Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 14, 2017 6:56 PM

Apr 2015
lol
the elve guy looks like Link...
Sep 15, 2017 1:09 AM

Mar 2009
You know she's the queen because she has the biggest tits.
Sep 16, 2017 12:23 AM

Nov 2009
EcchiKingMamster said:
does she really wanna know what this white substance is? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

When you say it, it sounds naughty.

anirudhsuki said:
Why did they ask Kuro for help. Her magic should outstrip all of the world except her peers? Or does Victoria have more magic than the dragon of death?

I think Kuro is suppressing her magic, so the fairies can't sense it.
I think fairies would have been very afraid if they were able to feel her magic, because it brings death to all living things. I think the wizards who did feel it were worried.

Atavistic said:
If the fairies had been introduced early on in the series, I wouldn't have minded their precautions because we'd have the same lack of knowledge about the door as they did (outside of reading the synopsis, at least). Instead, that whole sequence was downright tedious (albeit understandable) because we already know that there is absolutely nothing to worry about behind the door.

When you're this small compared to most other beings in your world, you learn to be cautious.

Ookami-des said:
So far the worst episode, I guess this show is about:

1. Hello, we are random generic characters / race
2. Omg, magical door! / yes, that magical door
3. Add specific taste
4. Food is good, also good if ()
5. We'll come again to eat the same food all over again because we are NPC now
6. Another settlement needs our help! repeat

Yes, and the major part of the fun is seeing "random generic characters / race", because they aren't all that generic, and it's nice to see what they are like when not engaged in epic conflicts.

TsundeReaper said:
As for this episode, meh, another elf that looks like that one from before who's also lives in giant trees with houses, identity freaking crisis

EDIT: so Faldania is the elf that appear in this second half of this episode, same elf as the one as I describe whom had already appeared before, forgettable characters

I do not think elves have any problems telling each other apart, even if they share the same culture. It actually makes sense for all elves to share the same culture, because they are long-lived, insular, and few in number. Especially since Isekai Shokudou's elves seem hard-coded to be tree-hugging hippies (I think it's the only kind of elves that is vegan by biology).
Sep 25, 2017 6:48 AM

Feb 2008
Natto on spaghetti with "nori" and some kind of herb or veggie... Who wudda thunk of that? Makes sense but I never would've thought of the combination on my own. Will ask around before making it.

The one thing I loved this episode was the music accompanying the fairies' portion of the show. Very good at heightening the tension they felt.
Oct 6, 2017 6:45 PM

May 2012
Another fantastic episode, really a shame to know it's almost finished! Let's see what's next though.
Dec 27, 2017 4:30 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
FinalFlash18 said:
I'm actually curious what Natto smells like and how does it taste lol.

Do you know any places that sell Asian food near you? Consider Googling Japanese markets. Mitsuwa, Tokyo Central, etc. Natto is actually pretty cheap ($2 max in stores), so you can give it a try without losing too much if you don't like it! A lot of people... really don't like it. Lol
If you find a Japanese restaurant that makes natto, that might work too!

I should know, but I'm not really sure how well shipping natto from elsewhere would go since natto usually needs to be refrigerated.
Good luck!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 28, 2017 8:15 AM
Jun 2013
Swiggy said:
FinalFlash18 said:
I'm actually curious what Natto smells like and how does it taste lol.

Do you know any places that sell Asian food near you? Consider Googling Japanese markets. Mitsuwa, Tokyo Central, etc. Natto is actually pretty cheap ($2 max in stores), so you can give it a try without losing too much if you don't like it! A lot of people... really don't like it. Lol

I should know, but I'm not really sure how well shipping natto from elsewhere would go since natto usually needs to be refrigerated.
Good luck!

From what I have heard natto is, depending on the person, usually nasty stuff, something akin to Limburger cheese in its smell and taste. Although some people swear that is is delicious. Even some Japanese don't like the taste of natto, but still some Japanese will eat it.
Dec 29, 2017 3:08 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
LadyMal said:
Swiggy said:

Good luck!

From what I have heard natto is, depending on the person, usually nasty stuff, something akin to Limburger cheese in its smell and taste. Although some people swear that is is delicious. Even some Japanese don't like the taste of natto, but still some Japanese will eat it.

I find that natto alone is kinda... sour? Slightly earthly but bitter? Also sharp in its taste. If I eat it with the little sauces they sometimes come with, they're so much more palatable-- though not something I'm dying for either. I'd have no doubts that natto in the right hands could be great.

Maybe you can try to find a place that sells natto as well to try for yourself! ouo It's hard for me to explain the taste, so I didn't bother at first.;; I'd rather have everyone try on their ow if they can.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 29, 2017 9:12 AM
Jun 2013
Swiggy said:
LadyMal said:

I find that natto alone is kinda... sour? Slightly earthly but bitter? Also sharp in its taste. If I eat it with the little sauces they sometimes come with, they're so much more palatable-- though not something I'm dying for either. I'd have no doubts that natto in the right hands could be great.

