Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 27, 2017 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Elenora's father really does care about her daughter. Too bad she also got captured.

Pretty cruel episode. The antagonists in thi show seems to have no mercy for their enemies and tbh, I think it's pretty stereotypical for their personalities. Eru seems to really enjoy fighting this episode in his upgraded mech.

Action this episode imo is better than some of the other episodes.
Stark700Aug 27, 2017 8:26 AM
Aug 27, 2017 6:27 AM

Apr 2010
So an enemy army finally appears and the story turned into the classical "saving the lady in distress" setting.
Which isn't all that interesting tho i seems other things are going on as well people working behind the scenes which is interesting to see.
For now i will just wait to see how this will turn out.
Stark700 said:
Elenora's father really does care about her father.
Her father cares about her father?
Aug 27, 2017 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
Aversa said:
Stark700 said:
Elenora's father really does care about her father.
Her father cares about her father?

Typo....

I meant, daughter.
Aug 27, 2017 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
So the enemy this time is an empire, Zaloudek and those who stole Helvi's Knight was from Zaloudek.

Ernesti enjoyed fighting the enemy and his Knight, Ikaruga, was strong. Though we probably didn't see its full capabilities in this episode. Now its time to save the Princess.

I noticed the change in the OP. Found that to be a bit weird since I was used to the original OP.
LeoAug 27, 2017 8:53 AM

Aug 27, 2017 9:11 AM

Jan 2015
Another story about selfish princess. That's, to be honest too much I can handle in one day. But at least she get slapped in it. -_- So Ikaruga in action won't be seen until reach half of the duration. Pretty long,but definitely worth it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 27, 2017 9:25 AM

Mar 2016
Good action and cool new mechs are the only saving grace in this episode...it's far to late in the anime to just now start a war and the real conflict of the anime!

I like the anime but the pacing and plot development has been all over the map and this episode was no different. The story is just one big jumbled mess where they're trying to cover so much in so little time
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 27, 2017 9:31 AM

Apr 2008
What a train wreck of a show... Instead of a proper roar of engines and flames spewing from everywhere. We get blue particles and wish wish sounds when Ikaruga is flying. Ikaruga, the burning demon god, the machine that gave enemy PTSD the moment they lay eyes on it, is reduced to a wish wish blue fairy.

Lord_of_Anime said:
Good action and cool new mechs are the only saving grace in this episode...it's far to late in the anime to just now start a war and the real conflict of the anime!

I like the anime but the pacing and plot development has been all over the map and this episode was no different. The story is just one big jumbled mess where they're trying to cover so much in so little time

The original story is pretty much like this, author spent 3 novels setting up this war, finally kicking it off in book 4.

EDIT: On a side note, blow engines on air ships are not turbine shaped at all and do not produce some sort of air current. Blow engines are silhouette arms with fans blowing wind into sails, that what blow engines are. This results in air ships having low manoeuvrability.
ZingFreelancerAug 27, 2017 10:05 AM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Aug 27, 2017 9:57 AM

Sep 2015
Now add this to SRW come on bandai.
Ikaruga are insane compare to other upgrade.
Into the Internet!
Aug 27, 2017 10:01 AM
Mar 2009
Opening threw me off for a few seconds until I realized they threw in the sound effect for the mechs and magic. Odd.

Seems the new bad guys, or old bad guys newly revealed, are fairly creative in modifying the tech they stole. A little puzzling though that they needed to steal tech. They created airships so invention isn't an issue. I guess I will have to write it off as them just needing a little push. I'd like to see how the mass produced mechs from the two countries match off.

I was counting down how long until the Princess did the stupid thing and I'm glad to see it was dealt with quickly.

Overall I would've liked to see more fighting. I look forward to seeing if Ernesti makes AA tech or just starts knocking down airships with Ikaruga. Probably both.

Side note. I would've appreciated them aging the characters, I've come to understand by this point it's been a couple years since the Telestare was stolen. Nobody has aged. He should've undergone a crap load of physical development by now. I'm sure it's cheaper, but it's damned annoying.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 27, 2017 10:16 AM
Dec 2014
Stark700 said:

Elenora's father really does care about her daughter. Too bad she also got captured.

