Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 25, 2017 6:53 PM
Jun 2017
I don't plan on watching one of the greatest (my opinion) anime ever made be ruined by a bunch of pretenders.

They can take their "adaptation" and stick it where the sun don't shine... their asshole
Aug 25, 2017 6:58 PM

Feb 2010
https://3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm

jesus that acting is just cringey as fuck
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 25, 2017 8:23 PM

Jul 2015
Mia01 said:

It really looks like a parody, it's hilarious. lol

You have to be fucking kidding me, that is ridiculous. I was so sure that was a parody, who the yells like that lmao.
Aug 25, 2017 8:27 PM

Jul 2015
I don't think any live action films based off anime will ever be good. The strong suit of anime is that nothing is restrained by physics or reality as we know it. Even if it doesn't have heavy fantasy elements - like death note - it still won't pass the anime form. The AoT live action was also about as terrible as could possibly be.
Aug 25, 2017 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
existentialist said:
You have to be fucking kidding me, that is ridiculous. I was so sure that was a parody, who the yells like that lmao.

Goofy's son?

...he sounds more masculine though
Aug 25, 2017 10:29 PM

Jul 2013
It felt like a literal fanfiction lol. A lifeless movie with no real point. Such a shame really.
Aug 25, 2017 11:10 PM

Mar 2017
They messed up the casting, and it could have been so easy...

Irka4 said:
Diversity is awesome but the problem is the actors dont look like they'll be able to bring the characters to life

I think the best combination for diversity would have been:
-Light played by someone Japanese(We can avoid the whitewashing issue this way. Also, it would have been one of the only film out there with Asian in lead)
-L played by someone white (L's character rest a lot on his looks, and only east asian or white person can take a look like L, and Light is Japanese so)
-Misa played by someone black or Latino (since Misa's only quality is that she is a beautiful model, and diversity is always better)
Aug 25, 2017 11:45 PM

Jan 2017
the trailer looked good tho lol

is the movie out ? lol
Aug 25, 2017 11:47 PM

Jan 2017
Mia01 said:

It really looks like a parody, it's hilarious. lol
god whats that
they really couldn't find better actors

it is rated 41% on rotten tomatoes
and 5/10 on imdb
so it is better than the emoji moviie at least
AkerakaaaaiAug 25, 2017 11:52 PM
Aug 26, 2017 3:36 AM
Jun 2015
So I just watched it:

They completely fucked it up.

I understand it's an original story and all, but they fucked everything down to even how the Death Note works. The acting was appalling, the story was cliched and practically non-existent, Light is a pussy faggot bitch, the girl was just fucking dumb and L wasn't even L.

Oh and calculus kills people :D
Aug 26, 2017 3:58 AM

Aug 2013
I couldn't finish it. I dropped it when he showed that girl his death note and Ryuk said only the owner can see me. That negates so many important plot point that make the series what it is and without it it just doesn't make any sense, like this entire movie. Don't even get me started on their choices for actors....
Aug 26, 2017 4:23 AM

Jun 2016
Haven't watched it and I'm not planning on doing it.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 26, 2017 4:31 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I only watched the 1st 10 mins of it. Was ok but I already knew I wasn't gonna like the rest so I stopped.
Aug 26, 2017 1:26 PM

Jul 2015
NaughtyNoddy said:
existentialist said:

Goofy's son?

...he sounds more masculine though

@ 21 seconds. I think they have just used the audio from this clip.
existentialistAug 26, 2017 1:30 PM
Aug 26, 2017 1:32 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I won't expect too much from it. All the western adaptations related to anime usually fail, I won't going to waste my time watching it.

Aug 26, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2013
Ok, I finally watched it, it's not that bad, there are some cringe worthy moments like when L tells Watari to sing him a song. But overall it's not that bad. I would give it a 6/10. I think it would have been a better experience if I did not watch the death note anime. It's hard to not compare the two imo.

I still feel this series gets way more hate than it deserve simple because it's not like the death note anime.
Aug 26, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
existentialist said:
I think they have just used the audio from this clip.

Haha, it's almost identical!

In other news, they are thinking about making a sequel...
Aug 26, 2017 2:40 PM

Apr 2016
A typical American-esque movie if you ask me, a sex scene, no real plot per-se pretentious behavior, a black guy for the quota, even more pretentious shitty ass actors and voilà you got the new Death Note movie. Wuhu!

A terrific masterpiece.
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Aug 26, 2017 2:45 PM

Oct 2015
we know death note to some is the best anime of all but please let it rest in peace. It has been over hyped for too long already.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 26, 2017 2:54 PM

Mar 2017
lmao first off the show fell apart after you know what happened

secondly that movie is ass
Aug 26, 2017 3:28 PM

Jun 2015
The show was never really all that good to begin with, not even the beginning.
So it's whatever.

Aug 26, 2017 3:33 PM

Nov 2014
I'm not going to watch a Death Note that's worse than the second part of Death Note.
Aug 26, 2017 3:43 PM
Aug 2017
Literally these are my thoughts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__u1__HaH9M Why couldn't the movie have been like this? I think the shots translate from the anime to live-action just fine.
Aug 26, 2017 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
wow looking at some of the posts in this thread it looks like the movie is pretty bad. I might watch just out of pure curiosity, but not expecting anything particularly good from it. Such a shame since from the trailer it seemed to be somewhat decent.
Aug 26, 2017 4:30 PM

Jun 2015
i've watched some rather shitty Hollywood adaptations of video games

hitman, max payne, every uwe boll film ever;

so a shitty streaming blob of greed making a movie out of an anime is bound to be shit. I mean I wont watch it but I did look at the trailer...... and dropped it

like a deuce.
Aug 26, 2017 4:32 PM

Sep 2016
The thing that really crept me out was that they were making out while killing people. The movie was unintentionally funny.
Aug 26, 2017 4:41 PM

Nov 2016
At least the original creators are pleased(according to Wikipedia)...or are they?
Aug 26, 2017 7:10 PM

May 2015
Well I watched it...

