Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 2, 2017 6:30 PM

Jan 2016
The story has turned from bad to worse at this point. It's like everything that the creation has done was not worth anything at all (Like how Selesia was wasted to defeat Charon and they said that everything is going according to plan even though they didn't expect Charon appearance)

If I may ask did you steal remember the move where Blitz use 1 bullet and was reflected until it hits Altair in the last episode? No? Yeah because that move was useless even though that's a pretty cool move~. She's not even hurt in the whole battle *sigh

Just let it end in the next eps and make eps 22 the epilogue I don't even care anymore. We can already see from all Altair's move/skill that it's pretty meaningless to fight her.
RyouHayatoSep 2, 2017 6:34 PM
Sep 2, 2017 6:40 PM
Sep 2016
Cour_Victor said:
aber said:
Funny how they keep referencing the foreshadowing done in the spinoff novel

Altair is aware of their work so they have to keep secrets too. They can't just telegraph every option and every attack, so that she doesn't enact countermeasures. Sirius worked to some extent so they have done an adequate work.

Fat lot of good that did them when she has a hard counter to nearly everything in existence irregardless. Unless Altair is illiterate she could just...read the book where they allegedly put enough foreshadowing for the audience to accept Sirius and all her tremendous power. When the fate of the world depends on it the creator might as well to go an extra mile in giving the character some depth so she would actually be able to hold her own and not be possessed by what she's possessing.

90% of the show has been spent on the rest of creations and creators, but mainly Meteora explaining everything and they've all amounted to nothing but plot devices or so disposable they can get stabbed up, killed or literally sent on a plane just to get them out of the way for characters who have done even less all series. What a tremendous waste.
Sep 2, 2017 6:49 PM
Apr 2016
This show is so meta. We are mirrored to the audience in the show all the time, when Altair speaks to the audience she is also kinda breaking the forth wall. We the audience had it coming that they would return Shimazaki, but it was a very risky idea, however Magane's power manipulated reality and made it posible in the show, and also justified it for the audience, us. Its very cool and i havent seen anything like it before. Looking forward to the show's end.
Sep 2, 2017 6:58 PM

Dec 2014
Goddamn. One Deus ex Machina vs another Deus ex Machina after another... can't say I dislike it at all. It's been really entertaining, and I really hope Altair's defeated in a satisfying manner.
I need sleep.
Sep 2, 2017 6:58 PM

Aug 2011
"A lie about a lie will turn inside out."

Mfw Magane made it happen.

Altair 2.0 looks better.

Souta can have a 2D waifu now.
Sep 2, 2017 7:10 PM

Jul 2016
ar1os said:
Souta can have a 2D waifu now.

If a 2D Waifu becomes real, is she still considered a Waifu? :P

Sep 2, 2017 7:40 PM

Nov 2013
screamed when Yuya got stabbed 8V I swear if my boi dies I'll scream even louder.
DON'T YOU DARE KILL MAH BOI! He's my precious boi! My wonderful, beautiful boi!!!! >8'V9

So this definitely went the predicted way, with Shimazaki being Sota's trump card.
I actually thought the alter Altair was the trump card but nope x'D It wasn't...
I think that they definitely could have done something VERY good with that, and it is a bit of wasted potential.

But in the end Altair did have the upper hand, considering she's existed for longer.
... but again, wasted potential. Something very interesting could have happened there. if anything, it's almost more impactful than Shimazaki being summoned? Altair's design was Shimazaki's last thing left to the world, the last "gift" in a way, so defeating her or fighting her with that same thing would have been a huge mind-fuck.

Instead of just trying to absorb her.

But I guess the directors wanted to tie the loose ends with Shimazaki.
Gaaaaahhhhhh.... I wonder how they'll resolve this !!! I believe in you TTvTT9 Plz give us a BAMF ending.
Sep 2, 2017 7:52 PM

Jan 2011
this show! god damnit lol, i guess it's strongest point is how meta this show gets near the end while still being pretty entertaining even with the silly plot and Deus ex Machinas

this episode even further confirming how scary and powerful the power of fans and memes can be
Sep 2, 2017 7:54 PM

Dec 2013
Seems Selestia really did die...

