Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you prefer Asian girls or European girls?
European
19.5%
Asian
36.7%
Both
43.8%
308 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 22, 2010 3:31 AM

Jun 2009
destinydelivers said:
Do you really think beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?

Yes.
Apr 22, 2010 4:05 AM

May 2008
KyuuAL said:
How about a piece o' dis?

Something about her face just really doesn't appeal to me.

Also, I really don't like her profession. Any woman who would want to be a cheerleader is a no thank you.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 24, 2010 2:23 PM

Apr 2010
The asian "Idols" or celebrities look better than European ones but the average European girl is hotter than the average Asian girl.
Apr 24, 2010 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
screambloodygore said:
The asian "Idols" or celebrities look better than European ones but the average European girl is hotter than the average Asian girl.

It is just your imagination/opinion.
I'd propably wrote a novel, how this topic is twisted. And what the heck is beauty to most of you? Is there a person, who achieved perfection? Most of you would say "no"; but I say, yes.

Fahlaine said:
There are both beautiful and ugly girls everywhere in this world.
dervlol said:
Women are women, there can be both beautiful asians and beautiful caucasians (europeans, w/e). It just depends on each and everyone's taste.

These two answers are probably the best so far, to this thread.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Apr 24, 2010 3:38 PM
Aug 2009
Pussy is pussy.
Apr 24, 2010 3:43 PM

Mar 2010
KyuuAL said:

I threw up. God damn put some clothes on. Damn whore.
Apr 24, 2010 3:47 PM

Feb 2008
Shifter-Rage said:
KyuuAL said:

When I read these kind of replies, I think to myself "people should be more tolerating". She is just dancing (I can at least appreciate the effort, she is doing), it is not like she's going in middle of street, wearing that.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Apr 24, 2010 3:56 PM

Apr 2010
KyuuAL said:

There's no way I'd just pass her up, but women like this aren't my favorites.
Apr 24, 2010 4:17 PM

Mar 2010
spupapi said:
Shifter-Rage said:
KyuuAL said:

When I read these kind of replies, I think to myself "people should be more tolerating". She is just dancing (I can at least appreciate the effort, she is doing), it is not like she's going in middle of street, wearing that.

Dancing I hate, I hate skimpy clothing even more.
Apr 24, 2010 4:40 PM

May 2009
Both are beautiful.
I`ve seen last week a very beautiful woman and she is eupropean, and i also saw a very beautiful asian actress. It matters anyway? No. A woman can be beautiful, no matter if she is or not european/asian & co.

"Angels banished from heaven have no choice but to become devils"
Vicious. Cowboy Bebop
Apr 24, 2010 5:08 PM

Apr 2010
What about all the other races, by the way? Are we so secluded here at MAL as to forget about the Latinos and Africans and Native Americans and Indians and so on? Or was it just laziness on the part of the original poster? Or another thing completely?
Apr 24, 2010 7:46 PM
Dec 2009
I choose all of the above...
:D
Apr 24, 2010 7:58 PM

Apr 2010
I do believe "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" People have different aesthetics. One person may think one thing is beauty and another person may find it ugly.
Apr 24, 2010 8:32 PM

Feb 2008
Prier said:
Both are beautiful.
I`ve seen last week a very beautiful woman and she is eupropean, and i also saw a very beautiful asian actress. It matters anyway? No. A woman can be beautiful, no matter if she is or not european/asian & co.
this would totally be the case if eva green didn't come into the equation and mess everything up with her perfectness.

dont get me wrong tho, zooey deschanels still the best, but eva green.. damn.

im pretty sure ive said it already but if you dont think eva green is the sexiest thing since sex, you are gay. or if you're a girl, you are prbly like ... not gay or something
Apr 24, 2010 8:37 PM

Nov 2008
CottonCandyLover said:
Prier said:
Both are beautiful.
this would totally be the case if eva green didn't come into the equation and mess everything up with her perfectness.

dont get me wrong tho, zooey deschanels still the best, but eva green.. damn.

im pretty sure ive said it already but if you dont think eva green is the sexiest thing since sex, you are gay. or if you're a girl, you are prbly like ... not gay or something

Sort of unfair because not everyone prefer their women hot or classy, I prefer cuter women over hot and classy, there's more personality that comes with cuteness especially if you get a woman who's cute inside and out.