Pretty cruel episode. The antagonists in thi show seems to have no mercy for their enemies and tbh, I think it's pretty stereotypical for their personalities. Eru seems to really enjoy fighting this episode in his upgraded mech.

Action this episode imo is better than some of the other episodes.

Well to be fair the protagonist also seems to have no mercy. Did you see how Ernersti was killing those tyrantos (along with the pilots) with that cheery voice he has.

Aversa said:
So an enemy army finally appears and the story turned into the classical "saving the lady in distress" setting.

Well said damsel is the heir to the throne of the Kingdom. She's like Sansa Stark of game of thrones. Whoever has her will control the Kus-something kingdom.
Aug 27, 2017 10:25 AM

Jul 2016
ZingFreelancer said:
What a train wreck of a show... Instead of a proper roar of engines and flames spewing from everywhere. We get blue particles and wish wish sounds when Ikaruga is flying. Ikaruga, the burning demon god, the machine that gave enemy PTSD the moment they lay eyes on it, is reduced to a wish wish blue fairy.

Lord_of_Anime said:

The original story is pretty much like this, author spent 3 novels setting up this war, finally kicking it off in book 4.

I guess blue flames are more budget friendly than golden flames with the shade of red like the ones in vol. 6.

I think the pacing is OK for me since I had the LN to supplement what is cut from the LN, like:

-Zaulodek and Kuschpercha are the two main power in the west/Occident so having Zaulodek conquering Kuschpercha equates to Zaulodek almost conquer Occident.
-detailed explanation how the the Zaulodek army plan to thin out the capital's defense
-the Kuschpercha's capital guards are ordered to lit the capital as per the protocol of night raid which only helps the Zaulodek's air raid
-the other Kuschpercha's territory can't put up a fight due to having most of the Silhouette Knight's being stationed in the border for the supposedly decisive battle and the sudden air raid
-all higher ranked Kuschperchan nobles are executed, leaving only low ranked nobles who are forced to swear loyalty to Zaulodek alive to ease Zaulodek's governing the land of Kuschpercha
NitroKageAkiAug 27, 2017 10:35 AM
Aug 27, 2017 10:34 AM

Jul 2016
bear808 said:
Seems the new bad guys, or old bad guys newly revealed, are fairly creative in modifying the tech they stole. A little puzzling though that they needed to steal tech. They created airships so invention isn't an issue. I guess I will have to write it off as them just needing a little push. I'd like to see how the mass produced mechs from the two countries match off.

On the contrary, the mecha stealing event is not part of their original plan. It's just that the Order of the Copper Fang which was exiled to Fremmivilla used this as a souvenir to get themselves back to Zaulodek.
NitroKageAkiAug 27, 2017 10:48 AM
Aug 27, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2009
Ugh, too much exposition, not enough giant robots and action. You'd never see Sunrise make such a mistake.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 27, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
It looks like we're finally diving into the main conflict, with a war and a kidnapped princess. The action in this episode was pretty good tbh, and it seems to be the only decent part of the show.

Interesting how they decided to add sound effects to the OP.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 27, 2017 11:38 AM

Jan 2008
bear808 said:
Opening threw me off for a few seconds until I realized they threw in the sound effect for the mechs and magic. Odd.

Okay, so I wasn't the only one that noticed that. Good. Thought I was losing my mind for a second there.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 27, 2017 11:42 AM

Jun 2017
The pacing of this show is one of the most atrocious that I've ever seen.

Over half the season is about Ernesti building mechs and then all of the sudden.... WAR!

With a country we've never heard about! With characters we've never seen! Attacking a city we know nothing about! Kidnapping a princess who literally means nothing because... who is she?

I've been asking for a more interesting plot but not like this!

If it weren't for the fact that there's only four episodes left, I'd have dropped this show half-way through this train wreck of an episode.
Aug 27, 2017 12:05 PM
Aug 2017
Love the action. It is a little abrupt with the war but we get some good fights hopefully.

Also laughed when I saw the flag of the evil kingdom. It like vampire fangs and it works perfectly with their setting on blood moon and creepiness. Just thought it was hilariously fitting.