Altair keeps getting more and more broken by the episode. She can delete the plot!

Dat cliffhanger! Sota finally has a 2D waifu.
Sep 2, 2017 7:55 PM
Jan 2016
ZBlastHistory said:
Just how Altair become the most popular here? if she don't belong anywhere and she just like original fan art upload to internet and somehow get popular?

Altair's exposition about her being a creation shared by multiple Creators can be summed up on one easy tl;dr: she's everybody's Mary Sue.

Think about it this way, if someone were to ask you "Who wins in a fight? Superman, Goku, or your character?" then turns the fight into a full-budget animated film with absolutely perfect animation, who would you root for (not necessarily who you believe will win)?

The flaw in Meteora's plan is that the audience views the fight as an anime with a predetermined outcome (which it is, but we're getting meta there), and the question being posed to them is "which of these popular characters will emerge victorious at the end? Oh, one of them is a character you or a friend may have contributed to in the past."
Sep 2, 2017 8:03 PM

May 2017
Called it somehow

Ep17 thread #66

World_Creator said:
I think just like Celestia's pow up before, reviving Blitz's daughter is also just temporary.

Magane will probably revive Altair's creator by trolling Souta, and that will make the Generic antagonist Altair fall for Magane's trolling, Magane will surpass Altair in strength, Magane will become the top villain, Altair will be attacked by talk no jutsu by her creator and Souta, she'll become half assed in her plan, and will join the fight in defeating Magane

This show is overrated and predictable, and Altair is so generic and such a shitty villain
Sep 2, 2017 8:17 PM

Jun 2013
aber said:

Fat lot of good that did them when she has a hard counter to nearly everything in existence irregardless. Unless Altair is illiterate she could just...read the book where they allegedly put enough foreshadowing for the audience to accept Sirius and all her tremendous power.

Smart of you to think to read. Yes, read. If altair can do that, then are the creators all illiterate/tech noobs? Altair is bound by the same law of acceptance. Meaning to say yes there are numerous other abilities(which ain't gonna work) that will take ages to dig out, but all her OP ability like fate origin has to be popular ones since she can use it.

But it seems from episode 1 to 20 no one know what she can do, because no one bothered to look it up. Yuuya is more interested in his own spoilers then knowing what the enemy can pull off.

Then for the sake of plot moving forward, I am not gonna blame the author for not using the more logical move of government censorship to deny altair's acceptance. BUT at the very least if they can add abilities to their own creation then the bare minimum is to provide ability that comes in the form of nerfing/weakening altair down(if negating is out of the question since the public sees her as the MC)
Sep 2, 2017 8:29 PM

Jul 2016
I don't know if it was said here, but Sota may be giving Altair a backstory. Altair will no longer be a character without a story --- she will be bound to a story and thus, have limitations.

The best way to deal with her "godlike powers" is to make those godlike powers "not cannon" thus irrelevant!

Sep 2, 2017 9:01 PM
Jul 2017
The thi with Sirius was kind of bullshit deus ex machina, but then she became a lesson about why you should develop your characters
Sep 2, 2017 9:06 PM
Aug 2016
I had two thoughts on my mind about Souta's creation. Either he would make his own OP character that defeated Altair or bringing back Setsuna.

And they actually brought back Setsuna.

There are two possibilities from where the anime ended today.

The most predictable ending where Setsuna talks to Altair and stops Altair from destroying the world.

The second possibility which I don't think anyone thought about is that Setsuna is actually Souta's creation now. So she could possibly have her own powers like how Hikayu got powers. And because Altair has a soft spot for Setsuna, it would be hard to attack her own creator which helps in defeating Altair.

