Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 24, 2017 12:27 PM

Sep 2016
This episode was really cute >w<
Aug 24, 2017 12:45 PM

Sep 2015
dam lol can't wait to see how this ends with their relationship. Is it still a fake relationship in both of their eyes.
Aug 24, 2017 1:06 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was such a let down
Aug 24, 2017 1:06 PM
Oct 2014
Decent episode, Chiaki was annoying as usual but at least she skedaddled at the end.
Aug 24, 2017 1:07 PM
Oct 2014
GhostXo said:

What were you expecting?
Aug 24, 2017 1:12 PM
Nov 2016
Legacy611 said:
GhostXo said:

What were you expecting?
I was hoping Amano would stop being so stupid thinking that Tendou likes Uehara after she accepted his confession
Aug 24, 2017 1:13 PM
Oct 2015
The misunderstanding between characters is just making me even more confused then again that's what makes the upcoming episodes more enticing.
Heckle was here...
Aug 24, 2017 1:15 PM

Jun 2014
Hinata said:
dam lol can't wait to see how this ends with their relationship. Is it still a fake relationship in both of their eyes.

Amano would keep thinking it's still a fake relationship...
Aug 24, 2017 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
I liked all the previous misunderstandings, they were ridiculously funny but in this episode I found it kind of annoying.

Anyway, the date was great and the bus scene ...<3

I still like Chiaki more but Tendou won some points in this episode.

Tendou and Chiaki in swimsuit...more please!

SkyLETVAug 24, 2017 1:20 PM
Aug 24, 2017 1:18 PM
Feb 2016
mandorallen said:
This is the problem with not binge-watching but waiting for an episode every week. I'm watching 21 anime this season and with all the misunderstandings in this anime, I can't keep track of who thinks what is happening (most of them are obvious but I can't remember Chiaki's thoughts). Maybe I should go watch last week's episode again.

this totally

this anime is really not made for the one episode per week format
because it requires watchers to remember the exact misunderstandings to work well
Aug 24, 2017 1:23 PM

Aug 2017
Hah, last week I thought that their relationship would clear some of the misunderstandings, but nope. A single sentence would fix a lot of these though, damn it
Aug 24, 2017 1:27 PM

Oct 2016
The MC grew some balls!

While that's nice and all, the misunderstandings that were once hilarious are still there. Are they all going to talk it out sometime before the anime ends or is it just going to annoyingly spiral into more misunderstandings that will get old.

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Aug 24, 2017 1:29 PM
Jul 2015
why do i feel so cringy in this episode but i like the feeling... hahaha i thought the misunderstandings are like easily cleared up coz of confession but its not hahaha all of them are dumb but i like the clingy chiaki
Nyanchan053Aug 24, 2017 1:39 PM
Aug 24, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
RandomCritic said:
--- fake spoiler ---

Nice try, but this already is volume 3.
Aug 24, 2017 1:41 PM

Mar 2016
cute episode with Amano and Tendou's date...but I was expecting more fallout from the confession tbh. Also the comedy has been so good in this anime so far but this episode the comedy felt flat which was a little disappointing. I'm still looking forward to the next episode to see how they can progress the plot from here on out.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 24, 2017 1:57 PM
Oct 2014
GhostXo said:
Legacy611 said:

What were you expecting?
I was hoping Amano would stop being so stupid thinking that Tendou likes Uehara after she accepted his confession

Well... Previous episodes had shown that wouldn't be the case.. A lot.....
Aug 24, 2017 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
Finally a laid back episode in this series. This was really cute.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 24, 2017 2:02 PM

Sep 2016
tendou is extremely boring as a character, the only good moment with her is when she always get cucked in earlier episodes
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 24, 2017 2:17 PM

Oct 2014
a nice cooling down after last week's climax.
but character development-wise this episode progresses the story more than even last week: Amano finally comes to terms with his feeling and decides to give it a shot (though he's still a hopeless pessimistic idiot =D)
A very predictable development, but it's fine as long as it's told properly. And boy how Gamers! is very good at it, story-telling.

It's not concluded yet, and there are still misunderstandings to address, but Tendou x Amano is basically done.
Just Aguri x Uehara left... I wonder how are they going to conclude that?

