Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 6, 2017 6:00 PM
Oct 2011
Lord_of_Anime said:
Good episode overall!

Sakura's fight with Shin was pretty good..I'll be it short...but good none the less!

I'm still disappointed with how weak Naruto and Sasuke appear so far in this series...I get they couldn't keep their action at the final valley level all the time...but really Sasuke couldn't see that stab through the clone coming?
I just rechecked the manga, that's an addition to the anime that wasn't there in the original. And unlike the extension to Sakura's portion of the fight, this is an addition we could have done without.
Sep 6, 2017 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
This is episode was on another level.
Sep 6, 2017 6:55 PM

May 2012
Great to see Mrs. Uchiha put in work this episode. Probably the best fight sequence Sakura has had over the course of the entire series! Overall I'm thoroughly satisfied with the adaptation of the Naruto Gaiden arc. Although I do think it would be cool if we somehow got filler material of the Sasuke and Sakura journeys. It just feels like there's so much more development that could be made with the whole SasuSaku family. But it's whatever, enjoyable watch nonetheless. :)
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 6, 2017 6:58 PM

Oct 2012
Very satisfying episode, I think it was quite a bit better then its manga counterpart too. I know I'm echoing half the comments but the brief fight scene Sakura had versus Shin was just fantastic and I hope we see more things of this quality in Boruto in the future. Naruto and kuramas brief moment in this episode was pretty awesome too.
Sep 6, 2017 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
Please Boruto keep it up! You're at a good place now don't f it up!
Sep 6, 2017 7:08 PM

Dec 2009
Z4k said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
I also need to say that Boruto's animation has been very high quality and far more consistent then Shippuden was throughout its run (It hasn't had a change of animation or art style since it started, so it doesn't appear to have had many outsourced episodes).

Actually, it's been a while since we got an in-house episode. Majority of the Gaiden arc had been outsourced to other studios while some small important important cuts were done in-house.

Do you have any sources on that?
Sep 6, 2017 10:11 PM
May 2017
The only down side to the Sakura Vs. Shin scene was that apparently it had to borrow from the 4th ED's animation budget. After the amazingness of the last ED this latest one is just disappointing. To be clear I think it was worth it.

Well what do you know after what feels like decades Sakura is finally living up to the awesomeness I saw inside her. Someone on the writing staff must have finally heard the fan complaints and made sure to give Sakura one of the most kick-ass scenes the series has seen with a surprising lack of giant energy robots and nuclear blasts.

The ending felt a little too forced. The writers clearly wrote themselves into a corner or ran out of episodes and had to pull a Kurama Ex Machina. Hopefully they'll commit to this ending and when the next problem arises the Hidden Leaf will have a Karate wizard clone army to help.

Lastly is anyone else wondering why Sauske didn't Amaterasu Shin when he had the chance? Did he run out of flames? Does the Sharingon negate it? Did he not want the two pre teen ninja girls to see a man burning to death? Their something other then bad writing here right...Right?
Sep 6, 2017 10:26 PM

Jul 2010
Sakura vs Shin animation gave me a boner.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Sep 6, 2017 10:44 PM
Aug 2017
After the last part, where karin says that the thing which was implanted in sarada's teeth was actually Sakura's and Sakura says, 'Ofcourse I am your actual mother'. It kind of proves that Sakura is Sarada's biological mother.

Anyways, the episode was super legit, It was adorable to see sasuke showing fatherly affection. The Sakura vs Shin fight was the most impressive and the Scary Kurama part was quite funny ( to me ). Overall great episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 11:14 PM
Sep 2017
Awesome episode! Sakura fought like a pro after a long time (previously, in Naruto Shippuden). Naruto's red eyes were really really CHILLING! Brought back memories of original Naruto.
There are only two problems in this episode:
1. Animation of Shin Uchiha - really, the animators were lazy when it came to Shin. His sketch was bad and his movements were comic-like.
2. Sasuke ignoring Sakura - If you love somebody, show it for God's sake!
Sep 7, 2017 3:15 AM
Oct 2011
Suradoe_Uchiha said:
Awesome episode! Sakura fought like a pro after a long time (previously, in Naruto Shippuden). Naruto's red eyes were really really CHILLING! Brought back memories of original Naruto.
There are only two problems in this episode:
1. Animation of Shin Uchiha - really, the animators were lazy when it came to Shin. His sketch was bad and his movements were comic-like.
2. Sasuke ignoring Sakura - If you love somebody, show it for God's sake!

Sasuke's always had problems with PDAs
Sep 7, 2017 4:19 AM

May 2014
Ah ah so much to talk about.

Karin, Kabuto reappearing was great! The ost during the episode was GODLIKE.

Sakura vs Shin was the BEST <3
Sarada using Sharingan was badass.

That joke with Sarada and Ino was hilarious xD
The scenes with the family were really cute, loved em.

The part with Kurama and Naruto was amazing too.

Basically 100/10 episode.
I hope we see more of Karin and Kabuto, I really like them.
Also, hopefully this Shin thing was setup for something in the future.

Sep 7, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Z4k said:

Actually, it's been a while since we got an in-house episode. Majority of the Gaiden arc had been outsourced to other studios while some small important important cuts were done in-house.

Do you have any sources on that?

It's mentioned in the ending credits.
Sep 7, 2017 7:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sarada and her parents really need to have a talk after
this crisis ends though. But right now the best thing
to do is to focus on rescueing her mother first.
To think that the enemy's goal is to revive Akatsuki
because he wants to create conflict for genes though.
If anything one of the most important things that Sakura
views is family and once the villain makes it clear that
he intends to threaten her's she's bound to be serious. Nice that
Sasuke and Sarada managed to get there in time though.
Switching places with Sakura to enable her to punch Shin
was crafty. Wow the shin clones betraying Shin was so unexpected.
Its funny that the clones just acted on Shin's teachings though and
used this to eliminate their father. Man thats a lot of clones there
though. So the shin clones already believed that Shin was useless
already and chose to replicate themselves before.

But its nice that Sarada now has the conviction
she needs to awaken her powers though. Naruto
using Kurama to scare the clones though actually
had the opposite effect to his words though.
Its nice that in the end they managed to stop Shin
and take the clones into custody where they can have
their own lives. So Kabuto was the head of the facility
that the clones were sent to that was unexpected.
Well i guess Chocho did find the truth after lol.
Funny how defensive Sarada got when Ino came close to
Sasuke though. Its nice that in the end that they really
had their talk in the end though. Nice that Sasuke is
more considerate towards Sarada now though. Its nice that
in the end that Sarada was able to find the answer that she
needed and that Sakura and Sasuke learnt to be more considerate
towards her and stop hiding secrets from her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2017 7:45 AM

Jun 2015
Slightly starting to enjoy this. ._.
It's still pretty cringey overall, but its cringiness does have some slight charm from time to time.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Sep 7, 2017 9:19 AM

Jul 2012
Great ep, I really liked the emotional development and the action was pretty good. The ending was the best, that forhead poke.
Sep 7, 2017 10:58 AM
Oct 2007
Looks like the studio know where to spend their budget on!

Sadly even though Boruto couldn't be seen much, this is probably my favourite arc so far!! :P
Sep 7, 2017 4:08 PM
May 2012
awww kabuto looking after the boys.
i'm just surprised that this was resolved after just a few episodes.
Sep 7, 2017 4:53 PM

Mar 2014
And the gaiden is done. Next adaption will probably be naruto 700 or probably that short arc about mitsuki's origins, but both of them would probably take only 1 episode each maybe 2 for the later.
Sep 7, 2017 5:21 PM

Nov 2015
Kabuto was the backbone of the 4th world war... Why isn't he rotting in a cell?? Obito merely declared it.
People sometimes get upset, because they have expectations, while I don't have the intentions.
Sep 7, 2017 5:53 PM

Nov 2016
Wow that was a great episode. Loving the animation when Sakura was fighting with Shin. Also nice to see Sakura's explosive punches x)

Sage mode <3
Damn, Kurama scared that pants out of those clones.

Haha so many clones in the orphanage. Nice to see Kabuto.

Sasuke looks way happier now, and Sakura's and Sasuke's interactions were cute :)

Anyway, like I said before, great episode. Many things happened and now we move to the next arc I suppose. 5/5 :)
Sep 7, 2017 8:18 PM

Aug 2016
One of the best episodes of Boruto to date undoubtedly, I love how the relationship between father and daughter finally developed. In summary good start, good development and good end of the arc of Sarada and his doubts in relation to his family.