I actually think it was pretty fun. Just watch it as if you were watching Final Destination. But yeah, I agree with the others about the rule of the book being touched by someone else. Why...

I was actually impressed with Stanfield's performance. Not a perfect L, but he did have the mannerisms. The main issue was that he did not have enough screen time. They should have just cut out all the romantic bullshit and focused on L more.
Aug 26, 2017 7:14 PM
Jun 2017
Death Note+ Netflix= 💩💩💩
Aug 26, 2017 7:36 PM

Apr 2016
Started watching out of morbid curiosity, but couldn't even finish. It felt like just another young adult novel movie wearing a cheap Death Note mask.
Aug 26, 2017 7:51 PM

Apr 2017
Pullman said:
https://3.lithi.io/VAOGr.webm

jesus that acting is just cringey as fuck

LMAO, words are not enough to decribe it.

But I have to ask, is the kind of bad where it is so bad it is funny? Or the kind of bad where it is so bad that it is irritating?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2017 7:56 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

Haven't seen it yet, only heard bad things about it. Hopefully William DaFoe was okay?
Aug 26, 2017 8:10 PM

Jan 2017
I can't even bother to watch this movie...
Aug 27, 2017 1:25 AM
May 2011
twilight meets final destination....

Death note 2017 discussion

Bro this movie was trash

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>

*Light was trash
*Him showing his death note to the random girl just to get his dick wet was trash
*L going insane at the end chasing him with a gun was trash
*controlling watari "not his real name.. fuck not even a last name" to find L's name was trash
*not just telling watari to kill L if you could control watari was trash
*the whole page burn/destroy shit was trash
*dude spent a good 10-15 minutes with the book after learning his name was in it but didn't burn or destroy the page
*the music wasn't trash but really didn't fit this movie :V
*Light was trash again like damn i can't say this enough he was just sooooooooooo bad
*Why did they change the rule about seeing ryuk
*How did L find out about seattle??? because of the fucking guy saluting before getting ran over
*The girl about to kill Lights dad then saying "what would your mother want" had me fucking rolling
*The girl is pretty fucking psychotic
*NOOOO MATSUDA...
*NO POTATOE CHIP SCENE
*NO LIND L TAYLOR FALSE L SCENE
*what the fuck was up with that ending with the dad... do they really plan to make sequels
*Bro a 10 minute montage of Light running away from Black dude with a gun was not what i expected for this "psychological, cat and mouse https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=aPulAk0nuT4
Aug 27, 2017 8:09 AM

Mar 2014
I liked CGI Ryuk + L's actor (despite the fact that most of his lines were pretty cringey) and the cinematography/soundtrack was alright.

Everything else was pure scheisse and I can't wait for this movie to be forgotten in eternity in a few years
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 27, 2017 3:52 PM

Sep 2014
Just finished it. It was trash. Probably one of the worst movies I've watched this year regardless of it being a remake, but the fact that it's based off DEATH NOTE, as in one of my favourite animes just makes everything so much worse. This was literally made as if the director wanted to take the largest crap on the original story and mess it up to fit american stereotypes.

Summarised thoughts I had during this movie as a biased, entitled fan of the series:
1. Light isn't Light; he's a giant pathetic pissbaby who's angsty and 'smart' but makes dumb move after dumb move.
2. 'Mia' or Misa is fucking psychotic to the point where her stupidity is laughable and her actions make NO sense throughout the entirety of the movie, tbh. I'm not going to go into detail, but she's another dumb character.
3. L went freaking insane after Watari died and straight up went on a rampage after Light... what?
4. I literally had to question what the hell I was watching for the last 30 minutes of the movie.
5. Oh, all that ferris wheel bullshit was part of Light's plan? Great, the guy actually does have some semblances of a working brain. Was it still the most painful thing I'd watched? Hell yes.
6. Mia and Light's relationship was actually gross. There was one scene that looked like a damn twilight rip off. Also, it was so unnecessary. Give me Ryuk moments instead of this ffs!
7. Ryuk was the only thing in this movie that I liked - like the majority, I bet.
8. 'Decapitation', really? Whatever, wasn't really a fan of the unneeded gore. I always felt Death Note was superior for how spine-chilling it was psychologically - speaking of which, there was no psychological war between L and Light (probably because Light in this remake didn't have the balls to engage in one).
9. Light literally confessed to being Kira the first time he saw L... once again, what?

I'm just going to act like this movie and the Death Note franchise aren't related in any way, shape or form. They're two completely different entities. I wanted to laugh at this movie if it ended up being bad, in fact, I told myself I would laugh and stop myself from taking this seriously. But once I was sitting there, wasting my time on it, it became so much harder to smile through the pain. The movie initially reminds you of how compelling the story of Death Note is, until you can recount the masterpiece of the manga and anime; then it butchers said story. Damn it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4812 by LightWorker »»
1 hour ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7592 by juanlqr »»
4 hours ago

» Thoughts on Suno AI? (AI system for making your own music)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
6 hours ago

» About The Crow Remake (2024)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

4 by Theo1899 »»
10 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3376 by SilentAssassin88 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.