Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 7, 2017 10:15 PM

Aug 2013
Kind of a shame that Chiaki went from top tier cute with adorable dialogue (and with a nice bod to boot), to annoying shit tier tsundere who's level of annoyance totally outweighs her adorable dialogue.

Every episode now is her just treating Keita like dog shit, which somehow rapidly worsened over the span of a few episodes when it started out as a disagreement between video games. Keita holds nothing against her and still sees her as a friend meanwhile she's like "worthless scum, loser, I hope he dies a painful death" etc.

That's the exact reason why Keita is too good for her and why I disagree with Uehara backing her. Not only is Keita nice to her in person, but he treats her online personas like idols. He has nothing but nice things to say about her and yet she's always so cunty with a hint of "desu desu" thrown in.

Last time I checked we never see that kind of behavior from Tendou at all. She respects him and his views on games and doesn't try to belittle him.
Sep 7, 2017 10:22 PM

Feb 2012
Great just what the story needed, more misunderstandings. Kill me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2017 10:29 PM

Jul 2015
danilitoleon said:

MetaThPr4h said:
If anyone thought that the misundertandings were getting solved thanks to the last episode... ayyy

We won't ever get rid of the misunderstandings, we'll get more complicated ones ;_;

In the next episode of Gamers, Karen thinks that Amano is cheating on her with a pencil, and Aguri thinking that Uehara wants to murder her since there was ketchup spilled over a picture of her!
Sep 7, 2017 10:59 PM

Aug 2010
wtf man lol u can still keep throwing shit into the already filled trash can? jesus
Sep 7, 2017 11:12 PM

Mar 2016
Is it just me or are the multitude of misunderstandings in this anime getting a bit frustrating? The comedy aspect of this anime is wearing off more and more each episode and I'm losing interest fast...I hope the can maintain a good story in the last 3 episodes
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 7, 2017 11:13 PM

Dec 2013
This episode made me like Konoha a lot more compared to the last episode.

I agree with Uehara. Chiaki ship FTW!

This show has become so self aware
Sep 7, 2017 11:14 PM

Apr 2013
new ED brings along new misunderstandings to the story. though the using of the cliche "it's not me, it's one of my close friends/family" did feel a bit forced. Uehara still the best character imo, even if this episode had a scarcity of him and his inner monologues. and it looks like there might just be another shipper of the ChiakiXKeita ship in the form of the imouto. So... i guess i only have this to say -

Fight On, Chiaki!
Sep 7, 2017 11:57 PM
Apr 2011
Good lord more cliche plot devices from Uehara. Seriously, I get it. The author loves to tease the audience and create more misunderstandings but can't he make it a little bit subtle?
Sep 8, 2017 12:28 AM
Aug 2012
It was funny before, this episode was just just stupid with the forced misunderstanding. I don't really remember when i facepalmed so hard the last time while watching Chiaki's confession. It's become impossible to blame Amano when Chiaki and Uehara act more retarded.

There could have been a better way to say "I choose you" on a phone call (what is this....Pokemon) Uehara. Your shipping is causing more problems than good.

Sep 8, 2017 12:36 AM

May 2016
what fu** Konoha doing in your room? -_- I think I'm thinking too much....

Well, the next episode is the comeback of the misunderstanding,I can hardly wait.
『  』
Sep 8, 2017 12:59 AM
May 2010
This show is torture and I can't stop watching it
Sep 8, 2017 1:22 AM

Oct 2014
Is it this Season 2 hint?

The amount of love the anime gets from inside Japan & Chinese "weeaboo" + how lots of you idiots from western fanbase are actually pissed with misunderstandings clearly represent real hype.
While that doesn't guarantee BD sales, it usually guarantees that the series can turn into a decent franchise with pretty nice brand value.
and that means money in the long run.

And the way they deliver this... to actually take a little break to further deepens our understanding of Hoshinomori sisters as characters... clearly suggest they're taking time.
Assuming they will not stupidly rush things in 3 episodes and give us some stupid anime original ending... is this hint of Season 2?
Revvie-chanSep 8, 2017 1:28 AM
Sep 8, 2017 1:59 AM

Oct 2015
Oh man here comes a new misunderstandings. Misunderstanding should've been the title of the anime. Ffs Uehara why the hell u said "I've decided I'm choosing you" to Chiaki?? And Chiaki should've just said the truth that she's Nobe. No Karen & Aguri in this episode. I ship Amano x Chiaki. I love the new ED, totally didn't expect it, it seems more serious and there will be incoming drama.
Sep 8, 2017 2:20 AM

Jan 2014
MetaThPr4h said:

In the next episode of Gamers, Karen thinks that Amano is cheating on her with a pencil, and Aguri thinking that Uehara wants to murder her since there was ketchup spilled over a picture of her!

Damn, kmpls. But still, I'm having fun with it, have to keep my 0 dropped streak xD
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Sep 8, 2017 2:40 AM
Oct 2015
annnnnnd we're back to some more misunderstanding
Heckle was here...
Sep 8, 2017 3:17 AM

Nov 2011
Autunna said:
SoraSenpai said:
Best Episode Yet. I like Konoha's development and Seaweed Is life! Best of all no Tendou!!!

SEAWEED IS LIFE SEAWEED IS LOVE!!!

