Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most generic anime you've seen?

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Post New Reply
Sep 5, 2017 2:02 PM

Illyricus said:
OmegaSwampert said:
Schoolgirl Strikers is incredibly generic, both in comparison to other anime and in comparison to itself. Regarding the latter point, all the characters, in terms of personality -- or rather lack thereof -- and even face, are pretty much just reskins of each other.
Holy shit, Schoolgirls Strikers, it was so forgettable I actually forgot it existed.

Wow, seriously? I guess that makes you lucky in a way. Point proven, I can't think of any series more forgettable...

...or maybe I just forgot them all.

░░░░▒▒▓▓█ My List █▓▓▒▒░░░░
░▒▓█ Favorite Anime OST █▓▒░
░░▒▓█ Favorite Novel █▓▒░░
░░▒▓█ Favorite Anime █▓▒░░

Sep 5, 2017 8:01 PM

Chrno Crusade is probably the most bog-standard anime out there. It's a fine show that's well-made and all, but it inspires absolutely nothing from me.

This glorious signature made by @Mayumi leads to my
superior reviews! Most Recent: Mirai of the Future!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Having exquisite animation does not a good anime make.
There is nothing wrong with liking slice-of-life/iyashikei.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There is always top-shelf anime.
You should be watching both blue jacket Lupin III series."

Sep 5, 2017 9:35 PM

Apoc_Revolution said:
Musaigen no Phantom World, DanMachi, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Kyoukai no Kanata and Fairy Tail Movie 1. These aren't the worst anime I've seen, but they are the most bland anime that I've seen so far. There is absolutely nothing special about any of these.

I should've thought of this earlier, but I'm adding KonoSuba to this list. The only difference is that I find KonoSuba much worse than the other ones. It's a plotless Isekai anime where the characters do nothing but defeat random enemies, and the setting isn't even remotely interesting. The characters aren't bad, but they're nothing special either. Yet there are many people who praise this anime only because they somehow liked the terrible comedy.

Sep 5, 2017 10:18 PM

Clannad. I forced myself through fifty whole episodes waiting for it to get better but every last minute was so so soooo very boring.

Sep 6, 2017 12:25 AM

necrodancewithme said:
Clannad. I forced myself through fifty whole episodes waiting for it to get better but every last minute was so so soooo very boring.

I kinda get where youre coming from with the boring thing, but how is it generic?

EDIT: a word
Modified by SisconOniisan, Sep 7, 2017 4:58 AM
I wonder if I'm going to jail for this

Sep 6, 2017 4:52 PM

MangoAllergy said:
necrodancewithme said:

I kinda get where youre coming from with thing boring thing, but how is it generic?

Hmm. Maybe I'm confused about the definition of generic. But I just personally didn't find any likable thing about the series. The characters weren't appealing or interesting and came off pretty cliche imo. The pacing was way too slow to get me invested. And the emotional parts were completely lost on me because I didn't care enough about the characters to sympathize with any of them.

Sep 7, 2017 4:56 AM

necrodancewithme said:
Hmm. Maybe I'm confused... ...sympathize with any of them.

Oh yeah, you're right about the characters (Reminded me of this) and I sorta agree on the pacing bit. The story came as somewhat confusing to me with the time reset and all that, but maybe that's just cause I haven't touched the VN yet.

But yeah, for the most part, I guess I can agree with you. Strangely though, it was (and still is) one of the series that made a strong enough impact on me that I still remember it years after watching it once.
Modified by SisconOniisan, Sep 7, 2017 5:00 AM
I wonder if I'm going to jail for this

Sep 7, 2017 2:16 PM

I'm watching Sky Wizard's Academy, and that's fairly generic. An outcast student is picked to train 3 misfit girls to make them better Sky Wizards, so they can fight flying bugs that attack their floating city. To make it even more generic, they have to win a fighting tournament just to stay in school!

Sep 7, 2017 2:19 PM

Mushishi is pretty generic. It's dark atmosphere mixed with otherworldly creatures has been done countless times before. Still love it though.

Sep 7, 2017 2:34 PM

After going through everything I've completed, I guess i'd say DanMachi, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?, and K.

Sep 7, 2017 3:02 PM
Pixel_Vapour said:
Mushishi is pretty generic.
This although for different reasons that prevent me to enjoy it. I have saw only first season but struggled not to fall asleep. Its premise sounds "cool" but that show suffers from almost complete lack of direction. Even few scripts bot could make it feel the same way. Its simplistic story tried so hard to provide any impression but failed to deliver it to me like 1/10th way trough all the time. But to be honest, still far from being the top. Unfortunately, it is not easy to make the top as it requires too much research and very good memory to remember nor to choose the most forgettable thing experienced.

Sep 10, 2017 8:52 AM
Taboo Tattoo

I can't believe that I even finished it. There was nothing special nor enjoyable about that anime, in my opinion.

Sep 11, 2017 5:26 AM

Masamune-kun no revenge is really overrated and average in my opinion. Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? was also really average but leans more towards bad.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno

Oct 24, 2017 8:15 PM

A lot (everything of my list with 3. 2 and 1). For example: Fuuka. The start is so generic and finished more generic than ever. I don't recommend this to anyone. Jikan no Shihaisha is other of the generic animes of the year.
Modified by Nurguburu, Oct 24, 2017 8:36 PM
Life has no meaning.

Oct 24, 2017 10:01 PM

FairyTail by a mile

-Idiot MC
-MC beat people up with friendship
-random power ups
-Retarded MC

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]