Hate it when they end it and you just want to keep watching what happens. And I cannot wait to see what ernesti comes up with to take out the flying ships.
Aug 27, 2017 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
This episode feels like a new series but with the same charaters and didn´t care to make new ones...
Aug 27, 2017 12:28 PM
Jun 2016
heh interseting that it's the badguys that make the flying ships first i was half expecting the hero to make something flying fully, maybe time for veritech type :>
Aug 27, 2017 12:31 PM

May 2014
Seems the war starting now

I want to see how Ernesti will fight the special type mecha of the enemies
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2017 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
JCvetich said:

Over half the season is about Ernesti building mechs and then all of the sudden.... WAR!

With a country we've never heard about! With characters we've never seen! Attacking a city we know nothing about! Kidnapping a princess who literally means nothing because... who is she?

If it weren't for the fact that there's only four episodes left, I'd have dropped this show half-way through this train wreck of an episode.

Princess is daughter to current king of Kuschpercha. The king has a brother who is married to a red haired woman called Martina, they have equally red haired daughter Isadola. Martina is daughter of Ambrosius Fremmevira, sister to current king and aunt to Emrys Fremmevira (aka young master, aka I won this mech from my grandfather guy). Emrys were sent to Martina so she could give him a proper education in etiquette, he came back from Kuschpercha in time for his father's coronation.

Once the war broke out and Kuschpercha was invaded, Emrys decided to go to Kuschpercha and bring his aunt back to Fremmevira . His grandfather insisted that he take Silver Phoenix Knights as his guardians and act discretely in order not to drag the entire kingdom of Fremmevira into war. Martina was family, but she was also married to a royalty of another nation.

So in order to "maintain" cover, they rebranded Silver Phoenix Knights into Silver Phoenix Merchants. Apparently it not unusually for travelling merchant from Fremmevira (or other nations) to employ SK for protection against bandits and demon beasts.

Emrys aunt is quite a trouble maker herself, upon being intercepted by Black Knights and foot soldiers, she stepped out of the wagon and said following:
After enough time past for a sigh, there was finally a response. The man raised one eyebrow, and the door of the fallen carriage was kicked opened from the inside. As the Žaloudek soldiers raised their weapons in surprise, a figure climbed out of the carriage slowly. It was Martina. She leapt on top of the carriage, and surveyed the grunt soldiers from high ground.

“Hmmp, you even brought Silhouette Knights, making a mountain out of a molehill. And? You don’t even dare speak to an unarmed woman without holding a weapon in hand?”

Now the enemy kingdom of Zaloudek have had a long lasting desire to reunite (read conquer) all human nations. That is to say all human nations on their side of the mountain range that separate kingdom's of mankind and Fremmevira (the guard dogs, as some characters from Zaloudek refer to them for their role of protecting kingdoms of menkind from demon beasts). You can say that Zaloudek royal family have almost brainwashed themselves into believing to be the rightful rulers of the human nations.

Their new model, Tyrant is pretty much an armored up version of Tellestale prototype with some modifications of their own to resolve Tellestale biggest problem. Karrdetolle, the production version of Tellestale that Fremmevira robotic labs made, and the main combat unit that all of Silver Phoenix Knights use has a 30% reduced performance. The reduction in performance is due to (robotic lab being an incompetent organisation) Tellestale problem with mana consumption.
EDIT: We will never really hear much about the missing 30% of performance. But in the initial fight against the Swordman, Dietrich remarked how he was beginning to run out of mana while their opponent seemed to be just fine. This puzzled Dietrich as the Tyrant, with it's heavy armor, should be the first one to run out of mana first.

Ikaruga is a machine in a completely different league compared to everyone else. It is so complex, that only Eru can operate it. It is also the only machine in Silver Phoenix Order that can take flight by using magius jet thrusters. The thrusters use an powered up version of fireball and theory behind jet engines to produce thrust. Using jet thrusters produces a lot of noise and engulfs nearly the entire machine in flames.