I like SEAWEED too! \o/

Huzzah!!!! SEAWEED 4LIFE!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 8, 2017 3:24 AM

Mar 2013
Oh boy this is getting more out of hand lol.

I like how those straps were sideways, emphasizing her big chest XD

Wow, didn't expect the scene of Konoha to be masturbating to her eroge so soon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Was that explicitly stated in LN tho? lol
Sep 8, 2017 3:31 AM

Jun 2013
The mere existence of Konoha is contrived. But what's really unfortunate is that there isn't even an attempt at making her believable. Nope, she just likes eroge and likes cute girls because it's what her character is supposed to do. Except when it comes to our almighty light novel protagonist. Because, again, it's what her character is supposed to do. Obviously she could very well be bisexual for example, but there was never even a hint of an implication for that. A simple line of narration like "I like girls and sometimes boys too" would have been enough to suggest that, and it could have made her both more believable and relatable.

For all intents and purposes, she might as well not be into girls at all, because that's just an accessory, a gimmick to her character. But that's the thing: we don't know, and we're not even supposed to think about it. At the end of the day, she's just a collection of tropes, and nothing more: a harem member, a little sister character and an eroge nerd. The reason why she buys bishoujo eroge and why she creeps after her fellow female students is not because it's part of who she is as a person (for better or worse), but because it's just convenient pandering. Which is fine, but characters like her are a dime a dozen. When an anime attempts to "spice things up" by introducing a character like her into the mix, when all the other characters so far have been relatively more interesting, it's hard not to draw the conclusion that it's running out of ideas.

I'll admit it's been a while since I've encountered implied masturbation that wasn't played for creepiness, especially on a show that's otherwise relatively light on visual fanservice. It's not good or bad, it just managed to catch me off-guard. Still, this is not exactly a risky move; Gamers! is still playing things just as safe as the majority of other anime in the season.

Konoha is a similar to Anna from Shimoneta, in a more tame presentation. They're both kind of creepy (recall the scene where Konoha was sniffing the chairs that her fellow students were sitting on) and they're each depicted or implied to masturbate at a specific point. Oh, and they both have a crush on the almighty light novel protagonist. The main difference is that Anna was genuinely funny, at least until the shock factor subsided.

In any case, the characters weren't very believable to me from the start, and I get that the amusing misunderstandings are the main point of Gamers!, but with Konoha in the mix, the characters are becoming even more incomprehensible.

The other problem is that there's still so little we've seen of these pairings. And due to the contrivance of the love polygon and the more and more obvious harem implications, there is very little tension to begin with. The only pairing that can occasionally make me feel anything is Uehara and Aguri, and those two don't even seem to be part of the main conflict anymore.

On the subject of the title of this series, consider this. Let's say I write a light novel about a bunch of teenagers who happen to meet because they're all passionate about making animation, but then I focus the story on their romantic entanglements. If I, then, choose the title "Animators" for my book, and the readers are complaining that the story has very little focus on the art of animation, would you be surprised?
LeeTailorSep 8, 2017 7:36 AM
Sep 8, 2017 3:38 AM

Aug 2014
RandomCritic said:

@MonoJuMal
Two points: 1) I am a devil's advocate. And i am tired of people belittle a show just because they show views they dont understand and puts down the series because of it.
2) I do not know where you and that person came with the idea of me insulting him or her. I do not recall calling names or insulting words. I only recall throwing facts and speaking in a strong tone.
If that person felt ofended is another 5 cents. But i personally see not insulting them.
Unless my definition of insulting someone is different from yours.
Forgive me, i am not american nor english speaker.

Insult isn't reserved to name calling and using swear words. Belittling someone for their opinion is insulting as well and accusing me for streaming it through illegal means as well as turning it personal. As well as trying to deny my freedom to voice an opinion. You may not agree but don't be a dick about it.
Anyways, you are not throwing facts, you are throwing assumptions, expecting them to be facts. You are right about the industry not caring about foreigners, but your assumptions about me are generally wrong. I still can't comprehend why you assume that everyone is streaming it Illegally especially after mentioning Funimation.

With all that said, your opinions are welcome. But please try to convey it in a civil manner you will get a lot further that way.
Sep 8, 2017 3:50 AM

May 2012
*sigh* more understanding piling up.. i just want the series to end already.. it seems unbearable to watch with each passing episode. Kind of disappointed at this point despite the fact that I was really interested at the story at first..
Sep 8, 2017 3:53 AM

Aug 2016
UEHARA! You ment to be chosen one, you were suppose to clear that mess up! NO to F it up more!
I trusted you Uehara!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 4:04 AM

May 2015
RandomCritic said:
AnimeCruiser said:
WTH, just when I thought all the misunderstanding got over, here we go again.

@kaitonic
Story is about misunderstandings, not about games. What did you expect?
Did you really think the story was about games?

Well I think the title Gamers! fit this anime and manga.
Since all their relations origin was from games.

1. Chiaki and Keita meet from online game forums as Nobu and Yama and through mobile [b]online games[b] as Tsucchie and Mono even though it was not directly, until later.
2. Keita and Karen meet, while Keita was choosing games in the store and start talking due to the topic of games being common for both.
3. Uehara and Keita become friends due to seeing how Keita is hardcore gamer which reminds him of his old self.
4. Uehara and Aguri meet because of arcade games.
5. Konoha and Keita meet in game store.