I really hope they actually do the second one because if they do the first possibility, this show will totally lose its charm for being a unique anime where everything is different. There are more battles, more characters, more personalities and more OP characters. The first ending would definitely not suit Re:Creators.
Sep 2, 2017 9:13 PM
Jul 2014
fishpun said:
LelouchXLuluko said:
I hope Altair wins, f*** humanity.

not necessarily with the same sentiment, but after hikayu's "the hero the audience chose was her, not us" speech i honestly feel like that would've been an AWESOME way to end the series??? i feel like her speech was so well written and would've been such an original, shocking ending... well, here's hoping they have something better planned for the last two episodes.

It would have been interesting, but it also wouldn't have been at the right time, narrative-wise. It would also have felt a bit half-assed and left questions as to "ok, now what?"

Everything about Altair's demeanor suggests that she is either aware that she's going to end with the universe or that she intends to survive ti somehow (which, at this point, wouldn't be a surprise at all).

GenesisAria said:
Daaaamn! Now that is honestly unexpected. Not in a way that blew my brains out but in a way i never thought this story would go.

From plentiful 4th wall breaking and intermingling of story characters into reality into story into anime . . .

Now we've gone full Rewrite!

Thinking about it though, i've always been of the opinion that Altair needs to be SAVED not defeated. I was always thinking to myself, "how do you save the daughter of a dead person, when she's given up on the world because her mother is gone?" This is one way to do it.

Altair will be redeemed, but not necessarily saved. That's what the introduction of Shimazaki is for. Shimazaki is there to break Altair down psychologically, and make Altair realize that the world is not to blame for a choice that was, ultimately, Shimazaki's to make; no one forced her to commit suicide. Of course, this all depends on how Altair takes this and how quickly she realizes that Shimazaki is, at best, a homunculus, a mere shadow of the original. This also assumes that a creation with the will of a creator based upon someone who created Altair as a means of revenge has no ulterior motives of its own.

Sep 2, 2017 9:18 PM
Jul 2014
LBalaji18 said:
I had two thoughts on my mind about Souta's creation. Either he would make his own OP character that defeated Altair or bringing back Setsuna.

And they actually brought back Setsuna.

There are two possibilities from where the anime ended today.

The most predictable ending where Setsuna talks to Altair and stops Altair from destroying the world.

The second possibility which I don't think anyone thought about is that Setsuna is actually Souta's creation now. So she could possibly have her own powers like how Hikayu got powers. And because Altair has a soft spot for Setsuna, it would be hard to attack her own creator which helps in defeating Altair.

I really hope they actually do the second one because if they do the first possibility, this show will totally lose its charm for being a unique anime where everything is different. There are more battles, more characters, more personalities and more OP characters. The first ending would definitely not suit Re:Creators.

The second possibility was already denied in canon this episode. Setsuna cannot be changed, because she' modeled to be exactly the same as the real Shimazaki, with the same will and intentions. However, given that she's supposed to be the "god of ink," there's nothing saying that she can't, as the original creator, claim copyright and essentially render all the extra cannon null and void, bringing Altair back down to normal.

The first option is still more likely though, because for the plot to be wrapped up without any sequel hooks, all the creations must return to their stories. So Meteora, Magane, Yuuya, Altair and Shimazaki herself must all either be killed or be returned willingly. We also haven't seen Magane's own plan play out yet, which will likely see both her and Altair killed fighting against each other.
Sep 2, 2017 9:23 PM
Apr 2016
World_Creator said:
Called it somehow

Ep17 thread #66

World_Creator said:
I think just like Celestia's pow up before, reviving Blitz's daughter is also just temporary.

Magane will probably revive Altair's creator by trolling Souta, and that will make the Generic antagonist Altair fall for Magane's trolling, Magane will surpass Altair in strength, Magane will become the top villain, Altair will be attacked by talk no jutsu by her creator and Souta, she'll become half assed in her plan, and will join the fight in defeating Magane

Yes, not revived, but still quite correct. Although I don't think Magane is going up the main boss route. After all, she pulled "Svidrigailov" style. Madman doing good and leaving the stage.
Re:formed
Sep 2, 2017 9:35 PM

Dec 2009
@firemagnet
Souta used the power Megane gave him with the lie reversal. I wouldn't be so sure about the "mere shadow" thing.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 2, 2017 9:58 PM

Oct 2013
>Asspull over asspull, and now we want Altair to win because her enemies were horribly predictable and uncreative.