As result, when a Tyrant seen an SK on fire, charging them at high speed, producing loud noise. An SK with a face for a head instead of a helmet.
Even the mighty Tyrants who have dominated every battlefield they've fought on, the pinnacle of Zaloudek kingdom's SK research. The machine so heavily armored it could easily shrug off Kuschpercha Resvants magic attacks. When they see their comrades in their Tyrants being cut down left and right, being burned to a crisp by a single SK engulfed in flames, roaring like a thunder god with a menacing expression for a face. They start shitting bricks and refer to that particular SK as a demon god.
ZingFreelancerAug 27, 2017 1:00 PM
Aug 27, 2017 12:54 PM

Sep 2013
That empire taking the stolen mecha and going all in for war, those air ships are more impressive though.
Poor princesses :'(
Aug 27, 2017 12:57 PM

Sep 2015
Why are there sound fx in the OP? Threw me off for a bit.

I agree with JCVetich. The pacing is really weird and the war came out of no where. I know they supposed to set this up with the mech stolen but that was ignored for the longest time then you suddenly bring up countries we never heard of.
Never even realized Femmeville traded with them. And now they suddenly go in to a cover organization to help the princess?
They try to make that king and princess all emotional but it did not work. We saw them on screen for a few seconds.

The whole lore was rushed and only briefly mentioned when it was immediately relevant instead of let us know ahead of time so we can process these events as a logical next step.
I don't need people on MAL explaining it to me. I need the anime to do the explaining 5 episodes ago.

MC just got more OP than ever. Jet thrusters is still not possible if we apply any logic to it. The metallurgy required, the complexity of aerodynamics and lift/stall characteristics.
Just not convincing. All it does is make them more OP than the enemy which is not fun.
And the guy filled with bladed body... More doesn't mean better. You can attack equally as fast with one sword against one with two or a dozen. Any proper technique will assure you are protected and can attack quickly and efficiently as possible.

If the series want to give them speed advantage, the horse mech IMO is the best bet. Currently, they got no good counters to cavalry anyways since counters to them are spears and pikes. And no one in the series think pikes and spears are good weapons since they keep opting swords. The cavalry mechs are cheaper and easier to make than goddamn jets plus easier to use. Properly used cavalry can win a battle, we don't need jets.
Jets to me just ruined the entire theme of the series which are KNIGHTS&magic.

The series also failed to capture the emotions of war. No strategy, no plan, no tactics. Just two groups smash in to each other. The airships is tech, not strategy. They got none, without the airships, it will be a normal siege. The characters act as cheerful as always. Killing is seen as very normal. For soldiers it can both be 'traumatizing' or 'surprisingly normal' but you see these guys laughing it off like it is a duel. No, soldiers joke around AFTER the battle as a defensive mechanism and not because its "fun."
zcv45Aug 27, 2017 1:05 PM
Aug 27, 2017 1:08 PM
Jul 2015
bear808 said:

silhoute knights and airship have different engine
sillhoutte use ether reactor, airship is on ether converter or something like that
Aug 27, 2017 1:11 PM

Sep 2015
They seriously screwed up the opening. But dam theres no way these guys can beat the Order of the Silver Phoenix.. I mean Silver Phoenix Merchant Association.
Aug 27, 2017 1:14 PM

Apr 2008
tehhead said:

silhoute knights and airship have different engine
sillhoutte use ether reactor, airship is on ether converter or something like that

Well, if you must know...
Aug 27, 2017 1:58 PM

Feb 2010
I do wonder how powerful the black units are. They are no match for the newer units of the Silver Phoenix, but can out class the older units of the countries they invaded. They clearly seemed to be based on the Telestales, with some of their own improvements. Looks like they spent a few years on it, with some time also taken to build up the numbers. The Telestales had a number of flaws in it, namely stamina, but it wouldn't be the first time someone has improved Ernesti's design.

My guess is they were working on those aircraft before the Order of the Copper Fang stole the Telestale. Such an invasion was likely years or decades in the works. It would have taken a while to gather all the resources they would need for this.

