Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2010 6:58 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow. so.. that's it huh?
what about hades and everything like that? what about 9-dragons man? muhhhhhh
Jul 28, 2010 12:33 AM

Sep 2009
Pretty good ending, although they left a lot of open questions... who is the successor? I think it's Kyuu.
May 23, 2012 10:04 PM

Nov 2011
Meh...that ending, Pluto no doubt still exists. Oh well, I still enjoyed the series and the various cases (:
Jun 26, 2012 11:07 PM

Feb 2012
well i just finished watching all the episods. In my opinion it was really good; it made me laugh, sad, it always kept me on my toes trying to think of the solution to all the cases could be.
But i am thinking one of my next goals is to read the manga because i think there must be a lot more involved. Surely it doesn't end without telling us more about Ryuu's involvement with Pluto, and what about that Hades guy? I 'm hoping if i read the manga there will be more.

I guess all in all, there is...

Only one answer!
I'm a Mangaka in training watch me as i make my way to the top!!

Wanted: A sensei to teach me and push me in the right direction for being a mangaka
Apr 2, 2014 6:31 AM

Jun 2012
There are more questions left than answers.. Like does DDS find out about Ryuu, how Kyuu's father died and so on. Ah, it's so sad that it has ended. The series got me excited at times to find out who the culprit was, made me sad to know the motivation behind the crime etc. Sayonara... DDS! Class Q!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jul 9, 2016 6:00 AM

Jul 2012
I'm surprised they were able to wrap up the story so efficiently without any loose ends or big cliffhangers. It was a really good detective anime. I mean, Kindaichi's author made this. The only issue I had was that the Pluto organization interfered with too many of the cases and kinda ruined the enjoyability with the chance of a spy and hypnotism. I finished this Anime in 3 days, which is quite impressive.

8/10
Jul 13, 2016 1:43 PM

Jun 2016
Oh my god, my expression on the last episode: What?.....

Well, we still dont know about Ryu's past and where is Hades, Cerberus (my favorite character), Thanatos, and Sir Charon???? Why do they have to replace Cerberus with Anubis....So many questions and we dont get to know a lot about Kuzuryuu Takumi...
Nov 2, 2016 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
The first half was a lot more enjoyable, the murder mystery aspect was much better, there's less involvement of Pluto, which imo was a disappointment. The mystery as a whole was sort of weak though, the writing is very one-way about it, there was a few 'plot hole' in regards to the solution of the mystery, the connection between the evidence/proofs and the murderer are sometimes very 'thin-lined', like it wasn't concrete enough to convict the murderer but they act like it's a huge revelation. A few stories were really good though, like the one with the smallpox.

I wish there's more episodes, I've grown attached to the characters.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 4, 2017 11:18 PM
May 2015
crowslayer91 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow. so.. that's it huh?
what about hades and everything like that? what about 9-dragons man? muhhhhhh
savetherocks said:
Pretty good ending, although they left a lot of open questions... who is the successor? I think it's Kyuu.
Stark700 said:
Meh...that ending, Pluto no doubt still exists. Oh well, I still enjoyed the series and the various cases (:
YusakuGodai said:
There are more questions left than answers.. Like does DDS find out about Ryuu, how Kyuu's father died and so on. Ah, it's so sad that it has ended. The series got me excited at times to find out who the culprit was, made me sad to know the motivation behind the crime etc. Sayonara... DDS! Class Q!
desamontello12 said:
Oh my god, my expression on the last episode: What?.....

Well, we still dont know about Ryu's past and where is Hades, Cerberus (my favorite character), Thanatos, and Sir Charon???? Why do they have to replace Cerberus with Anubis....So many questions and we dont get to know a lot about Kuzuryuu Takumi...
ToG25thBaam said:
The first half was a lot more enjoyable, the murder mystery aspect was much better, there's less involvement of Pluto, which imo was a disappointment. The mystery as a whole was sort of weak though, the writing is very one-way about it, there was a few 'plot hole' in regards to the solution of the mystery, the connection between the evidence/proofs and the murderer are sometimes very 'thin-lined', like it wasn't concrete enough to convict the murderer but they act like it's a huge revelation. A few stories were really good though, like the one with the smallpox.

ToG25thBaam said:

all of you, plz read the manga, the anime doesnt follow the manga and hence so much hanging questions and confusions. the manga is almost translated and its amazing to my opinion!
Sep 1, 2017 5:18 PM

Jun 2016
That was definitely not a real ending, it was more so the start, or more likely the middle of the Pluto plot line. No dragon guy, No yurie closure, no hades, no nuffin. Very lacking as an ending, I don't care enough to actually read the manga so I may just check how that one ends. I knew it was Katagiri but I expected it was her, although I may of gotten a bit lucky. I thought the real one was a fake. And why would no one tell Kyuu that the detective he looks up to is his own dad?

