New
Sep 1, 2017 1:22 PM
Jul 2015
The database should be updated.
Sep 1, 2017 9:50 PM
Dec 2015
hey25 said:
The database should be updated.
I'm curious about her new writing style now since she's older. It's more more darker judging from the one shot. I'm surprise Genbu didn't get a anime adaption yet even though the Manga is over.
Sep 16, 2017 8:54 PM
Dec 2015
Chapter 1 of byakko senki is translated. I'm expecting another decade of story again and follow by a bittersweet reunion in the afterlife like Genbu with some references to the original manga series. More bloodshed and less comedy,
Sep 17, 2017 11:32 AM
Jul 2015
voidepression said:
Chapter 1 of byakko senki is translated. I'm expecting another decade of story again and follow by a bittersweet reunion in the afterlife like Genbu with some references to the original manga series. More bloodshed and less comedy,

As soon as I saw this, I looked it up online, I reread the one shot and proceeded straight to the new scanlated chapter. I hope the series gets licensed as well by the North American publishers and I hope Yu Watase and her storytelling and dexterity won’t wither away. At least not until she finishes this one final tale of the universe of the four gods.
deadlights07Sep 17, 2017 11:41 AM
Sep 19, 2017 3:47 PM
Dec 2015
hey25 said:
voidepression said:

As soon as I saw this, I looked it up online, I reread the one shot and proceeded straight to the new scanlated chapter. I hope the series gets licensed as well by the North American publishers and I hope Yu Watase and her storytelling and dexterity won’t wither away. At least not until she finishes this one final tale of the universe of the four gods.

She did got sick and stopped working on Genbu for a while and it took her a decade to complete in comparison to her original FY manga, which was longer and took her only 4 years to complete. I hope she did used the 2 years after byakko ibun to really prep and map out byakko senki. I don't know how many old fans and new youths will pick this up since Genbu was never adapted to an anime and FY isn't as big as Sailormoon or Cardcapter in order to get a rehash/reboot/remake/spinoff/prequel/sequel like Dragonball.

A lot of Mangaka are getting lazy and some just lost their passion when they get older and write lackluster storyline just to make the deadline. Others used ghost writers and troll their readers with a lot of fillers to buy time for a surprising climax/twist, but only to be letdown.
Oct 14, 2017 12:25 PM
Jul 2015
voidepression said:
She did got sick and stopped working on Genbu for a while and it took her a decade to complete in comparison to her original FY manga, which was longer and took her only 4 years to complete. I hope she did used the 2 years after byakko ibun to really prep and map out byakko senki. I don't know how many old fans and new youths will pick this up since Genbu was never adapted to an anime and FY isn't as big as Sailormoon or Cardcapter in order to get a rehash/reboot/remake/spinoff/prequel/sequel like Dragonball.

A lot of Mangaka are getting lazy and some just lost their passion when they get older and write lackluster storyline just to make the deadline. Others used ghost writers and troll their readers with a lot of fillers to buy time for a surprising climax/twist, but only to be letdown.

And aside from getting sick, she stopped working on Genbu because she started working on other manga as well. So if these won't happen to byakko senki and readers continue to support her works to keep her passion from dissipating, no hiatuses may occur and I see no reason for it to have to take a decade to finish. Fingers crossed :)
May 16, 2018 1:39 PM

Mar 2010
I just wonder... why can't I find Byakko Senki in the database?
May 19, 2018 5:57 AM
Jul 2015
Omega-Zero said:
I just wonder... why can't I find Byakko Senki in the database?
Still pending approval. I wonder too.
Aug 21, 2018 8:23 AM

Aug 2016
Still can't find Byakko Senki in MAL.
I wonder if the scanlation is on hiatus or something. The last chapter was such a cliffhanger!
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.