I do wonder how the other countries have have ether reactors. From what we learned about them, only the people of Alfheim can mold mithril and build the reactors. Granted Ernesti found a way around that. Still it's a pretty closely guarded secret. So either Fremmevilla or Alfheim sells the reactors to other kingdoms, there are other villages of those people hidden somewhere, or they have some way of building knock offs. If the first, then it would be a bad idea to attack the kingdom that sells you the heart of your biggest weapon, as you would then be cut off.
Aug 27, 2017 2:03 PM

Jun 2017
ZingFreelancer said:
JCvetich said:

Princess is daughter to current king of Kuschpercha. The king has a brother who is married to a red haired woman called Martina, they have equally red haired daughter Isadola. Martina is daughter of Ambrosius Fremmevira, sister to current king and aunt to Emrys Fremmevira (aka young master, aka I won this mech from my grandfather guy). Emrys were sent to Martina so she could give him a proper education in etiquette, he came back from Kuschpercha in time for his father's coronation.

Once the war broke out and Kuschpercha was invaded, Emrys decided to go to Kuschpercha and bring his aunt back to Fremmevira . His grandfather insisted that he take Silver Phoenix Knights as his guardians and act discretely in order not to drag the entire kingdom of Fremmevira into war. Martina was family, but she was also married to a royalty of another nation.

So in order to "maintain" cover, they rebranded Silver Phoenix Knights into Silver Phoenix Merchants. Apparently it not unusually for travelling merchant from Fremmevira (or other nations) to employ SK for protection against bandits and demon beasts.

Emrys aunt is quite a trouble maker herself, upon being intercepted by Black Knights and foot soldiers, she stepped out of the wagon and said following:
After enough time past for a sigh, there was finally a response. The man raised one eyebrow, and the door of the fallen carriage was kicked opened from the inside. As the Žaloudek soldiers raised their weapons in surprise, a figure climbed out of the carriage slowly. It was Martina. She leapt on top of the carriage, and surveyed the grunt soldiers from high ground.

“Hmmp, you even brought Silhouette Knights, making a mountain out of a molehill. And? You don’t even dare speak to an unarmed woman without holding a weapon in hand?”

Now the enemy kingdom of Zaloudek have had a long lasting desire to reunite (read conquer) all human nations. That is to say all human nations on their side of the mountain range that separate kingdom's of mankind and Fremmevira (the guard dogs, as some characters from Zaloudek refer to them for their role of protecting kingdoms of menkind from demon beasts). You can say that Zaloudek royal family have almost brainwashed themselves into believing to be the rightful rulers of the human nations.

Their new model, Tyrant is pretty much an armored up version of Tellestale prototype with some modifications of their own to resolve Tellestale biggest problem. Karrdetolle, the production version of Tellestale that Fremmevira robotic labs made, and the main combat unit that all of Silver Phoenix Knights use has a 30% reduced performance. The reduction in performance is due to (robotic lab being an incompetent organisation) Tellestale problem with mana consumption.
EDIT: We will never really hear much about the missing 30% of performance. But in the initial fight against the Swordman, Dietrich remarked how he was beginning to run out of mana while their opponent seemed to be just fine. This puzzled Dietrich as the Tyrant, with it's heavy armor, should be the first one to run out of mana first.

Ikaruga is a machine in a completely different league compared to everyone else. It is so complex, that only Eru can operate it. It is also the only machine in Silver Phoenix Order that can take flight by using magius jet thrusters. The thrusters use an powered up version of fireball and theory behind jet engines to produce thrust. Using jet thrusters produces a lot of noise and engulfs nearly the entire machine in flames.

As result, when a Tyrant seen an SK on fire, charging them at high speed, producing loud noise. An SK with a face for a head instead of a helmet.
Even the mighty Tyrants who have dominated every battlefield they've fought on, the pinnacle of Zaloudek kingdom's SK research. The machine so heavily armored it could easily shrug off Kuschpercha Resvants magic attacks. When they see their comrades in their Tyrants being cut down left and right, being burned to a crisp by a single SK engulfed in flames, roaring like a thunder god with a menacing expression for a face. They start shitting bricks and refer to that particular SK as a demon god.

