Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 4, 2017 1:13 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Sep 4, 2017 1:14 PM

Feb 2016
zal said:
ahoyanen said:
All I know is that it is way worse than Byousoku 5 Centimeter and Kotonoha no Niwa but yet it has higher scores.
Yeah, I agree. I believe a lot of the difference is in the amount of hype the different shows had since Makoto Shinkai wasn't as well known back then. Moreover there's also the fact that in Kimi no Na wa the couple actually ends up together which is a big + for many people, unlike 5 cm which might have left many people disappointed by the bittersweet ending.

I did not mind the ending actually. I just felt Kimi no Na wa had lots of bullshit in it. Byousoku 5 Centimeter and Kotonoha no Niwa were very realistic and addressed some relevant real-life topics.
Sep 4, 2017 5:26 PM

Mar 2015
Guranto-kun said:
Kuma said:

you mean series like
>FMA:b
>Steins;Gate
>Fate/Zero
>RE:Zero
>Shingeki no Kyojin
>Boku dake ga Inai Machi
>Prison School
>One Punch Man
>Psycho-Pass
>Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
>Death Note
>Berserk
>Akame ga Kill!
>D.Gray-man
>Tokyo Ghoul
shows like this? yeah, agreed TBH...

Yup there are more, er I mean its more like ALL. You see ALL popular shows are like that, be it Anime, anime movies, Real life movies and TV series they're all Overrated and Garbage. < you always see this stuff in all popular shows and yes that includes Gintama, Mushishi and Natsume all overrated and garbage.

so, you admit you has garbage taste? nice to hear...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 5, 2017 7:53 AM

Mar 2012
I don't love KnNw and I don't even think it's the best from Makoto Shinkai. But you have to admit it has a lot of mass appeal. Amazing visuals. Top-notch soundtrack. Romance between two somewhat clumsy and hot-headed teenagers with relatively realistic personalities. Conquering the hardship of death. Body-swap comedy. Time travel intrigue. The power of fate. Happy, sweet ending.

Again, none of these necessarily make KnNw great, but it's a well orchestrated piece of work that hits the sweet spot for a wide range of audience. I might call it overrated, but you have to be somewhat of an edgelord to criticize it down to hell. It's still much, much better than most of the garbage we get fed from the anime industry.
Sep 14, 2017 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
AssortedEmotions said:
It's got huge plot holes left and right. What's so good about it?

1. The largest plot hole by far was the idea that they wouldn't know that they were experiencing different times. Even three years is enough for technology, politics, and current events to change drastically, but more importantly, they're in school. Did everyone conveniently forget that you're required to put the date on every single paper you turn in? You'd think someone would notice that stuff they're invested in didn't exist or was already obsolete, and that the date was off (and by the way, in Japan the date is written on the blackboard, so "different culture" is no excuse). Utterly idiotic.

2. "Everything" to do with the other person conveniently vanishes when they show someone else. Why? If it's real, why did it disappear? But more importantly, why was it only the diaries? Their interactions with other people didn't go away. This is evidenced most clearly by the guy's "senpai" at work. What's up with that, huh?

3. People doubt the original evacuation announcement. You'd think that everyone would already start moving as soon as they heard there was a massive emergency, yeah? But even before it was interrupted, everyone was just, "Oh, we might die if we don't get moving. Better stand around." But then, even though nothing changed (talking to the mayor was unsuccessful, remember? She got kicked out, remember?), everyone evacuated just when things were getting desperate. And they all traveled several miles in 30 seconds. Huh.

And don't get me started on the characters' "growth" throughout the movie. Namely, there was none. At all. Aside from them "falling in love" and then forgetting within a few seconds, there was no change to their personality. And yet no-one noticed the huge, massive disparities between how they acted "normally" and how they acted when the other person was in control? Even though that stuff wasn't forgotten?

I dunno, it just feels like people read the "critics'" views on it (I'm not convinced the majority weren't bribed), saw that the director was famous (for similarly bad movies), and figured, "hey, it must be great! Let's ignore reality for a bit, stop thinking, and just get overly emotional at all the cheesy melodrama!"

Just pisses me off that garbage like this is rated so highly.

Majority of people aren't critics so, they don't often notice flaws or they just don't find the flaws that big of a deal to affect their own enjoyment. Instead of asking on here, why don't you look on many well written reviews by many known critics all over the web to see why they enjoy it so much? and really? You think they're being paid to review? Paid by who? A Japanese company paying western reviewers? That's quite funny.
FlamingMangosSep 14, 2017 9:59 PM
Sep 24, 2017 7:48 AM
Jun 2016
Guranto-kun said:
What's the point of this? ALL POPULAR SHOWS OR MOVIES ARE OVERRATED AND GARBAGE anyway.

