Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2017 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Action returned this episode and it didn't take long to jump right into it.

Only this time, I think everyone seemed more prepared. Yet, problem still arose in the local town that I don't think anyone is prepared for. At least Kanesada is being careful without taking too much risk.
Aug 26, 2017 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
Ahhhh Mutsu got to meet his former aruji >< Such a bittersweet episode. The action scenes were great like ever, especially the part where Mutsunokami had to use Ryouma's Mutsunokami.
Aug 26, 2017 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
Unit 2 are back in action and Mutsunokami met his former master.

Aug 26, 2017 11:14 AM

May 2017
Mutsunokami was awesome in this episode.
Aug 26, 2017 11:22 AM
Oct 2007
This might just be the very first episode that I truly enjoyed watching thus far for this series!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2017 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode, loved how Mutsunokami was able to meet and serve his master once again.
Aug 26, 2017 1:02 PM

Jun 2017
Very cool episode.

It was nice to see some character development for Mutsunokami, my favorite character in the show.

While not necessarily outstanding in any way, I feel like this show is consistently good every week.
Aug 26, 2017 3:15 PM

Jun 2015
Very cool episode. Second Unit did their mission well. Mutsunokami had some nice development. He was able to meet his master and protect him. The action was very good.
Aug 26, 2017 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
Beautiful OST as always.
Aug 26, 2017 6:00 PM

Mar 2013
welcome back fighting scene of unit 2. They are able to complete their mission😪. (A)
Aug 26, 2017 6:14 PM
Feb 2016
I thought something was going to go wrong with their plan the entire time. Glad to see that Unit 2 actually succeeded (even if it wasn't their original plan), and Mutsunokami really shined this episode as well.
Aug 26, 2017 6:16 PM

Dec 2016
Mutsunokami got an important role in this episode :) It was very nice to see Mutsunokami protect his former master till the end and have a little chat together :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 26, 2017 6:25 PM
Aug 2017
mimiiria said:
Ahhhh Mutsu got to meet his former aruji >< Such a bittersweet episode. The action scenes were great like ever, especially the part where Mutsunokami had to use Ryouma's Mutsunokami.

Himself using himself. I N C E P T I O N
Aug 26, 2017 9:24 PM

Mar 2016
Another great episode with the emphasis back on the second unit which it seems most people on MAL have been clamoring for...I actually prefer the first unit but I really like the second unit as well so I'm glad to see them back too!

The action this episode was even better than we've seen before and the animation was top notch...a real beauty of an anime this is turning out to be!

Mutsunokami had a heartwarming reunion with his former master and this plot made for one of the better and more engaging missions we've seen so far! I can't wait to see how the anime progresses in its final stages...but in any case it is sure to be stunning to look at!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 26, 2017 11:51 PM

Sep 2014
That episode gutted me because I'm a huge fan of Sakamoto Ryoma.

In case anyone didn't know, Sakamoto was assassinated about a year after that attempt failed. If only it was the Omiya assassination attempt they stopped :(

That's why Mutsunokami was acting the way he did, he knew Sakamoto was going to die soon. When he asked Sakamoto to go with him, I wish he'd gone through with it.
Aug 27, 2017 1:52 AM

Dec 2015
This was a good episode, it had a meaning behind it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 27, 2017 2:02 AM

Jan 2009
waiting for unit 2 to level up in power they are still gonna be weak against Ootachis at this point
Aug 27, 2017 8:53 AM

Jun 2016
Holy shit. The way they travel or transport into that era is so dope. Waaaaah. It's my first time seeing it. Waaah. So beautiful!

Turns out the one they're supposed to protect was Mutsunokami's previous master. So, this episode turned out to be very sentimental and adorable at the same time. I literally screamed when Mutsunokami saw Ryoma. He got to see his master again. :3

And, forgodsake, so Ryoma died then even though they did their best to protect him because that's how history goes. Goddamnit. No wonder they're anxious that Mutsunokami might change the history with him saving Ryoma from dying. Waaah. This is heartbreaking.

What a beautiful episode. I love you, Mutsunokami. ;-;

P.S. Fucking Izuminokami being gloriously gorgeous again. Anasfnasjgdjfn!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 27, 2017 11:11 AM
Aug 2017
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Holy shit. The way they travel or transport into that era is so dope. Waaaaah. It's my first time seeing it. Waaah. So beautiful!

