Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 27, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm starting to like that snake girl more now. We also got some archery competition between Hime and that Ayaka girl.

We got some more fan service this episode with the swimsuits. I wonder if BDs will be uncensored. Rather, this episode gave more insight on how the characters in this show celebrate special events. Mermaids really seem to be a special type of characters in this series.

That singing~
Stark700Aug 27, 2017 7:45 AM
Aug 27, 2017 7:20 AM

Apr 2010
Lot's of fan service this episode in the mermaid village.
There ceremony was interesting but interrupted by that robot it was still nice to see tho, the dolphins liked it as well.

Hime's kouhai was also funny and she got her date.
Aug 27, 2017 7:59 AM

Sep 2015
I'll just leave this here
Aug 27, 2017 8:06 AM

Jan 2012
Hime's bountiful bouncing tits during archery? Glorious! Also loved the return of the yuriliciousness! XD

But boo light beam censorship! >:(
animefan8800Aug 27, 2017 8:18 AM
Aug 27, 2017 8:24 AM

Jan 2015
Sweet story about Hime and her Tsundere kouhai. But I guess we'll be forgetting about it later, thanks to Mermaid's daily life. LOL
Well at least there's still Sue-chan, I'm so happy. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 27, 2017 9:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I don't think, this is realistic moonlight...

So centaurs are mostly pursuing archery cause it makes them look wealthy and gives them a higher chance to reproduce.

That robot thing caught me offguard. Damn Antarcticans! I like how the old guy spilled the beans about the god afterwards lol
Aug 27, 2017 9:53 AM

Nov 2009
Lol @ the god is claimed to be good for academics, and then the camera cuts to the god losing to a 3-year-old girl in a game of smarts.

Smudy said:
So centaurs are mostly pursuing archery cause it makes them look wealthy and gives them a higher chance to reproduce.

It used to be like disco, it seems. Except with more shooting, which is nice.

Smudy said:
That robot thing caught me offguard. Damn Antarcticans! I like how the old guy spilled the beans about the god afterwards lol

I did not notice it back when I was reading the manga, but the people on the submarine are different race from Sassassul. They don't have eyes on the top of their head, their soldiers have swimming tails and can actually talk...
(Antarctian soldiers are 4-armed and walk on tails just like the one who climbed out of the "god")
Aug 27, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
incredible! light-beam censors!
i still find it funny that the girly-looking mer-boy had such a deep voice tho,
i mean, that the mer-boys prefer girls who are shy about their tits, much in difference to most of the girls of their own species -w-

not a big fan of the singing, somehow it usually feels so simplistic in anime, or at least the ones i've watched ._.'

but yayy- Sue-chan and Waki.... Zashiki Warashi (not wakisachi, lol), it's nice that she's got a friend at their shrine .w.

-suspicious antarcticans, i wonder if they'll finish this anime with an actual continuous plot -w-....

flannan said:
Lol @ the god is claimed to be good for academics, and then the camera cuts to the god losing to a 3-year-old girl in a game of smarts.

-i don't think the shrine-god and the Zashiki Warashi is the same thing?
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 27, 2017 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
Hime makes a bet with her friend in the competition to cheer her up and they go on a date :)
Mermaids are nudists ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist, no one know bacteria existed either.
Aug 27, 2017 10:40 AM

Nov 2009
Konani said:
flannan said:

-i don't think the shrine-god and the Zashiki Warashi is the same thing?

I think that kid is actually the shrine's god, not a Zashiki Warashi. And that he was the one who played with the kids that time they could not count them all properly. But it's always hard to make sense of supernatural.

ichii_1 said:
Mermaids are nudists ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not nudists. They do wear swimwear, just not on the top. So it's just a case of different view of nudity.
flannanAug 27, 2017 10:43 AM
Aug 27, 2017 10:45 AM
Dec 2016
Just curious, why there are military guarding the mermaids religious festival at the beach.
Aug 27, 2017 12:07 PM

Mar 2013
hime is an archer that was unexpected yet expected and apparently archery is a good way for centaurs to find a husband/wife. it's a shame we didn't get to see how the date went that was the only let down for me. wasn't expecting more fan service this episode. curse you convenient god rays for blocking such magnificent beauties and ruining things with your brightness and tempting me into buying the BD's just so I can enjoy this without you. well jokes on you god rays and fanservice I was already considering getting this!

those two mermen are stupid being so unappreciative of all the tits they see on a daily basis and instead want to see clothed girls instead but then again from what I've noticed they seem to be into flat or small breasted girls or possibly girls that aren't mermaids or hybrids. I can understand it to a certain degree but seriously how can you not enjoy the big tits right in front of you?

