Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 5, 2017 1:21 PM

Oct 2013
Well of course those fanboys would still be fine
Sep 5, 2017 2:45 PM
Aug 2016
NYJustin said:
Who would've expected Jambami to be able to sing that well. 3 more episodes left and hopefully she's able to beat President in a gamble.

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonSep 6, 2017 4:28 AM
Sep 5, 2017 2:56 PM
Aug 2016
AlliedWishes said:
youthful said:
Yes! Yumeko vs Manyuda is what I was waiting for this whole time.

It's one of my most favorites, but I really hope they'll do well with this here. I think this will last only one episode, which makes me worried, especially with notable amount of things they've skipped in this one.

Sigh. 12 episodes.. this really should have been 14 or more.

I wonder if we're gonna get to see the introduction of the household members. Maybe that'll be the last thing we see in this season.
Sep 5, 2017 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
Episode was a bit boring, but the idol ED was pretty good :)

Let's see what kind of game Yumeko will be playing next episode...
Sep 6, 2017 1:05 PM
Oct 2014
NYJustin said:
Who would've expected Jambami to be able to sing that well.

Anybody knowing who Saori Hayami is.
Sep 7, 2017 9:35 AM
Sep 2016
I know this one involved gambling as well, but this one also felt more like a build-up episode. I heard that the next one (and the one after that) is quite fun. Hope they adapt it as such then.
Sep 8, 2017 8:43 AM

Sep 2015
Wow Yumemi might be the first girl to get humbled without having her position toppled. This is such a frustrating show to me. First of all there's plenty I don't like about it. Some of its exceptionally broad characters. Its below what I expect of Mappa animation. I mean the way they animated the idol contest was just really jarring and mediocre. Yumemi's frozen smile as she repeatedly pumps her fist was kind of cringey. And perhaps my most important issue. How disappointingly dumb a lot of the made up gambling games are. All of which were on full display in this episode. But there's still things I really like about the series.

I like its philosophy on gambling if nothing else. The pursuit of truly random luck based chance. And I've liked quite a few of the student council members. Yumemi was a surprisingly interesting character. Her very un-moe fan hating side was a different kind of character arc. Her decision to oust glasses boy at the end was interesting in the grander scheme of the hierarchy Yumeko will have to dismantle too. For once some interesting progress on the overarching not week to week plot. And lastly I like the band of misfits that's forming around Yumeko. It was really funny to me when Yumeko pretended to be excited when Maeri was selected in the one contest. Bluffing that she knew her friend's birthday. But then it turns out she didn't know and just guessed. There's all kinds of stuff I like about this series as well. I just wish it outweighed the stuff I didn't a little more.
Sep 9, 2017 11:25 AM

Jul 2009
Yumeko even sang! LOL
Sep 12, 2017 9:14 AM

Sep 2016
MareepYay said:
Bit of a shame that they've skipped Yumeko's singing. Also, I was hoping that they would adapt this part of the manga (which happened before even meeting Yumemite):

But sadly they didn't, and as far as this has gone, I doubt they will... Makes me wish a bit more that this anime would have had a least one or two more episodes than the total 12 it has been decided to have. Could've helped shown even more as to how determined Yumemite is in her dream.

Still, I think this went mostly fine regardless. I still enjoyed the episode. And I must say, even with how much they have skipped from the manga (not in the game. I mean before the game. The game was actually fine for the most part. Mainly that they've noticeably skipped Yumeko singing), I'm impressed that the pacing doesn't feel rushed at all. Everything went smoothly and you still have the main grasp of what is going on.

Anyways, I hope the upcoming one is going to do just fine, because it's one of my favorites (plus I like Manyuda, the cunning ass. lol).

Wow... that has to be one of the most blunt ways I've seen the sort of thing said, even more hurtful to a child. No wonder she's so determined. Yeah, the anime definitely should have adapted that.
Sep 13, 2017 10:53 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Horrible bet...i think if was the worst episode of this seaon, although the epìsode try to show she won by lucky, was a little fool!!
Sep 17, 2017 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
I love the ending. Yumeko and Yumemi sang so well. :D
Sep 19, 2017 3:16 PM

Jul 2009
Hm, I expected this one to go on a bit longer, we didn't really get to see many of the games :( I didn't expect Yumeko to know Mary's birthday either lol, I guess Yumemi was just overthinking things. Luckily for her she got a happy ending with her fans still supporting her even after the recording was played, and I'm impressed she had the guts to go through with it instead of trying to convince Yumeko to let her get away with it. I'm a bit confused about the whole letter thing, but basically they suspect Manyuda of setting them up? I think he's gonna be an interesting character (his declaration of his intent to succeed the president for one thing!) and I loved his rejection of Yumeko's wager LOL. I guess next episode will be an official match between them then :P Yumemi and Yumeko singing the ED idol-style was pretty nice though XD
Sep 22, 2017 1:36 PM

Mar 2016
Aww I loved the song at the end! Yumeko was such a good sport to play along and sing with Yumemi even though she won. So cute<3
Sep 22, 2017 7:43 PM

Sep 2014
Yumeko is such a boss. If I went to that academy, I would have nothing but utter respect for her, she's just so hardcore and such a bad ass, it's like she's phased by nothing at all. No one can get under her skin. Definitely one of the top fictional characters that I have the most respect for.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Sep 24, 2017 7:50 AM
Jul 2016
Lol that song number with Jabami joining in was quite unexpected... but then again this was an idol episode.
Oct 1, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
Nice to see a performance animated. Also finally a competent male character challenged to gamble.
Oct 7, 2017 5:43 PM

Jan 2014
so it's gonna be Yumeko vs Sakamoto.

too bad she's using her official match to him instead of student council president.
Oct 17, 2017 8:05 PM

Feb 2015
The animation in this show is very well done, I like movement scenes. Finally the idol is forgiven and Matsuda is in the sights. The idol competition was only entertaining and Yumeko won. The idol show was good.
Nov 4, 2017 9:00 AM

May 2012
Another quite interesting episode, quite liked that ending! Let's see what's next.
Nov 5, 2017 10:10 PM

Dec 2016
Hmmm I wonder what Jabami is planning. She definitely knew she was going to be the idol bitch, but did she also want Kaede to come down just for her to challenge him? And now that she did challenge him, why did she do it!? Hmmmmmm
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 28, 2017 4:09 PM
Apr 2014
Interesting. She actually played the tape herself. The reaction of her fans was pretty obvious though. It was rather annoying they drew it out so much.

It was funny how Yumeko turned this into such a big deal though. At this point she's pretty much toying with them just for the sake of it :D She could probably just meet with the president and challenge her directly (if she was at school obviously) but she doesn't anymore. I'm not even entirely certain that guy was the one that setup the idol although he was one of the two I suspect but it doesn't really matter. The sooner we get to the game with the president the better. This event accelerates the whole process a bit.

On a sidenote - the explanation for choosing 6 was kinda stupid. In this case it simply makes the most sense because neither knows the exact month and 6/7 are in the middle of the set. The 6 just lends itself to mind games contrary to the 7 which is unique more or less. And the idol obviously played itself at that.
NanashiNov 28, 2017 4:14 PM
Dec 25, 2017 6:53 AM

Mar 2015
So sad how Yumemite having lost just got cast to the side like that lel
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 4, 2018 8:30 AM

Apr 2015
"The audience member will then kindly lend us their smartphone..." What if the random audience member has a Motorola RAZR or something?

Yumeko is an amazingly elaborate gambler...getting inside the idol's head with the whole 6/9 thing when she herself didn't even know when Mary's birthday was.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 22, 2018 7:50 AM

Jun 2010
Boring episode, like the others too. Had potential to be better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2018 5:32 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Apparently this was a rushed episode from the manga content. So maybe thats why it's weak?

Oh well. The trick with the 6/9 was funny.
May 14, 2018 12:36 AM

Sep 2013
Damn this show is good....just sayin'!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 2, 2019 1:48 AM

Oct 2008
Damn! why did I stop watching this show!
gonna binge watch this ep9 to 12 because S2 is near!!!
5/5.

Jan 10, 2019 9:03 PM

Aug 2015
If they weren't going to animate the singing competition or include any vocals for Yumemite, they should have just skipped straight to the score after the audience starts chanting. Showing the shaking still images was so off putting. It couldn't even be half a verse of song like Jabami? Weird.
Feb 4, 2019 10:01 AM

May 2013
lol it was obvious her fans were still going to root for Yumemi. But I thought they were going to go crazy in love with her sadistic side haha

Yumeko with her hair down is my fave Yumeko <3 wasn't really a fan of the twin tails lol. She would look good with chopsticks in her hair or a ponytail

It's too bad this gamble wasn't as good. Hope it gets redeemed. This one was more like a variety show idol type of thing. Meh.
Apr 16, 2019 10:22 AM

May 2016
This episode was the least Kakegurui-like episode so far with the very light-hearted take it had. There were hardly any tense gambles throughout the variety show and it ended too well for Yumemi because of her considerate but masochistic fans. It's nice that she got to keep her career and finally get to appreciate her own fanbase and we also got a lovely surprise duo performance from the Creamy Dreamy Sisters but it felt so ridiculous even by the show's standards.