Thanks for explaining everything that the show has neglected. I appreciate it. I feel like, given the proper amount of time and the right pacing, the show could have been really cool. I'll probably just check out the source material at some point.
Aug 27, 2017 2:11 PM

Jun 2015
A kingdom has taken over another kingdom and war has begun. The poor princess got kidnapped. Her father fought bravely for his kingdom. Ernesti's Ikaruga is very strong. He's enjoying himself with his own mech. Now he's going to save the Princess. That one guy really likes swords.
Aug 27, 2017 2:20 PM
Aug 2017
Ouh come on they spent 10 minutes on the enemy and to be honest i m disappointed
Aug 27, 2017 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
Master_Geass said:

I do wonder how the other countries have have ether reactors. From what we learned about them, only the people of Alfheim can mold mithril and build the reactors. Granted Ernesti found a way around that. Still it's a pretty closely guarded secret. So either Fremmevilla or Alfheim sells the reactors to other kingdoms, there are other villages of those people hidden somewhere, or they have some way of building knock offs. If the first, then it would be a bad idea to attack the kingdom that sells you the heart of your biggest weapon, as you would then be cut off.

There seem to be elfish villages all over the place, not just in Fremmevilla. Based on descriptions from LN, I am 95% certain that the guy who invented flying ship is an elf. We'll probably see him in episode 10.
Aug 27, 2017 2:50 PM

Feb 2010
ZingFreelancer said:
Master_Geass said:

There seem to be elfish villages all over the place, not just in Fremmevilla. Based on descriptions from LN, I am 95% certain that the guy who invented flying ship is an elf. We'll probably see him in episode 10.

I had a feeling there were more of them somewhere. The balance of the world would be too uneven if they had to rely on one kingdom for reactors. I do wonder if every kingdom has to host a village if they are to maintain their SK. Granted the federation could all share a village, as it seems they are quite small.
Aug 27, 2017 2:59 PM

Apr 2008
Master_Geass said:

I had a feeling there were more of them somewhere. The balance of the world would be too uneven if they had to rely on one kingdom for reactors. I do wonder if every kingdom has to host a village if they are to maintain their SK. Granted the federation could all share a village, as it seems they are quite small.

Not unlikely that somewhat large nations have their own collective of elves. Taking in account how they become more docile as they get older and their priorities shift more towards sleep and meditation.
In order to indulge in their laziness, elves living in Fremmevira made a pact with humans, they would provide ether reactors, humans would provide food and protection.

In the novels, it was mentioned that creator of levitate ship had such a strong desire to fly in the sky, he event went so far as to betray his own clan.
Aug 27, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2015
Guess it was better than the previous episodes. Enjioyed it to a certain extent.

Aug 27, 2017 4:33 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I loved this episode.....The action scenes were too good and I like arcs like this where its kingdoms vs kingdoms so this should be fun
Aug 27, 2017 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
We finally saw Ernesti use his personalized mecha there were some pretty great moments.

Aug 27, 2017 6:30 PM

Dec 2016
Those black knights are pretty advanced but are still not match for the order of the silver phoenix.

Of course the technology is the first thing Enresti thinks of and gets excited about when he sees it.

I really want to see Ernesti absolute destroy Zaloudek's forces in the next episode and rescue that princess.
Aug 27, 2017 6:32 PM

Apr 2011
Ikaruga is finally operational and see it in action. And what a time to see it to the fullest potential by using it to save two princesses.
Aug 27, 2017 6:38 PM
Feb 2017
i cant wait to see ernesti's dual core machine destroys the enemy's base.
i doubt the enemy kingdom has dual core robot.
the multiple sword enemy's robot is quite fast.

and there is nora as a spy in enemy's castle. hmm nora <3
Aug 27, 2017 6:53 PM
Dec 2014
JCvetich said:

What do you mean? They've been hinting about the other countries since episode 1. The war against the west has been hinted ever since their prototype mech got stolen. Also, although they've never explained it but you can infer that Zaloudek and Kuschpercha are the two big countries that keep the power balance in the regions in the west or the occidents whatever you wanna call them.
Aug 27, 2017 6:57 PM

Jun 2017
Huex3 said:
JCvetich said:

What do you mean? They've been hinting about the other countries since episode 1. The war against the west has been hinted ever since their prototype mech got stolen. Also, although they've never explained it but you can infer that Zaloudek and Kuschpercha are the two big countries that keep the power balance in the regions in the west or the occidents whatever you wanna call them.

I mean, maybe I just missed it... but I had never heard the names of those countries before in the show. Also, there was one or maybe two brief conversations about unrest in the area, but nothing of the scale that was shown in this episode.

I mean, to be honest, I thought maybe I had missed an episode before I checked to make sure I'd watched last week's. This episode, seemingly, just came out of nowhere in regards to story, characters, everything.
Aug 27, 2017 8:06 PM

Oct 2012
i want more..

the battle is so impressive...

and the flying ship... its good, Ernesti need to make one.
Nothing To See
Aug 27, 2017 8:30 PM

Jul 2012
JCvetich said:
I mean, maybe I just missed it... but I had never heard the names of those countries before in the show. Also, there was one or maybe two brief conversations about unrest in the area, but nothing of the scale that was shown in this episode.

I mean, to be honest, I thought maybe I had missed an episode before I checked to make sure I'd watched last week's. This episode, seemingly, just came out of nowhere in regards to story, characters, everything.

Novel readers like yours truly also feel that the pacing is way, WAAAY too fast. They skip a lot (and I mean A LOT) of exposition and foreshadowing the novel had in favor of more mech on mech action. Novel readers won't probably mind too much since we're more informed about the hows and whys of the show and treat it as a visual supplement to the LN. Anime only watchers... Not so much.

You could try to read the source material (i.e. Light Novel) so you can make much better sense of it all though. Only if you fancy reading prose :)
swordstriker21Aug 27, 2017 8:38 PM
Aug 28, 2017 12:24 AM

Jun 2016
half of the episode say that the enemy is cruel, no mercy, have robot that surpass any robot, have stupid name and declare war..

the other half episode said that ernesti come with the new robot, and all the stuff that enemy will never ever chance to win...

i hope that hime sama will married ernesti the trap... i hope so... ship ship ship
Aug 28, 2017 12:44 AM

Jan 2011
while the episode was cool i can't help but feel like no matter what you say we jumped into this war real quick despite the hints before hand

Ikaruga full on gundam all it's missing is a trans-am

wonder where the hell they got all that ether to mass produce 1000s of mech's up till now it seemed like it was pretty hard to make a couple
Aug 28, 2017 3:44 AM
Jan 2016
katsu044 said:
wonder where the hell they got all that ether to mass produce 1000s of mech's up till now it seemed like it was pretty hard to make a couple

Ether? You mean the reactors? According to the elves, er, alvs the only difficult part is tuning the reactors, but they solved that problem by using lower quality catalyst crystals sourced from mines which are weaker but easier to work with; the only reason Ikaruga's reactors were difficult to make was because Eru wanted custom reactors that used catalyst crystals from beasts.

That aside, the Zaloudek kingdom likely already had plenty of Silhouette Knights, it's likely they just upgraded them with the stolen tech and added new units on top of that, so it's not like they built their army from scratch. Also the reactors are made from mithril, which sounds like it's nigh indestructible, so every time they defeat a Silhouette Knight they get another reactor that they can use to build a new unit around.
Aug 28, 2017 3:48 AM
Oct 2007
The enemy machines seem to be on par with the MC machine. Don't compare boss machine VS normal machine though!

I wonder if the enemy also has a genius else how would they produce machines that can rival MC current batch of machine? Then again if the enemy had a genius, why does they need to steal one in the first place? For inspiration perhaps? LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2017 4:11 AM

Dec 2013
Decent fight.
Now watch as Elenora-hime falls in love with Ernesti once he rescues her, and ends up following him around as well. XD

The pace this is going, I wouldn't bet against this entire rescue mission ending by next week.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 28, 2017 7:43 AM

Oct 2016
Every little detail sound added to the OP makes me go "lolwut?" XD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

58 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:59 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:49 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

64 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 21, 2023 1:32 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

43 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 18, 2023 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.