And yet another one of my questions was answered about mermaids and yes they can produce hybrids as eri-chan is proof of that. we also got to see new breeds mainly the snake people and that one weird snake with four arms that looks like he's also part mermaid or part tadpole maybe even eel.

that ghost at the end she's a super hybrid but just who is she and why is sue-chan the only one who can see her?
Aug 27, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
So Hime is in archery. She's pretty good. Ayaka likes her. She got to go on a date with Hime. The guys in the mermaid village are lucky. They get to see boobs everyday. The ceremony was nice, but it was interrupted by a giant robot that belongs to the Antarcticans.
Aug 27, 2017 3:04 PM

Jan 2008
Wow that censorshp... was unexpected for a show like this and rather disappointed.

And that yuri centaur pairing. I wonder how that works...
Aug 27, 2017 3:32 PM
Nov 2010
And they just showed how gods are real in their world

man Sue is always so freaking adorable.
Aug 27, 2017 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
Boy that pandering game was strong this episode. Nothing really spectacular save for the final scene. 4 more to go, might as well stick with it till the end.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 27, 2017 7:15 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting culture differences. Bit strange to have a fake sea monster.
Aug 28, 2017 12:00 AM

May 2015
Hahaha! Centaurs actually doing "horseback archery!" That was actually pretty good, and it's the perfect sport for Japanese Centaurs! Also, you really gotta love all the different hairstyles that you see with Hime. And aww, Maki-chan looks so cute. Hmm...I wonder what Hime's parents were trying to say to the girls...

So mermaids only wear tops when another species visits them. Otherwise they're topless all the time. And the best part is that to the mermen, this is normal to them. So this isn't necessarily fan service as mermaids being topless is their way of life. What's even better is that the mermen prefer breasts being covered. I see they are men of culture...

The idol Mermaid (who is also a hybrid because she has horns), was shy of exposing her chest due to her experience on land. I see, I see.

Favorite part of the episode for me was the question that the girls were asking to Mitama. They're asking an Angel if there is a God. And then money wins in the end. LMAO! We actually got some racist jokes in an anime!
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:55 AM
Aug 28, 2017 12:49 AM

May 2017
Hime's tsundere kouhai is gay

Merman see tits everyday and they wear a girly looking bikini lol that bothered me tbh

Sue's friend > Sue

That ghost is cuter than Sue
Aug 28, 2017 3:16 AM

Feb 2013
Dagon & reptiloids! Ia! Ia! Ia! C'mon, we need tentacles-girls and Kuthulhu! Punish these traitors!
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Aug 28, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
The story is getting a bit confusing now. Not quite sure where they're trying to go with this.
And Suu-chan is the cutie that was promised XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 28, 2017 3:46 AM

Jun 2016
That white-haired centaur is so gay for Hime-chan. Haha. Lovely.

Apparently, all the mermaids don't have to wear anything and it's normal for them to not wear any tops, and flash their boobs. Hehe. That sounds wrong. The guys prefer the covered oppai than the not covered ones, and the mermen (?) also prefer smaller oppai. Hahahaha! Of course, they had to censor the oppai. Haha. I wonder if the DVD/BD will make it uncensored.

A lot of things happened this episode, but they're not all connected. It's like we watched 3 parts of different story in this episode. It was a decent episode; still liked it.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 28, 2017 4:25 AM

Apr 2009
xSkipi said:
I'll just leave this here

-hayyyy!
Logic :D!

don't see that nearly enough in-....... anything ^_^-!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 28, 2017 4:32 AM

Sep 2009
I was sure that idol-mermaid was voiced by Yukari Tamura but I'm unable to find her name in credits. Could anyone clarify who actually voiced her?
Aug 28, 2017 5:00 AM

Oct 2008
oh damn light rays! mabushii its blinding me! they should omit that!
3/5.

Aug 28, 2017 7:05 AM

Feb 2016
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I was sure that idol-mermaid was voiced by Yukari Tamura but I'm unable to find her name in credits. Could anyone clarify who actually voiced her?

You seem to be correct. According to the original (japanese) end credits, Yukari Tamura is voicing the character Eri.
Aug 28, 2017 11:03 AM

Aug 2012
To see boobs all day is a plus for being half human, half fish.
Aug 28, 2017 2:56 PM

Sep 2009
Ersmark said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

You seem to be correct. According to the original (japanese) end credits, Yukari Tamura is voicing the character Eri.

Looks like I missed it while checking the credits.
Aug 28, 2017 5:09 PM

Nov 2011
Suu is really awesome. I love her as a character.

For the episode...it was really weird. You introduce a character for one half of the episode, then you switch to Mermaids and Mermen (Which I didn't mind the Mermaids...for obvious reasons) and one in particular with Horns (Mixed species?!?!) singing to a God. Then a monster Piranha comes out which seems to be in connection with the Antarticans.

Where the fuck is this anime going?!?! lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 28, 2017 10:58 PM

Nov 2009
FallenEntity said:
hime is an archer that was unexpected yet expected and apparently archery is a good way for centaurs to find a husband/wife. it's a shame we didn't get to see how the date went that was the only let down for me.

We didn't get to see the date in the manga either.

Oewzvpx said:
Just curious, why there are military guarding the mermaids religious festival at the beach.

There is no visible reason, but their world seems to have quite a lot of military types guarding things. Remember the centaur soldiers on the way to mermaid school?
My guess is "security theater". Maybe there is some tension towards the mermaids, and the guards are there to make sure nobody gets any ideas.

FallenEntity said:
wasn't expecting more fan service this episode.

This anime goes out of its way to have fanservice each episode.

FallenEntity said:
we also got to see new breeds mainly the snake people and that one weird snake with four arms that looks like he's also part mermaid or part tadpole maybe even eel.

The one with four arms is probably a "soldier" subtype - it's weird how they can be sisters to the "intelligent" subtype, but apparently they are. Still, being a good swimmer is unusual - I think they're a different family than the Quetzalcoatl family which Sassassul belongs to.

FallenEntity said:
that ghost at the end she's a super hybrid but just who is she and why is sue-chan the only one who can see her?

It's some kind of supernatural entity. Having features of excessive amount of races is stereotypical for the setting's gods (that was explained in one omake before mitama shrine's god first appeared).
I guess Sue-chan can see her either because she's a little kid, or because she's sickly. Or maybe Sue just has the Sight, because she is a descendant of a shrine.

Paul said:
Wow that censorshp... was unexpected for a show like this and rather disappointed.

Well, the centaur bathing scene was censored too.

Tarotist said:
Hahaha! Centaurs actually doing "horseback archery!" That was actually pretty good, and it's the perfect sport for Japanese Centaurs!

My manga translation named it "running archery", because there is nobody on horseback.

TheDoggoneGirl said:
A lot of things happened this episode, but they're not all connected. It's like we watched 3 parts of different story in this episode. It was a decent episode; still liked it.

The manga is all like this - anime actually connected a few things that were widely separated in the manga.
For example, Himeno's rival doesn't appear for many volumes until it's time for her to graduate to MCs' school.
Aug 29, 2017 7:43 AM

Jan 2008
flannan said:
Paul said:

Didn't actually know til the other day. Only checked out the manga after this episode, or at least skimmed through to see uncensored nudity every now and then.
Aug 29, 2017 11:13 AM
Mar 2012
God rays... last part quite trippy, theme of fishgod (robot) and shrine gods (imaginary friend/zashikiwarashi?). Tama's shrine seems full of spirits.
The cultural parts quite interesting too on archery origin (& looks very cool for centaurs) and mermaid dresscode.
More openness on yuri quite unusual still.
Aug 29, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
Of course... just what we needed... and overly competitive rival character... who utilized the power of GAY to beat Hime in a competition and win a date with her as well, and boy did she seem excited about that. But oh boy that second half. Those God Rays were strong, not the strongest I've seen but pretty close. Reminds me of Big Order, God Rays so massive you couldn't even see the characters, kind of defeats the purpose of making them remove their clothes.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 30, 2017 11:26 PM

Nov 2016
Paul said:
flannan said:

Didn't actually know til the other day. Only checked out the manga after this episode, or at least skimmed through to see uncensored nudity every now and then.

Censorship in Japan is a lot harsher with anime than with manga for the obvious reason that anime airs on television, a more easily accessible medium, so most manga tend to be more explicit than their anime counter part (case in point, check out the Spice and Wolf manga). If the censorship is really that disappointing to you, you can always read the manga or wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release to catch the uncensored version.
Aug 30, 2017 11:35 PM

Nov 2016
Also, just gonna throw this out, I disliked Maki's appearance in the anime. Unlike in the manga, Maki wasn't show with Shino previous to this scene and barely had any presence in the one scene she actually appeared in. I would have preferred they leave her out entirely than give her no personality and have only a solitary appearance. It's clearly all just because she appears in the manga, so of course she HAS to appear in the anime.
Aug 31, 2017 12:14 AM

Mar 2009
I didn't really understand the 2nd half. I must have missed the point or something. Gods exist in the world, I guess?

And what's up with Sue-chan? She must be special. She's always seeing gods or spirits that no one else can see.
Aug 31, 2017 8:32 AM

Jan 2008
Jacob_Chimera said:
Paul said:

Censorship in Japan is a lot harsher with anime than with manga for the obvious reason that anime airs on television, a more easily accessible medium, so most manga tend to be more explicit than their anime counter part (case in point, check out the Spice and Wolf manga). If the censorship is really that disappointing to you, you can always read the manga or wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release to catch the uncensored version.

I'm completely aware of how censorship works. I think how long I've watched anime should make that kind of obvious.

I simply did not expect this series to have any since I have no care to read the manga til now, which even then, all I did was skim through a few chapters.
Aug 31, 2017 10:34 AM

Jul 2009
I like Ayaka already! And I totally ship she with Hime!
So, the mermaids walk around naked? Why?! It's odd...
Aug 31, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
I'm completely aware of how censorship works. I think how long I've watched anime should make that kind of obvious.

I simply did not expect this series to have any since I have no care to read the manga til now, which even then, all I did was skim through a few chapters.

Sorry, didn't mean any offense. I just wanted to talk about it because I find it interesting how censorship works with transitioning from one medium to the next and how teams/individuals work around it. The "light beam" technique is definitely among the least creative means.

I still highly recommend the manga, even if you've seen the anime. It goes a bit more in depth in detail about the world and introduces more characters. Not that I'm complaining, obviously the anime has a set number of episodes and a set run time, so they can't do everything that appears in the manga.
Sep 2, 2017 5:50 AM
Aug 2017
I think I found the cause of these strange sun rays.
Sep 2, 2017 11:01 AM

Nov 2009
Jacob_Chimera said:
Also, just gonna throw this out, I disliked Maki's appearance in the anime. Unlike in the manga, Maki wasn't show with Shino previous to this scene and barely had any presence in the one scene she actually appeared in. I would have preferred they leave her out entirely than give her no personality and have only a solitary appearance. It's clearly all just because she appears in the manga, so of course she HAS to appear in the anime.

Personally, I like it that the anime has background details like that, that remain unresolved. Makes it feel like the manga.

Mormegil said:
I didn't really understand the 2nd half. I must have missed the point or something. Gods exist in the world, I guess?