Edit: People might have wanted more misunderstandings, but tbh you can't continue directly after last week's. If you're the story-teller, you'd want to cool it down so that you can plant more seeds to help you conclude the plot later, or even add more chaos in the near time. =D
In this case, Amano accepting his feeling and deciding to make use of what he sees as his "current advantage over Uehara" allows Uehara to focus on his own current problem, which is good for Uehara.
But at the same time it makes him let his guard down. It gives him less chance of finding out that Amano & Aguri think he's into Tendou (aka the misunderstandings... get even more cover to continue its course lol.)

Meanwhile Karen Tendou... you guys are too busy hating her to notice that if there's someone whose in the position to see the big picture, it's her.
Chiaki has been seeing the conflict from the same side as Uehara (and is clouded by her own... unbased animosity towards Amano lol. Actually, it's impressive she even got half the of the big picture right,) and Amano from Aguri's. No way they can see it clearly.
But Karen, while also clouded (by her love to Amano lol,) has been looking everything from her own side, that is the side everyone has been looking at (I mean: the center of the conflict is her, after all. She likes Amano, Uehara wanted to ship them together, and ended up making a long chain of misinformations and misunderstandings. She's the center of everything, so if there's anyone that can solve this, it's her.)

But, at the same time, she realizing her position would solve everything, which means you guys will lose the fun you've been having from this show. So... shouldn't you guys instead take her existence for granted?
Don't you guys say you love the misunderstandings? Or do you guys actually hate it?
Revvie-chanAug 24, 2017 3:16 PM
Aug 24, 2017 2:30 PM

May 2016
4 / 5 I hope there will be more misunderstandings in the next episode
Aug 24, 2017 2:31 PM
Jan 2013
This episode was amazing!! I loved it. I started reading the LN and it ended up until the last episode so I was really looking forward to this episode. I'm pretty sure the LN goes into way more depth about their date and if they connected on an emotional level or not. We start to notice that Karen is starting to reveal her real personality and how competitive she is. It's actually kinda funny you how we have the serious, strategic, competitive Karen and the relax, fun loving, try hard Keita competing at all these games. I'm pretty sure on the back of their heads both of them think this relationship is a mistake. A good mistake but it wasn't supposed to happen (now at the least) which is also why Chiaki was clinging to Keita so much during the pool.

I'm actually surprised Keita and Chiaki didn't fight this whole episode which means they are really comfortable with each other which is why I think Karen was really frustrated. This is a good thing because if they decide to stop hating each other and it's revealed that Chiaki is Mono and Keita is Tsuchii then it'll create some flags for each other. I still prefer Karen because she compliments Keita more than Chiaki. I'm super excited to see what the next episodes are going to bring
Aug 24, 2017 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
Darn, I thought we were gonna see seaweed head's sister.

Of all the episodes this one had the least impact for me though.

Aug 24, 2017 3:16 PM

Jan 2015
mandorallen said:
This is the problem with not binge-watching but waiting for an episode every week. I'm watching 21 anime this season and with all the misunderstandings in this anime, I can't keep track of who thinks what is happening (most of them are obvious but I can't remember Chiaki's thoughts). Maybe I should go watch last week's episode again.

hm but at least you spend more time with the anime instead of "Hey hey im gonnna bingewatch this anime in 5 hours and then forget it ever existed, fun for one day yay"
Aug 24, 2017 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
GhostXo said:
Legacy611 said:

What were you expecting?

That was kinda disappointing, especially considering that the show has established that Tendou has turned down every confession in the series thus far to date (and the student body is at least somewhat aware of this).
Aug 24, 2017 3:33 PM

Mar 2015
This Episode cemented my preference for Tendou. While she does go off into speculative flights of fancy just like the other two girls, unlike the others Tendou's are just about herself and her own shortcomings for the most part; the others often wax into complex webs of conspiracy and / or gossip which tend to turn me off.
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 24, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2015
That was a really cute date, I loved it <3.

