Forum Settings
Forums

Men of MAL do you want a successful career woman?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Would you prefer a successful career woman?


#1
Sep 1, 2017 11:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8179
I'm sure I'm gonna trigger some people with this, but I'm honestly curious what guys want, or at least what they think they want. You see a lot of women now going to college, getting degrees and getting really good high paying jobs and moving up in their companies and becoming really successful from a career and financial perspective. Unfortunately this often takes a long time and its not until their 30's that they think about settling down. There is also the issue of hypergamy or "dating up" which the majority of women tend to do. It's very unlikely for a woman to settle for a guy that makes less money than them or who they perceive to be inferior to them in some way.

I'm curious though, what is it usually that you look for a woman. Is a successful assertive and likely older career woman what you want? Already anticipating the "who cares what men want" responses. No one is telling women what to do with lives. I'm just curious to find out if the narrative around guys not caring about money and power in women is true and if they tend to value things like youth and attractiveness more.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
 
#2
Sep 1, 2017 11:29 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 47967
i much prefer a partner that have equal or less wealth/income than me since one of the biggest cause of divorce (but we do not have that kind of law here yet) is money problems and i do not want to feel more pathetic when she blames me for having a poorer wealth/income
 
#3
Sep 1, 2017 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 10342
Most straight guys would not turn down a successful career woman... power is very attractive... Like, if a successful woman wanted to prey on me sexually, I'd be totally down ;) ;)

 
#4
Sep 1, 2017 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2454
i just want a dumb wife like miria...
oh and virgin. has to be virgin
 
#5
Sep 1, 2017 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1645
I don't think I'd mind either way, as I'm fairly certain career success would not be a factor in who I like, love, and eventually chose to marry.

That being said, this day and age it is really hard to get by, let alone start and raise a family, without both husband and wife being breadwinners for the household.





 
#6
Sep 1, 2017 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 2574
Obviously, at least in my case. I'll be a stay-at-home dad and do all the housework while waiting for her to get back from work. Reverse gender roles relationship is something worth dying for.

But tbh career and money still don't really matter as long as she is mentally (and mb physically) strong.
Modified by 149597871, Sep 1, 2017 11:39 AM
 
#7
Sep 1, 2017 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 11884
I'm gay, so no.

Even if I were straight, I'd want a subby stay at home lady to make me feel macho and in control.
 
#8
Sep 1, 2017 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 4279
xLemon said:
Most straight guys would not turn down a successful career woman... power is very attractive... Like, if a successful woman wanted to prey on me sexually, I'd be totally down ;) ;)


getting slapped with some money sounds hot until you get a paper cut on your nip
trust

OT: reasons behind that 'success' are more important than the money or power, some people are in the right or wrong spot at the time for various practically uncontrollable reasons (inheriting company, laid off, etc).
"Is a successful assertive and likely older career woman what you want?"
not really, not now at least lol
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
 
#9
Sep 1, 2017 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 10449
As long as she will still have enough Time for our Family, why not?
Otherwise, I have to question how successful one is if they have to work Overtime every Time just to keep their Position, rather than having more convenient Work Conditions like Flexitime, Home Office or nearby Work (less than half an Hour Commute), 35-40h per Week and long and paid Vacations.

 
Sep 1, 2017 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 31711
That depends on the career and how many hours they work. If it's constant work and that keeps her away I'd get lonely. Only time that might work if that is the case if it's a career I could be involved in.
 
Sep 1, 2017 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 10449
traed said:
That depends on the career and how many hours they work. If it's constant work and that keeps her away I'd get lonely. Only time that might work if that is the case if it's a career I could be involved in.
It depends on whether it is really worth. Right now, I favor Free-Time over Money, but that might change with Age. Still, I can't imagine being together with someone if I don't even play a Role in their Life.

What Career do you mean?
 
Sep 1, 2017 1:42 PM

Online
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1289
hell no

woman are subordinate to man















kappa
 
Sep 1, 2017 1:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1205
For sure.