Yes, provided the parts of the story featuring the Mitama Shrine's spirit are true.
On the other hand, no supernatural creatures were involved in the mermaid ceremony. But that story is not necessarily true either.
Note that at least some parts of Centaur's Worries manga are visibly fiction. For example, the part of the opening with bikini armor is from one such fictional sequence (and I'm looking forward to seeing it all in anime).
But many parts might be fiction or might be real. Napoleonic wars sequence (where Napoleon liberated centaurs, and they kicked ass all around Europe until everybody else had to do the same) doesn't match with recent liberation of centaurs that the laws imply (the laws make more sense if there were major changes on the equality front in the 20th century).

Mormegil said:
And what's up with Sue-chan? She must be special. She's always seeing gods or spirits that no one else can see.

Sue is, indeed, special. Mostly she is just a sick young girl who suffers from health problems, likely related to her parents being of two different races. But there are numerous sequences in the manga that show her interacting with Mitama shrine's spirit.
Sep 2, 2017 4:52 PM

Nov 2009
stupid sun rays...

The Mermaids are nudists by nature, so we should be able to see them in their natural culture and not censer them because we don't understand them.

___ ___ ___

As for military, it's the same deal as Snake people, out side cultures that doesn't co-exist well with normal "Land people".

Snake People lives in the cold and doesn't interact much with other races.

Mermaid People lives in the sea, completely on a different living condition and environment than the land people.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 2, 2017 6:03 PM

Mar 2009
flannan said:

Mormegil said:

Yes, provided the parts of the story featuring the Mitama Shrine's spirit are true.
On the other hand, no supernatural creatures were involved in the mermaid ceremony. But that story is not necessarily true either.
Note that at least some parts of Centaur's Worries manga are visibly fiction. For example, the part of the opening with bikini armor is from one such fictional sequence (and I'm looking forward to seeing it all in anime).
But many parts might be fiction or might be real. Napoleonic wars sequence (where Napoleon liberated centaurs, and they kicked ass all around Europe until everybody else had to do the same) doesn't match with recent liberation of centaurs that the laws imply (the laws make more sense if there were major changes on the equality front in the 20th century).

Mormegil said:

Sue is, indeed, special. Mostly she is just a sick young girl who suffers from health problems, likely related to her parents being of two different races. But there are numerous sequences in the manga that show her interacting with Mitama shrine's spirit.

I like Sue a lot. She's precious.
Sep 2, 2017 9:37 PM

Nov 2009
amlg said:
Mermaid People lives in the sea, completely on a different living condition and environment than the land people.

At some point they indicate that merfolk are amphibious, not fully aquatic. The fully-aquatic subtype of humans died out long ago.
Sep 3, 2017 4:15 PM

Jun 2013
Very very good episode!
Sep 3, 2017 11:46 PM

Jan 2015
I liked when Kyouko and others were tailing Hime on the date but Hime noticed them :P but they still kept tailing her.
Ah little Sue-chan playing with her imaginary friend *closes the door* Lol'd there.
Those beam lights were really annoying, especially because they were so bright, but whatever not a big deal.
What was that monster? wow, snake people sent him? wow.
When you dont know whats going on RUN, sounds like a good strategy to me.
Sep 30, 2017 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
It is interesting that the secondary cast is amplified, at least so there will be more opportunities to talk about in the future. When narration deepens topics related to the knowledge of society surrounding the protagonists, apart from the slice of life, episodes become more interesting. But it is unfortunate that the quality of the drawings is collapsed so much.

animefan8800 said:

But boo light beam censorship! >:(

What you want to do, you have to find an excuse to sell the BDs. XD

So there are also mermaids with horns, wow!
Oct 1, 2017 8:01 PM

Feb 2014
I wish episodes like this didn't exist for the HDTV version..

I just get annoyed watching episodes focused on ecchi but full of censorship.
Oct 12, 2017 9:34 PM

Nov 2013
Nice reference to Dagon.

Ayaka is quite a handful, but cute. It's nice how Himeno's bet made Ayaka win the competition. And she got her date. Also stalking the date with Suu was not the brightest idea.

And, damn, these mermaids!
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 18, 2017 1:11 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that censorship! Pretty nice episode though, let's see what's next.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

87 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

94 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

126 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2017

91 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.