Aug 24, 2017 4:13 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Echo13243 said:
Tokoya said:
As long as Amano and Tendou have more moments like this with less fucking misunderstandings, I will be 1000% satisfied

But other than that, I'm tired of all these stupid misunderstandings for good now, so Uehara and the others need to get their shit together because this is borderline ridiculous imo

Great episode overall yet again but if these misunderstandings continue the way they've been going then I'm gonna get super annoyed (I want more swimsuit scenes tho lol. my goodness Tendou and Chiaki are HOTl)

Loved the Mario Kart reference bit too

"imo" I've been talking with my friends and afaik that's everyone right now. My hair was messed up because I was physically cringing from last episode and I'm so glad that this episode ended on a better note.
I was cringing out of my mind at the start of this episode when Amano still believed that Tendou and Uehara were fooling around
Aug 24, 2017 4:15 PM
Aug 2015
Man the misunderstandings were hilarious up to this episode. Now they are starting to drag on. It's gotten to a point where they are almost purposefully saying things to perpetuate the misunderstandings rather than asking the easy questions. Like if Amano just said, "Hey Ueharu, do you like tendo or chiaki? Your girlfriend thinks you do."
I liked that he asked her on a date, but the whole military talk is probably going to be dragged out as well. Rip.
Aug 24, 2017 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Unlike most people, I actually want this series to focus more on misunderstandings that resolutions. When you have the over-the-top ridiculous misunderstandings the series initially had, it felt a lot funnier. Take those misunderstandings away and now you have a simple and generic romcom anime.

+1 I honestly think that you're not the only one who thinks this way, those misunderstandings are literally the main appeal of this show.

Anyway, not a bad episode but the tempo slowed down a bit with their date and I don't think it quite worked. I simply can't seem them as a pair, their interactions were awkward at best. And Chiaki just stole the show for a moment when she appeared clinging to MC at the pool, it's great how they can be casual with each other (which is actually prerequisite for dating btw). Can't wait for the moment when she reveals she's Mono to him, hoping for her episode too.

mandorallen said:

Not watching so many anime as you but I am actually having the same problem. This time I almost felt like I should draw myself a graph or something. The problem isn't that their misunderstandings are complicated, it's that they are talking so fast you barely have enough time to think who misunderstands what. And also, watching this on weekly basis is another big part of the problem, this anime would be better to watch in close sucession. Have the similiar problem with Tsurezure Children too.
Aug 24, 2017 4:26 PM

Feb 2017
This anime is super cute.

I loved all the silly misunderstandings last week, but it was nice to have a break from the crazy this week. But then, I am a sucker for a corny romantic date.

Tendou is super cute :3

On a side note, I want Aguri and Uehera to have more screen time- I want them to be happy!

Can't wait for next week :D
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Aug 24, 2017 4:40 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Karen getting some points in my book. She was pretty cute this week.

I expected a bigger backlash after last weeks confession, but things were actually pretty mellow.

Other than that, not much happened at all. At least their relationship is going forward in a positive way.

Admittedly, I'm more interested in Uehara and Aguri's relationship; hopefully that's addressed next week.
Aug 24, 2017 5:10 PM

Nov 2015
Probably you guys already said it, but that was the worst episode until now. Although it's just ok comparing to other animes, things like the misunderstanding about the relationships between the cast are starting to be annoying. Good thing is that they are not focusing in it anymore.

And I miss the lots of gaming references (because of that, episode 3 is my favorite until now), today was simply too weak. Hope it gets better in next ones.
KDOXGAug 24, 2017 5:38 PM
Aug 24, 2017 5:11 PM

Dec 2013
I'm so happy that they didn't take back what happened last week and actually started a relationship!

Tendou and Chiaki in a bikini was a nice surprise :)
Aug 24, 2017 5:37 PM
Jul 2017
It's funny how they are all are misunderstanding everything that happens. In this episode for example Amano thinks that Uehara confessed to him that he was cheating on Aguri with Tendou. They are all trying to help one another get they make the situation worse in some way.
Aug 24, 2017 6:31 PM

Jun 2014
nice date and love that sweet atmosphere at the end ^^

(....but personally, i want that mess of misunderstanding resolved ASAP now that he's in relationship, Previously that's can be enjoyed as a form of comedy... but now that he's in relationship, that mess of misunderstanding May lead into a bad direction... (ーー;)

but... if that misunderstandings still lead to comedy or situation that i found enjoyable.. then~ its... (≧∇≦)/ )
Aug 24, 2017 7:45 PM

Jul 2015
Though its a bit (massive understatement) awkward and difficult, but they actually have a relationship going pretty strong and quite cute. Though this episode was lacking in comedy, it was a sweet episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 24, 2017 7:59 PM

May 2017
#TeamChiaki

Even tho the blonde always win, fuck it, I ship Chiaki more with Amano, I love Tendou tho
Aug 24, 2017 8:00 PM

Aug 2014
I mean, how else would you use that 50/50 item?
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 24, 2017 8:15 PM

Jul 2017
Hype starting to die down. Def want to see chiaki find out about amano being her online friend and agari to make the moves on the other guy
Aug 24, 2017 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
there are times where i want punch MC's face in harder than Saitama's punch...BUT i'll give him brownie points for trying to shoo away Chiaki and actually made the date successful. THANK GOD he didnt ruin something for once! such a welcome departure from the usual cringeness

i just hope the other idiots dont ruin it...which i m sure it will
Aug 24, 2017 9:31 PM
Mar 2015
Such a nice episode :3 Tendou and Amano are a great match for each other! It's so sweet to see the two of them try to get along and find something to bond over.