At the center even if it is only for name, it is Games that brought them together.
Sep 8, 2017 5:58 AM
Jan 2016
And yeah, more, more, and more complicated wkwkwkwkwk. I don't know why, but I really loves Gamers!
Sep 8, 2017 6:17 AM

Jan 2011
Eh, wasn't really feeling this episode. Had its moments though.
Sep 8, 2017 6:26 AM

May 2017
AnimeCruiser said:
RandomCritic said:

@kaitonic
Story is about misunderstandings, not about games. What did you expect?
Did you really think the story was about games?

Well I think the title Gamers! fit this anime and manga.
Since all their relations origin was from games.

1. Chiaki and Keita meet from online game forums as Nobu and Yama and through mobile [b]online games[b] as Tsucchie and Mono even though it was not directly, until later.
2. Keita and Karen meet, while Keita was choosing games in the store and start talking due to the topic of games being common for both.
3. Uehara and Keita become friends due to seeing how Keita is hardcore gamer which reminds him of his old self.
4. Uehara and Aguri meet because of arcade games.
5. Konoha and Keita meet in game store.

At the center even if it is only for name, it is Games that brought them together.

Games are inside the story, and used for certain scenes but is not the primal/main topic or reason.
Ever since episode one, the story has been focused on misunderstandings.
Especially with the author's trap of people asuming the story is about games.
In the anime it can not be noticed well but in the novel, with amano's inner dialog, you can notice how misunderstanding begins since chapter one.

P.s.
If the story was about games, you would see the characters playing games all the time as main focus. Getting involved in games, and doing competitions or going to tounaments.
A perfect sample of a games manga that is a romcom in gaming but focus stays onngames is the manga: "High score Girl"

----------

@LeeTailor

_-------------

@Ziirf
Doing a criticism is one thing.
But belittling a series just because is not going the way you want is another.
You are not the only one i came a cross that has done this.
Taking anime/manga series that doesnt go your way they are trash.
My sample of funimation i used was because you made the series be viewed as if its lame and trash. But guess what? This anime is very popular in Japan, the country it was made for, and so popular that funimation bought rights for a dub to bring it to the west. Funimation would not spend money for a lame series.
That is what i tried to say by using funimation.
Crunchyroll? Ok you say you are paying the monthly fee? Fine, since crunchyroll is using that money to support the japanese animation industry, or so they say.
But there is still youtube.
You dont see anime in youtube?
If you say 'no' i'll say 'bs' because anyone has used youtube to watch anime.
Especially the english dub versions. (Which is illegal)
If you dont buy and have a copy of the dvd at hand of the anime, you are watching it for free brought to you by rip streams from Japan. So give thanks that you get to see them from someone who is ripping.
So you say I insulted you by asuming and belittling? When i in fact just talked strongly for what you did.
If i have to apologize for it to you then you also have to apologize to this animation company who was kind enough to make an anime adaptation of this series for japan to enjoy that we watch as collatheral. Because you, maite, did the same to them. Insulting their work (the anime) and belittling it just because you thought the story was about games when in fact is about misunderstandings that were begining to show since chapter/episode one.
If you sincerely apologise to them I will apologize to you.
Fair deal.
P.s. And maybe you are right. Maybe i should not had judged you, i let my emotions cloud my judgement. I had done my share of belittling a series in the past until someone opened my eyes. But i did my research of the series throughly before giving my judgement or criticism and stopped asuming things. So i can have "the right of the say".
And my criticism are often supported by the facts of the information i research before my review.
But i've been researching Japan and the anime industry for over 25 years. You mate, i dont know when you started.
But most people just criticize without a base to be based of and just give empty words.
For judging you i will apologize, for the rest (the supposed insulting you) i will not until you do. (To the series as you did the same as i said).

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedSep 9, 2017 1:57 PM
Sep 8, 2017 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
Misunderstandings continued lol
Sep 8, 2017 9:30 AM

Jan 2017
We don't know with whom Amano will end. It may be Tendou-san, Chiaki or Konoha, although the last one is the less probable. I'm rooting for Chiaki.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Sep 8, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2014
It so it seems misunderstandings are gonna be the engine that drives this series ad eternum.

Still can I say I really support Chiaki? I find her unbelievably sweet and adorable.
Sep 8, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2014
@RandomCritic
Since you touch on so many points i chosen to split it up in separate parts for easier digestion.

RandomCritic said:
Doing a criticism is one thing.
But belittling a series just because is not going the way you want is another.
You are not the only one i came a cross that has done this.
Taking anime/manga series that doesnt go your way they are trash.

You know that criticism by definition is disapproval of somethings faults, right?
Just because my personal opinion is that this show is bad because of the frustrating amount of misunderstandings in the show doesn't mean that i am saying that this show is a bad show, it means that I think it is a bad show. You taking my opinions so personally isn't normal, you are in your full rights to love the show and no one should say you are wrong for doing so, just as no one should say someone is wrong for disliking a show. That is common human decency.

RandomCritic said:
My sample of funimation i used was because you made the series be viewed as if its lame and trash. But guess what? This anime is very popular in Japan, the country it was made for, and so popular that funimation bought rights for a dub to bring it to the west. Funimation would not spend money for a lame series.
That is what i tried to say by using funimation.