Girls who have no drive or long-term goals turn me off.
 
Sep 1, 2017 2:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 31711
Noboru said:
traed said:
That depends on the career and how many hours they work. If it's constant work and that keeps her away I'd get lonely. Only time that might work if that is the case if it's a career I could be involved in.
It depends on whether it is really worth. Right now, I favor Free-Time over Money, but that might change with Age. Still, I can't imagine being together with someone if I don't even play a Role in their Life.

What Career do you mean?

I'd rather be a poor boy with poor girl in love together than to have no love.

I don't know, like if it's a career that suits my interests I could work with them. The higher a position of authority they are in the easier it would be for a girl like that to help get me in.
 
Sep 1, 2017 3:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 10449
traed said:

I'd rather be a poor boy with poor girl in love together than to have no love.

I don't know, like if it's a career that suits my interests I could work with them. The higher a position of authority they are in the easier it would be for a girl like that to help get me in.
Hmm, not sure whether being poor is worth it. Besides, having Friends or at the very least positive Relations to others is something that is already worthwhile imho

So you would like to have an Office Romance? I'm not so sure about that, because you may end up shouting at each other because of the Stress or you'd get treated strangely by your Colleagues.
 
Sep 1, 2017 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1604
maybe if she came home from a hard days work and put her sweaty stocking feet on my face



words are wasted on me
 
Sep 1, 2017 3:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14428
If we can call "successful career" to be good in kitchen then yes.
 
Sep 1, 2017 3:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1289
Lol no. Im perfectly fine with my lady friend i have now.
 
Sep 1, 2017 3:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 31711
Noboru said:
traed said:

I'd rather be a poor boy with poor girl in love together than to have no love.

I don't know, like if it's a career that suits my interests I could work with them. The higher a position of authority they are in the easier it would be for a girl like that to help get me in.
Hmm, not sure whether being poor is worth it. Besides, having Friends or at the very least positive Relations to others is something that is already worthwhile imho

So you would like to have an Office Romance? I'm not so sure about that, because you may end up shouting at each other because of the Stress or you'd get treated strangely by your Colleagues.

That can be too but you can't always spend that time with friends or share as much.

I would never want to work in an office.
 
Sep 1, 2017 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 17650
hello is this the thot physical removal service
"If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe, they'd cry for a day. But, let's be honest no one would give a shit. They wouldn't. The few people that would feel obligated to go to your funeral would probably be annoyed and leave as early as possible. That's who you are. That's what you are. You are nothing to anyone. To everyone."
-Mr. Robot

"I can take another name, and build a new life.. But on the inside I'll always have that instinct, no matter how much I hate it. I'm yakuza through and through. Guile only gets you so far in this game. Remember that. You won't get another chance."
-Kiryu Kazuma
 
Sep 1, 2017 3:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 2965
I expect from a woman to have a successful career in the kitchen.
 
Sep 1, 2017 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 10449
traed said:

That can be too but you can't always spend that time with friends or share as much.

I would never want to work in an office.
True, but you don't need to.

Then a Romance among two Police Officers going on Patrol? Or two Archeologists looking for their common Ahnenerbe? :D
 
Sep 1, 2017 4:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 10342
Ikaros_42oh said:
xLemon said:
Most straight guys would not turn down a successful career woman... power is very attractive... Like, if a successful woman wanted to prey on me sexually, I'd be totally down ;) ;)


getting slapped with some money sounds hot until you get a paper cut on your nip
trust


woah you got a paper cut on your nipple??

who were you fucking Sonja Blade?? XD
 
Sep 1, 2017 4:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3672
Did you just assume I would enter a relationship? Lmao.
No but seriously, I would prefer her to be successful. But it doesn't really matter if you love the person. As long as they don't take advantage of you.





Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.