The Bus scene felt so raw and I'm impressed Amano was able to genuinely express his real feelings for her. Like Aguri said "Your real feelings will just spill out naturally" or something like that!

So many great characters, but with 5 episodes left I hope they can all get together and do something fun/memorable. More focus on (Best Wing-man) Uehara's relationships would great to see as well, can't wait for next week!!

Best Anime this year for me :D

Aug 24, 2017 9:31 PM

May 2017
scruffykiwi said:
RandomCritic said:
--- fake spoiler ---

nope, this is volume 2
Aug 24, 2017 9:33 PM

Dec 2013
RandomCritic said:
scruffykiwi said:

nope, this is volume 2

The end of the last episode completed volume 2. This is volume 3.
Aug 24, 2017 9:35 PM

Apr 2015
I heard the MC is a pussy. He will do stupid shit in the future.
I won't let my guard down from this author...
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Aug 24, 2017 9:41 PM

Sep 2011
RandomCritic said:
scruffykiwi said:

nope, this is volume 2

As G_Spark said this is volume 3. Volume 2 ends with the confession. Volume 3 ends with all 5 characters
Aug 24, 2017 9:42 PM
Feb 2014
Mich666 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Unlike most people, I actually want this series to focus more on misunderstandings that resolutions. When you have the over-the-top ridiculous misunderstandings the series initially had, it felt a lot funnier. Take those misunderstandings away and now you have a simple and generic romcom anime.

+1 I honestly think that you're not the only one who thinks this way, those misunderstandings are literally the main appeal of this show.

Anyway, not a bad episode but the tempo slowed down a bit with their date and I don't think it quite worked. I simply can't seem them as a pair, their interactions were awkward at best. And Chiaki just stole the show for a moment when she appeared clinging to MC at the pool, it's great how they can be casual with each other (which is actually prerequisite for dating btw). Can't wait for the moment when she reveals she's Mono to him, hoping for her episode too.

mandorallen said:

Not watching so many anime as you but I am actually having the same problem. This time I almost felt like I should draw myself a graph or something. The problem isn't that their misunderstandings are complicated, it's that they are talking so fast you barely have enough time to think who misunderstands what. And also, watching this on weekly basis is another big part of the problem, this anime would be better to watch in close sucession. Have the similiar problem with Tsurezure Children too.

Yeah Tsurezure Children is a bit confusing too but at least all the couples there have unique something in their relations and after 30 seconds or so in their skit, I remember which couple is on and their relationship.
Aug 24, 2017 9:43 PM

May 2017
@scruffykiwi @G_Spark233

want to bet, this is still volumen 2?
Aug 24, 2017 9:45 PM

Sep 2011
RandomCritic said:
@scruffykiwi @G_Spark233

want to bet, this is still volumen 2?

Confused Translations has translated volume 2 and is now working on volume 3. You can find it online if you search.
Aug 24, 2017 9:55 PM

Dec 2013
RandomCritic said:
@scruffykiwi @G_Spark233

want to bet, this is still volume 2?

Try looking it up. This is definitely volume 3 material.
Aug 24, 2017 9:58 PM

May 2017
@scruffykiwi
@G_Spark233

~cracks fingers~ alright here we go.

The translation of volumen 2 has been out for many months out and volumen 3 was out last month. I read it thanks to a friend of mine who gave me the link to it.

First of all volume 2's first part covers the confession and the date of tendou and amano plus other details taken off for the anime's time limit.

Then the second part of Volume 2 covers this:

And that's how the cookie crumbles.
The misunderstanding gets solved by volume 3 but... with sacrificed.
And so far the mentions for volume 2 has not appeared yet in the anime so like I said, the anime is currently still at volume 2.
ThatRandomDudeAug 24, 2017 10:02 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

320 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.