Forum Settings
Forums

I am looking for very specific recommendations of anime....Please share your experience

New
Aug 26, 2017 12:45 AM
Aug 2017
I could not find an option how to search what I am looking for...so please forgive me if I am a bit demanding.....if you can recommend me something, that would be really awesome!

I am looking for anime that's shoujo, action/adventure, romance, with superpowers, fun, and cute, BUT does not include yaoi or yuri (sorry, please don't judge, but I don't like these themes).

More details:
Anime that has satisfying ending. Has really really good story.
Handsome, or important characters not killed.
Not drama (because it's tiring to cry) or gory/horror (I'm scared).
Not hiatus, like hunter x hunter, or most manga I know.
Completed, and the same with it's mange version. (because I just saw alice academy and the manga is not the same as the anime :/ )
Maybe, just short anime? Like Daddy long legs (very satisfying ending, every episode is a pleasure), about 12-24 episodes.

During my breaks, I watch anime, and I search first if anime is good or not, but mostly, does not meet my expectation or maybe my way of searching is just wrong. Please please please, I am desperate to watch another satisfying anime! :3 thank you for understanding. I love you already!
Aug 26, 2017 1:01 AM
Jul 2012
Try Zero no Tsukaima, and maybe To love Ru.
Aug 26, 2017 3:21 AM
Aug 2017
Lalaluluxp said:

Thank you! Zero no tsukaima sounds interesting. Will add this to my plan to watch. Can you recommend kamichama karin? Does this have a satisfying ending? I don't really care about spoilers. :)
Aug 26, 2017 6:02 AM
Apr 2015
Inu X boku SS is a good romance with hints of supernatural. The ending of the anime is satisfying, but you may not enjoy the manga's ending. There's little drama and cute characters. Plus the characters have this unique feeling to them that I haven't seen before.

If you're looking for a relaxing anime there is Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. It's a beautiful anime with little drama and amazing characters. The fairytale ambience is really nice too.

If you like magical girl animes, Cardcaptor Sakura is really good, although it's pretty long. Shugo Chara is good if you don't mind that it's targeted for a younger audience and is really really long.

Charlotte (short with nice art), fruits basket (classic with finished manga), Kaichou wa Maid-sama (one of my favorite romance anime), and Toradora (another amazing romance anime) are some other really good ones.

I saw madoka magica on your PTW, be careful because that's kinda gory/horror-ish.

Aug 26, 2017 8:11 AM

Aug 2016
mrmarketing2000 said:

I am looking for anime that's shoujo, action/adventure, romance, with superpowers, fun, and cute, BUT does not include yaoi or yuri (sorry, please don't judge, but I don't like these themes).

More details:
Anime that has satisfying ending. Has really really good story.
Handsome, or important characters not killed.
Not drama (because it's tiring to cry) or gory/horror (I'm scared).
Not hiatus, like hunter x hunter, or most manga I know.
Completed, and the same with it's mange version. (because I just saw alice academy and the manga is not the same as the anime :/ )
Maybe, just short anime? Like Daddy long legs (very satisfying ending, every episode is a pleasure), about 12-24 episodes.

1995's Fushigi Yuugi, adapts the manga quite closely if I recall. It's on Crunchyroll. It has nearly everything you list. I'm not sure what you mean by "no drama" but if by "drama" you mean "sad moments," I don't remember there being all that many. Some characters die but there are LOTS of characters and it isn't gory or violent. There are a couple homosexual/crossdressing characters but they it isn't made into a big deal and the yaoi/yuri themes are minimal. All-in-all, it sounds to me to be quite nearly what you are looking for.
Aug 26, 2017 8:35 AM

Mar 2012
Hanasakeru Seishounen - main characters don't die, is shoujo, has action and romance as well. There's a bit of drama too. Anime and manga both completed, although I haven't read the manga so I don't know how closely the anime follows it.
Aug 26, 2017 9:02 AM

Apr 2017
Moe kare and defense devil is what you are looking for

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Aug 26, 2017 9:11 AM

Jan 2017
Fvlminatvs said:

1995's Fushigi Yuugi, adapts the manga quite closely if I recall. It's on Crunchyroll. It has nearly everything you list. I'm not sure what you mean by "no drama" but if by "drama" you mean "sad moments," I don't remember there being all that many. Some characters die but there are LOTS of characters and it isn't gory or violent. There are a couple homosexual/crossdressing characters but they it isn't made into a big deal and the yaoi/yuri themes are minimal. All-in-all, it sounds to me to be quite nearly what you are looking for.

