Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 6, 2017 6:27 AM

Dec 2014
They went all out on the animation for the extended fights, Impressive.

It's pretty obvious that Sarada's real Mom was Sakura anyway so no surprises there.

Sasuke acting fatherly was real nice to see and I loved how he pulled an Itachi at the end , still not as good as the latter though. xD
Sep 6, 2017 6:37 AM

Jan 2017
woah everything returned to the former glorious naruto fight scenes...
is it just me or did the scenes become slightly dragon ball (taijutsu wise)
beautiful "CHANNARO" by Sarada XDXD

"SHHIIIIIIII*" NARUTO VISUAL PROWESS IS AMAZING, STUNNED SHIN BE LIKE "damn i better get outta here"

i though sasuke was going to revive the uchiha clan, he only had one kid; what the..... but there's bear Shins' now so eehh

kabuto looks so spasticated XDXDXD

sakura's been temporarily friendzoned for sarada

P.S.
wonder what's gonna happen next week
Sep 6, 2017 6:42 AM

Jan 2017
NeoAnkara said:

The best action scene that Sakura ever have in the entire franchise.

SO BLOODY TRUE. Its cz the main focus was on sakura fighting rather than as a team or just naruto and sasuke
Sep 6, 2017 6:44 AM

Jan 2017
loved how kurama was all up in shin's face

"like b**ch please, you ain't in my league"
Sep 6, 2017 6:50 AM

Jul 2017
tambi33 said:
woah everything returned to the former glorious naruto fight scenes...
is it just me or did the scenes become slightly dragon ball (taijutsu wise)
beautiful "CHANNARO" by Sarada XDXD

"SHHIIIIIIII*" NARUTO VISUAL PROWESS IS AMAZING, STUNNED SHIN BE LIKE "damn i better get outta here"

i though sasuke was going to revive the uchiha clan, he only had one kid; what the..... but there's bear Shins' now so eehh

kabuto looks so spasticated XDXDXD

sakura's been temporarily friendzoned for sarada

P.S.
wonder what's gonna happen next week

i think it's gonna be chapter 700
Sep 6, 2017 7:02 AM

Apr 2015
Yooo very nice action in this episode.

It's nice to see Kabuto again, he is funny now haha.

So now Sarada want to become Hokage, huh?

4/5

Sep 6, 2017 7:15 AM

Sep 2013
5/5

That Sakura vs Shin fight was pretty damn awesome! Though it had a hiccup or two, I thought the animation in that fight was great. I hope we get something like this more often with the kids in the future. Though their skill levels wouldn't be as polished as the war hardened adults so I don't expect them to be half as strong as them.

Sasuke being a better dad towards the end was nice. It still amazes me to see who he has become today after over a decade of what he was before. Glad that he's a much happier person. I've never seen him smile so much in a single episode. Now all I want from him is a genuine laugh and I'm good.

And thus the Sarada family drama saga ends. I've enjoyed it very much and Sarada is pretty awesome. She's definitely my favorite character of the series. Though Mitsuki and Sumire isn't too far behind. Hopefully we'll get more character development with Mitsuki in the future.
TehSnawnSep 6, 2017 7:21 AM

Sep 6, 2017 7:23 AM
Nov 2015
I can honestly say I appreciated this episode. It finally gave Sasuke/Sakura fans some clarity without having Sasuke being out of character (overly mushy-gushy).
Sep 6, 2017 7:41 AM

Jun 2015
Amazing episode with some good action and emotions. Sakura vs Shin was great. She did really well. The animation was smooth. Sarada using her Sharingan and landing that punch was epic. Naruto and Kurama are quite scary. They stroke fear in the clones. Kabuto looking after them is amusing. Sasuke smiling and acting fatherly is a sweet thing to see. The poke on Sarada's head was adorable!
Sep 6, 2017 7:44 AM

Jul 2017
PekiNN said:
Yooo very nice action in this episode.

It's nice to see Kabuto again, he is funny now haha.

So now Sarada want to become Hokage, huh?

4/5

he is currently work as a priest haha
Sep 6, 2017 7:54 AM

May 2013
Amazing episode! Well done.
Sep 6, 2017 8:03 AM

Sep 2013
Great fight and everything is resolved, kabuto with the orphanage XD
Sep 6, 2017 8:17 AM

Feb 2014
This was a pretty good episode to wrap up this small arc. Sakura vs Shin was very surpising though. The animation as the two clashed looked really good, and seeing Sarada use her Sharingan to dodge Shin's attack and land a nice powerful punch to the small eye was pretty cool too. =)

Seeing Kabuto again was a small surprise too. Good to see him taking in all the Shin clones and wanting them to be a family. And of course, Karen corrected Suigetsu that Sarada's mother WAS Sakura as she delivered Sarada at birth. At least that has been cleared up now

Nice special ED animation as well, with Sakura and Sasuke holding Sarada's hands at the end. =)
Sep 6, 2017 9:14 AM
Jul 2017
I just wanna say that I'm addicted to the Ending Theme...
It's Godly.
Sep 6, 2017 9:19 AM
Jun 2008
Amazing episode.
Sakura finally got a few badass moments.
Her SHANNARO were never cooler than today.

Good Job Pierrot, I'm starting to like Mitsuki, Sarada and Chouchou. Now back to Boruto......
Sep 6, 2017 9:38 AM

Feb 2012
Lol. Mitsuki shipping Sarada x Boruto in the next episode's preview. (I know.. he probably didn't mean ''great pair'' in a romantic way but still it was funny)
Sep 6, 2017 9:41 AM

May 2017
A married Ino still digs Sasuke lol even Karin doesn't give up that's probably why Sasuke became professor Snape lol but Sasuke has shit taste, I'd choose Karin or Ino over Sakura any day
Sep 6, 2017 9:47 AM
Aug 2016
So, finally they decided to put some good animators to work.
Sep 6, 2017 10:02 AM

Mar 2016
Good episode overall!

Sakura's fight with Shin was pretty good..I'll be it short...but good none the less!

I'm still disappointed with how weak Naruto and Sasuke appear so far in this series...I get they couldn't keep their action at the final valley level all the time...but really Sasuke couldn't see that stab through the clone coming?

Sasuke is less technically sound with his fighting then he was when he fought Deidara!!! If it wasn't for his Susanoo and Rennigan I'd think the Sasuke that fought Itatchi was stronger...it just makes the fights so disappointing

Either make the villains up to Naruto and Sasuke's level like they did in the Boruto Movie or allow Naruto and Sasuke to totally crush an opponent like Shin who is clearly far weaker

Anyway I look forward to seeing what's next to come!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 6, 2017 10:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The godlike animation returns.....This episode would have been perfect if they didn't cut out some dialogue with Sarada near the end
Sep 6, 2017 10:39 AM

Jan 2017
The way how things were executed in this episode was better than I thought it would be. It was a nice adaptation of this part of Gaiden.
Sep 6, 2017 11:23 AM

Oct 2015
Sakura's fight had stunning animation. I was really pleased with the resolution for the Shin clones, I'm excited to see how they adapt.
Sep 6, 2017 11:41 AM
Apr 2017
Really good episode.

Kurama and Naruto can be scary when they want too.

It's nice too see Sasuke's growth as a character, he cares for his loved ones in his own way.

Sep 6, 2017 11:46 AM
Jul 2017
This episode was amazing. Sakura vs shin was awesome. Everyone says she is useless but during this ep, she really showed what she could do. Also, Sarada is my fav character in Boruto now. To bad Sasuke had to leave.... again.
Sep 6, 2017 12:06 PM
May 2011
great stuff, just finished binging the whole show and the only thing i really have a problem with is boruto's eye.
Sep 6, 2017 12:21 PM
Aug 2017
Boruto is so amazing show ! :)

I would be fine too if Sarada was the main protagonist, she is such a lovable character.
Sep 6, 2017 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
Sasuke redeemed himself as a papa lol...and i really like Karin's new look
Sep 6, 2017 1:27 PM

Jul 2010
Haha, didn't notice Sasuke smirking at the end, that was really adorable.

Hope he visits more often! Excited to see the kids forming three-man cells -- looks like it'll be next episode. Glad Gaiden has FINALLY been fully adapted! Still made me mad as when I read it, but the end is really sweet regardless.

Looking forward to more Boruto next episode! Wish he was a little more involved in Gaiden, so we'd get to see some development between him & Sarada.
Sep 6, 2017 1:31 PM
Apr 2015
Next major arc should be otsutsuki arc ... right ?? One can only hope
Sep 6, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
This ep is so cute. One of the best so far. I shed tears aww. 5/5

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 6, 2017 2:31 PM

Mar 2016
Sarada's mom was bad ass and Boruto s bad was being scary :/

Okay episode... I really don't want to the Akatsuki come back... like dafuq get original!!!!!!'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 3:11 PM

Dec 2009
This episode went above and beyond in terms of adapting the last several chapters of the Scarlet Spring manga. Hands down had some of the best animated fight scenes (Sakura's part stole the show) in the series yet and all the new added content enhanced the source material dramatically. It's apparent that studio pierrot is pouring a lot of money, time, and even love into making the Boruto anime series be the best it absolutely can be and continue the legacy of its parent series.

I also need to say that Boruto's animation has been very high quality and far more consistent then Shippuden was throughout its run (It hasn't had a change of animation or art style since it started, so it doesn't appear to have had many outsourced episodes). Like seriously some of the fight scenes in this episode alone looked damn near movie quality. If you're a fan of the original Naruto anime and you were on the fence about Boruto I think it's safe to say you should jump in. It had a pretty entertaining first arc, great stand alone episodes developing the cast, and then it even enhanced the Scarlet Spring story with an absolutely fantastic second arc. Really looking forward to where the series goes from here.
Sep 6, 2017 3:46 PM
Aug 2017
All this boruto hate is making me not see how beautiful boruto can be, seriously, all i have been hearing is hate, if i ignored it i would probably enjoy it much more...
anyways:
awesome sakura vs shin fight scene
great wrap up
5/5 episode
Sep 6, 2017 3:58 PM

Dec 2012
That Sakura vs Shin animation! That's what I wanna see!
Sep 6, 2017 4:15 PM

Apr 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
I also need to say that Boruto's animation has been very high quality and far more consistent then Shippuden was throughout its run (It hasn't had a change of animation or art style since it started, so it doesn't appear to have had many outsourced episodes).

Actually, it's been a while since we got an in-house episode. Majority of the Gaiden arc had been outsourced to other studios while some small important important cuts were done in-house.
Sep 6, 2017 4:24 PM

Oct 2011
this ep was even better than major shippuuden eps wow

next eps with only new generation gonna be boring af again i bet

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Sep 6, 2017 4:41 PM
Jan 2017
Great episode hope that the show stays at this quality, great ending to the arc setting up sarada's goal to become the hokage and showing Sakura being awesome..... never thought I'd say that (plus that Shin vs Sakura fight was the best fight in this show)
LjwSep 6, 2017 4:45 PM
Sep 6, 2017 5:06 PM
Jul 2016
When the series itself it's better without the Fu##ing protagnist! bruh
This episode since the nue release, is so lit!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 5:17 PM
Sep 2017
Omg the best episode of this series so far! Sakura's fight with Shin was really well animated! Awwh the Uchiha family's interaction is sooooo cute. Nearly missed Sasuke's smirk near the end, really cute scene! XD
Sep 6, 2017 5:20 PM
Jul 2016
DragonIncursio said:
Next major arc should be otsutsuki arc ... right ?? One can only hope

I think first they will make the team again (next episode) , then the chunnin exams then yes the otsutsuki
Sep 6, 2017 6:00 PM
Oct 2011
Lord_of_Anime said:
Good episode overall!

Sakura's fight with Shin was pretty good..I'll be it short...but good none the less!

I'm still disappointed with how weak Naruto and Sasuke appear so far in this series...I get they couldn't keep their action at the final valley level all the time...but really Sasuke couldn't see that stab through the clone coming?
I just rechecked the manga, that's an addition to the anime that wasn't there in the original. And unlike the extension to Sakura's portion of the fight, this is an addition we could have done without.
Sep 6, 2017 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
This is episode was on another level.
Sep 6, 2017 6:55 PM

May 2012
Great to see Mrs. Uchiha put in work this episode. Probably the best fight sequence Sakura has had over the course of the entire series! Overall I'm thoroughly satisfied with the adaptation of the Naruto Gaiden arc. Although I do think it would be cool if we somehow got filler material of the Sasuke and Sakura journeys. It just feels like there's so much more development that could be made with the whole SasuSaku family. But it's whatever, enjoyable watch nonetheless. :)
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 6, 2017 6:58 PM

Oct 2012
Very satisfying episode, I think it was quite a bit better then its manga counterpart too. I know I'm echoing half the comments but the brief fight scene Sakura had versus Shin was just fantastic and I hope we see more things of this quality in Boruto in the future. Naruto and kuramas brief moment in this episode was pretty awesome too.
Sep 6, 2017 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
Please Boruto keep it up! You're at a good place now don't f it up!
Sep 6, 2017 7:08 PM

Dec 2009
Z4k said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
I also need to say that Boruto's animation has been very high quality and far more consistent then Shippuden was throughout its run (It hasn't had a change of animation or art style since it started, so it doesn't appear to have had many outsourced episodes).

Actually, it's been a while since we got an in-house episode. Majority of the Gaiden arc had been outsourced to other studios while some small important important cuts were done in-house.

Do you have any sources on that?
Sep 6, 2017 10:11 PM
May 2017
The only down side to the Sakura Vs. Shin scene was that apparently it had to borrow from the 4th ED's animation budget. After the amazingness of the last ED this latest one is just disappointing. To be clear I think it was worth it.

Well what do you know after what feels like decades Sakura is finally living up to the awesomeness I saw inside her. Someone on the writing staff must have finally heard the fan complaints and made sure to give Sakura one of the most kick-ass scenes the series has seen with a surprising lack of giant energy robots and nuclear blasts.

The ending felt a little too forced. The writers clearly wrote themselves into a corner or ran out of episodes and had to pull a Kurama Ex Machina. Hopefully they'll commit to this ending and when the next problem arises the Hidden Leaf will have a Karate wizard clone army to help.

Lastly is anyone else wondering why Sauske didn't Amaterasu Shin when he had the chance? Did he run out of flames? Does the Sharingon negate it? Did he not want the two pre teen ninja girls to see a man burning to death? Their something other then bad writing here right...Right?
Sep 6, 2017 10:26 PM

Jul 2010
Sakura vs Shin animation gave me a boner.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Sep 6, 2017 10:44 PM
Aug 2017
After the last part, where karin says that the thing which was implanted in sarada's teeth was actually Sakura's and Sakura says, 'Ofcourse I am your actual mother'. It kind of proves that Sakura is Sarada's biological mother.

Anyways, the episode was super legit, It was adorable to see sasuke showing fatherly affection. The Sakura vs Shin fight was the most impressive and the Scary Kurama part was quite funny ( to me ). Overall great episode.
Sep 6, 2017 11:14 PM
Sep 2017
Awesome episode! Sakura fought like a pro after a long time (previously, in Naruto Shippuden). Naruto's red eyes were really really CHILLING! Brought back memories of original Naruto.
There are only two problems in this episode:
1. Animation of Shin Uchiha - really, the animators were lazy when it came to Shin. His sketch was bad and his movements were comic-like.
2. Sasuke ignoring Sakura - If you love somebody, show it for God's sake!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.