Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 3, 2017 10:20 PM
Jun 2013
As I have been watching Isekai Shokudou, I have came up with a curious thought, after the door opens up, as far as I know, no one has checked out if the door opens in the other side or there is nothing there.

The reason is that, as far as I know, no one has looked to see if the door does something. In a way, it is one of life's little mysteries and I am just wonder about it.

What are your thoughts about this door?

Thanks.
Sep 4, 2017 12:41 AM

Nov 2009
The weirdest part seems to be that the door always returns the visitors to where they came from, even when visitors from different places are in the restaurant at the same time.
Meaning that the door leads to multiple places all at once. Can they collide if they try enter at the same time? Will the door not open in other places if the door is held open somewhere?

This probably prevents Nekoya from being used a method of travel. Or maybe you can get to the same place if you walk out together with someone?

Another thought: the door often seems to find people in need of it. Is it just luck, or can the door know that someone somewhere is hungry?
Sep 4, 2017 7:26 AM
Jun 2013
flannan said:
The weirdest part seems to be that the door always returns the visitors to where they came from, even when visitors from different places are in the restaurant at the same time.
Meaning that the door leads to multiple places all at once. Can they collide if they try enter at the same time? Will the door not open in other places if the door is held open somewhere?

This probably prevents Nekoya from being used a method of travel. Or maybe you can get to the same place if you walk out together with someone?

Another thought: the door often seems to find people in need of it. Is it just luck, or can the door know that someone somewhere is hungry?

From what I can gather, from what I have seen and read, something happened that caused this door to become a portal to Nekoya and at times, it senses when someone needs food. Here are two examples, Lionel had just been forced to become a gladiator, because crimes he and his crew had done. When Lionel was at his lowest point emotionally, the door appeared. When Lionel went to check the door out, he found himself at Nekoya.

So when Daiki Yamagata, Tenshi's grandfather, saw Lionel needed some food and Lionel told him what he wanted, Daiki Yamagata gave him a bowl of katsu-don, in fact, 5 or 6 bowl worth. Since then Lionel had become a steady customer ever since.

Another example is Heinrich Seeleman, because of the invasion of mothmen, Heinrich Seeleman was tasked to go to the capital to tell the news about the invasion, only to succumb to hunger and exhaustion, when after Heinrich prayed for some intervention, that the door had appeared and saved his life and the castle.

If that didn't happened, who knows what would of happen to castle and the people that the soldiers had sworn to protect.

As to the door opening at two places at the same time, I think, is possible highly unlikely, as I had seen I have seen Fardania leaving Nekoya, as Adelheid is entering Nekoya.

Although, in the light novel, Souemon, a noble samurai, and Doushun, an halfling onmyouji, would, more or less, enter Nekoya at the same time.

As for the portal that this door uses, it probably know let you go where you came from, even if someone else opens the door, which is, usually, Tenshu.

As to what I mean read the Isekai Shokudo, as I said in my reply, is that I have downloaded the first volume of Isekai Shokudo and hope to get the other volumes as soon as they become available.
LadyMalSep 4, 2017 7:32 AM
Sep 4, 2017 7:57 AM

Jun 2012
Since nothing is revealed yet, maybe this door design is symmetrical on front and back perspective if no one dares to touch it. And maybe its' mechanical parts will only change once the hinges moves from either side first or so.
I'm curious why the restaurant was named after a cat? What could ever happen if a cat person just somehow stumble upon this door.
Sep 4, 2017 9:12 AM
Jun 2013
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Since nothing is revealed yet, maybe this door design is symmetrical on front and back perspective if no one dares to touch it. And maybe its' mechanical parts will only change once the hinges moves from either side first or so.
I'm curious why the restaurant was named after a cat? What could ever happen if a cat person just somehow stumble upon this door.

That would be interesting, although we do have a sort of cat person in the anime, Lionel, albeit he is a lionman instead of a catman.

As to why the Nekoya is called that I would have to check out the novel to give anyone a reply.
Sep 4, 2017 4:40 PM
Jun 2013
As I am watching the latest episode of Isekai Shokudou, I am surprised that they show the back side of the door, which includes the bell that rings to tell whomever is coming in.
Sep 12, 2017 2:09 PM

Apr 2012
The door can be used as a form of travel. The Samurai guy used it to go to the knight's world to deliver a sword.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 15, 2017 11:22 PM

Nov 2009
Janethan23 said:
The door can be used as a form of travel. The Samurai guy used it to go to the knight's world to deliver a sword.

I think they're all in the same world (except Kuro, who commutes from the moon of the same dimension), and samurai just walked to the knight's castle.
I mean, the castaway never used the restaurant to get to civilization.
Sep 16, 2017 3:43 PM

Apr 2012
flannan said:
Janethan23 said:

I think they're all in the same world (except Kuro, who commutes from the moon of the same dimension), and samurai just walked to the knight's castle.

I believe that there's more to it than just being able to get back home. Perhaps staying on the island gave him some sort of peace and quiet that most people would want.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 18, 2017 1:30 PM

Jun 2017
Janethan23 said:
flannan said:

I believe that there's more to it than just being able to get back home. Perhaps staying on the island gave him some sort of peace and quiet that most people would want.

i think that the door itself only able/allowed a person to return from the place he/she came initially like a "normal" restaurants do.
Sep 24, 2017 12:06 PM

Jul 2016
Remember Monster's Inc? I thought this for that movie as well. My guess you'd seem like you were appearing out thin air in the doorway, then you can take a step backwards and your in Nekoya. A bigger question would be: If the door was being held open in one location, what would happen if you tried to open it at another at the same time? My guess would be that it would stay locked in all other locations until it closes, but that's just a guess
Feb 2, 2022 3:19 PM
Jan 2022
what would happen if two separate people entered the restaurant but decided to exit together for some reason- could this potentially lead to teleportation? if so, when they enter again- which door would the exit from?
Feb 3, 2022 7:50 AM
Jun 2013
Sylentgamer said:
what would happen if two separate people entered the restaurant but decided to exit together for some reason- could this potentially lead to teleportation? if so, when they enter again- which door would the exit from?

I have seen two, three, and four people enter the door, like the Halflings couple, the three teenage boys, and finally the three boys and Teriyaki Chicken, in the case of the Halflings couple, they lest together, as well as the boys, but not sure about if Teriyaki Chicken left with them.

One has seen if a person or persons left the restaurant, the door would disappear, so whoever wanted to go back would have to wait a week until 7 days on the next Saturday or day of Satur
Feb 4, 2022 10:43 AM
Jan 2022
LadyMal said:
Sylentgamer said:

I have seen two, three, and four people enter the door, like the Halflings couple, the three teenage boys, and finally the three boys and Teriyaki Chicken, in the case of the Halflings couple, they lest together, as well as the boys, but not sure about if Teriyaki Chicken left with them.

One has seen if a person or persons left the restaurant, the door would disappear, so whoever wanted to go back would have to wait a week until 7 days on the next Saturday or day of Satur
I'm asking what if they entered through different doors, then exited at the exact same time? if they entered again, where would it send them then since they've technical entered from a different door, however if they exited from the place they originated from then instant travel, almost.
Feb 5, 2022 8:10 AM
Jun 2013
Sylentgamer said:
LadyMal said:

I'm asking what if they entered through different doors, then exited at the exact same time? if they entered again, where would it send them then since they've technical entered from a different door, however if they exited from the place they originated from then instant travel, almost.

Actually, there have been two people who come, more or less, at the same time are Soemon and Doshun, they both order okonomiyaki, and argue about their profession, until their meal is served.

Also, Chicken Teryaki and Pork Cutlet also come more or less at the same time, most of the time and I think, they leave at the same time. and they both go to their respected places.

Also on another note, when a person, in the anime, especially the 2nd season, one can see where the person is going to, like, I think in the case, Kuro, one can see the moon that she lives on.
Feb 6, 2022 1:50 PM
Jan 2022
LadyMal said:
Sylentgamer said:

Actually, there have been two people who come, more or less, at the same time are Soemon and Doshun, they both order okonomiyaki, and argue about their profession, until their meal is served.

Also, Chicken Teryaki and Pork Cutlet also come more or less at the same time, most of the time and I think, they leave at the same time. and they both go to their respected places.

Also on another note, when a person, in the anime, especially the 2nd season, one can see where the person is going to, like, I think in the case, Kuro, one can see the moon that she lives on.
oh so they each see their own destination, even if leaving at the same time, thats cool.
Feb 7, 2022 8:41 AM
Jun 2013
One thing that, I think I saw on the internet, is that the door, which is sentient, could be something similar to a TARDIS door.
Dec 24, 2022 3:41 AM
Oct 2021
I recently started rewatching this and I had a thought that I'm surprised I didn't think of before. What would happen if someone stayed in the restaurant after the end of Saturday? would they end up in our world? would they be forced out somehow? would the door still simply send them to their last location in their world?
Dec 25, 2022 8:41 AM
Jun 2013
JTK45 said:
I recently started rewatching this and I had a thought that I'm surprised I didn't think of before. What would happen if someone stayed in the restaurant after the end of Saturday? would they end up in our world? would they be forced out somehow? would the door still simply send them to their last location in their world?

I had seen one of the episode in the first season, with the dwarves and they were sent back, but in the manga. Alletta stayed th0t the restaurant until Sunday, the novel might have a different view on how long one can stay.

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.