You really don't understand what ur saying. U should give examples rather than a child's rant...😒
Sep 24, 2017 8:22 AM
Aug 2017
I personally have always felt that your name was inferior to silent voice for most of the reasons that assortedemotions pointed out. now i may be blinded by oppinion but i really do feel like there is a lot of anime out there with much more solid plots and characters
Sep 24, 2017 9:52 AM
Jun 2016
Kuma said:
Guranto-kun said:

You can check all popular shows and you'll see tons of "overrated" and "garbage".

you mean series like
>FMA:b
>Steins;Gate
>Fate/Zero
>RE:Zero
>Shingeki no Kyojin
>Boku dake ga Inai Machi
>Prison School
>One Punch Man
>Psycho-Pass
>Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
>Death Note
>Berserk
>Akame ga Kill!
>D.Gray-man
>Tokyo Ghoul
shows like this? yeah, agreed TBH...
Hey, Tokyo ghoul is really good n so are all of the above. But yea I agree with only one punch man BTW...😅
Sep 24, 2017 10:34 AM
Jun 2016
AssortedEmotions said:
It's got huge plot holes left and right. What's so good about it?

1. The largest plot hole by far was the idea that they wouldn't know that they were experiencing different times. Even three years is enough for technology, politics, and current events to change drastically, but more importantly, they're in school. Did everyone conveniently forget that you're required to put the date on every single paper you turn in? You'd think someone would notice that stuff they're invested in didn't exist or was already obsolete, and that the date was off (and by the way, in Japan the date is written on the blackboard, so "different culture" is no excuse). Utterly idiotic.

2. "Everything" to do with the other person conveniently vanishes when they show someone else. Why? If it's real, why did it disappear? But more importantly, why was it only the diaries? Their interactions with other people didn't go away. This is evidenced most clearly by the guy's "senpai" at work. What's up with that, huh?

3. People doubt the original evacuation announcement. You'd think that everyone would already start moving as soon as they heard there was a massive emergency, yeah? But even before it was interrupted, everyone was just, "Oh, we might die if we don't get moving. Better stand around." But then, even though nothing changed (talking to the mayor was unsuccessful, remember? She got kicked out, remember?), everyone evacuated just when things were getting desperate. And they all traveled several miles in 30 seconds. Huh.

And don't get me started on the characters' "growth" throughout the movie. Namely, there was none. At all. Aside from them "falling in love" and then forgetting within a few seconds, there was no change to their personality. And yet no-one noticed the huge, massive disparities between how they acted "normally" and how they acted when the other person was in control? Even though that stuff wasn't forgotten?

I dunno, it just feels like people read the "critics'" views on it (I'm not convinced the majority weren't bribed), saw that the director was famous (for similarly bad movies), and figured, "hey, it must be great! Let's ignore reality for a bit, stop thinking, and just get overly emotional at all the cheesy melodrama!"

Just pisses me off that garbage like this is rated so highly.

1. This plot hole is invalid as it was hinted in the film that Mitsuha was very doubtful that Taki'd identify her or not. N this is only possible if she knew their difference in timelines. Therefore, she was also very touched by Taki's attempt to save her by traveling in past during their twilight crater scene. (Seriously so romantic BTW 😍😆)

2. Fiction is loved by people due to the fantasy/supernatural concepts portrayed in them as people always fantasize to make their reality interesting by believing in the impossible. In this film too, the concept was based on Everett's multiverse n Shinkai has beautifully attempted to convince people into believing this. Also, if u wanna know more Everett's theory, check this link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
U'll clearly understand how creative n believable is this film's concept. 😎

3. Because neither official news channels were able to predict the comet's path. Therefore, everyone was off-guard. It was very subtly displayed in a glimpse of a scene of splitting of that comet on a live television broadcast seen in a random house by a family where u can see the time displayed as 19:20. N Taki(in Mitsuha's body) when they switched for the last time saw in morning TV news report that the comet was going to reach the perigee at 7.40 pm. Hence, it's clear that the people had at least 15 min for evacuation.
The people were not able to comprehend the disparities because both of our protagonists were trying to adjust according to the circumstances so no one (who interacted with them on a regular basis) paid attention to the differences cuz both of them were able to conceal the effects of the phenomenon. 😎

Shinkai worked for 2 complete years on this film(he edited n re-edited the film till the end day of it's release). And he himself said in an interview that the film is still incomplete and he's disappointed with his work. Further, he also revealed that he made this film just for pure entertainment even if the audience didnt know what was going on. I agree that this film was not able to evoke that much emotion which Koe no Katachi did. But still I find Your Name better because the plot is so impressively complex n philosophically beautiful(that Oscar is inferior to credit it) hence the critical acclaim. If you really start to observe n analyze it, u can really appreciate the amount of research n creativity that was put in this film since the last 2 years before it's release. Hope my post made your doubts clear. Peace.... 😎 😎 😎
Sep 24, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
TheAceofFuture said:
Guranto-kun said:
What's the point of this? ALL POPULAR SHOWS OR MOVIES ARE OVERRATED AND GARBAGE anyway.

You really don't understand what ur saying. U should give examples rather than a child's rant...😒

Nah, I was just being sarcastic lol since you always see this kind of stuff in popular shows.
Sep 24, 2017 11:04 AM
Jun 2016
Guranto-kun said:
TheAceofFuture said:

Nah, I was just being sarcastic lol since you always see this kind of stuff in popular shows.

That's why ratings exist. Don't go on popularity, One piece is still inferior to Hunter x Hunter despite it's huge popularity. Analyze both of them n u'll know what I'm talking about...😑
TheAcefromFutureSep 25, 2017 7:57 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Na wa. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

checkdafool - Jul 3, 2016

1387 by Hphone »»
Yesterday, 4:51 AM

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.