 
Sep 1, 2017 4:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12920
Swagernator said:
If we can call "successful career" to be good in kitchen then yes.
Chefs can make a fair bit of money so I would consider that to be successful.

OT: If she's a good woman then being successful isn't going to be a turn-off. I mean, if she's making money as well I should be happier, right? Maybe it could be difficult to get our vacation time to line up, but it's better than her sitting around bored and possibly getting a boyfriend on the side to occupy her time. If she wants to be working stopping her will only cause more problems than it will solve.
 
Sep 1, 2017 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 31711
Noboru said:
traed said:

That can be too but you can't always spend that time with friends or share as much.

I would never want to work in an office.
True, but you don't need to.

Then a Romance among two Police Officers going on Patrol? Or two Archeologists looking for their common Ahnenerbe? :D

Different people need different things to maintain a good psyche.

Don't think I would want to be a police offer with how corrupt it is unless it's for investigation but id rather do that n a non gov run system. Archaeologist would be cool.
 
Sep 1, 2017 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 372
I voted for the last option because I am not a man but wanted to see what men of MAL want lol
 
Sep 1, 2017 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1680
lul
please forgive me if you're reading this, i really like you, dont report this to a mod. if ur a mod i love u.




@brooke
 
Sep 1, 2017 4:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 2731
I don't get how you can say no...

puss and money.

I'm a good cook so it's a match made in heaven



“Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space”
 
Sep 1, 2017 4:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6900
I don't care either way. It's not like I have a specific preference in relation to success.
 
Sep 1, 2017 5:00 PM
Anime Young Man

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2602
more women than men are in education. if anything women, should be asking if they want career men.
MAL's Alcoholics


Mogu-sama said:
Alcohol is an unnatural technology
 
Sep 1, 2017 5:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1287
It really doesn't matter, because it is in the sexual arena that she has to know what she wants.

Just because she is successful in life, doesn't mean she doesn't have the need to be top dog in the bedroom.

Guys just need to be aware that it is OK to move on and away from traditional 1950's relationship dynamics, and think more about dominance and submissiveness in the bedroom, not in the work and business world.

Everyone really needs to protect their own assets, think more in terms of a cooperative relationship between two separate people, and not worry too much about who is more or less, but in how cooperational the two can be.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
 
Sep 1, 2017 6:07 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 10342
AnimeFreak-San said:
more women than men are in education. if anything women, should be asking if they want career men.


education definitely counts as a career especially if you have a phD.
 
Sep 1, 2017 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 3274
I dont know. Im slowing growing up from being a teenage boy and into an adult. My waifus never seems to change over the years.
 
Sep 1, 2017 6:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 4274
Sure, if she will have me. As long as she is attractive.
 
Sep 1, 2017 6:33 PM
Chocobo

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1429
I'd be fine being the only one working, but if she works too that'd be great. So, sure.

Either way.
 
Sep 1, 2017 6:35 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 318
I like intelligent and independent women no matter how successful on career.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
 
Sep 1, 2017 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8285
Most importantly she has to be able to take care of herself. When you envision supporting someone, you imagine being a pillar, and not the floor. You're not there to be walked all over, but to help hold the ceiling up along with them as another pillar.

But beyond that I don't want to see someone as a dollar sign.

I would much prefer a woman who can be content with her life than someone who constantly feels the need to have more.
 
Sep 1, 2017 6:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12158
Well regardless of whether I get married or not (probably not) I have aspirations to at least aim for success.


FINALLY XX YOU OUT
feels so good to forget ya, i've become someone better
.

 
Sep 1, 2017 8:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1479
Yeah, if im going to shackle myself down by marrying, id like a girl that can stand on her 2 feet. I dont want a slave or dumb monkey. Otherwise i wouldnt get married at all and just get fuck buddies.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.


 
Sep 1, 2017 8:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2449
I personally don't give a shit. There's a girl I'm friends with that I have a bit of a crush on, but I'm afriad to tell her. I have no desire to be in a "state sponsored marriage" or any shit like that but I genuinely like her were so alike in many ways an i dunno what to do?
Im a bit drunk but anyone have advice for me? What should i do?
 