There are definitely sad moments and sure, there are "lots" of characters but
Fushigi Yuugi is a great anime (& manga) but if you don't want important characters to be killed, then don't watch. I cried during this series tbh, lol...

+1 Spice and Wolf
+1 Hanasakeru Seishounen

im weeb trash

Aug 26, 2017 9:21 AM
Feb 2014
Sugar Sugar Rune- It's a lighthearted Shojo anime about two witch girls who are sent to the human world in order to compete in becoming the queen of the witch world. It's cute and very fun, i was never bored while watching it and the characters are very likable, especially Chocolat. No one dies and the ending was satisfiying and complete! I wholeheartedly recommend you watch it!
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Aug 26, 2017 9:24 AM

Aug 2016
Kyuuto said:

There are definitely sad moments and sure, there are "lots" of characters but
Fushigi Yuugi is a great anime (& manga) but if you don't want important characters to be killed, then don't watch. I cried during this series tbh, lol...

I totally forgot about that. Oh, yeah, and Miaka's friend's entire storyline... . Yeah, you're right, there's tons of sad stuff in this show that I entirely forgot all about.
Aug 26, 2017 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
@mrmarketing2000

Both 11-nin Iru! and Princess Tutu check all your items and are more than good… I have both in my fav' list.
I haven't read the manga of Princess Tutu so I don't know how the anime compares to the manga, but 11-nin Iru! follows perfectly the manga.
Aug 26, 2017 3:17 PM

May 2012
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Saiunkoku Monogatari

Not shoujo but josei or seinen
REC
Nodame Cantabile
Aug 26, 2017 6:37 PM
Jul 2012
mrmarketing2000 said:
Lalaluluxp said:

Thank you! Zero no tsukaima sounds interesting. Will add this to my plan to watch. Can you recommend kamichama karin? Does this have a satisfying ending? I don't really care about spoilers. :)

Zero no Tsukaima doesnt have a great story at all, but, fill all the requests. And about Kamichama Karin, i dont watched yet, but the score is nice, so go ahead.
Aug 26, 2017 6:43 PM

Jun 2008
What you're looking for is...... Akatsuki no Yona
Aug 28, 2017 8:22 AM
Aug 2017
Thank you so much everyone! I have added most of your recommendations already. Gotta watch them all! :D
Aug 28, 2017 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
I recommend Bungou stray dogs :D
Aug 30, 2017 10:30 PM
Aug 2017
lengnobaka said:

I just saw the first episode, it is a very exciting and dramatic story. But, I think the story is not yet complete?
Aug 31, 2017 3:19 AM

Jun 2008
mrmarketing2000 said:
lengnobaka said:

I just saw the first episode, it is a very exciting and dramatic story. But, I think the story is not yet complete?

You know what... might want to read the manga after watching but that's up to you.. lol. Good story though and fit all of your requirements.. except 1.. either way check it out sometime! It'll be worth it :D

(Kinda didn't read the ending part)
Aug 31, 2017 3:28 AM

Jun 2008
mrmarketing2000 said:

Don't you just hate when that happens! I know how you feel Mahou Sensei negima is different in the manga and anime.. I was upset... :<
Sep 5, 2017 8:51 AM
Aug 2017
lengnobaka said:
mrmarketing2000 said:

Don't you just hate when that happens! I know how you feel Mahou Sensei negima is different in the manga and anime.. I was upset... :<

Yes, exactly! T_T I was so upset with Alice academy. I really thought (SPOILER) that Mikan will be like "special" and most powerful student, and that anime will show more of the romance, but nope, it broke my heart. I don't want to read the manga because , hehehe, well, it's black and white and hurts my eyes. I also want anime because it moves, I can study animation more. :/

More topics from this board

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 7 hours ago

6 by DMind »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
3 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
5 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
11 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Yesterday

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.