Good episode.
5/5

This ending made me very happy.
Sep 8, 2017 1:52 AM

Jul 2016
And now back to crappy stories bout crappy kids
Sep 8, 2017 4:24 AM

Jan 2017
adzshamz said:
tambi33 said:
woah everything returned to the former glorious naruto fight scenes...
is it just me or did the scenes become slightly dragon ball (taijutsu wise)
beautiful "CHANNARO" by Sarada XDXD

"SHHIIIIIIII*" NARUTO VISUAL PROWESS IS AMAZING, STUNNED SHIN BE LIKE "damn i better get outta here"

i though sasuke was going to revive the uchiha clan, he only had one kid; what the..... but there's bear Shins' now so eehh

kabuto looks so spasticated XDXDXD

sakura's been temporarily friendzoned for sarada

P.S.
wonder what's gonna happen next week

i think it's gonna be chapter 700

Chapter 700? What, naruto chapter 700
Sep 8, 2017 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
tambi33 said:
adzshamz said:

i think it's gonna be chapter 700

Chapter 700? What, naruto chapter 700

yeah, probably cuz it's apparently happens after Gaiden
Sep 8, 2017 10:27 AM
Apr 2015
Killerb96 said:
DragonIncursio said:
Next major arc should be otsutsuki arc ... right ?? One can only hope

I think first they will make the team again (next episode) , then the chunnin exams then yes the otsutsuki

Yeah lol sorry was grouping them together since i saw it in the movie but youre right they probably will draw out the chunin arc a little then the otsutsuki which will add some thing as well. Do you think from the otsutsuki arc on, natuto and sasuke become main characters ?? I say that because of they play a big part in chunin exams and otsutsuki arcs but after that they are either killed or sent to another dimension. Which makes me believe that some organization will be after naruto and sasuke, maybe for their powers or either they are in conflict with another strong foe( kawaki) or someone else more powerful
Sep 8, 2017 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
Come to think of it some people were saying that chapter 700 came before episode 1 of the anime despite the several contradictions that would bring like Boruto being dismissed from class in ch. 700 but ep. 2 was his first day of school.
Sep 8, 2017 2:35 PM
Jul 2016
DragonIncursio said:
Killerb96 said:

I think first they will make the team again (next episode) , then the chunnin exams then yes the otsutsuki

Yeah lol sorry was grouping them together since i saw it in the movie but youre right they probably will draw out the chunin arc a little then the otsutsuki which will add some thing as well. Do you think from the otsutsuki arc on, natuto and sasuke become main characters ?? I say that because of they play a big part in chunin exams and otsutsuki arcs but after that they are either killed or sent to another dimension. Which makes me believe that some organization will be after naruto and sasuke, maybe for their powers or either they are in conflict with another strong foe( kawaki) or someone else more powerful

I dont read the manga so I dont no ,I really doubt, maybe after the movie they will focus on mitsuki ! because it is the character with less screen time and no or less developed between the three...as we saw sarada got some development...
(my opinion;)
Sep 8, 2017 8:15 PM

May 2015
Kudos to the choreography in Sakura's fight that sh*t was amazing...
Sep 9, 2017 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
there goes our chance of sarada becoming the next obito/madara..
Sep 9, 2017 11:56 AM

Aug 2011
Okay (sighs)... the fight scene with Sakura was awesome. There is no doubt she was the most improved character in Shippuden.

I read this when the manga chapters first came out and I dreaded seeing it live. The only reason I watched - I enjoy seeing fight scenes animated.

After Sasuke previously attempted to kill Sakura, I was hoping the parental outcome was different and actually would have made more sense. Sorry, have never been and will never be a Sas/Sak fan.

Cho-Cho did nothing the entire time and come on guys, even Choji rose to the occasion and nearly died protecting his comrades. Is it any reason to think his daughter wouldn't have engaged in battle too? Give me a break, Please Kodachi, do not repeat Kishimoto's mistakes in character development and do not put the Uchihas on a pedestal.

Looking forward to more Shikadai, Inochi and Metal Lee. Please do something positive with these characters.