Turns out the one they're supposed to protect was Mutsunokami's previous master. So, this episode turned out to be very sentimental and adorable at the same time. I literally screamed when Mutsunokami saw Ryoma. He got to see his master again. :3

And, forgodsake, so Ryoma died then even though they did their best to protect him because that's how history goes. Goddamnit. No wonder they're anxious that Mutsunokami might change the history with him saving Ryoma from dying. Waaah. This is heartbreaking.

Mutsunokami had an urge to escape Ryoma from the scene and run away to "somewhere faraway" but he was able to stop that urge and he sticked to the plan of bringing him to the residence
Aug 27, 2017 3:20 PM
Aug 2017
PaladinAlchemist said:

In case anyone didn't know, Sakamoto was assassinated about a year after that attempt failed. If only it was the Omiya assassination attempt they stopped :(

That's why Mutsunokami was acting the way he did, he knew Sakamoto was going to die soon. When he asked Sakamoto to go with him, I wish he'd gone through with it.

If it was that assassination, they would have to aid the assassins to ensure that history will not be changed. It would be heartbreaking for Mutsunokami.
Aug 27, 2017 4:40 PM

Apr 2007
What a beautiful episode! I love Sakamoto Ryouma and to have him appear with Mutsunokami playing a big part, I just loved every moment. Definitely an improvement for the 2nd squad episodes for me~

ALSO it's a little weird that they chose Ono Daisuke to play Sakamoto Ryouma when he was Okita Souji in Hanamaru too haha
MonochromeAug 27, 2017 4:50 PM
Aug 27, 2017 5:35 PM

Sep 2014
miyako1909 said:
PaladinAlchemist said:

If it was that assassination, they would have to aid the assassins to ensure that history will not be changed. It would be heartbreaking for Mutsunokami.

I don't know if I'd be able to watch that, but talk about great potential for drama.
Aug 28, 2017 12:55 AM

Jun 2016
Tonbo_213 said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

Mutsunokami had an urge to escape Ryoma from the scene and run away to "somewhere faraway" but he was able to stop that urge and he sticked to the plan of bringing him to the residence

I know. ;-; Kinda proud of him, but I wish there's a chance to save Ryoma from the assassination. Ugh. It hurts. Poor Mutsunokami; seeing his master dying beside him. I'm not okaaay.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 29, 2017 1:13 AM

Oct 2008
A Mutsunokami centered episode!
its so badass how they entered the history field!
very cool on how Mutsunokami defeated the retrogade by using mustunokami himself! (19:45)
Looks like Team 2 missions are still easy, they should have extreme difficulty mission so that they could redeems them selves from the mess-up they did previously!
5/5.
matias067Aug 29, 2017 1:17 AM

Aug 29, 2017 3:10 PM
May 2007
Monochrome said:
ALSO it's a little weird that they chose Ono Daisuke to play Sakamoto Ryouma when he was Okita Souji in Hanamaru too haha

My thought exactly. What if all former masters are OnoD that would be weird but I won't mind one bit.
Aug 30, 2017 3:39 PM
Aug 2017
Shadow-Chan said:
Monochrome said:

My thought exactly. What if all former masters are OnoD that would be weird but I won't mind one bit.

At this rate, Hijikata might be voiced by him.
Aug 31, 2017 7:20 PM

Apr 2012
This was a really touching episode. It was nice to see such a sentimental side to Mutsunokami. I also enjoyed seeing how precious their masters were to them and how hard it must be to not try to prevent their death even if it would change history. I can relate to that. I'd want to protect my master if I was given a second chance to do so. I really like this series. I didn't like the adaptation at all but if this is what the original game was like, I can see why it was so immensely popular.
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
Sep 3, 2017 1:05 AM

Jul 2008
Unit 2 hasn't lost a step it seems.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2017

108 by L01MK »»
Mar 22, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

45 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 10, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

88 by Ryuzaki775 »»
Jul 12, 2022 11:44 AM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

246 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 20, 2022 2:24 PM

» Can I watch this without watching Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru first?

Kirukato05 - Sep 9, 2021

2 by Kirukato05 »»
Sep 10, 2021 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.