I'll say this once, taste is subjective and the fact that some company have bought the rights to dub that anime doesn't change anyone's opinion of said show. Denying some's taste just make you sound like a pretentious asshole. disagreeing with someones taste however is acceptable. This is pretty much a unspoken rule when it comes to debating in any subject matter and what makes the difference between a civil discussion and a uncivilized argument.

RandomCritic said:
Crunchyroll? Ok you say you are paying the monthly fee? Fine, since crunchyroll is using that money to support the japanese animation industry, or so they say.
But there is still youtube.
You dont see anime in youtube?
If you say 'no' i'll say 'bs' because anyone has used youtube to watch anime.
Especially the english dub versions. (Which is illegal)
If you dont buy and have a copy of the dvd at hand of the anime, you are watching it for free brought to you by rip streams from Japan. So give thanks that you get to see them from someone who is ripping.

Again with the unfounded assumptions in an attempt to further your own agenda, no i do not watch anime on youtube, I do not see the need for it since i get all i need through Crunchyroll and other legal streaming services like Netflix and in the past Funimation.
The reason i say that Funimation was in the past is because i haven't watched a dub since early 2014, so no i wouldn't have used youtube for dubs either, to be honest the majority of English dubs are so horrible it makes the shows unwatchable.
As for your skepticism of Crunchyroll, they have been legal since January 8, 2009. Which is why you wont find every airing show on Crunchyroll; they don't have the right for all of them.

RandomCritic said:
So you say I insulted you by asuming and belittling? When i in fact just talked strongly for what you did.
If i have to apologize for it to you then you also have to apologize to this animation company who was kind enough to make an anime adaptation of this series for japan to enjoy that we watch as collatheral. Because you, maite, did the same to them. Insulting their work (the anime) and belittling it just because you thought the story was about games when in fact is about misunderstandings that were begining to show since chapter/episode one.
If you sincerely apologise to them I will apologize to you.
Fair deal.

I don't want you to apologize to me for insulting me, I am a big boy I don't hold a grudge against you, but if i can spend a little of my time to show the error in your way of conveying a message so you might think about how to do it in the future I will find it worth my time, if not at least i tried.
Assuming things about others is insulting, you should consider not to make things personal, especially with baseless assumptions.

If I had done anything wrong I might consider apologizing, but since i get my content through legal channels i got nothing to feel guilty about. If you had been the author and was offended about my comments i would have apologized, but you are not. No matter how i look at it, i got nothing to feel bad about.

RandomCritic said:
P.s. And maybe you are right. Maybe i should not had judged you, i let my emotions cloud my judgement. I had done my share of belittling a series in the past until someone opened my eyes. But i did my research of the series throughly before giving my judgement or criticism and stopped asuming things. So i can have "the right of the say".
And my criticism are often supported by the facts of the information i research before my review.
But i've been researching Japan and the anime industry for over 25 years. You mate, i dont know when you started.
But most people just criticize without a base to be based of and just give empty words.
For judging you i will apologize, for the rest (the supposed insulting you) i will not until you do. (To the series as you did the same as i said).

The only fault in my criticism was that i missed a word in the synopsis, which is my mistake entirely, despite in my memory the synopsis was different when i read it in the past. But i take that fault and admit it. Other than that there is no facts to talk about, it is an opinion, I know the show have a rating of 7+, so i know it might be a unpopular opinion, but a n opinion non the less. nothing factual about it.
Not sure why you mention that you been in the industry for 25 years. Congratulation i guess?

---

With all this said, i see you are passionate about your love for this anime, but i do not share it, I am thankful for you mentioning that the misunderstandings will continue so i can leave it now instead of later. Personally i think you should try and work on accepting others opinions about a show, and don't make assumptions. If you keep those things in mind you don't seem like such a bad person.
Sep 8, 2017 10:41 AM

May 2015
My favourite part of the of the episode was the end card with Tendou holding the Splatoon 2 Switch Pro Controller and the Splat Roller.

Also, I agree with Uehara in that it's hard to be happy for Amano and Tendou, even if things work out for them. Chiaki is best girl followed by Aguri.
Sep 8, 2017 10:57 AM

May 2017
Agerno said:
We don't know with whom Amano will end. It may be Tendou-san, Chiaki or Konoha, although the last one is the less probable. I'm rooting for Chiaki.

Konoha is not part of the harem.

----

@Ziirf
It seems thatnwe have some misunderstandings of our own and i am going to make it clear unlike the characters in this series. And this will be my last comment on this conversation since is going off topic, replies after this will be ignored. But i do this to make things clear:

1) criticism is not the same as belittling. You pointed the bad of the show and much is sucks because you thought the show was about games but all they did was misunderstandings without knowing that the show is about misunderstandings. And when i let you know about it you spat on the show and called it generic worthless for it amd would drop it. Then when that other dude said about the sypnosis you made the excuse of it. The only thing i am guilty of is claiming that you are going to drop the series because of the misunderstandings and you could not see the beauty of it because you find it annoying and stupid. But i gave you the benefit of the doubt because you are not japanese, you do not understand. My second mistake was adding you to the pile of trollers that belittle the show because of it and just like to bash it because the show takes on a topic westerners do not understand. And call the show lame because it decieved them.