Maybe you can try to find a place that sells natto as well to try for yourself! ouo It's hard for me to explain the taste, so I didn't bother at first.;; I'd rather have everyone try on their ow if they can.;;

I know of 3 major Asian food stores and I believe that all 3 stores have natto, but I never had tried it, because of its unique taste. I should tell you. although you might know, is that I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Besides the three major Asian food stores, there are many smaller food stores that might have natto as well.

One other thing that I have heard that describe the taste, think of baked beans and mix in Limburger cheese and that is the taste.
LadyMalDec 29, 2017 9:15 AM
Feb 22, 2018 4:45 AM

Mar 2015
Another quaint episode, and it looks like we're getting more Kuro focus next episode at last!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 6, 2018 9:54 PM

Apr 2016
Thank goodness those loud fairies had a wise and good leader to lead them.She also decides everything to ensure their safety and can find the right person to talk to by her senses.She decided to talk with Victoria who has the highest magic there to understand more about this restaurant.Victoria is also really good at deciding the food best suited to fairies,is this the first time she saw fairies?How could she know what they like to eat?The Queen Fairy Tiana only allows selected fairies instead of bringing them all in,a wise choice since too much fairies might bring chaos there.We get to see Fardania's journey,she would make a great chef based on her sense of taste.She also will produce faster research result than other elves I believe.
Hi,please be patient,thank you.
Apr 8, 2018 4:00 AM

Aug 2016
I really don't like beans, so the spaghetti was kinda ruined imo.
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 6, 2020 3:16 AM

Dec 2013
I seriously love the first part! The fairies look so beautiful and they really enjoyed the crepe. Good thing Princess Victoria was there to help them and will even pay for their meals.

Second part, well at least these is someone who doesn't order the same stuff.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 7, 2020 2:43 PM

Jun 2019
You know something - I love trying every conceivable different food out there as long as it's physically edible and not poison, and natto is one of the things which most prominently sticks out in my mind as something I haven't had the chance to try yet and that irritates me. I don't know whether or not I would like it as just because I'm open to trying anything never serves as a guarantee that I'll like it, but I probably would as I'm partial to strong flavors. So now watching this episode has made me really crave natto over pasta or rice, but the only place to acquire it is in a Japanese marketplace about a half hour from where I live. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not even sure if they're open due to the ongoing lockdown related to the global pandemic. Hopefully I can try natto soon in a variety of forms and with different side dish pairings.

Also, the fairies doing what they do was enchanting. I thought they were some new humanoid butterfly species at first. Fairies interacting with the bounties of nature like fruit is the purest thing imaginable.
Mar 8, 2021 9:28 AM

Feb 2020
Aww, those fairies were so cute. I wish I could shrink myself into their sizes and go to their world and live there for the rest of my life. :3

SerafosJan 9, 11:52 AM
Mar 9, 2021 7:42 AM
Jun 2013
Serafos said:
Aww those fairies were so cute. I wish I could shrink myself into their sizes and go to their world and live there for the rest of my life. <3

And have a harem of fairies, as, I can remember, there is no male around.
Apr 27, 2021 3:54 PM
Apr 2021
reminds me of link and zelda goin on a date.
May 29, 2021 8:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the fairies! That was pretty good to see, and same for the 2nd part with the elf girl
Sep 30, 2021 10:25 AM

Aug 2011
I was wondering when fairies would show up in this show, it's really cool seeing them eat that big crepe!

Also, natto spaghetti sounds kinda gross but the way they showed up makes me kinda wanna try
desu desu binches
Dec 11, 2021 7:34 PM
Nov 2020
What is the seed the fairy's give to her?
Dec 11, 2021 7:34 PM
Nov 2020
What is the seed the fairy's give to her?
Jan 25, 2022 5:09 PM
Jan 2022
Just realized that them fairies are really small when the fairy queen hold sliced crepes like humans holding a novel 😀 and natto is Japanese sticky fermented soya, and it would be smelly so I'll pass it if someone gave me some. My fav fruit Durian is #1 smelliest food? I don't think it's smellier than sürstroming
Apr 22, 2022 10:00 AM
Jun 2013
rsm220 said:
correct me if im wrong , but isnt spaghetti made with EGGS???? which elves arent dupposed to eat!!

Spaghetti is made from flour (semolina) and water, noodles can contain eggs, especially egg noodles. Also, you spelled suppose wrong, you spelled it dupposed instead of suppose.
Jan 13, 2023 5:07 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Probably my least favorite of the bunch. Not for anything big. I'm just not a fan of fruit or natto so double whammy of least appatizing.

I like how this series builds on past paterons and doesn't just keep making new ones. It really does keep investing in their good cast.
Aug 31, 2023 12:51 PM

Jan 2021
Custard? Chocolate? Shucream!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.