Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 11, 2015 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
Pride didn't lost his time, already found Ed! Lan Fan was so cool!
Dec 17, 2015 11:05 AM
Nov 2014
Wow, last few seconds of this episode was amazing. Lan Fan is the MVP.
Jan 6, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting episode, the true intentions of Grumman are afloat, is it true? Narrative manages to entertain well, although the best thing is the plot twist at the end. And without that red jacket, it seems much more man. Excellent drawings and animations.
Sep 16, 2016 6:44 PM

Mar 2016
I´m just waiting until see Hoehnheim fighting !!!
It seems we´re so close to the end but there´s still like 15 episodes !
This is so good i´m so hyped to the End !

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Feb 5, 2017 2:00 PM

Jan 2016
Greed and Ling are the best duo
And so happy to see Lan Fan back, she already made such a badass entrance
Feb 15, 2017 10:18 PM
Jan 2010
I understand how she can sense Gluttony, but unless she has automail eyes that can see in the dark, how exactly is she dodging trees, rocks, roots, etc.? Even if you have trained nightvision, you would still need at least a little bit of light to work with. Which might be possible, except it went out of its way to say that it was so pitch black, Pride couldn't use his ability at all. Assuming you overcame all those hurdles, it still doesn't mean you could move around that quickly. At best, it means you could walk around without banging into things.

Just another thing that will never be explained satisfactorily I guess. Similar to how all the main characters physical capabilities are so exaggerated, and yet it doesn't even warrant a mention.
-Tyrael-Feb 15, 2017 10:56 PM
Feb 28, 2017 7:45 AM
Jan 2012
-Tyrael- said:
I understand how she can sense Gluttony, but unless she has automail eyes that can see in the dark, how exactly is she dodging trees, rocks, roots, etc.? Even if you have trained nightvision, you would still need at least a little bit of light to work with. Which might be possible, except it went out of its way to say that it was so pitch black, Pride couldn't use his ability at all. Assuming you overcame all those hurdles, it still doesn't mean you could move around that quickly. At best, it means you could walk around without banging into things.

Just another thing that will never be explained satisfactorily I guess. Similar to how all the main characters physical capabilities are so exaggerated, and yet it doesn't even warrant a mention.
It is an anime, you can't (well, you can, but shouldn't) expect explanations for everything.
Jun 25, 2017 8:06 AM

Jan 2013
Yay, Lan Fan is back.
Also those red sparks coming from Gluttony, surely that's a bunch of light for Pride to materialize ...
Mar 15, 2018 10:08 AM

Dec 2009
So Wrath and Gluttony are first. 6 sins to kill will be a tough order.

Ed needs a win so I hope he can pull something out.
Jan 19, 2019 9:02 PM

Jun 2015
hell yeah, i knew my girl lan fan would be back eventually
Feb 16, 2019 7:52 PM

Oct 2013
Hohenheim is indeed strange, like... he doesn't seem like a person from the episode in which he took that family's photo. His attitude changed and he began to be more friendly, outgoing. We can see it not only in his reliations with strangers, but i.e. with Ed who met him. He is also more emotional (crying after hearing Trisha's last words). Or maybe he was like that all the time, but had to wear a mask to protect his children?

Anyway, Lan Fan returned stronger and more determined! Good to see her back. She will be helpful, as for everyone need to face Pride and Gluttony.
Apr 6, 2019 3:26 AM

May 2016
Hohenheim got Edward's metal fist straight to the face as a rather rowdy way of saying hi to his deadbeat dad after all those years. I guess that frowning all the time and leaving them for years even after Trisha's death would warrant something worse so he's pretty lucky.

Their fight with Pride and Gluttony showed that Lin and Greed really is a dynamic duo. Lan Fan is back and even gave a hand!

Sep 15, 2019 12:49 PM
Aug 2019
Ed finally reunites with his father, but he's attacked by Pride and Gluttony
Nov 8, 2019 12:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lan Fan is so powerful, they really need to save Alphonse now
Apr 2, 2020 3:58 PM

Feb 2020
i feel like i am warming towards hohenheim a little when i see his fatherly side show but i still don't understand him and what his purpose is

the al/ed reunion scene was ruined by pride!! (who is such a terrifying villain in both appearance and ability wow i hate him) also still hate gluttony! :)

but i liked the fight scene with pride and gluttony vs the Crew and WOW WHAT AN ENTRANCE LAN FAN YOU ROCK
Apr 5, 2020 3:10 PM

Nov 2017
Alrighty, let's go Lan Fan!
Apr 10, 2020 11:02 AM

Feb 2013
nunca senti tanta raiva de uma criança como eu sinto do selim
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2020 8:46 PM

Feb 2010
some good father-son moments lmao
Nov 13, 2020 3:55 AM

Jul 2017
Lan Fan's entrance at the end of the episode was so badass. Been a while since we've seen her in action but she's back with some kickass automail to suit her combat style too.
Feb 24, 2021 10:30 PM

Jul 2020
Knowing the last words of Trisha was so emotional T_T

my girl Lan Fan returns <3
Dec 9, 2021 10:09 AM
Nov 2020
Pride being a kid ads to its creepy factor. I love that character
Mar 11, 2022 10:25 AM

Feb 2021
How did Ed even know where his dad was? and where was he when Al was abducted? we heard for the 10th time already the chimera hybrids don't know why they're working with Ed and why they don't have much purpose in addition to the overpopulated cast of characters. There's no explanation how Ling is able to literally return to consciousness within Greed (wouldn't King Bradley be able to?) and Lan Fan shows up out of nowhere and is apparently strong enough to fight a homunculus 1-1 now
Jun 6, 2022 6:32 AM
Apr 2022
Oh really lan fan did it 😃
Dec 14, 2022 8:41 AM
May 2020
esse finalzinho ta mto bom serio
Mar 14, 2023 5:50 PM

Oct 2021
Action-packed! Intense! Feels like I was only watching for 5 minutes! And Lan-Fan is back! How cool is that?

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jun 10, 2023 6:25 PM
Sep 2021
Greed & Ling working together lessgoo!
Jul 20, 2023 6:06 PM

May 2023
I can't get enough of Greed he is my favorite character! Also, YAY Lan Fan is back!!!!
Sep 8, 2023 12:51 AM

Oct 2020
Lan Fan rushing in with that music and her automail was amazing. I almost thought it was Hoenheim or someone swooping in

Also Gluttony said he "remembers that scent" when referring to Lan Fan but I thought Father reset him which causes Homunculi lose their memories
Dec 16, 2023 9:52 PM
Dec 2023
one piece was better...............
Mar 21, 1:44 PM
Jan 2024
Well it's been a while since I wrote a review. Episodes were good and the story was solid but there were parts those felt forced. For example in this episode how does Pride can Impersonate Al's voice? Or in another where Kimblee brought those Drukman( sorry for my possible misspelling) to attack Briggs the way the leader of them trusted Kimblee was so ridiculous. There were some minor problems I have with the character themselves for example Olivier hates Alex because he is a state alchemist and that he is a military dog while she is serving the army too. I know the ranks are different but still it does not change the fact that she is serving this army too,the army which started wars with other nations and humans are getting killed from both sides. The other minor problems are in directing episodes and how every single character gets suddenly inspired by some motivational sentence that someone says. Overall these episodes were fine.
Mar 21, 1:46 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to NameIsFalco
Well it's been a while since I wrote a review. Episodes were good and the story was solid but there were parts those felt forced. For example in this episode how does Pride can Impersonate Al's voice? Or in another where Kimblee brought those Drukman( sorry for my possible misspelling) to attack Briggs the way the leader of them trusted Kimblee was so ridiculous. There were some minor problems I have with the character themselves for example Olivier hates Alex because he is a state alchemist and that he is a military dog while she is serving the army too. I know the ranks are different but still it does not change the fact that she is serving this army too,the army which started wars with other nations and humans are getting killed from both sides. The other minor problems are in directing episodes and how every single character gets suddenly inspired by some motivational sentence that someone says. Overall these episodes were fine.
@NameIsFalco and by the way is Hohenheim planning to die after the promised day? Cause he said that he is going to meet Trisha after the Day,
Mar 21, 1:50 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Crack
How did Ed even know where his dad was? and where was he when Al was abducted? we heard for the 10th time already the chimera hybrids don't know why they're working with Ed and why they don't have much purpose in addition to the overpopulated cast of characters. There's no explanation how Ling is able to literally return to consciousness within Greed (wouldn't King Bradley be able to?) and Lan Fan shows up out of nowhere and is apparently strong enough to fight a homunculus 1-1 now
@Crack well Winry said where Van was. The chimeras are with Ed only because he saved them in Briggs. Lan fan probably was following pride and gluttony but honestly I don't care.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.