haha. It's all good.

Sep 7, 2017 3:50 PM

Oct 2013
you being spoiled doesn't change the quality of the show so yeah watch it despite being spoiled
in fact follow that tip for any show
Sep 7, 2017 3:56 PM

Aug 2017
@Spike-senpai Wait a moment, sir! On second thought, I agree. You start watching Death Note, and I give Haikyuu a try. At the same time. Deal?

Sep 7, 2017 4:03 PM

Aug 2017
Mamokaru said:
@Spike-senpai Wait a moment, sir! On second thought, I agree. You start watching Death Note, and I give Haikyuu a try. At the same time. Deal?

I was not expecting that answer so soon. I thought that you wanted to have more time. Ok when do you want to do it?

Sep 7, 2017 4:09 PM

Aug 2017
@Spike-senpai Maybe in 3 days? We can prepare for watching and so on.

Sep 7, 2017 4:11 PM

Aug 2017
Mamokaru said:
@Spike-senpai Maybe in 3 days? We can prepare for watching and so on.

Ok. We watch the shows at the same time on September 10th (sunday) right?
What time?
NaroomakiSep 7, 2017 4:14 PM

Sep 7, 2017 4:27 PM

Aug 2017
@Spike-senpai Time doesnt matter. Just start watching on the agreed day. *demoniac laughter*

Sep 7, 2017 5:38 PM

Jan 2017
Yes. It's a very unique and entertaining series.
Sep 7, 2017 11:57 PM
Jul 2017
As others have already said, go for it anyways. It's a great show and the atmosphere is amazing.
Sep 8, 2017 3:11 AM
Sep 2017
Even though you know the ending, the journey is still worth watching as it wasn't easy to predict. You will like the ways how Light and L escapes each other's traps till their time.
Sep 8, 2017 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
I'll say if you don't mind spoilers then go ahead. As long as nobody spoiled you the entire storyline to where there's literally nothing then go for it.

Me personally I wouldn't recommend the show anyways, but that's not the question. If you want to check it out, go for it.
Sep 8, 2017 8:22 PM

Jun 2017
Yeah, I think you should still give it a go even though you were spoiled.
I enjoyed it a whole bunch even though I was spoiled on
It may be different for other people though.
Sep 9, 2017 7:19 AM

Aug 2017
Deknijff said:
you being spoiled doesn't change the quality of the show so yeah watch it despite being spoiled
in fact follow that tip for any show

You right. I remembered watching a random youtube video showing the ending of Code Geass season 2...and I was like wtf 0_0. He dead for real? DAAAMN SON! Then a couple years past by and I gave the show a shot. I loved it. Definitely on my top ten list.

Sep 10, 2017 8:33 PM

Dec 2016
Yes you should. I was also spoiled like you, but it was sooooo fun to watch and I marathoned it.
Sep 26, 2017 4:50 AM
Feb 2017
I got more spoiled for me.

But everyone keeps telling me that the amazing part is how they get to the conclusion.

Sep 26, 2017 5:30 AM

Apr 2014
If I could watch Clannad spoiled, then you can watch Death Note spoiled, plus those spoilers only mark the halfway point of the series.
Sep 30, 2017 9:14 AM
Jun 2017
Yes, i got spoiled too
But most intresting parts are in the middle , so you should definetly watch it it won't be any less intresting,trust me
Sep 30, 2017 9:21 AM

Jun 2011
I was spoiled on Neon Genesis Evangelion's ending as well as Bebop's.

Evangelion is still my fave anime. Bebop is something where I LOVED the ending when it did happen and I would say that it was probably the strongest part of the series. But.... you know... there was kinda the rest of it? But always nice when an anime has a worthwhile ending.

And it is called Death Note. If people didn't die, it would probably be shit. I think it is best to think back how spoilers have affected you personally in the past. Did you still enjoy the part that was spoiled? Do you think the anime/movie/tv show would have sucked anyway if you happened to not like it?

There are few exceptions. Usually stuff which is only enjoyable the first time. Which, personally, I see no value in giving high scores to media like that. Shock factor stuff just never does it for me. And funny enough, I don't think people like being surprised as much as people say they do. (take a look at Samurai Flamenco's score for proof of people in a love-hate relationship with surprises)

But if you are like that and you enjoy stuff like that, maybe steer clear?

Good example of a live action movie that isn't as enjoyable the second time is Sixth Sense. Figuring out the mystery was half the fun.
Energetic-NovaSep 30, 2017 9:27 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Sep 30, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2011
SpongySquish said:
I got more spoiled for me.

But everyone keeps telling me that the amazing part is how they get to the conclusion.

I think if an anime will be ruined by anything, it is people telling others how amazing it is. XD Sets the bar so high. hahahaha

*feels bad for Bebop and Madoka Magica*

*Knows people who do it with her fave series Evangelion*

*Has felt people shove Death Note down her throat even though she watched it way back in 2006... Even when it was rated a 7 people got mad at the "low rating"*
Energetic-NovaSep 30, 2017 9:36 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Sep 30, 2017 9:45 AM

Jun 2016
It's worth it. The fact that you know those things happen is kinda a shame, but it doesn't really matter. It's not about who lives or dies but about the thought processes around everything as they try to discover eachother's identities.
People die when they're killed!

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.