Sep 1, 2017 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8285
Lost_Viking said:
I personally don't give a shit. There's a girl I'm friends with that I have a bit of a crush on, but I'm afriad to tell her. I have no desire to be in a "state sponsored marriage" or any shit like that but I genuinely like her were so alike in many ways an i dunno what to do?
Im a bit drunk but anyone have advice for me? What should i do?
Tell her you like her, my man.

The worst you can do is fail. The opportunities are so much greater.

Don't worry about the method or how awkward you feel, or the setting. Everyone views their own romance through their own rose tinted glasses, building up the pressure for others unnecessarily. Tell her through text, or out of nowhere. Do it however you can. What's most important of all is getting to the starting line to begin with, only then can you say you're doing the right thing or not.
 
Sep 1, 2017 8:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 17650
Lost_Viking said:
I personally don't give a shit. There's a girl I'm friends with that I have a bit of a crush on, but I'm afriad to tell her. I have no desire to be in a "state sponsored marriage" or any shit like that but I genuinely like her were so alike in many ways an i dunno what to do?
Im a bit drunk but anyone have advice for me? What should i do?


CALL THOT REMOVAL SERVICE NOW, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS

If she's not a thot, you can respect women like the Chad James, don't be a Virgin Ben! https://twitter.com/i/web/status/903791537250865152
Modified by Rinshan-san, Sep 1, 2017 8:49 PM
"If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe, they'd cry for a day. But, let's be honest no one would give a shit. They wouldn't. The few people that would feel obligated to go to your funeral would probably be annoyed and leave as early as possible. That's who you are. That's what you are. You are nothing to anyone. To everyone."
-Mr. Robot

"I can take another name, and build a new life.. But on the inside I'll always have that instinct, no matter how much I hate it. I'm yakuza through and through. Guile only gets you so far in this game. Remember that. You won't get another chance."
-Kiryu Kazuma
 
Sep 1, 2017 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13536
I'm less concerned about a woman's status and more interested in her soul. A cashier at MacDonald's can bring me greater happiness if she shares similar values and inspires me to live for her.
 
Sep 1, 2017 11:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 13147
>I'm sure I'm gonna trigger some people with this

I think that's your purpose for creating this thread.

Anyway, is there a reason why won't you like someone to succeed?
 
Sep 2, 2017 1:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 913
While I don't rank education too high on my priority list when it comes to having a potential partner, I do find it a huge turn-off if a woman has no aspirations. If all she wants to do is sit around at home all day, unwilling to find even the simplest job and expecting me to sustain us both, that I ain't putting up with.
 
Sep 2, 2017 1:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 7901
...woman?

never heard of that anime.
Chikaji said:
i, personally, would gladly be fisted by every single strong female character until my asshole explodes, permanently rendering me into a coma
 
Sep 2, 2017 1:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 213
I would like her being, not too much dependent on myself, although It does not matter, if she has a succesful career, the only thing, which really matters, for myself, is, that she shall be capable of taking her of everything, when I'm no longer, there.
 
Sep 2, 2017 4:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 5459
I'd very much like a woman that doesn't exist. Because that's the best type of women there are.
 
Sep 2, 2017 5:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 10449
traed said:

Different people need different things to maintain a good psyche.

Don't think I would want to be a police offer with how corrupt it is unless it's for investigation but id rather do that n a non gov run system. Archaeologist would be cool.
Fair enough.

So maybe a private Detective Duo, then. Together you will resolve every Case! :D

Or maybe a Reporter with his Photographer. Or the Weathergirl with her Cameraman or or or.

But if Archaeologist sounds good, then would you want to be in the same Position as her or as an Underling/Helper/Supporter of her? Also, would you prefer to be in a Team with others as well or just you and her?
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »