Forum Settings
Forums

Men of MAL do you want a successful career woman?

New
Would you prefer a successful career woman?
Yes
46.2%
No
25.0%
Eid Mubarak!
28.8%
52 votes
Sep 1, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
I'm sure I'm gonna trigger some people with this, but I'm honestly curious what guys want, or at least what they think they want. You see a lot of women now going to college, getting degrees and getting really good high paying jobs and moving up in their companies and becoming really successful from a career and financial perspective. Unfortunately this often takes a long time and its not until their 30's that they think about settling down. There is also the issue of hypergamy or "dating up" which the majority of women tend to do. It's very unlikely for a woman to settle for a guy that makes less money than them or who they perceive to be inferior to them in some way.

I'm curious though, what is it usually that you look for a woman. Is a successful assertive and likely older career woman what you want? Already anticipating the "who cares what men want" responses. No one is telling women what to do with lives. I'm just curious to find out if the narrative around guys not caring about money and power in women is true and if they tend to value things like youth and attractiveness more.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 1, 2017 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
i much prefer a partner that have equal or less wealth/income than me since one of the biggest cause of divorce (but we do not have that kind of law here yet) is money problems and i do not want to feel more pathetic when she blames me for having a poorer wealth/income
Sep 1, 2017 11:30 AM

May 2013
Most straight guys would not turn down a successful career woman... power is very attractive... Like, if a successful woman wanted to prey on me sexually, I'd be totally down ;) ;)

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 1, 2017 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
i just want a dumb wife like miria...
oh and virgin. has to be virgin
Sep 1, 2017 11:35 AM

May 2017
I don't think I'd mind either way, as I'm fairly certain career success would not be a factor in who I like, love, and eventually chose to marry.

That being said, this day and age it is really hard to get by, let alone start and raise a family, without both husband and wife being breadwinners for the household.

Sep 1, 2017 11:35 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Obviously, at least in my case. I'll be a stay-at-home dad and do all the housework while waiting for her to get back from work. Reverse gender roles relationship is something worth dying for.

But tbh career and money still don't really matter as long as she is mentally (and mb physically) strong.
149597871Sep 1, 2017 11:39 AM
Sep 1, 2017 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
I'm gay, so no.

Even if I were straight, I'd want a subby stay at home lady to make me feel macho and in control.

Sep 1, 2017 11:44 AM

Apr 2017
xLemon said:
Most straight guys would not turn down a successful career woman... power is very attractive... Like, if a successful woman wanted to prey on me sexually, I'd be totally down ;) ;)

getting slapped with some money sounds hot until you get a paper cut on your nip
trust

OT: reasons behind that 'success' are more important than the money or power, some people are in the right or wrong spot at the time for various practically uncontrollable reasons (inheriting company, laid off, etc).
"Is a successful assertive and likely older career woman what you want?"
not really, not now at least lol
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Sep 1, 2017 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
As long as she will still have enough Time for our Family, why not?
Otherwise, I have to question how successful one is if they have to work Overtime every Time just to keep their Position, rather than having more convenient Work Conditions like Flexitime, Home Office or nearby Work (less than half an Hour Commute), 35-40h per Week and long and paid Vacations.

Sep 1, 2017 1:31 PM

Mar 2008
That depends on the career and how many hours they work. If it's constant work and that keeps her away I'd get lonely. Only time that might work if that is the case if it's a career I could be involved in.
Sep 1, 2017 1:40 PM

Jan 2009
traed said:
That depends on the career and how many hours they work. If it's constant work and that keeps her away I'd get lonely. Only time that might work if that is the case if it's a career I could be involved in.
It depends on whether it is really worth. Right now, I favor Free-Time over Money, but that might change with Age. Still, I can't imagine being together with someone if I don't even play a Role in their Life.

What Career do you mean?
Sep 1, 2017 1:42 PM

Jan 2017
hell no

woman are subordinate to man

kappa
Sep 1, 2017 1:52 PM

Jun 2010
For sure.

Girls who have no drive or long-term goals turn me off.
Sep 1, 2017 2:30 PM

Mar 2008
Noboru said:
traed said:
It depends on whether it is really worth. Right now, I favor Free-Time over Money, but that might change with Age. Still, I can't imagine being together with someone if I don't even play a Role in their Life.

What Career do you mean?

I'd rather be a poor boy with poor girl in love together than to have no love.

I don't know, like if it's a career that suits my interests I could work with them. The higher a position of authority they are in the easier it would be for a girl like that to help get me in.
Sep 1, 2017 3:29 PM

Jan 2009
traed said:

I don't know, like if it's a career that suits my interests I could work with them. The higher a position of authority they are in the easier it would be for a girl like that to help get me in.
Hmm, not sure whether being poor is worth it. Besides, having Friends or at the very least positive Relations to others is something that is already worthwhile imho

So you would like to have an Office Romance? I'm not so sure about that, because you may end up shouting at each other because of the Stress or you'd get treated strangely by your Colleagues.
Sep 1, 2017 3:33 PM
Jun 2015
maybe if she came home from a hard days work and put her sweaty stocking feet on my face
Sep 1, 2017 3:35 PM

Apr 2016
If we can call "successful career" to be good in kitchen then yes.
Sep 1, 2017 3:38 PM

Oct 2014
Lol no. Im perfectly fine with my lady friend i have now.
Sep 1, 2017 3:41 PM

Mar 2008
Noboru said:
traed said:

Hmm, not sure whether being poor is worth it. Besides, having Friends or at the very least positive Relations to others is something that is already worthwhile imho

So you would like to have an Office Romance? I'm not so sure about that, because you may end up shouting at each other because of the Stress or you'd get treated strangely by your Colleagues.

That can be too but you can't always spend that time with friends or share as much.

I would never want to work in an office.
Sep 1, 2017 3:52 PM
Feb 2014
hello is this the thot physical removal service
Sep 1, 2017 3:54 PM
Aug 2016
I expect from a woman to have a successful career in the kitchen.
Sep 1, 2017 4:08 PM

Jan 2009
traed said:

That can be too but you can't always spend that time with friends or share as much.

True, but you don't need to.

Then a Romance among two Police Officers going on Patrol? Or two Archeologists looking for their common Ahnenerbe? :D
Sep 1, 2017 4:09 PM

May 2013
Ikaros_42oh said:
xLemon said:

getting slapped with some money sounds hot until you get a paper cut on your nip
trust

woah you got a paper cut on your nipple??

who were you fucking Sonja Blade?? XD
I CELEBRATE myself,
Sep 1, 2017 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
Did you just assume I would enter a relationship? Lmao.
No but seriously, I would prefer her to be successful. But it doesn't really matter if you love the person. As long as they don't take advantage of you.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 1, 2017 4:15 PM

Oct 2014
Swagernator said:
If we can call "successful career" to be good in kitchen then yes.
Chefs can make a fair bit of money so I would consider that to be successful.

OT: If she's a good woman then being successful isn't going to be a turn-off. I mean, if she's making money as well I should be happier, right? Maybe it could be difficult to get our vacation time to line up, but it's better than her sitting around bored and possibly getting a boyfriend on the side to occupy her time. If she wants to be working stopping her will only cause more problems than it will solve.
Sep 1, 2017 4:31 PM

Mar 2008
Noboru said:
traed said:

True, but you don't need to.

Then a Romance among two Police Officers going on Patrol? Or two Archeologists looking for their common Ahnenerbe? :D

Different people need different things to maintain a good psyche.

Don't think I would want to be a police offer with how corrupt it is unless it's for investigation but id rather do that n a non gov run system. Archaeologist would be cool.
Sep 1, 2017 4:44 PM

Jan 2016
I voted for the last option because I am not a man but wanted to see what men of MAL want lol
Sep 1, 2017 4:44 PM

Aug 2014
lul
please forgive me if you're reading this, i really like you, dont report this to a mod. if ur a mod i love u.

@brooke
Sep 1, 2017 4:47 PM

Apr 2017
I don't get how you can say no...

puss and money.

I'm a good cook so it's a match made in heaven
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Sep 1, 2017 4:57 PM

Jun 2015
I don't care either way. It's not like I have a specific preference in relation to success.
Sep 1, 2017 5:00 PM

Sep 2014
more women than men are in education. if anything women, should be asking if they want career men.
Sep 1, 2017 5:13 PM

Aug 2015
It really doesn't matter, because it is in the sexual arena that she has to know what she wants.

Just because she is successful in life, doesn't mean she doesn't have the need to be top dog in the bedroom.

Guys just need to be aware that it is OK to move on and away from traditional 1950's relationship dynamics, and think more about dominance and submissiveness in the bedroom, not in the work and business world.

Everyone really needs to protect their own assets, think more in terms of a cooperative relationship between two separate people, and not worry too much about who is more or less, but in how cooperational the two can be.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Sep 1, 2017 6:07 PM

May 2013
AnimeFreak-San said:
more women than men are in education. if anything women, should be asking if they want career men.

education definitely counts as a career especially if you have a phD.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Sep 1, 2017 6:17 PM

Sep 2015
I dont know. Im slowing growing up from being a teenage boy and into an adult. My waifus never seems to change over the years.
Sep 1, 2017 6:29 PM

Nov 2013
Sure, if she will have me. As long as she is attractive.
Sep 1, 2017 6:33 PM

Feb 2016
I'd be fine being the only one working, but if she works too that'd be great. So, sure.