Apr 24, 2010 8:42 PM

Feb 2008
Hoppy said:
Sort of unfair because not everyone prefer their women hot or classy, I prefer cuter women over hot and classy

yah, you and the majority of mal apparently :^U. Not saying that it's you but somehow i feel part of this whole cute preference stems from anime.

there's more personality that comes with cuteness especially if you get a woman who's cute inside and out.

now hows that supposed to work?
Apr 24, 2010 9:12 PM
Dec 2008
Latin.
Apr 25, 2010 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
i prefer Caucasian women, but overall, Asian women are never too ugly, where as with Caucasian women its either hit or miss. Therefore, hot European women> hot Asian women, but Asian women> most European women.
Apr 25, 2010 12:54 AM

Apr 2010
i would motor boat a asian woman, a white woman, a tall woman, a black woman, a filliopeno woman, a little woman, a latino woman, a eskamo woman, a hawiian woman...

.... but no fat chicks!
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Apr 25, 2010 1:25 AM

Jul 2009
Western

Latin

Black

I think each have their own unique beauty really.
Apr 25, 2010 1:28 AM

Apr 2009
I like pretty girls, no matter where they are from.
Apr 25, 2010 1:32 AM

Apr 2010
that reminds me!

i agree with u kirmiath
Kirmiath said:
I like pretty girls, no matter where they are from.
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Apr 25, 2010 1:41 AM

Apr 2010
orangerevenge said:
i prefer Caucasian women, but overall, Asian women are never too ugly, where as with Caucasian women its either hit or miss. Therefore, hot European women> hot Asian women, but Asian women> most European women.

I think it's the exact opposite. To me, it seems Asian women are either hit or miss (with more being miss) whereas there is a wide range of European women.
Apr 25, 2010 4:04 AM

Apr 2010
I think most of you are kinda wrong. Averaging makes beauty. Take Megan Fox and Jessica Alba, for instance. Both are a mixture between different "races"*, and they are both have a sort of natural beauty. It is actually scientifically proven that an average of different faces usually makes a pretty faces, although the individual faces may have been "sub-average". That may not have anything to do with the body, but still ... Also, I don't have any sources, sorry, I just read it in a scientific magazine. Believe me or not, I don't care, just think about it. Maybe it makes sense?

But luckily, there's something called personal opinions. The average may not apply to you, and I'm fine with that. I prefer the second girl in the main post, btw. :]

*) In lack of a better word. I consider all humans as ... humans?
Apr 25, 2010 5:19 AM

Sep 2009
Mystogan said:
It is actually scientifically proven that an average of different faces usually makes a pretty faces, although the individual faces may have been "sub-average". That may not have anything to do with the body, but still ... Also, I don't have any sources, sorry, I just read it in a scientific magazine. Believe me or not, I don't care, just think about it. Maybe it makes sense?

How can you scientifically prove how pretty someone is? There's no measure of "pretty." If you prove that people of mixed races are more attractive to other people, you then have to separate the social aspect of it from the physical, which is impossible. It could be assumptions about their background (that they have mixed cultural heritage) that makes them more attractive, not that they're just prettier, and there's no way to find out.
Apr 25, 2010 7:01 AM

Apr 2010
ace52387 said:
How can you scientifically prove how pretty someone is? There's no measure of "pretty." If you prove that people of mixed races are more attractive to other people, you then have to separate the social aspect of it from the physical, which is impossible. It could be assumptions about their background (that they have mixed cultural heritage) that makes them more attractive, not that they're just prettier, and there's no way to find out.

Ah, yes. I partly agree. That is why I said there are personal opinions. Science should not decide who's prettier, you have to decide that. However, that does not mean everythin is left to chance when considering how attractive a person is. Scientists have conclude that there are some physical attributes which more people are attracted towards. For instance, a bust/hip ratio of 1:1 as well as a hip/waist ratio of 3:2 is considered most attractive (for women, naturally). That is the only way you can actually prove who's prettier, but it is by far accurate since people have slightly different views on how an attractive person should be like.

When it comes to that experiment with the faces, the scientist didn't give away any other information, apart from a picture of a face. People were then supposed to rank the face based on how pretty they thought it was. There is simply no other way of judging what a pretty face is, you HAVE TO go from what the majority thinks. They could then find the attributes most humans thought of as attractive and put together the "perfect human". High cheekbones is, for instanve, considered attractive, on both a male and a female. A female is supposed to have a symmetric, round face, while a man should have a more square face, where the upper part is wider than the lower, etc. They also discovered that if they made an average of a lot of faces, poeple generally considered those faces prettier.

Luckily, this test had nothing to do with real life. There is no way you will judge a person only by their appearance, and that a person's appearance is "constant". As you said, once you meet a person and get to talk to them, the physical appearance matters less and less, or you may change your view on the person's appearance according to their personality. Perhaps you think of the person as "too pretty" for you as well, and therefore (s)he seems distant, thus making her/him less attractive?

I hope this makes sense.
Apr 25, 2010 7:19 AM

May 2008
I've been reprimanded and told that my androgyny fandom is objectification. Because it shouldn't matter whether a person is a man, woman or intersex, or masculine, feminine, or androgynous, if you're sexually attracted to anything other than personality you're objectifying them. In which case I've no problem with objectification, because you have to do it on some level to be a heterosexual or homosexual.

But anyway, even some objectifying creep like me doesn't find much interest in the tendency for people in topics like this to say "I'd hit x". It's like we're going from seeming racist here to slutty. I don't mean to parade, I just wish people would go around saying things like "I'd do her". It's totally overdone and there are better ways to say you find someone attractive. There's just something unnerving about the statement, maybe I'm just nuts. I can't put my finger on exactly what's wrong with guys wrong around saying who they'd do all the time.

This topic seem to remind me of how guys seem to say in such esteem that "man I don't have no preference man, I just wanna bang chicks of all races!".
Congratulations? I actually never did understand how that's somehow superior to having an Asian fetish.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 25, 2010 8:06 AM

Sep 2009
Mystogan said:

When it comes to that experiment with the faces, the scientist didn't give away any other information, apart from a picture of a face. People were then supposed to rank the face based on how pretty they thought it was. There is simply no other way of judging what a pretty face is, you HAVE TO go from what the majority thinks.

No it makes sense. It's just not conclusive in any way to me. You show them pictures with no other information, but most of the time I'm guessing people can tell that a person is of mixed race/ethnicity. Once that assumption by the subject is made, then the experiment falls apart because attraction is far from simply physical, even from just a picture. Any further assumptions attached to the fact that a person is of mixed race will also now play a role, and none of these assumptions has to do with how pretty someone is. You can draw that conclusion that in some specific location/culture, people of mixed race are considered more attractive, but you can't say that there's some genetic, natural draw to it the same way you might be able to say for hip/waist ratio, etc.

For instance, there have been different body type fetishes, race fetishes, etc over the years, all of that has nothing to do with the empirical attractiveness, like hip/waist ratio, face shape etc because it keeps changing. It's all social, meaning that plays a big role in what people consider attractive. As an example, Foot binding. I can see how you MIGHT (you'd need subjects from hundreds of ethnicities and geographical locations though) be able to tease apart the hip ratio and certain specific facial features from all of the social stuff with a gigantic experiment, and I'll assume it's been done as you said, but when the topic itself, being of mixed race, is not any physical trait, it's impossible.

In fact, you would think that if people were more attracted to specific facial features as you say, that works against the idea that people are also naturally find being of mixed race more attractive. In theory, it should be skewed towards specific groups of people where these features are more common.
Apr 25, 2010 3:59 PM

Apr 2010
LemonLyme said:
I think the topic is fundamentally flawed, as it comes down more to the individual than the general. Any Asian can be beautiful, but conversely, any Asian can be ugly. The same is true for Caucasians. That's regardless of the fact that many different styles/looks can be considered beautiful by the same person.

I agree 100%, couldn't have said it better myself
Apr 25, 2010 4:51 PM

Dec 2009
Well in response to the actual topic I would prefer European women 9 times outta 10.
Apr 25, 2010 5:27 PM

Apr 2010
Everyone has an evaluation criteria that has been programmed into them. We can try and decipher what our mind actually likes based on our feelings of seeing a certain individual, but we'd probably be wrong.

The only real things I've been able to gather from my interest in women is that of the proportion of features in both the face and body. That alone counts for an enormous portion of whether I feel a woman is attractive. If something is disproportionate, chances are that I feel they are less attractive.

That isn't necessarily going to lend itself to any one race or specific region of people, but to go back to the OP, I'd probably prefer a subjectively attractive Asian over another option. So yellow fever for me :D
Oct 4, 2010 10:44 PM

Oct 2010
ukonkivi said:

But anyway, even some objectifying creep like me doesn't find much interest in the tendency for people in topics like this to say "I'd hit x". It's like we're going from seeming racist here to slutty. I don't mean to parade, I just wish people would go around saying things like "I'd do her". It's totally overdone and there are better ways to say you find someone attractive. I can't put my finger on exactly what's wrong with guys wrong around saying who they'd do all the time.

Awww... a creep like you does have some amazing posts though. Shame you aren't so interested in this one. Hope I'm understanding you correctly though.

And the I'd do her statement is really quite disgusting and gives a bad impression, imo.

Back to the original question, I prefer the Asian girl myself and would like to correct the OP, no Eva Green is not as famous as that girl, nor as successful. It doesn't matter who you think is more attractive or yellow fever and what not.
Oct 4, 2010 10:47 PM

May 2010
Anime girls!!!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 5, 2010 4:33 AM

Mar 2009
I laik dem asians.
Oct 5, 2010 5:10 AM

Aug 2010
I like Asian girls but I don't always prefer them over Europeans (or American or Latino or whatever).
Confucius said:
Anime girls!!!

Anime girls are certaintly number one in my book for sure.
Oct 5, 2010 5:43 AM

Jun 2009
i believe a person can be attracted by both .

Both (your vote)
Gabriel

Oct 5, 2010 6:45 AM

May 2010
I like women, period. I find both of these ladies attractive, yes!
Oct 5, 2010 7:47 AM

Jun 2010
I prefer Asian's, I'm not really keen on any men who aren't =/
>_<
Oct 5, 2010 3:00 PM

Jun 2010
I've always liked asians more for some reason...
Oct 5, 2010 3:04 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Well considering the last year , every time I see asian guys on a drama or at the street , I fangirl , I'd say I'm kinda more attracted to azn but I don't rly find them more beautiful . I have found more hawt white guys than azn but then again I live somewhere with white ppl around so I can't be an objective judge !
Oct 5, 2010 3:05 PM

Feb 2010
Um, I don't really care. Either one of them is fine with me.

Oct 5, 2010 6:47 PM

Feb 2010
what about all the other wonderful options?
Oct 5, 2010 6:59 PM

Feb 2010
Wheres the neither option?
Oct 5, 2010 9:13 PM

May 2007
I think all women are beautiful.
Oct 5, 2010 9:17 PM

Jun 2010
I don't have a preference really. I tend to find beauty in most women no matter the race.
Oct 6, 2010 6:52 AM

Mar 2010
Confucius said:
Anime girls!!!

Fuck yeah!! :D

But of the two choices i chose asians, even though european girls can beautiful as well
Oct 8, 2010 3:57 AM

Dec 2007
While I'm completely fine with both, I have to admit that I'm more attracted to asian girls as I find there often "cuter" as opposed to many caucasian girls which I consider to be "beautiful". And, well, I'm just a sucker for cute girls.
Also, Japanese girls realize the importance and how hot 絶対領域, (basically the area between where the knee high's end and the skirt/short pants start, no idea if there actually is a term in english for that) which is rather rare in Europe imo.
Oct 8, 2010 4:18 AM

Jan 2009
Flibbertigibbet said:
Beautiful Asian > Beautiful European
Average Asian < Average European

you sir are a genius!!!
Oct 8, 2010 12:34 PM
Jul 2010
Just judging by looks, both are very cute, well talking about inner beauty is something else..
Oct 8, 2010 5:16 PM

May 2010
any woman can be beautiful if they have the characteristics of esthetics and beauty..
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.