Tantei Gakuen Q had likable characters, even if they were very close to, or actually one dimensional at times. Their interactions were charming, Ryuu is my husbando, the mysteries were engaging and interesting, even if they happened to get sloppy at the end more often than not and the moral messages of each case were clear and good. Overall it was enjoyable. Well, until I got sick of seeing the same characters, do the same things and having the anime continue as if a monkey is pulling out elements from a small formula jar to see what the case will be, and even having the cases which are good often end in plot holes and contrivances which ruin the entire case... Yeah, I got sick of this show as it went on, I respect its attempts to change up the formula, and I do like the characters, but it had some real problems. If you're writing a mystery story, you really have to make sure your mysteries make sense. Even the ending is ridiculously unsatisfying. Tantei Gakuen Q is a charming show, that I would recommend to children, but it is inherently flawed with its formula stretching out the same stories over and over, only to ruin them in a new way each time.

It wasn't all bad, I actually really enjoyed the Spirited Away Village case, the Idol case, and my favorite, the Locked in the Basement case. All of which, and a handful more were well done, but the consistency was awful. Horrible to alright was the normal quality the cases had, only a few really going the extra mile. For that, I have to give this show an unfortunate 5/10.
Sep 21, 2017 7:40 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
AMAZING LAST EPISODE !!! Backstory of Kyuu, Kyuu's father, and Dan-sensei really got me teary-eyed! THIS IS AN AMAZING DETECTIVE ANIME !!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 5, 2018 1:32 PM
Nov 2009
Gaiking said:
AMAZING LAST EPISODE !!! Backstory of Kyuu, Kyuu's father, and Dan-sensei really got me teary-eyed! THIS IS AN AMAZING DETECTIVE ANIME !!!!!!

Not at all. The car jumping scene was complete bs. Them landing there with no one of the bad guys around made no sense as well. Also, why did they not carry weapons?
How did Dan-sensei pick that weapon up? Annoying display of A-class. Why did it take forever for the time to pass? They should have died inside the ship. Why did Anubis go up and then did nothing at all? Why does the ship have a self-destruct mechanism anyway? Dan let himself get kidnapped to get to the same location as the female teacher? What if they put her elsewhere or simply killed her off?
We already knew who Kyu's father was from previous episodes.

Overall, my initial impression of this anime wasn't good. The characters look kinda meh and the animation was atrocious at some points. Then it improved tremendously, making it look like there will be lots of character progression and awesome cases. Too bad they abandoned that progression completely (only Ryu got some) and the cases got worse and worse over time. Add to that completely unnecessary bs like the Tokyo University Student reappearing with his usual stunt and that girl with the annoying voice who is better off with a bullet in her head...bah.
Feb 5, 2021 10:01 PM

Mar 2010
The hypnosis is so strong but dam dan is stronger. Anubis is actually such a cool Villain and kinda died in a dumb way. Nanami being awesome again with his entrance. So the guy he admired was his dad :(( So did they leave the pluto guys for dead.
StardewFeb 5, 2021 10:09 PM
Mar 22, 2021 1:19 PM
Jan 2021
iamKetranLang said:

What backstory? The only thing new we learn is that Kyuu was saved by his father , everything else had been mentioned before...
Apr 25, 2021 6:07 PM

Feb 2015
Overall not bad but I liked the earlier cases better before Pluto and hypnosis
Aug 6, 2022 8:11 PM
Jul 2022
Actually,i almost have all the series manga and i know what the ending of this anime. I just curious who will be the voice actor of the my baby Cerberus :")
Oct 27, 2022 1:30 PM

Feb 2020
Pretty good show, though still got over before actual plot fully started. Animation was not good though which something expected from pierrot. I enjoyed quite a bit of long cases. But the short ones were not good. It has it flaws at places with non sensical motivation and is not as good as Detective conan (from where this show obviously takes inspiration, which is kind of irony too because this show's author is Kindaichi's creator). But still it was quite good overall and underpopular too (so can be called hidden gem). Overall I liked it more than getbackers, author's another work
AdampkOct 28, 2022 10:13 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 15, 2023 4:40 PM

Oct 2018
The Anubis part had a conclusion and clearly the rest of the Pluto is unresolved being an incomplete adaptation but still I'm fine with how things ended. Don't know if I'll ever read the manga.

It had it's up and downs, ep 11 is still a mistake. The village case with disappearing people is still my favorite in the entire show.

More topics from this board

» Help: Detective School Q filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 13

1 by Joker_Sama »»
Feb 14, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Tantei Gakuen Q Episode 43 Discussion

sifma - Mar 6, 2010

7 by _vesper_ »»
Dec 5, 2023 3:36 PM

Poll: » Tantei Gakuen Q Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2012

9 by _vesper_ »»
Nov 23, 2023 9:51 AM

Poll: » Tantei Gakuen Q Episode 20 Discussion

iamKetranLang - Sep 19, 2017

4 by _vesper_ »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » Tantei Gakuen Q Episode 17 Discussion

YusakuGodai - Jan 10, 2014

7 by _vesper_ »»
Nov 19, 2023 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.