Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 7, 2017 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
Great introduction, can't wait to see more of the survival.
When they thought that everything was going right...
And what was that ending? So he did that on purpose?
Btw i don't think that the bald guy is the real leader of his class.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 7, 2017 10:56 PM

Apr 2013
I wonder why Koenji is being such a douche. TEAM EFFORT motherfucker!
curzon17Sep 7, 2017 11:04 PM
Sep 8, 2017 1:31 AM

May 2016
okay, Sakura is the best girl in this season now;;;
『  』
Sep 8, 2017 2:19 AM

Jul 2014
Koenji bailing isn't surprising in the slightest considering how he's acted throughout the entire show so far, but it certainly makes things more interesting, not least because it completely ruins D Class' budgeting. Also, I'm not surprised about the others, but it surprises me how Ayanokoji seems reasonably happy to help out Ibuki, despite her being from another class. Granted, she's an outcast from C Class, but that doesn't mean she can't be trying to help them anyway; Ayanokoji did admittedly have a brief moment of suspicion about it by the looks of things, so I can only assume he's going along with this just to avoid standing out from the rest of the Class, who will almost certainly want to help Ibuki.
Sep 8, 2017 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
SAKURA IS THE BEST GRILL!!!

Sep 8, 2017 6:56 AM

Mar 2010
aquaspirit39 said:
Once again inconsistencies from changing characters roles caused all this complaint of picking Horikita being too obvious. Please remember:

1. It was Ichinose who fooled C class student during Sudo case and not Horikita.

2. War declaration in the pool episode never happened in the original source.

Horikita is not yet well known to other people from other classes at this point. Hirata and Karuizawa is often seen as the leader of the D class instead.

Number 2 is a filler episode fyi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 6:59 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, Kouenji is such a troll. Way to let one's class down... Narcissism is scary. His athletic ability was impressive, though.

I hope we'll find out more about Ibuki. Sakura's blatantly transparent actions were amusing as well.
Led_WaylineSep 8, 2017 7:02 AM
Sep 8, 2017 7:03 AM

Jul 2016
survival test but also they must earned points

I wonder what's Koenji's deal, though bye 30 S Points
Sep 8, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2012
anyone already made a GIF of sakura blushing and shaking after ayanokoji released her?

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Sep 8, 2017 1:33 PM

Jun 2012
This cannot possibly be just 12-13 episodes.
I mean, absolutely nothing's happened. We've got too many uninteresting characters that don't do much, and even this little arc doesn't make me enthusiastic.
Sep 8, 2017 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
I don't think the bald guy is actually their leader. He held out his card out in the open when he was talking about playing it safe to the green-haired guy lol.

Ayanokoji definitely was suspicious of the blue-haired girl. I wonder if she really is a spy.

And does Koenji really not care about the class? Seems like him though haha.

So many questions to be answered...
Sep 8, 2017 9:32 PM

Sep 2017
VeryCuteGirl said:
Did it bother anyone else that the branches instantaneously disappeared at 18:43?
Did the animators make a mistake?

that's some nice observation you got there

you were something lovely i just discovered by chance
do you hear me speaking?
Sep 9, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
It remind me of Btooom! the only thing missing was the bombs lol
Sep 9, 2017 8:45 PM

Aug 2017
If the anime has 12 or 13 episodes the ending will be so forced and leave undeveloped characters like some of the Class D or the class A. I think is better that the anime has at least 24 episodes to end the plot well... About the chapter is 'meh', this arc sounds promising despite I prefer that don't leave the school because the main plot begins there and it was better to continue there. The series went downhill so fast (the series had 7 until episode 5 and now has 5 in my score) Also the episode focus much in some boring characters like Sakura and wasted moments in things like the bathroom. The only good thing is the blond guy and the ending. 2/5
NurguburuSep 9, 2017 9:05 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 9, 2017 10:25 PM
Mar 2014
Burguburu said:
If the anime has 12 or 13 episodes the ending will be so forced and leave undeveloped characters like some of the Class D or the class A. I think is better that the anime has at least 24 episodes to end the plot well... About the chapter is 'meh', this arc sounds promising despite I prefer that don't leave the school because the main plot begins there and it was better to continue there. The series went downhill so fast (the series had 7 until episode 5 and now has 5 in my score) Also the episode focus much in some boring characters like Sakura and wasted moments in things like the bathroom. The only good thing is the blond guy and the ending. 2/5

I saw many people complain about the toilet scene as well. It is actually quite an important event in the LN. This toilet problem is what gives rise to friction between the boys and girls of class D, and without proper cooperation there is no way the class can survive. Even if they somehow manage to survive, it will cause a big rift in the class which will be problematic for future class cooperation. In the original source, the fight is stretched longer and very tense. Hirata is under huge stress to keep both side calm.

That is also exactly why this island is chosen as the stage of this special examination. This exam is mean to test students survivability, adaptability, cooperation, management and taking compromise. This arc is also a show case where students like Horikita who are perfect in classroom setting is pretty much useless in this forest setting. On the other hand, Ike and Sudo is very useful to have around in this unhabitat island setting.

Also about this wrapping up and character development. There is nothing much that can be done really. LN still ongoing without much being revealed. They will probably ended with how class D manage in this special exam.
Sep 10, 2017 1:07 AM

Oct 2008
No OP this time...
Class D seems to be competent in survivals islands!
Koenji seems to enjoy forest a lot and showing-off his athletic skills!
Looks like Sakura is slowly falling for our MC!
Class D decides Horikita to be their leader this time...
Is Ibuki of Class a spy or just a lone wolf?
lolz Koenji messed-up...and looks like he's not even guilty! he doesn't even are about other...just himself..what a narcissist!
4/5.

Sep 10, 2017 9:08 PM

Mar 2016
honestly, the first time i watched this show i thought it was dramatic for no reason, but it's really picking up the pace. i love the idea of a survival game
Sep 11, 2017 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
I think this episode was definitely getting back on track. After two pretty bad episodes in a row. But there was still a lot of dumb stuff here. And steadily slipping animation quality. Not that it was great to start with. But there was a noticeable dip in this episode to me. Especially with how they animated Sakura weirdly. And the POV vine swinging scene. Still have no idea where they're going with that dude's arc. I hope the rest of this series can turn it around to being at least halfway decent again.
Sep 11, 2017 10:20 PM

Sep 2013
This show is seriously too stupid.
Sep 11, 2017 10:51 PM
Sep 2017
Koenji be like: just swinging on myvines and then make you lose some points, but who cares cuz im swinging on my vines
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2017 10:57 PM
Sep 2017
This episode was a good one, taking the entire show seriously after some stupid episodes like the generic pool. The anime needed this episode. The comedy such as Koenji was the funniest thing ever.
Sep 11, 2017 11:10 PM

Jun 2016
Just when you thought everything's going as planned, Koenji ruins it. Motherfucker.

Yoku yatta, Ike! So proud of him this episode. I hope they manage to survive the survival test.

Bruuh, that Class C student sure experiences a lot of shit from her class, huh? Poor girl. And now she's surprise with Class D's kindness and hospitality, but don't be fooled by Kushida. Lmfao.

I really ship Sakura and Ayanokouji. Gaaaah.

Such a good episode. Finally, I caught with this anime's episodes. Haha.

P.S. CAMPING IS THE WORST! Fuck camping. Let me stay in my bedroom. Fuck nature. Lmaooo.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 11, 2017 11:20 PM
Sep 2017
[quote=TheDoggoneGirl message=52280173]

I really ship Sakura and Ayanokouji. Gaaaah.

Nah bruh

Sep 12, 2017 9:47 AM

Sep 2016
There's one thing I don't really get... was the end supposed to be funny or was it supposed to try to piss me off due to what he did and how serious the music portrayed it?
Sep 15, 2017 4:17 PM

Dec 2016
Koenji the Kunt

Also I feel like the class is bonding real well this episode, which is really good!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 22, 2017 12:34 AM

Jan 2016
The new Tarzan movie looks lit as f.
Sep 26, 2017 5:12 AM

Feb 2014
This really has gone downhill fast since episode 6.
Sep 26, 2017 4:52 PM
Sep 2017
This anime so perfect ,, need S2 pls
Sep 27, 2017 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
It's not life or death, so it's a fairly tame struggle on this island. Makes it seem more school appropriate. Not sure what's going on with Koenji, just a strange character.
Oct 18, 2017 1:42 PM

Sep 2013
Survival but with points on the line.
Koenji bails :(
Nov 10, 2017 3:46 PM

May 2012
Decent development of this episode, but what was up with that ending! Let's see what's next.
Dec 21, 2017 1:24 AM

Sep 2011
Sakura is so damn cute...
Jan 21, 2018 1:13 AM

Jul 2017
Koenji is so weird but hilarious at the same time. When he gets screen time I question if I'm watching the same anime.

This anime is kind of stupid but enjoyable, I'm also liking the survival focus.

Now I'm craving a survival anime that would be similar to lost or cast away :D
Aug 26, 2018 4:49 AM

May 2016
Horikita made a really big scene in front of all 4 classes by declaring her resolve to ascend to A-Class, so giving her the key card is rather conspicuous but maybe they're playing the "last place you'd look for will be the most obvious spot" bit. Hiding away in her tent and not helping with the other activities isn't making her any more subtle though.

It's nice to see that Ike has really useful redeeming skills that helped him get closer to Kushida and the class. Everyone in Class D is really trusting too so Ibuki might have a better opinion of them if she wasn't a spy purposefully infiltrating the camp.

Koenji's more than active playing as Tarzan all day so it's doubtful that he's actually sick so I'll assume that he did a major dick move for laughs or out of apathy. I mean, how can someone who's sick swim from the shore and climb up on the ship's anchor chain at sea at nighttime.

Sep 14, 2018 7:41 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
ButtSlapper said:
welcome to the inferior version of BTOOOM!

LOL......perfect!! Two slices of pie for that reference. Meanwhile we have Toilet Time in the Tropics. It was an interesting episode in character dynamics to me. However instead of Tarzan.....Koenji reminds me of:
Dec 24, 2018 2:43 AM

Mar 2016
I think that class D already messed up. Sakura and Ayanokouji going into the enemy's area, inviting that blue haired girl, making a ring of people to cover up Horikita, discussing their plans openly, etc...
I don't even think that the bald dude was the leader of class A, they must've shown him with the card to trick any spies outside.

Whoa, never expected Ike to have an outdoor camping experience! That's certainly useful here, I have more respect for this character now.

Kouenji what a dickhead! He left his class, making them lose 1 manpower and 30 damn points!
Jul 13, 2019 7:40 AM

Oct 2017
I think that this bald guys is only trap ,true leader is someone other

Kinda boring arc ,I would rather something in school
Sep 24, 2019 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
I don't get what's going on with that Koenji guy. Seems like he doesn't even wanna succeed at this point.
Oct 21, 2019 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
I like the survival game aesthetic!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 5, 2020 4:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The school life at the beginning was better but it's cool, I just wonder what will happen
Apr 8, 2020 8:25 AM

Mar 2020
Sakura is just way to cute... I ship them!
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Scuderia1615&sclick=1]
Oct 11, 2020 8:23 PM

Jun 2020
It was actually nice to see them bond as a class. They seem like the most united class, the other classes seem like thugs/snakes.

The tone of this show is so off at times it’s almost laughable. What’s the deal with Kouenji, I don’t find him funny at all lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 4, 2021 8:05 AM
May 2020
this koenji guy better not jeopardise class D ahlie
Apr 9, 2021 4:59 AM

Dec 2013
Koenji was even weirder in this episode than usual.

I have no idea if that bald guy was supposed to be a red herring.
Apr 30, 2021 8:57 AM
Jul 2020
Lol rip those 30 S points
May 11, 2021 9:21 PM

Apr 2020
So Koenji selfishly quit only to see the moon? What

But I can't hate him. He's based af
Jul 5, 2021 2:21 PM

Mar 2019
Looks like a fun experiment. I still wonder if the bald guy is the leader since that girl still exists.

Koenji's so weird. He looks just fine to me, lol. Is he an actual human or some animal?

Great Ike moment as well, looking forward to the next episodes though it will take some time until I watch them.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 27, 2021 1:53 PM

May 2020
I personally like Koenji as a character, he's just weirdly funny.All students are trying their best to get a hold on this camping thing,probably now they will face some challenges in coming episodes
Feb 22, 2022 8:24 AM

Jun 2019
Koenji is that one motherfucker in the class. LMAO
May 1, 2022 6:31 AM
Oct 2019
yeahh "suncreen for the girls" lmao

Sakura moment was cute...

Koenji basically a freaking Tarzan and he doesn't look sick at all in the end, sus...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Apr 14

2 by Theo1899 »»
Apr 14, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

524 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.