Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most generic anime you've seen?

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Post New Reply
Sep 3, 2017 4:24 AM

Probably Rave, which is a shame because the manga looked alright.
Modified by EratiK, Sep 3, 2017 5:22 AM

Sep 3, 2017 4:29 AM

Sep 3, 2017 4:39 AM

TuyNOM said:
Quanzhi Gaoshou for game

how? haven't watch anime yet, but pretty sure anme that focusing mmorpg as actual E-SPort IRL is still pretty rare... the closes thing i can remember is legendary moonligh sculptor, but it also has complitely different settings...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Sep 3, 2017 5:02 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Infinite Stratos and every bad show like it. It does a disservice to it's kind.

Sep 3, 2017 5:04 AM

EratiK said:
>Mob Psycho and OPM
>generic

Probably Rave, which is a shame because the manga looked alright.

The manga is quite emotional roller coaster.
Defintely better than Fairy Tail aka Friendship power.

Sep 3, 2017 5:28 AM

I think Glasslip is the definition of generic (and boring as well).

Sep 3, 2017 6:24 AM

freaking accel world. no not only accel world.. Every isekai genre out there (but i love some) especially that anime called ''In Another World With My Smartphone''.

Sep 3, 2017 7:21 AM
Poster27 said:
No Game No Life
generic design.

Hey, I thought in all other aspects besides visuals it was generic. Have you honestly seen that kind of art style before?? It's incredibly colourful and stunning. Otherwise I agree.

AnimeotakuWeeb said:

Mob psycho 100

Elaborate or fake news.

Sep 3, 2017 7:40 AM
Kuma said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:

One punch man
Mob psycho 100

can you guve more explanation how they are generic... in what way they similiar into? what series they follow the genericness?

They use the cliches shounen Tropes

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!

Sep 3, 2017 8:37 AM
0v33t1 said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:

Sorry, but you lost all credibility the moment you gave Masou Gakuen HxH a 10 but still criticize the use of tropes.

Ha says the guy that has bleach as his favourite

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!

Sep 3, 2017 8:51 AM

0v33t1 said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:

Ha says the guy that has bleach as his favourite

I rate purely on enjoyment and unlike you, I only criticize shows of using tropes when the show actually does it worse than Bleach + at least Bleach Isn't a 100% carbon copy of every other show in it's genre.
This is going to go on forever if one of you guys don't use examples soon. You both are just saying rude stuff to each other(i.e "Ha says the guy that has bleach as his favourite,"Sorry, but you lost all credibility the moment you gave Masou Gakuen HxH a 10 but still criticize the use of tropes.").Make it more like a debate and less like an argument.

Sep 3, 2017 10:38 AM

Tokku said:
Poster27 said:
No Game No Life
generic design.

Hey, I thought in all other aspects besides visuals it was generic. Have you honestly seen that kind of art style before?? It's incredibly colourful and stunning. Otherwise I agree.

I meant it more for Angel Beats, but yeah still NGNL is your typical anime character design. I'm positive I've seen a lot of anime girls looking exactly like that imouto in that series. The only thing which really stands out is a colour palette applied to it, which I personally didn't like.

Sep 3, 2017 11:02 AM
Poster27 said:
Tokku said:

I meant it more for Angel Beats, but yeah still NGNL is your typical anime character design. I'm positive I've seen a lot of anime girls looking exactly like that imouto in that series. The only thing which really stands out is a colour palette applied to it, which I personally didn't like.

I don't know about that, man. The sister character has the stereotypical sailor uniform but her eyes are pretty unique along with the rest of the character's general eye shape/colouring. (I for one have definitely not seen very many actual anime characters with such a huge gradient of colours in their hair like in ngnl, a really good example are the figurines that have come out) The colour palate is definitely also much different as you said but I think what I mentioned beforehand is enough for me to definitely say that the designs are different in both colour and style regardless of personal appeal (their paper thin personality entirely aside). Gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on this one aspect.

AnimeotakuWeeb said:
Kuma said:

can you guve more explanation how they are generic... in what way they similiar into? what series they follow the genericness?

Such as? Gonna need more than that to rebuttal anything.

Sep 3, 2017 11:21 AM

Gakusen toshi asterisk maybe? first thing that came to mind

Sep 3, 2017 11:44 AM

Zelev said:
CrashD said:

Soul Eater NOT wasn't the best thing ever, but it wasn't generic. Being in the same world as Soul Eater and sharing all of it's unique and interesting concepts made it a lot more original than most moe slice of life shows.

The characters were pretty "meh.."

Yeah, sort of. There are much worse characters in moe shows though.

Sep 3, 2017 12:03 PM

Zelev said:
Almost everything I gave a score of 3, basically.

So for example, there's Fairy Tail, Accel World, Soul Eater NOT, Plastic Memories, Orange, Akashic Records, Masamune-kun no Revenge, Grimoire of Zero, Tyrant Lover, etc...

I've probably offended a lot of people already.

If people would care about your opinion...

OT: Who needs original anime when there are plenty of moe shows :V

Sep 3, 2017 12:13 PM
The answer is always legend of the galactic heroes.

Sep 3, 2017 12:16 PM

Kuma said:
TuyNOM said:
Quanzhi Gaoshou for game

how? haven't watch anime yet, but pretty sure anme that focusing mmorpg as actual E-SPort IRL is still pretty rare... the closes thing i can remember is legendary moonligh sculptor, but it also has complitely different settings...

Quanzhi Gaoshou isn't original because we still have a "poker face" main character completely almighty. And the anime doesn't talk about E-sport, at least it does not explain anything... :/

Sep 3, 2017 12:20 PM

Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? is the worst anime I've seen; everything about it is generic and there is nothing special about it that separates it from titles such as Sword Art Online other than it has no levels of enjoyment to it

Sep 3, 2017 12:22 PM

warning!! don't watch SAO Because is worst
I don't care

Sep 3, 2017 1:27 PM

shakugan no shana season 1
i had high hopes for shana before watching it as i had heard good things about it
but it was a borefest for me :(((((

Sep 3, 2017 3:24 PM

Bunta86 said:
Zelev said:
Almost everything I gave a score of 3, basically.

So for example, there's Fairy Tail, Accel World, Soul Eater NOT, Plastic Memories, Orange, Akashic Records, Masamune-kun no Revenge, Grimoire of Zero, Tyrant Lover, etc...

I've probably offended a lot of people already.

You cared enough to reply, ironically.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 3, 2017 5:12 PM

AnimeotakuWeeb said:
Kuma said:

which cliche they use? which series they resembles that make them generic? also infact, OPM is seinen...

TuyNOM said:
Kuma said:

Quanzhi Gaoshou isn't original because we still have a "poker face" main character completely almighty. And the anime doesn't talk about E-sport, at least it does not explain anything... :/

just because one aspect doesn't original, it will become generic... it's not what generic is... generic is literaly mean nothing to offer... if you can give series that similiar with quanzhi, then i can accept your opinion...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Sep 3, 2017 6:06 PM

Neon Genesis Evangelion

and second would be IS: Infinte Stratos.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513

Sep 3, 2017 6:17 PM

Overlord. Ridiculously OP MC, female subordinates who all want his dick, uninspired isekai setting, generic art style, forgettable and one-dimensional characters, shitty battles and CG... I could go on. Why, Madhouse, why???

Sep 3, 2017 6:53 PM

I'd say Sword Art Online, but it's simply the most average.

For brain off, make most standard anime: Mars of Destruction. It's simply brainless, hits the usual tropes, done. The most generic anime. The same way Turkish Star Wars is the most generic hero's journey story.

Sep 3, 2017 11:19 PM

Gotta go with Isekai wa Smartphone for this season lol xD

Sep 4, 2017 12:38 AM

Akame Ga Kill was pretty much just an amalgam of the most overused tropes in the medium.

━━━━ ✿ ━━━━
✮・゚“残した夢がドアを開ける" ・゚✮

━━━━ ✿ ━━━━

Sep 4, 2017 2:34 AM

'Koutetsujou no Kabaneri'. Super generic "Survive the bad things" and the most beta characters ever.
'D.Gray-man'. Kill the bad things that make people do bad things.
'Mirai Nikki (TV)'. Brings nothing to survival anime.
'Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?'.

Sep 4, 2017 2:53 AM

Without a doubt : Isekai wa Smartphone and Masamune no Revenge

Also SAO.

Sep 4, 2017 2:56 AM

Steins;Gate
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.

Sep 4, 2017 3:33 AM

I think the ongoing Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni is the most generic anime I've seen atm. It's quite entertaining though because you can expect nothing serious with the plot. XD

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Sep 4, 2017 4:01 AM

Hundred has been mentioned so many times it's actually making me curious.

Also, seems like a lot of people here is just listing anime that they think are bad and not generally generic (imo). You guys could at least list WHY you think it's generic instead of blabbing on titles, so we could have a some amount of discussion.

Anyway, for me it's probably Fairy Tail.

I just cut the list off, I could go on forever with this anime. This doesn't mean I don't enjoy the show btw, it has its good parts. It's just that the tropes are way too overwhelming and way too many are forced into the show.
I wonder if I'm going to jail for this

Sep 4, 2017 5:10 AM
the most generic anime I've ever seen, it was cory in the house

Sep 4, 2017 6:17 AM

Strike the Blood is definitely the most generic anime i ever seen. Guilty Crown comes close.

Sep 4, 2017 7:52 AM

zal said:
Steins;Gate

What makes them generic to you? I can kind of see why you would pick them but I also think they have certain things that do set them apart from their contemporaries.

Sep 4, 2017 8:01 AM
Probably A name ga Kill or Sword Art Online. Akame ga Kill didn't have any good or unique world building or characterization. Hell, they couldn't even name the setting anything more than "the empire!" SAO is almost as bad because they almost didn't flesh out anything and when they did, which was super rare, it was unrealistic and worthless, but SAO put in some effort so it is superior.

Sep 4, 2017 8:44 AM

Zelev said:
Bunta86 said:

Just pointing out that nobody cares. You expected to trigger a fanboi, you failed :^)

Sep 4, 2017 8:54 AM

Pixel_Vapour said:
zal said:
Steins;Gate

What makes them generic to you? I can kind of see why you would pick them but I also think they have certain things that do set them apart from their contemporaries.
I picked them because everyone picks whatever show they don't like so I just threw these two. However even if I don't seriously consider them the MOST generic ones I would call them generic because I find the characters lacking actual personality while just serving the plot and I already had my share of time travel shows that solved their problems by resetting time and avoiding bringing real consequences to the story before watching these two.
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.

Sep 4, 2017 10:38 AM

Bunta86 said:
Zelev said:

Just pointing out that nobody cares. You expected to trigger a fanboi, you failed :^)

You clearly didn't read through everything considering I got multiple replies lmao. I mean, hey, you tried though.

Sep 4, 2017 11:09 AM

Zelev said:
Bunta86 said:

You clearly didn't read through everything considering I got multiple replies lmao. I mean, hey, you tried though.

Seriously, I'd love to pick on you now, but you know what, I won't. Both of us know who the failure in life is (it's you) and I won't waste my precious time to talk to you :)

Sep 4, 2017 12:21 PM

Bunta86 said:
Zelev said:

Seriously, I'd love to pick on you now, but you know what, I won't. Both of us know who the failure in life is (it's you) and I won't waste my precious time to talk to you :)

Please talk to me because I really care.

Sep 4, 2017 2:24 PM

Zelev said:
Bunta86 said:

The only thing you care about is getting attention by talking bullshit on an online forum. Talk about being a sad life :^)

Sep 4, 2017 2:26 PM

Bunta86 said:
Zelev said:

The only thing you care about is getting attention by talking bullshit on an online forum. Talk about being a sad life :^)

Damn you sure got me there. Sad life.

Sep 4, 2017 2:33 PM

Schoolgirl Strikers is incredibly generic, both in comparison to other anime and in comparison to itself. Regarding the latter point, all the characters, in terms of personality -- or rather lack thereof -- and even face, are pretty much just reskins of each other.

Of course, Smartphone is also high up on the list in this subject.

░░░░▒▒▓▓█ My List █▓▓▒▒░░░░
░▒▓█ Favorite Anime OST █▓▒░
░░▒▓█ Favorite Novel █▓▒░░
░░▒▓█ Favorite Anime █▓▒░░

Sep 4, 2017 3:03 PM

Kuma said:

TuyNOM said:

just because one aspect doesn't original, it will become generic... it's not what generic is... generic is literaly mean nothing to offer... if you can give series that similiar with quanzhi, then i can accept your opinion...

Sword Art Online, Mondaiji, NGNL...

In fact I was interested in King's Avatar when I heard he was talking about E-sport but eventually the show doesn' go into the subject in depth and just show characters playing. Very dispensable for my taste.

Sep 4, 2017 6:10 PM

Easily has to be Hundred for me. It felt very generic when I watched it. You probably could play bingo with it by randomly putting down very common tropes/ideas and you'll likely get a full house very quickly. I would say that there isn't anything about it that is original (or done better than average). Pretty much everything I've seen in it has been done before in a different show and has been done better.

TuyNOM said:
In fact I was interested in King's Avatar when I heard he was talking about E-sport but eventually the show doesn' go into the subject in depth and just show characters playing. Very dispensable for my taste.

People seem to play up the "fact" its an e-sports anime, when it isn't. It has e-sports in it, but its not really gone into any real detail about it and the show is not centred around it yet. They kinda mentioned a 3 part system with the 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5 battles but does get lost within the show if you don't pay attention. Although its likely to change in the future if/when more seasons for it come out. But from what it is so far, its a gaming anime with potential to turn into an e-sports one in later seasons.

Sep 4, 2017 6:25 PM

imo Katekyo Hitman Reborn has just about every shounen trope I can think of, only there's nothing that actually makes up for the flaws- everything about it is generic in the worst way possible. It even has romance tropes as well- like the MC just reminds me of about 99.9% of the male protags in romance anime. He's a bland, weak-willed coward but somehow girls still like him.
Plus, it doesn't even have good art or animation to take the edge off. There's literally nothing to anticipate because you know how it's all gonna go down and it doesn't exactly put a good twist on the tried and true. don't even get me started on the villains

Nisekoi is right up there too, only is does have tasteful visuals which act as somewhat of a distraction from the godawful, generic story and cookie-cutter characters.

A flip of this, as in ridiculously generic but done right, would be JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood. Oh god, it has every cliche in the book but it flaunts it in the viewer's face so much, and with about 3% decency and 1% serious intent that it becomes something completely original.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 4, 2017 6:42 PM

TuyNOM said:
Kuma said:

Sword Art Online, Mondaiji, NGNL...

SAO is trapped in game, while mondaiji and NGNL is isekai... it was complitely different trope... however, i heard the anime simply focusing on interestng stuff and system as well world building skipped...

Sep 5, 2017 12:49 AM

OmegaSwampert said:
Schoolgirl Strikers is incredibly generic, both in comparison to other anime and in comparison to itself. Regarding the latter point, all the characters, in terms of personality -- or rather lack thereof -- and even face, are pretty much just reskins of each other.
Holy shit, Schoolgirls Strikers, it was so forgettable I actually forgot it existed.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »