Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2017 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I miss Black Ghost already... probably the only thing close enough to redeem some of this boring greek god arc for me is that Apollo is voiced by Akira Ishida.

Hopefully it ends in the next episode.
Sep 14, 2019 6:03 AM

Nov 2007
Agreed. The idea is kind of fun but the execution is sooooo dull.

Sep 16, 2021 5:52 PM
Jan 2018
Joe is reunited with his one true love, diving off of a cliff into the water. And the fight choreography got some solid improvements. I think I know what the premise of this show so far is.

Black Ghost represents chaos and by screwing over the cyborgs, Chaos created its own downfall. Mythos represents order. The other side of the spectrum. Now the cyborgs fight against order for humanities freedom.

The issue is that this basic premise has been done much better and much worse than this show. Nothing new is brought to the table, and the execution of the concept is extremely lacking. This show right now is a lot of JRPG vibes. Who knows how many storytellers were inspired by this manga from the 60s?

This arc isn't that long and the buzz on the net is that the last arc of this show is the best. Hopefully we will get there sooner rather than later.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 46 Discussion

Tenth - Sep 18, 2017

4 by requiett »»
Mar 27, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 50 Discussion

lihle808 - Oct 26, 2019

1 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 13, 2023 7:00 AM

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 48 Discussion

Tenth - Sep 18, 2017

5 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 11, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 47 Discussion

Tenth - Sep 18, 2017

3 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 10, 2023 8:28 AM

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 45 Discussion

Tenth - Sep 15, 2017

3 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 9, 2023 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.