Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2017 7:58 AM
Jun 2012
I have to say, I like the generally setting and premise of this anime. In my opinion it's a poor man's KonaSuba, which is fine. However, the thing about this anime that bothers me the most is the MC's personality. He's selfless/kind to a fault and it is disgusting. I hate it so much. The dude has no backbone whatsoever and lets all the girls have their way.

He has all these powers but he doesn't use them to indulge himself a bit. I'm not saying he has to go mad with power but enjoy yourself a little man. He does show some level of perversion at times but even that is so innocent, like he's ashamed of himself.

The straw the broke the camel's back for me was episode 8. When he goes into the bathroom and catches them all changing, he gets scolded. Now this is a pretty typical anime scene we've seen 1000 times before. However, this dude let these girls scold him in HIS house that he's letting them live in for FREE.

Like COME ON man, that is such a boring personality type. If he was a bit more combative with the other girls it'd at least create some entertaining dialogue/interaction. For example, like I brought up earlier, KonaSuba. In that anime Kazama argues with the other girls all the time which leads to hilarious interactions and fun dynamics between the characters.

If this MC wasn't such a bitch boy then this anime could at least be a serviceable comedy but I've reached my limit with this anime. I gave it 8 episodes, more than enough of a chance.
Aug 29, 2017 8:10 AM

Sep 2009
you don't like him because he is a nice guy? yeah that makes sense.
Aug 29, 2017 8:31 AM

Jul 2014
More like his lack of one.

Jokes aside, most harem MCs are basically just cucks anyway. So this is nothing new. From my point of view, it's more that he doesn't have a very defined character. He basically just becomes whatever the "plot" needs him to be at the moment. And if the "plot" needs him to be an overly-nice guy, then he will.
FlameTaJaDoruAug 29, 2017 8:54 AM
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Aug 29, 2017 11:36 AM

Nov 2014
One good thing I can say about him is that he at least shows some interest in their bodies.
Aug 29, 2017 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
I think when it comes to the MC he's nothing really special at all, he's just the average character to be fair. But hey, I can somewhat pass it off with him because he hasn't really grind my gears after a while.
Aug 29, 2017 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
basically fake personality. i would be wary if i meet someone with this kind of personality irl.
Aug 31, 2017 12:23 PM

Mar 2010
>MC's Personality

You're describing something that doesn't exist for this guy. He's neither nice, scummy or anything in-between. He's more like a vehicle or robot who only purpose to do whatever the plot requires of him. A rock is more interesting and defining then this dreck.
Sep 2, 2017 2:30 PM

Feb 2014
IMO he only did what the script demanded within the alotted duration. Any further interaction will take too much screentime just like Konosuba that barely moves its plot during a season (for example, if the script states he must go to eashen next ep. we must spread the screentime for each plot accordingly). Unless this show has hundreds of episodes like naruto (which will never happen) some compromises must be made.
ProtozSep 2, 2017 2:36 PM
Sep 2, 2017 2:38 PM

Apr 2016
This is harem, which means that MC don't have any personality.
Sep 3, 2017 12:58 AM

Aug 2014
Its not konosuba and theres romance genre with harem thus No Balls personality came out.

This isnt parody.
This is far from konosuba so i cant really compare it with konosuba.

His personality is indeed generic and bland
May 31, 2020 8:09 PM

Mar 2018
well, you talk about something that doesn't exist. his character just follow the plot, if the plot require him to be nice, then he is. that's it, he has zero charactet development

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Aug 29, 2020 1:41 PM
Nov 2014
My biggest beef with Touya is that, he can somehow totally read the situation between that knight from (his?) kingdom and the fox/animal girl from the beast kingdom and is able to play "Mr. Matchmaker..... Yet is completely OBLIVIOUS when it comes to the horde of girls literally throwing themselves at him for the entirety of 12 episodes
Jan 31, 2022 8:07 AM
Jan 2022
SPOILERS???? Volume 22

I know I'm late to the party. I'm on page 136 of volume 22 and now I'm hoping/ rooting for bad things to happen to SIMPTouya. You can still Dote on the children and wives while holding on to your dignity. Kid Take a Pic of you and you say no. I mean that should be it right? So many more examples in so little time. The character I've followed for a bit now has slowly left us...
Mar 9, 2022 10:25 AM

May 2010
That's how it should be though. I loved it. Would definitely act like that too. For about 95% of the anime he also doesn't fall for the Idiot Plot trope. As for being oblivious about himself but noticing the knight and foxgirl, that is very common. Even to this day people act like that, that is why having a third party's perspective is valuable. We have a saying where I am from that roughly translates to "A camel only looks at the humps of other camels".

More topics from this board

» A question for the Light Novel readers regarding his identity

Cyanide86 - Mar 10

2 by Cyanide86 »»
Mar 10, 8:57 AM

» 10/10 from me.. who else? ( 1 2 )

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 26, 2023

65 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Mar 8, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

238 by DayMan_Official »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:58 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2017

163 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2017

262 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.