Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 27, 2017 7:15 PM

Jan 2017
Like many I was pretty shocked to see the rank go down several places and the score getting lower. However there are a few factors that have to be taken in to account with these scores:

The score is based on an average rating given by the total amount of people who have rated it. An anime with 10k ratings of 10 will do better than 400k ratings of 9. That doesn't mean Your name has gotten less 10's in score it just means that the average works in favour of the less users.

Second seasons of anime tv will almost always rate higher due to less people giving ratings and more loyal fans

Your name still ranks #1 of the best anime in the film category and as a film it still technically ranks as the best anime out right now.

Hype, Your Name is through a phase where the hype it has gotten over the last year hasn't matched people's expectations as it's coming out in DVD and more people are seeing it. This happens with pretty much anything that has gotten as much praise as Your Name has.

Alot of the anime on Animelist that where also in this position of high ranking and have lost there scores over time, because other things have come out that more people are rating and more people are liking. Ghost in the shell is said to be one of the best animes in history yet it barely makes top 50

Guys...a lot of people love this anime, me included. Who the hell cares if it's not number 1 on the list? We all felt something for this anime and that feeling is never going anyway, you don't need a score for it to remain top place in your heart (sorry for the cliche there)
Aug 28, 2017 1:17 AM

May 2013
I am sad but not that sad since most of my favorite animu are rated low on MAl anyways.

Can't wait for trolls to use this to stir shit up though.
Aug 28, 2017 1:54 AM

Nov 2014
Kingsman117 said:
Who the hell cares if it's not number 1 on the list?

Probably you, considering you felt need to make this topic?
Aug 28, 2017 5:30 AM

Jan 2017
Terkhev said:
Kingsman117 said:
Who the hell cares if it's not number 1 on the list?

Probably you, considering you felt need to make this topic?

no i just thought it was funny i started seeing forum discussions and news comments saying "holy shit your name is not number 1!" like it was the end
Aug 28, 2017 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
Again, what's the point to this thread?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2017 4:07 AM
Nov 2013
I would prefer this film not even be rated in the top 100.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Na wa. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

checkdafool - Jul 3, 2016

1387 by Hphone »»
Yesterday, 4:51 AM

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.