Either way.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Sep 1, 2017 6:35 PM
May 2017
I like intelligent and independent women no matter how successful on career.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 1, 2017 6:37 PM

May 2010
Most importantly she has to be able to take care of herself. When you envision supporting someone, you imagine being a pillar, and not the floor. You're not there to be walked all over, but to help hold the ceiling up along with them as another pillar.

But beyond that I don't want to see someone as a dollar sign.

I would much prefer a woman who can be content with her life than someone who constantly feels the need to have more.
Sep 1, 2017 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Well regardless of whether I get married or not (probably not) I have aspirations to at least aim for success.
Sep 1, 2017 8:18 PM

Oct 2015
Yeah, if im going to shackle myself down by marrying, id like a girl that can stand on her 2 feet. I dont want a slave or dumb monkey. Otherwise i wouldnt get married at all and just get fuck buddies.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Sep 1, 2017 8:22 PM

Jun 2016
I personally don't give a shit. There's a girl I'm friends with that I have a bit of a crush on, but I'm afriad to tell her. I have no desire to be in a "state sponsored marriage" or any shit like that but I genuinely like her were so alike in many ways an i dunno what to do?
Im a bit drunk but anyone have advice for me? What should i do?
Sep 1, 2017 8:35 PM

May 2010
Lost_Viking said:
I personally don't give a shit. There's a girl I'm friends with that I have a bit of a crush on, but I'm afriad to tell her. I have no desire to be in a "state sponsored marriage" or any shit like that but I genuinely like her were so alike in many ways an i dunno what to do?
Tell her you like her, my man.

The worst you can do is fail. The opportunities are so much greater.

Don't worry about the method or how awkward you feel, or the setting. Everyone views their own romance through their own rose tinted glasses, building up the pressure for others unnecessarily. Tell her through text, or out of nowhere. Do it however you can. What's most important of all is getting to the starting line to begin with, only then can you say you're doing the right thing or not.
Sep 1, 2017 8:36 PM
Feb 2014
Lost_Viking said:

CALL THOT REMOVAL SERVICE NOW, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS

If she's not a thot, you can respect women like the Chad James, don't be a Virgin Ben! https://twitter.com/i/web/status/903791537250865152
AqutanSep 1, 2017 8:49 PM
Sep 1, 2017 8:43 PM

Dec 2012
I'm less concerned about a woman's status and more interested in her soul. A cashier at MacDonald's can bring me greater happiness if she shares similar values and inspires me to live for her.
Sep 1, 2017 11:28 PM

Feb 2015
>I'm sure I'm gonna trigger some people with this

I think that's your purpose for creating this thread.

Anyway, is there a reason why won't you like someone to succeed?
Sep 2, 2017 1:40 AM

Jan 2016
While I don't rank education too high on my priority list when it comes to having a potential partner, I do find it a huge turn-off if a woman has no aspirations. If all she wants to do is sit around at home all day, unwilling to find even the simplest job and expecting me to sustain us both, that I ain't putting up with.
Sep 2, 2017 1:52 AM

Jun 2017
I would like her being, not too much dependent on myself, although It does not matter, if she has a succesful career, the only thing, which really matters, for myself, is, that she shall be capable of taking her of everything, when I'm no longer, there.
Sep 2, 2017 4:23 AM

Aug 2012
I'd very much like a woman that doesn't exist. Because that's the best type of women there are.
Sep 2, 2017 5:09 AM

Jan 2009
traed said:

Different people need different things to maintain a good psyche.

Don't think I would want to be a police offer with how corrupt it is unless it's for investigation but id rather do that n a non gov run system. Archaeologist would be cool.
Fair enough.

So maybe a private Detective Duo, then. Together you will resolve every Case! :D

Or maybe a Reporter with his Photographer. Or the Weathergirl with her Cameraman or or or.

But if Archaeologist sounds good, then would you want to be in the same Position as her or as an Underling/Helper/Supporter of her? Also, would you prefer to be in a Team with others as well or just you and her?
Sep 2, 2017 5:21 AM

May 2012
>unironically being heterosexual in 2017
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

13 by xthewarwithinx »»
4 seconds ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

10 by Sad »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 9 hours ago

24 by xthewarwithinx »»
13 minutes ago

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

10 by xthewarwithinx »»
22 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

30 by Sad »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.