Altair's plan was making the people shill for her because her enemies would use exactly what people predicted 6 episodes ago. I don't know if this anime is genius or not for making us feel exactly like Altair feels about this anime.
Sep 2, 2017 10:08 PM

Sep 2013
Other than the appearance of Sirius, like most people, I knew Setsuna would eventually be created by Sota again since he wanted to create something. Altair is way too powerful to be defeated by strength alone.

I can only see Altair be defeated by emotional trauma. I'm not exactly too sure how it's going to be concluded from here but I'm sure Altair will be forced to watch Setsuna commit suicide by jumping in front of the train. It doesn't matter if it's a creation, I'm sure Altair will go ape shit watching Setsuna die again.

Maybe the audience will remember Setsuna and feel some guilt as well. In return, something happens with Altair due to the audience. Who knows, I'm just shooting out theories and ideas.

Sep 2, 2017 10:09 PM

May 2017
I admit the start of this show was good still some nice scenes but it feels like im watching Fairy Tail o.O if that makes sense, ah well ill watch till the end to see the conclusion x.x

Id give this show a higher rating if Altair wins or resets the world o.O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2017 10:14 PM

Dec 2009
Zahylon said:
>Asspull over asspull, and now we want Altair to win because her enemies were horribly predictable and uncreative.

Altair's plan was making the people shill for her because her enemies would use exactly what people predicted 6 episodes ago. I don't know if this anime is genius or not for making us feel exactly like Altair feels about this anime.

All of that is intentional.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 2, 2017 10:26 PM

Jan 2010
I like her new look.
MatheineSep 2, 2017 10:34 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2017 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
A lie about a lie... will turn inside out.

When will Magane come and take the stage lmao.
Sep 2, 2017 11:22 PM
Jul 2014
Matheine said:
I like her new look.

(purely for noting purposes, because I can)

Loses the gauntlets for gray fighters' gloves, and trades her armored double-breasted greatcoat for a much lighter trenchcoat which removes the center tenth of the material, possibly folding it in, and ditches the armor underneath. Red, reinforced and form-fitting leotard/dress combo underneath, backed up by armored garter-boots.

Far more modern design overall; more fighter than soldier, with a definite emphasis on maneuverability (not that she needs it) and emphasizes her, *ahem* tracts of land. Speaking of which, she's actually more plot-heavy than I thought she would be.

Sep 2, 2017 11:31 PM

May 2012
Altair is just probably just the inner feeling of setsuna, that episode in the end, ;

Setsuna : I can absorb my body finally
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Sep 2, 2017 11:34 PM

Apr 2016
Something cool they did I don't think a lot of people have caught on to..the artwork they showed is legit real fanart from pixiv...
Someone's going crazy about seeing their work shown in the anime..That was so meta XD. Talk about using your concept well
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62962983
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62555009
joshua10redSep 2, 2017 11:46 PM

Sep 3, 2017 1:10 AM

Sep 2016
DEYM WHAT A GREAT EPISODE, Altair just forgot how Magane can fuck her up XD

Magane is best grill :3 for the show anyway :
Sep 3, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2016
Man! I love this episode, as usual. ^_^

This shot of Altair looks exactly as one of the Re:Creators cover image.

Anyway, it seems that they have 2 trump cards to defeat Altair.
First is using Sirius, which was the last design Setsuna Shimazaki created in the last moments of her death.
Sirius "almost" defeated Altair but it wasn't enough as her "power of existence" (if you get the reference, I commend you LOL) just barely made it despite having a power on par with Altair.
Of course, no viewer would like the villain to be defeated by a newly introduced character. That's too much plot convenience which results to Sirius lacking the power to take down Altair.

Altair in Sirius form looks pretty too. :)
I find it funny that they joked about the kiss since I've also thought of that since the angle is quite suggestive for a kiss scene. LOL!