Yumeko had secretly influenced Yumemi to sicc her fans on Manyuda and it went really well for her. I didn't expect that she'd use her Official Match pass on him but I guess that he'd be the only one to refuse a game.

Jun 13, 2019 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
Definitely the weakest episode so far which is a shame because the theme is pretty fun. The gambling just wasn't that engaging.
Nov 24, 2019 5:48 AM

Feb 2019
I don't get why they blamed the student council guy in the end. How is it his fault that the idol girl ripped up a fan letter?
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 22, 2020 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
I'm glad this idol business is over, I wonder if idol fans would really react like this is confronted with the harsh truth. Didn't expect another fight against the student coucil next episode, will she really play against the prez in the last episode?
Jun 7, 2020 12:47 PM

May 2015
Im really curious as to what that ring is on Yumeko's finger. I wonder if it has any meaning behind it since its rare to see an anime character wearing a ring if it doesnt have meaning.

Re-watching this is getting me excited to see what happens to him. I remember it being good.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 4, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2019
Fucking simps...
Jul 15, 2020 8:48 AM
Jun 2020
It was an okay episode, I wish they had showed all the games as it was great opportunity for creativity and maybe showcasing some original games, but i do understand that there was a time limit (perhaps this is different in the manga?) This episode wasn't overly sexual so thats a plus (although this might be the only episode so far where sexual fan service was warranted)
Aug 11, 2020 1:56 AM

Jun 2020
lol @ the 6/9 bgm yumeko was like lol i dunno her birthday looooooool yumeko is such a babe!!!!!

is this not an accurate commentary on toxic fan culture lolol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 22, 2020 12:54 AM

Jul 2017
Yumemi and Yumeko singing together was really adorable. Though I prefer the other episodes over an idol one.

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Dec 26, 2020 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
10/10 Episode!!!

Jan 30, 2021 3:40 AM

May 2015
what a bunch os simos
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 5, 2021 11:30 AM
Jun 2021
It was a pretty interesting episode,Yumeko is really lucky.
Oct 23, 2021 6:38 AM

Feb 2021
Well this is by far the boring episode
Jan 25, 2022 12:21 PM

Jul 2019
In a turn of events, everyone is loving Yumemi still. I suppose that is what you get with hardcore fanboys.

Anyway, this was a decent episode but I don't really feel that it was something of stakes in compared to other episodes. Hopefully next episodes will change that.
Jun 14, 2022 10:30 AM

Jun 2019
Well, what can I say? Bunch of fucking simps. I didn't expect that at all. Idiots.
Aug 10, 2022 11:21 AM
Jul 2022
:middle_finger:
Feb 7, 2023 11:47 PM

Dec 2022
Heh, not much happened for my liking but i'll take what i can get.

Jun 3, 2023 8:33 AM
Nov 2021
This series keeps getting better, such a nice episode, I liked the pink girls, resolution, well "half-resolution" ig, well true fans tho, I am glad the anonyms sent the letter because if they did not... the pink girl would have got away without saying anything well an easy 5/5, for me arguably top 3 episodes of this series.
Jan 23, 8:04 AM

Nov 2017
Huh, didn't think things would've turned out the way they did for Yumemi in the end
Mar 3, 7:31 PM

Jul 2021
Not my favourite match so far. Though it was enjoyable. I’m surprised to see the fans forgave the idol girl.

The end of the episode was surprising aswell with Yumeko starting an official match.

Apr 18, 11:14 AM
Feb 2022
Honestly the president and the rest of Yumemi fan club have guts for still support her, and there's nothing wrong with that. Let's be honest, probably a lot of idols, and stars feel the same about their fans.

Spanish translation:
Honestamente, el presidente y el resto del club de fans de Yumemi tienen agallas por seguir apoyándola, y no hay nada de malo en eso. Seamos honestos, probablemente muchas ídol y estrellas sienten lo mismo sobre sus fans.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

373 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

183 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

215 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 10:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.