Tsuyu_no_InochiSep 9, 2017 12:02 PM
Sep 9, 2017 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Sakura was amazing! I wish we could see more things of her like this! Sarada was also great, and Sasuke was kinda cute in the end...
Sep 9, 2017 2:46 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty good episode. It was funny when Shin sensed Kurama inside Naruto. Kind of a shame how he leaves immediately after, I would've wanted an episode where he tells Sadara about stuff he has done on his journey..
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Sep 9, 2017 4:20 PM
Dec 2013
Loved the top-notch animation used in the fight between Shin and Sakura. I'm happy to see fluidly-animated fight scenes carry on to Boruto. I hope Black Clover has fights that are animated like this (even though Sousei no Onmyouji didn't). I know I'm going to be rewatching this episode a lot in the future, just like how I do with the movie-quality episodes of Naruto and Naruto: Shippuuden.
Sep 9, 2017 6:05 PM

Dec 2010
Strong episode, we're finally almost caught up with the movie.
Sep 9, 2017 11:06 PM

Oct 2008
nice episode!
all the budget spent on that Sakura fight scene with Shin!
That forehead tap originated from Itachi!
nice appearance of Kabuto! and same with Karin!
I support Sarada on being a Hokage!...that means she'll be the 2nd female Hokage if that ever happens...
5/5.
matias067Sep 9, 2017 11:13 PM

Sep 10, 2017 5:42 AM
Sep 2015
It seems Boruto it's better without Boruto. Sarada should the protagonist.
Sep 11, 2017 7:36 AM

Sep 2017
The action in this episode was phenomenal. I'm telling you. When that fight scene between Shin and Sakura happened, my jaw was dropped to the floor. Amazing choreography. So I suppose the next arc might be the Mitsuki Backstory Arc, considering they've adapted the Naruto Gaiden manga in the anime. I'm excited for what's going to come next!
Sep 11, 2017 12:58 PM

Sep 2014
As Kabuto's life started in an orphanage , now he's the boss of other sort of an orphanage.

But really , they are just clones , do they even have their own feelings , their own mind and their own conciousness to be raised as individuals? So far they have only felt like biorobots with Shin being the main computer which sends out commands and every device obeys.
Sep 11, 2017 2:48 PM

Sep 2017
Hopefully the next episode can at least tell us the outcome of how the process of raising the clones would be like.
Sep 12, 2017 5:28 PM
Sep 2014
I can't believe I didn't see this episode sooner. The whole episode felt so good to watch from start to finish. That ending was perfect for me. The action was fucking hype for me. That fight scene between Sakura and Shin is everything. Team 7 still has it. Sarada had her time to show her Sharingan and strength. So good seeing Kabuto and Karin.
Sep 12, 2017 5:32 PM

Sep 2017
Not gonna lie, Karin is the great godmother for Sarada.
Sep 13, 2017 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
Beautiful animation this episode. The fight scene was definitely directed better in anime than manga.
Sep 14, 2017 10:01 AM

Dec 2016
sakura vs shin = sugoi!
Sep 14, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2010
Great action and animation, such a fantastic arc, just like manga version! Maybe because it was written by Kishimoto? I wish he came back to draw another volume or two for Boruto, sigh!
Anyway, I wonder what comes next, will they become genins in the close future? From what I remember, in the manga this arc took place just before graduation from the Academy. Then again, they barely been in it in anime... So maybe it'll be another anime-original arc after all.

I enjoyed these short Uchiha family moments as well, you can almost feel Sasuke's affection towards Sarada - I still don't buy him and Sakura though, I know he's awkward but come on >_> A kiss on the cheek after ~8 years of separation wouldn't hurt lol, would it?
Sep 14, 2017 10:40 PM

Sep 2015
Dam it Sasuke showed a lot of emotions we rarely see from him this episode.
Sep 15, 2017 6:39 AM
Jul 2016
Sakura kicked assssss. Her first 🔥🔥🔥 fight since Sasori
Sep 20, 2017 11:27 AM
Jan 2015
I fell for sakura !!
Oct 11, 2017 12:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Happy end to this arc when the two girls found her fathers!!!
Oct 29, 2017 12:46 PM

Jul 2016
lol, when all of those shin children got admitted into the facility with KABUTO *chokes on food* in the head of it all. still shocked that a lot of criminals didn't get put into jail or something but it is what it is.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Yesterday, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.