The situation became worst at it seems that Altair "absorbed?" Sirius's powers.
Now she's even more powerful and OP than before. XD
The new open coat with short skirt look of Altair isn't bad either. It's less of a military look than the original (which I prefer better) but it still looked good on her. :)

I wonder if Yuya was dead.
Well, it's the same backstab that Mamika received from Altair before but we can't be so sure yet.
He might still fight but will die in the end. Probably.

Since the first trump card failed, they unleashed their second trump card which was Altair's creator, Setsuna Shimazaki, like most people and I myself predicted. It was predictable but it makes sense. With all the backstory and foreshadowing that they made about Altair's creator, it was kinda expected that the creator might be the best opponent suitable to beat Altair. It's a matter of how you accept this predictability. I find it as a good point to be honest. Like one person said here, if the events are too unpredictable like Kado, then it would feel very awkward and stupid at the same time that it's so questionable.

I find it funny that those haters find the show to be so predictable.
Well, Mr. Nostradamus, tell us what will happen in the next episode, especially in the upcoming scene between Setsuna and Altair? :P
If you're so good with your prediction, might as well be a creator or director. LOL!

Anyway, there's still no clue if Selesia is really dead though (I hope she is not yet dead).
I still believe that she's one of the important creations in the story (not to mention that she's one of the first creations that Souta met) so she might be still alive... maybe.

With 2 episodes left, I look forward to how this anime will end.
Sep 3, 2017 2:34 AM

Jul 2012
Wow. My prediction for once is... Wrong. But now it makes sense with the tonality of the tie-in to the beginning clip of episode 1.

This is honestly risky, but since physical damage doesn't scratch this Creation, a way to psychologically slow her down by fulfilling her wish is... Very something.

Now I think this is the good time to express my feelings on Altair. I don't like her or accepting her existence because she becoming this arrogant "god". But I love her creator and I wish for Setsuna to have a happy ending instead. Now that Setsuna is here, as a character in this birdgage's last bet on the story... And with Magame's unique powers (very clever use TBH)... A obscure idea that no one can trace, has become a thing. And I for one rooting for this wonderful flashback world to be re-told, and hopefully Altair can stop this very moment of Setsuna's fall... Redemption?

Yea... I think its scary that a lot of you guys are pretty much the audience: Wanting to see Altair won and see what happens when a Creation destroys the real world. I.... Do not need another Bokurano flashback.... So... Souta's involvement on this blurb idea was something I want to see at least...

(Okay I shut up now.)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Sep 3, 2017 2:39 AM

Nov 2016
So sad for Sirius, she only 5 minutes in the show. I want to see her fight atleast 2 episode. my new waifu T.T
Sep 3, 2017 2:46 AM

Jul 2016
TehSnawn said:
Other than the appearance of Sirius, like most people, I knew Setsuna would eventually be created by Sota again since he wanted to create something. Altair is way too powerful to be defeated by strength alone.

I can only see Altair be defeated by emotional trauma. I'm not exactly too sure how it's going to be concluded from here but I'm sure Altair will be forced to watch Setsuna commit suicide by jumping in front of the train. It doesn't matter if it's a creation, I'm sure Altair will go ape shit watching Setsuna die again.

Maybe the audience will remember Setsuna and feel some guilt as well. In return, something happens with Altair due to the audience. Who knows, I'm just shooting out theories and ideas.

I didn't realize they were recreating her suicide to show Altair. I thought they brought her back to make a lame, cliche, happy ending. My fault for forgetting she jumped in front of a train. I definitely prefer the former route over the latter, at least it may have more interesting possibilities.
Sep 3, 2017 3:46 AM

Nov 2011
Ooh what unexpected turn of events. Huge asspull from good guys against otherwise invincible enemy. If only we could have seen that coming, im truly shocked and suprised. /S
What really has been cheesing my onions with this series is, that while i like the show i always knew,that there's gonna be some huge asspull and that has nibbled away my enjoyment.
OnbuuSep 3, 2017 3:58 AM
Sep 3, 2017 3:58 AM
Jan 2017
Will Setsuna commit suicide again?
Sep 3, 2017 4:21 AM
Sep 2016
Chiyousagi said:
Smart of you to think to read. Yes, read. If altair can do that, then are the creators all illiterate/tech noobs? Altair is bound by the same law of acceptance. Meaning to say yes there are numerous other abilities(which ain't gonna work) that will take ages to dig out, but all her OP ability like fate origin has to be popular ones since she can use it.

But it seems from episode 1 to 20 no one know what she can do, because no one bothered to look it up. Yuuya is more interested in his own spoilers then knowing what the enemy can pull off.

Reminds me of the characters rushing into battle with Magane when she was with Sota and being surprised by her ability despite having her source material on hand an episode or so ago. I do remember them looking up Atlair's videos briefly at least, but they gloss over it. And the one where she turned people into rose petals was just like what she did to Selesia's sword which landed her in the hospital but no one made any note of it. Or they did, but with almost everything about the plan being offscreen it's hard to know. But that and when Altair simply deleted her mecha shows how trivial she can make every encounter. The show had explanations over explanations for so long and preparations for months yet in the end none of it mattered. It's like in addition to making Altair so OP it's disgusting they also have to gimp everyone else further.
Sep 3, 2017 4:49 AM
Jan 2017
aber said:
Cour_Victor said:

Altair is aware of their work so they have to keep secrets too. They can't just telegraph every option and every attack, so that she doesn't enact countermeasures. Sirius worked to some extent so they have done an adequate work.

Fat lot of good that did them when she has a hard counter to nearly everything in existence irregardless. Unless Altair is illiterate she could just...read the book where they allegedly put enough foreshadowing for the audience to accept Sirius and all her tremendous power.

She got caught off-guard, her rant full of rage about holopsicon was for that their plan worked. She even defeated Altair. But it didn't end there. Altair proved herself. She went from Beyblade Gilgamesh to a subject of powerlevel arguments. She needed a battle. This is how she wins.
Sep 3, 2017 5:34 AM

Jun 2014
Holy moly this episode was so good.

Still find it a bummer that Selesia died :/.'

The magane sota part was also very interessing, curious if she will have some more moments in these last 2 episodes
Sep 3, 2017 5:40 AM

Jul 2016
So the prediction came true. In the anime they're talking about foreshadowing, but in the actual show, it lacks foreshadowing. Let's see how the story will end *pun intended*
Sep 3, 2017 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
-ZET- said:
Gotta say, I even marked this anime as "Dropped", but still watching it just because of Altair.

To be honest, I really hate how it was aired, the idea of Altair getting more powerful due to people in PIXIV drawing her and they even show those draws is freaking epic, but the anime itself is weak.

Altair is the only character that really does anything, the other are just there to fight her, we barely know anything about them and they barely do anything at all.

Altair is awesome and I fucking love her new design, but that's about it, couldn't care less about any other characters.

Also the reason why I dropped this, it was actually because they managed to make "1 filler episode, 1 recap episode and 1week break"
For some reason that gave me a feeling that the people behind RE:CREATORS just don't give a shit anymore, I might be wrong, and I hope am I, but still...

Nice that I can almost relate to what you stated. Tho I wasn't having the show dropped, Altair is the one that carried me watching. Yes, if it wasn't for her I would really have dropped this in the second half. Mirokuji and Blitz are some of the other characters that triggered my interest a bit but for the rest? I can't give a flying fvck at all. That's why Mamika, Aliceteria and Selesia deaths didn't have an emotional effect on me whatsoever.
Sep 3, 2017 6:32 AM

Jul 2016

Goku: (GASP) Altair, she stole your do!
Altair: I'LL KILL HER!!!

Last time, everything went to shit, Selesia and Alice got the axe, and Altair just revealed that she ACTUALLY graduated from the Joker's school of insane laughs.

Hikayu rushes in and gets her powers Whitesnaked (That means she lost them) by Altair. But all is not lost, as the Creators send in their ultimate weapon...a girl that looks like her. Well, Imitation IS the best form of flattery. Altair gets erased and the day is saved. The heroes head back and.....HAHAHA!!! NOPE! Altairs alive, and Yuya gets stabbed A LOT! C'mon guys it's episode 20, what did you expect?

She assimilates Sirius (The copycat girl) and sports a new look....Nice. After everything the Creators did, it was pointless. Lesson to take home: If you have a character, develop them properly. Or they'll be nothing but a blank slate and anyone else can assimilate them and whoop their ass. I'll give you this much, it was interesting seeing Altair's weakness for once. She's OP, but not as much as we thought. Think about it like this, for every Primal Groudon, there is a Mega Rayquaza. Sometimes there is a check that you just can't beat.
Things doesn't look good, everything is down in the dumps. But there is an option, but it's not popular enough, it won't fly. It's impossible.

But then again, an antique can't come to life and turn you into a pile of red pulp. And we all knew how THAT dance routine went!
Yup, turns out that the deal Souta and Magane made comes full circle. And we now see a rather familiar sight.
An empty train station. It's quite bright outside since it's very sunny outside.From the shadows, a girl comes down a staircase. Her eyes are filled with sorrow and betrayal. The emptiness of the subway reflected on her current state. Nobody was there for her then, Nobody will be there for her now.
Only this time, Altair's there and she finally meets her maker.
LITERALLY.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Sep 3, 2017 6:45 AM
Dec 2013
Actually didn't really expect that. I kinda more thought Yuya was gonna apologize to Altiar or something, saying he's sorry for ignoring Setsuna.
Sep 3, 2017 7:23 AM

May 2015
I just don't care anymore about this anime. Just end this already.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 3, 2017 7:29 AM
Mar 2016
Setsuna huh, i saw this miles away, in the end sota will try to bring setsuna back with magane help, and somehow altair will lose in the episode 21 or 22 (more likely 22 will be some epilogue).
yada yada yada

Tbh i was expecting more better solution rather than using setsuna since it will be the most boring conclusion imo, still at the same time i cant even imagine other conclusion, which is fair.
XallorevSep 3, 2017 7:33 AM
Sep 3, 2017 7:30 AM
Nov 2014
-ZET- said:

Altair is the only character that really does anything, the other are just there to fight her, we barely know anything about them and they barely do anything at all.

Well Hikayu did point out that Altair is the Hero of the story and everyone else is just the enemy she needs to defeat to avenge Setsuna. Cookie cutter story line and the fact that Hikayu pointed it out makes me think that may be the creators of the anime deliberately didn't give much weight to the other characters and just focused mostly on Altair.
Sep 3, 2017 8:33 AM
Apr 2017
I think Setsuna return will reveal the Altair's background for the audience, limiting her power
Sep 3, 2017 9:02 AM
Feb 2010
Pipe said:
I am very disappointed. What I said since Episode 13 happened, Sota's solution will fix all the mess and the solution is simply to bring back Setsuna. Magane is a filler character that is just there to explain why Sota's idea could happen. They or were teleported into the past or recreated the moment when Setsuna suicided The solution was predictable and is sad that the authors didn't decide another idea than the predictable one. Obviously, Altair can't kill Setsuna? or will save her? I remember the part of "this world has laws" from Sota but again Magane filled the hole with her power.

All the other characters are disposable, sadly it is in that way.

While, I agree that the solution was predictable, we're in the minority here. At the same time, predictable solution, doesn't mean bad solution. I much prefer this kinda way out over Sirius or anything else that wouldn't be a total asspull. Having Setsuna back is actually a good writing, they utilized Altair's and Souta's backstories and Magane's powers. No character was left out or felt useless, they've all achieved something in the final battle (including Creators), which is a sign of good and thought out writing. Bringing Setsuna back was the "OH FUCK!" button.

Let's not forget that the anime has been a struggle between Souta and his past, embodied by Altair. With this, he finally moves on and accepts it. What will it bring? We're yet to see.

Nyelecca said:
-ZET- said:

Well Hikayu did point out that Altair is the Hero of the story and everyone else is just the enemy she needs to defeat to avenge Setsuna. Cookie cutter story line and the fact that Hikayu pointed it out makes me think that may be the creators of the anime deliberately didn't give much weight to the other characters and just focused mostly on Altair.

Well, Altair is an embodiment of Souta's regret and sorrow over Setsuna's death, obviously all other characters had little meaning, as the real struggle was between Souta and the antagonist. As for character development - they are all accepted and well developed characters, growing too much would make them feel like real people, not creations. Be it on purpose or accidental, it turned out well. Selesia and co. feel like book characters, which they are.

It also shows that from writer's perspective, something like character development is just adding several lines to the story.
HuggykazeSep 3, 2017 9:08 AM
Sep 3, 2017 9:32 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Rufix said:
Pipe said:
I am very disappointed. What I said since Episode 13 happened, Sota's solution will fix all the mess and the solution is simply to bring back Setsuna. Magane is a filler character that is just there to explain why Sota's idea could happen. They or were teleported into the past or recreated the moment when Setsuna suicided The solution was predictable and is sad that the authors didn't decide another idea than the predictable one. Obviously, Altair can't kill Setsuna? or will save her? I remember the part of "this world has laws" from Sota but again Magane filled the hole with her power.

While, I agree that the solution was predictable, we're in the minority here. At the same time, predictable solution, doesn't mean bad solution. I much prefer this kinda way out over Sirius or anything else that wouldn't be a total asspull. Having Setsuna back is actually a good writing, they utilized Altair's and Souta's backstories and Magane's powers. No character was left out or felt useless, they've all achieved something in the final battle (including Creators), which is a sign of good and thought out writing. Bringing Setsuna back was the "OH FUCK!" button.

Let's not forget that the anime has been a struggle between Souta and his past, embodied by Altair. With this, he finally moves on and accepts it. What will it bring? We're yet to see.

Nyelecca said:

Well, Altair is an embodiment of Souta's regret and sorrow over Setsuna's death, obviously all other characters had little meaning, as the real struggle was between Souta and the antagonist. As for character development - they are all accepted and well developed characters, growing too much would make them feel like real people, not creations. Be it on purpose or accidental, it turned out well. Selesia and co. feel like book characters, which they are.

It also shows that from writer's perspective, something like character development is just adding several lines to the story.

The other characters are disposable. Why? It is simply, if you remove them the story isn't going to be affected. Remove Selesia for example, nothing is going to change the story will be the same and the result will be the same, Mamika, Blizt etc. That means that the character doesn't have an important impact in the main story or is a secondary character. All the background was useless. In other words, the character is disposable.

Sep 3, 2017 9:44 AM
Feb 2010
Pipe said:
Rufix said:

The other characters are disposable. Why? It is simply, if you remove them the story isn't going to be affected. Remove Selesia for example, nothing is going to change the story will be the same and the result will be the same, Mamika, Blizt etc. That means that the character doesn't have an important impact in the main story or is a secondary character. All the background was useless. In other words, the character is disposable.

Can't really agree. All of the characters were used to tell the story, the resolution wouldn't be the same without them. Souta wouldn't come up with his idea without seeing the Creators work to develop their Creations. Setsuna and Sirius wouldn't have been summoned without the help of Kanoya, Meteora and Magane. Without Mamika, Aliceteria would have never switched the sides and being, probably, the second most powerful character of the series, Souta's camp would have had huge issues even getting close to Altair. Not to mention that she was a great character in her mediocrity.

That being said, if it wasn't for Meteora, the whole idea of rewriting the Creations would be impossible, as she's the one who came up with it, after a hint thrown by Yuya. Hikayu is the comic relief character. Obviously, not all of them will be super important to the story, however they were all used to show us the world and its rules, and build up the tension leading to the grand finale.

Well, you can, of course, say that all these things were minor or that they could have been achieved by a different set of characters, but... Being a creator myself, these minor things make up for greater results, nothing is built from great and large parts. As for a different set of characters - I don't find it to be a valid argument, because the same thing can be said about literally every other story.
Sep 3, 2017 9:56 AM
Feb 2017
Pipe said:

Exactly my thoughts.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.