2) Once more, my mention of funimation is because you made your comment sound like this show is worthless and unpopular and i mentioned funimation to show how popular the show is. And to the Japanese, our opinions matter not.

3) you dont watch anime in youtube? Yeah, bs. Second: skeptical about crunchyroll? I never said crunchyroll were doing illegal streams. I was talking about youtube. Read the comments well.

4) i never said i was in the industry. I said i had been researching Japan and the anime industry for over 25 years.

-

My bief with you was not because you like or not like the show. Not because of your opinion you will drop it. A criticsm say you dont like it and then go.
My bief is like with them, you are viewing and giving opinions on the show with a western standpoint saying that the characters has to do things with x or y reason like countries outside Japan do. You are jusdging with the mind of a westerner and one can not do thwt for a show made for Japan.
You and other people misunderstood the show and talked about it without looking for information about why the show is how it is and judge it by your standards. Thing that can not be done for a show which audience is not made for.

@ everyone (Now being general) The answers are so easy to see and you all people just judge to make asumptions because is not your stand point of view.
My point is that no one can judge a series with a western mind point! Because the show was not made for us! Before judging you have to do research and look for the "why is this show doing this" before making a decision.
And if you dont like it, you have the right to do so and state your opinion; but calling the show lame and sucks just because is one way, without looking the reason why is how it is, is just belitting and not criticism.
In this forum, there has been one too many people insulting the show just because they dont sit down and look for the reason of why a show is how it is, and judge it by western stand point and call it lame.
Well, first mistake is judge a japanese show with a western point of view. Shows like this are representations on how cultures and life in japan is. And since we are not japanese, unless we research the why, we cannot judge. Its diferent culture.
This show is not dragon ball, is not swordart online, is not blue exorsist or similar shows the like. Those shows are fantasy shows that have a general stand point.
Shows like gamers involves japanese culture and how they live and is the way to see their daily lives and is what they want in Japan. This is why this show is popular in Japan. They know what is going on because they live it.
And this show is an exhajeration of those things in a humorous ways.
But what viewers come when first see it: "ah! It has games title, the show has gamers, the show is about games!" Then they see the teenage drama: "what is this bs?! Where is the games?! Why are there so many misunderstandings?! There characters are stupid?! This sucks! Laame, this show is bullshit! Why dont they just talk about it?!" Commenting without researching why the show is how it is.
Meanwhike in japan: "this show is great! I love the characters. Yeah these bunch of misunderstandings are possible since even I lived through it. We can not talk about it because it affects the harmony of people so we have to keep quiet for peace as it shoukd. But this show is a protest that we should talk, but is embarrasing and we might get bullied".

For the Japanese, talking about your problems is taboo, and expressing your opinions about what you think of someone is rude. So they just asume things by impressions which brings the so many conflicts in school life and jobs and how cold shoulders and social bullying comes to be.
And this show is an exageration of it.

Sure, we find it absurd! But that is how Japanese people are.
And we are taking anime for granted. Making judgement and expressing opinions with our western point of view as if anime was made for us, when indeed is not.
Anime was made for Japan and the japanese only. So stories are going to be adressed with japanese culture issues.
Just how american comics are made for america.
Korean games are made for koreans.
And literature are made for the countries asigned to.

Stop judging a japanese show with a western mind and look for the reason why a show is how it is!
Just enjoy the series as how they are! Japanese entertaiment!
And stop talking as if a japanese animation was made for your country!

@Ziirf
You have the right to have your opinion. But you dont have the right to misjudge a series without knowing the reason why is made how it is. Else you'll be just doing the talk to the talk like those others had done.

Before you did not know the reason why the show is how it is. Now you know.
You're still going to drop it?
My disapointment is that you cant appreciate the beauty of the show for what it is: a chaotic teen comedy with misunderstandings to exhajerate situations japanese people goes through daily.
And will leave it because it doesnt not fit your western standards.

Now i say: this show was not meant to be taken seriously. This show was meant as how it is, a chaotic comedy of teen drama as exhajeration. A rollercoaster with ups and downs that will make you cheer for the characters and other times facepalm at their idiocy.
But that's what is made for. To have those reactions and just enjoy as it is.
But you said you find it annoying and will drop it.
Then fine.
Still kniw that even if you drop it it will not change anything. But stop saying that you dont like it becauee is stupid if you dont know why it was made how it is.
The reason why i spat at you with this comment about the dropping is because many viewers says they hate a show and will drop it with arrogance and as if the show was made for them. And i assumed you were one of thoee people by the way you said things. So i let you know that the series was not made foe your name like i tell those people so they get down of tbeir high horse.
You tried to say that you are not one of them people. Then i apologized for judging you as such. It is hard to tell in text who is being sincere and who is just an arrogant stuckup prick.

Now i am done.
Blessings and good day.

P.s.

@ everyone and @Agerno
Another misunderstanding i am seeing is this one:
We are getting too used to harem stories that every time we see a new girl we quickly assume is another harem candidate for the Mc.
This is the case with Konoha.
For kami's sake! Stop assuming Konoha is a love interest for Amano!
Tbis is not that type of story! She was never cathegorized as being part of the main cast! She is a support character!
She is not even in the cover!
This is a love triangle not a pentagon or a harem!
The only love interest and rivals here are Karen and Chiaki and no one else!
First of all, Konoha liies cute girls. Its been shown since the beginning.
Second, Konoha has never shown any interest to the Mc. And she just got dragged into the mess.
Third, Konoha has been asking questions to Amano pointing in the direction that she is trying to hook Amano and Chiaki up!
Just because she had expressed some admiration towards Amano by how he expressed his love for visual novels does NOT mean Konoha will fall head over heels for Amano just like Karen did.

And another clue is that Konoha loves her sister very much and she is not the type to steal the guy the sister she loves likes!
She is not that type of character.
But since we were getting a lot of harem stories this year we got quick to assume, but the clues she is not are right there.

Well... I am autistic so i have a more expanded keen observational skills.
ThatRandomDudeSep 8, 2017 12:11 PM
Sep 8, 2017 11:05 AM

Dec 2011
Ziirf said:
lot of things

Don't bother with this RandomCritic guy. He's such a diehard-it's-annoying of this show.
Sep 8, 2017 11:53 AM

Jul 2009
Chiaki episode! So she pushed off the reveal of Mono and Nobe to her sister ... LOL! Poor Konoha getting sucked into this mess, although I guess she's trying to support her sister in her own way :P Then Uehara ... what was that confession at the end?! Oh gosh lol XD New ED was pretty nice :D Kind of a random episode to get a new one though lol :P How are they gonna resolve this ...? RIP Tasuku and Aguri again XD
Sep 8, 2017 12:16 PM

May 2017
Chendroshee said:
Ziirf said:
lot of things

Don't bother with this RandomCritic guy. He's such a diehard-it's-annoying of this show.

@Chendroshee
Sorry to burst your bubble but i am not a 'diehard-whatever', I am a devil's advocate.
And i do the same thing with every series out there who is being wrongly judged.
And is because of people like you that i do this.
And Yeah, i havent forgotten.
Why are you here anyways?
Didnt you say you were going to drop this series two episodes ago? Or are you here to troll once more?
ThatRandomDudeSep 8, 2017 12:20 PM
Sep 8, 2017 12:35 PM
Dec 2013
none of these fuckers will end up with each other in the end but seaweed is the best.
Sep 8, 2017 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
@RandomCritic
You misunderstand something about reality, even if you know why or how something is made doesn't mean you suddenly change the way you feel about it, I know i am not a Japanese, i know i dont think like they do, but that doesn't mean i should rate a show how a Japanese would rate it, if I did that then it would wouldn't be my vote anymore. You talk a lot about how this is a show for Japanese people and how they like it, well it only barely made it to the top 30 sold light novels for this year, so it isn't that well off as you might think it is over there. (edit: On per volume sale list, it isn't even on the list..)
While this is made by a Japanese person for a Japanese audience, that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to our opinions and there is no such thing as "misjudging" a show for not being part of the targeted audience.
Western people will never be able to judge an anime with the mindset of a Japanese, because, guess what, we aren't Japanese, and twisting our point of view would make our rating invalid to our personal experience.

You really seem like someone that abandoned your own culture and want to become Japanese given the chance.
ZiirfSep 8, 2017 12:50 PM
Sep 8, 2017 12:51 PM

May 2017

1) Uhm... You do know that Gamers Began in 2015, right?
Of course only this year had not sold so many for the novel since the mayority of the sales were in 2015-2016.
Now if you had said the 30% was for the viewer votes of the anime and the sales of the anime dvd then it would be more beliavable.
And again, if the show was not popular, then funimation would not had bothered with it.

2) Now, you're the one who is assuming things. Just because i advocate for certain things of Japan does not make me want to be japanese. I just dont like injustice and people speaking of something just because. I like bringing a balance and defend those that cannot.
And I just dont do this with japan stuff only but with media in general.
And i also had my share on porsecuting certain japanese things that i find unjust and inhumane.
Which is why i say i am a devil's advocate.
I push and pull and test people for their resolve to see if they just speak for the talk (empty words) or is their real sincere belief and resolve.

You've prooven yours with facts, so i will leave you alone.
Unlike some other people.
And for that you have my respects.
Now I will end it here before this continues going off topic.
Good day.
ThatRandomDudeSep 8, 2017 12:56 PM
Sep 8, 2017 1:00 PM

Apr 2010
AsT5 said:
Aversa said:
So Konaha has gotten into the mess as well even if she didn't want to.
it was funny that she got found out buying eroge tho and the way she is trying to keep it hidden is funny as well.
Anyway the sisters made things even more complicated for themselves.

lol was konaha masterbating while playing the eroge in between the episode when chiaki called her
It looked like it.
She was playing an eroge that much is clear.
Sep 8, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2016
RandomCritic said:
1) Uhm... You do know that Gamers Began in 2015, right?
Of course only this year had not sold so many for the novel since the mayority of the sales were in 2015-2016.
Now if you had said the 30% was for the viewer votes of the anime and the sales of the anime dvd then it would be more beliavable.
And again, if the show was not popular, then funimation would not had bothered with it.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. I think you feel like if someone says the show is lame then they're saying that the anime/light novel isn't popular and no one would like it. The other users are just saying that it's lame, because they no longer like the show and the direction its taken.

I think it's a mistake to think that a good show = how it's doing in Japan and whether it gets picked up for a dub. Personal opinions are subjective and have no baring on how well a show does or not. There are tons of gems out there that don't get a lot of recognition, but they're still good. Amano even mentioned that in a previous episode.

Popularity is fine, sales are great, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone should like that series. What you like and dislike is subjective and dependent on the person watching. Don't take opinions so seriously. If someone disagrees with you, then don't sweat the small things and move on. :)

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Sep 8, 2017 2:31 PM
Feb 2016
MomoSinX said:
Supersky said:

LOL HAHA!!! I was kinda expecting that from her!!!

I didn't think they would escalate her to that so fast but it was pleasant surprise XD.

No kidding, but the fact that they put that in I gotta give props to the makers!! Cuz that was hilarious
Sep 8, 2017 2:36 PM

Jun 2017
MetaThPr4h said:
danilitoleon said:

We won't ever get rid of the misunderstandings, we'll get more complicated ones ;_;

What??? I don't even.....

Sounds beautiful XD.
Sep 8, 2017 3:18 PM

Jun 2008
HyperL said:
I just love the number of people here who absolutely hate misunderstandings and yet refuse to drop a show in which the misunderstanding (and almost self aware dialogue) are the only thing keeping it from being just another generic piece of boredom.

You can say that again.
It's funny that some people keeps watching and hopes that it'll change. My answer to them No it won't, we just go into Volume 2 of the novel, there's like 8 Volumes in total currently.

I mean some people think that the misunderstandings is gone just because Aguri and Tasuku talked to each other, when they don't even bother confirming they're relationship to other characters.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 8, 2017 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
Choo choo~! Back on the train to misunderstanding insanity!
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 8, 2017 4:44 PM

Jan 2017
RandomCritic said:
Agerno said:

Konoha is not part of the harem.

----

@Ziirf
It seems thatnwe have some misunderstandings of our own and i am going to make it clear unlike the characters in this series. And this will be my last comment on this conversation since is going off topic, replies after this will be ignored. But i do this to make things clear:

1) criticism is not the same as belittling. You pointed the bad of the show and much is sucks because you thought the show was about games but all they did was misunderstandings without knowing that the show is about misunderstandings. And when i let you know about it you spat on the show and called it generic worthless for it amd would drop it. Then when that other dude said about the sypnosis you made the excuse of it. The only thing i am guilty of is claiming that you are going to drop the series because of the misunderstandings and you could not see the beauty of it because you find it annoying and stupid. But i gave you the benefit of the doubt because you are not japanese, you do not understand. My second mistake was adding you to the pile of trollers that belittle the show because of it and just like to bash it because the show takes on a topic westerners do not understand. And call the show lame because it decieved them.

2) Once more, my mention of funimation is because you made your comment sound like this show is worthless and unpopular and i mentioned funimation to show how popular the show is. And to the Japanese, our opinions matter not.

3) you dont watch anime in youtube? Yeah, bs. Second: skeptical about crunchyroll? I never said crunchyroll were doing illegal streams. I was talking about youtube. Read the comments well.

4) i never said i was in the industry. I said i had been researching Japan and the anime industry for over 25 years.

-

My bief with you was not because you like or not like the show. Not because of your opinion you will drop it. A criticsm say you dont like it and then go.
My bief is like with them, you are viewing and giving opinions on the show with a western standpoint saying that the characters has to do things with x or y reason like countries outside Japan do. You are jusdging with the mind of a westerner and one can not do thwt for a show made for Japan.
You and other people misunderstood the show and talked about it without looking for information about why the show is how it is and judge it by your standards. Thing that can not be done for a show which audience is not made for.

@ everyone (Now being general) The answers are so easy to see and you all people just judge to make asumptions because is not your stand point of view.
My point is that no one can judge a series with a western mind point! Because the show was not made for us! Before judging you have to do research and look for the "why is this show doing this" before making a decision.
And if you dont like it, you have the right to do so and state your opinion; but calling the show lame and sucks just because is one way, without looking the reason why is how it is, is just belitting and not criticism.
In this forum, there has been one too many people insulting the show just because they dont sit down and look for the reason of why a show is how it is, and judge it by western stand point and call it lame.
Well, first mistake is judge a japanese show with a western point of view. Shows like this are representations on how cultures and life in japan is. And since we are not japanese, unless we research the why, we cannot judge. Its diferent culture.
This show is not dragon ball, is not swordart online, is not blue exorsist or similar shows the like. Those shows are fantasy shows that have a general stand point.
Shows like gamers involves japanese culture and how they live and is the way to see their daily lives and is what they want in Japan. This is why this show is popular in Japan. They know what is going on because they live it.
And this show is an exhajeration of those things in a humorous ways.
But what viewers come when first see it: "ah! It has games title, the show has gamers, the show is about games!" Then they see the teenage drama: "what is this bs?! Where is the games?! Why are there so many misunderstandings?! There characters are stupid?! This sucks! Laame, this show is bullshit! Why dont they just talk about it?!" Commenting without researching why the show is how it is.
Meanwhike in japan: "this show is great! I love the characters. Yeah these bunch of misunderstandings are possible since even I lived through it. We can not talk about it because it affects the harmony of people so we have to keep quiet for peace as it shoukd. But this show is a protest that we should talk, but is embarrasing and we might get bullied".

For the Japanese, talking about your problems is taboo, and expressing your opinions about what you think of someone is rude. So they just asume things by impressions which brings the so many conflicts in school life and jobs and how cold shoulders and social bullying comes to be.
And this show is an exageration of it.

Sure, we find it absurd! But that is how Japanese people are.
And we are taking anime for granted. Making judgement and expressing opinions with our western point of view as if anime was made for us, when indeed is not.
Anime was made for Japan and the japanese only. So stories are going to be adressed with japanese culture issues.
Just how american comics are made for america.
Korean games are made for koreans.
And literature are made for the countries asigned to.

Stop judging a japanese show with a western mind and look for the reason why a show is how it is!
Just enjoy the series as how they are! Japanese entertaiment!
And stop talking as if a japanese animation was made for your country!

@Ziirf
You have the right to have your opinion. But you dont have the right to misjudge a series without knowing the reason why is made how it is. Else you'll be just doing the talk to the talk like those others had done.

Before you did not know the reason why the show is how it is. Now you know.
You're still going to drop it?
My disapointment is that you cant appreciate the beauty of the show for what it is: a chaotic teen comedy with misunderstandings to exhajerate situations japanese people goes through daily.
And will leave it because it doesnt not fit your western standards.

Now i say: this show was not meant to be taken seriously. This show was meant as how it is, a chaotic comedy of teen drama as exhajeration. A rollercoaster with ups and downs that will make you cheer for the characters and other times facepalm at their idiocy.
But that's what is made for. To have those reactions and just enjoy as it is.
But you said you find it annoying and will drop it.
Then fine.
Still kniw that even if you drop it it will not change anything. But stop saying that you dont like it becauee is stupid if you dont know why it was made how it is.
The reason why i spat at you with this comment about the dropping is because many viewers says they hate a show and will drop it with arrogance and as if the show was made for them. And i assumed you were one of thoee people by the way you said things. So i let you know that the series was not made foe your name like i tell those people so they get down of tbeir high horse.
You tried to say that you are not one of them people. Then i apologized for judging you as such. It is hard to tell in text who is being sincere and who is just an arrogant stuckup prick.

Now i am done.
Blessings and good day.

P.s.

@ everyone and @Agerno
Another misunderstanding i am seeing is this one:
We are getting too used to harem stories that every time we see a new girl we quickly assume is another harem candidate for the Mc.
This is the case with Konoha.
For kami's sake! Stop assuming Konoha is a love interest for Amano!
Tbis is not that type of story! She was never cathegorized as being part of the main cast! She is a support character!
She is not even in the cover!
This is a love triangle not a pentagon or a harem!
The only love interest and rivals here are Karen and Chiaki and no one else!
First of all, Konoha liies cute girls. Its been shown since the beginning.
Second, Konoha has never shown any interest to the Mc. And she just got dragged into the mess.
Third, Konoha has been asking questions to Amano pointing in the direction that she is trying to hook Amano and Chiaki up!
Just because she had expressed some admiration towards Amano by how he expressed his love for visual novels does NOT mean Konoha will fall head over heels for Amano just like Karen did.

And another clue is that Konoha loves her sister very much and she is not the type to steal the guy the sister she loves likes!
She is not that type of character.
But since we were getting a lot of harem stories this year we got quick to assume, but the clues she is not are right there.

Well... I am autistic so i have a more expanded keen observational skills.

Well, I've never considered it to be a harem. I've always thought Amano will end with only one person, and there are many possibilities. We can't get rid of Konoha since she is now supposed to be Nobe and Mono and she has the same hobby as Amano.
I said that she is the less likely to end as Amano's girlfriend, but she could. I just back Chiaki.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Sep 8, 2017 5:10 PM

May 2017
Agerno said:

Well, I've never considered it to be a harem. I've always thought Amano will end with only one person, and there are many possibilities. We can't get rid of Konoha since she is now supposed to be Nobe and Mono and she has the same hobby as Amano.
I said that she is the less likely to end as Amano's girlfriend, but she could. I just back Chiaki.
well, i based myself on how the novel had run her so far.
So far Konoha's role has been on helping chiaki hook up with Amano.
Sep 8, 2017 6:09 PM

Aug 2015
Just when we thought there wouldn't be any more misunderstandings...
Sep 8, 2017 9:52 PM
Oct 2014
Lost more brain cells this week.
Sep 8, 2017 10:14 PM
Jul 2015
ArgH!!! Truth about Chiaki....well FUCK...
Tendo and Keita already going out and well expecting misunderstanding will stop

but they added another character and added more misunderstanding...
Sep 9, 2017 12:38 AM

Dec 2011

I already drop this long ago. I just want to know how ridiculous and annoying the show can be without wasting my time watching it myself.
Sep 9, 2017 4:58 AM

Apr 2016
Tokoya said:
This episode was going so good until the halfway point -_- I absolutely despise how much of a fucking plot device these misunderstandings have become

And to make matters worse, I was EXTRA PISSED to see Chiaki act like a fucking idiot and lie to Keita about her sister being Mono/Nobe instead of coming clean about it all -_-

FOR FUCK SAKES MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm an so tired of this shit

Same, it is starting to ruin everything for me at this point.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

320 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.