Forum Settings
Forums

People Who Live Alone By Yourselves, How Do You Eat?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Sep 3, 2017 7:44 AM

I don't live alone, so I eat whatever.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 3, 2017 4:56 PM

I like cooking so it's never been a problem for me.

I generally make asian food but my go to lazy meal is definitely baked salmon + salad.

Just toss the salmon into some foil, olive oil, seasonings. Don't even have to wash a plate if you eat from the foil lmao
Modified by mm_redvelvet, Sep 3, 2017 5:03 PM
☆ V E L V E T  (ハジメました) feel free to add/comment!

anime_list | BN_ID: #1404 | LoL: mmredvelvet

let's eat good food and play games together ~

Sep 3, 2017 5:21 PM
aidoru material

sutori said:
why don't u start off by using some easy recipes found on google? like one-pot pasta, or stir fry, or baked dishes. it's pretty easy if you just follow the recipe to the T and buy the ingredients. invest in staples like herbs, cooking sauces, seasonings, etc. stuff like soy sauce, dried herbs, etc last a looong ass time. same w/ garlic. buy one big pack of meat and freeze it, that can also last for 6 months-a year.

i'm pretty good at cooking so i can cook pretty much whatever i wanna eat, and i've been on my own for a couple of years now. but i'm lazy with a terrible lifestyle so i pretty much only make a sandwich when i wake up, then either eat out/cook one meal that counts as lunch-dinner.

yeah sandwich I forgot about it
the only problem is I'm lazy to go out and shop them so I guess I have to go out more often
how do you learn to cook to be honest?

Sep 4, 2017 12:47 PM

Wasa crisp bread is the answer. Cheap, fast and healthy. Don't know how common it is outside of nordic countries, but I found it in SE Asia so guessing most of them.

Eggs: boiled, scrambled or omelette. Works for most dishes. Cheap and good for protein.

Upgrade the ramen with a stir-fry. Fry some veggies, add sauce, boil noodles, fry noodles with veggies = donezo

What I mostly eat when I'm too poor and lazy to eat out.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"

Sep 4, 2017 1:05 PM
no u

pls

you can never go wrong with some grilled cheese my ni🅱️🅱️a

Sep 7, 2017 10:11 PM

xoO_Jerry_Oox said:
sutori said:
why don't u start off by using some easy recipes found on google? like one-pot pasta, or stir fry, or baked dishes. it's pretty easy if you just follow the recipe to the T and buy the ingredients. invest in staples like herbs, cooking sauces, seasonings, etc. stuff like soy sauce, dried herbs, etc last a looong ass time. same w/ garlic. buy one big pack of meat and freeze it, that can also last for 6 months-a year.

i'm pretty good at cooking so i can cook pretty much whatever i wanna eat, and i've been on my own for a couple of years now. but i'm lazy with a terrible lifestyle so i pretty much only make a sandwich when i wake up, then either eat out/cook one meal that counts as lunch-dinner.

yeah sandwich I forgot about it
the only problem is I'm lazy to go out and shop them so I guess I have to go out more often
how do you learn to cook to be honest?

o man i'm gonna necro bc i forgot to reply

you just learn bit by bit. i've always been sort of independent and cooked for myself in high school too, so it was just a skill to be refined over the years.

start small. ask your parents for simple recipes and make it once a week until you've memorized it. google simple recipes too, and keep practicing. what makes a dish taste good is the seasoning & learning how to control the heat, which you'll learn to adjust and add over the years.

save money by buying whatever is on sale at the grocery store. say, you got 3 meals worth of chicken for 10$. google different 'simple chicken recipes', and plan accordingly to that. or if you see some broccoli or other green veggies, just stir-fry it w/ any protein. just add some oil, fry the garlic first, then add the meat, then veggies and soy sauce, salt, and a little sugar. add a little water to avoid burning. cook over mid-heat. that's a simple recipe right there.

pro tip: never stir-fry with olive oil. that's some white soccer mom on a diet shit, and it ruins the taste. they say it's healthier than vegetable oil, but the fact is that vegetable oil has a higher smoking point, which means it's much more versatile to cook with while olive oil burns.
Modified by sutori, Sep 7, 2017 10:15 PM

Sep 7, 2017 10:28 PM

I try to cook a week's worth of dinner/lunch on the weekends and store it in the fridge for the following week. If there's nothing to eat then eggs, bread, Subway and Panda Express do the job for me. Instant noodles are my last resort cause that shits unhealthy

Pages (2) « 1 [2]