Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 25, 2017 9:54 AM

Mar 2013
SaigoKensei said:
FinalFlash18 said:

No, she asked Urachi to not conduct any investigation on her for a month until their appointment, when she called him in the office before. He complied to her wishes and their meeting was just about to happen but Kei changed the changed it by a reset. So she ran away from their appointment.
But it doesn't matter since some time has already passed and it's irrelevant to our main topic now I've realized what's going on.

You're right. I mixed up the Timeline in my head and realized it. So the post you quoted was already deleted. xD

But the part about his notebook is still true.

Lol.
And yeah, I know about his notebook.
Ah... so that's how they recognized her before their appointment! I see I see. Makes sense lol. The anime does a really poor job on the explanation, I tell you lmao.
Well, thanks for all the answers and efforts. I can finally rest in peace now XD
Aug 25, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2016
FinalFlash18 said:
SaigoKensei said:

Souma's copy left Kei's place after basically suggesting he use the photo again to speak to the third Souma just to use her ability and was suppose to meet up with Urachi again at the cafe but ran away instead. The whole time she's avoiding Urachi, Kei's re enacting Souma's revival, only he's not taking this one out of the picture (because then we'd have two Souma copies) so he didn't need Murase this time.

I don't remember this scene. When did it happen? It was shown as a flashback so I assume when they sat down for curry after the whole shower drama?
She wasn't supposed to meet up with Urachi since she lost her ability (the curry episode). Besides she doesn't have any umbrella and her bag with her.

The reset happened just the time before she planned to meet Urachi for their first appointment, like she promised on the phone. But how come they recognized her and chased after her is the question here.

They explained the idea that she was recognized with surveillance. I'm not sure if they meant tech or an ability user, but I assume the latter. And yes, I think she said that to Kei during the curry scene but they didn't show us? Feels a little like a retcon, but they've used a retcon before. I think that's where I got a little lost.

In my head, he used a day to leave Sakurada and come back then got the old Haruki to reset. So Souma got her ability back (or never lost it, to be precise) and saw things had changed so she ran instead of meeting him to cause those incidents and Kei used the second photo instead of doing all of those task messages that the real Souma from two years ago sent to him.

See, now I'm all cleared up too. I never rewatch anything sooner than a year later, so I can forget things. xD
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Aug 25, 2017 10:02 AM

Mar 2013
SaigoKensei said:
FinalFlash18 said:

I don't remember this scene. When did it happen? It was shown as a flashback so I assume when they sat down for curry after the whole shower drama?
She wasn't supposed to meet up with Urachi since she lost her ability (the curry episode). Besides she doesn't have any umbrella and her bag with her.

The reset happened just the time before she planned to meet Urachi for their first appointment, like she promised on the phone. But how come they recognized her and chased after her is the question here.

They explained the idea that she was recognized with surveillance. I'm not sure if they meant tech or an ability user, but I assume the latter. And yes, I think she said that to Kei during the curry scene but they didn't show us? Feels a little like a retcon, but they've used a retcon before. I think that's where I got a little lost.

In my head, he used a day to leave Sakurada and come back then got the old Haruki to reset. So Souma got her ability back (or never lost it, to be precise) and saw things had changed so she ran instead of meeting him to cause those incidents and Kei used the second photo instead of doing all of those task messages that the real Souma from two years ago sent to him.

See, now I'm all cleared up too. I never rewatch anything sooner than a year later, so I can forget things. xD

I already got answer to my question in the comment above yours lol.
I was wondering how the bureau chased after her before the appointment since they don't know who's the second witch supposed to be, but with his notebook, it makes all sense, haha.
Aug 25, 2017 8:32 PM
Jul 2017
SaigoKensei said:
Ehhh, another plothole when she receives messages this time but supposedly not at 6 o' clock the day she was brought from the picture. Especially since messenger doesn't know of the swampman.

I'm glad he's actually doing something for the girl that's lived and died for him this entire series.

Finding out Souma's had her ability since nearly the moment she was born makes her character even more tragic. Especially after getting a glimpse of what she goes through every time she speaks to anyone thanks to Kei's use of her ability.
My understanding was that they manifested their abilities later in life, but apparently not her. My reason for thinking this is that Ukawa doesn't look 5 years old to me.

If Sakurada keeps its abilities for some reason, I hope Souma loses hers permanently.

The ability itself recognizes Kei's intent to give the message to the second Soma, and so the ability was able to send it to the right person, even if the ability user doesn't know who the recipient is. The ability itself is the one that knows, not the messenger.
Aug 26, 2017 8:52 AM

Jul 2014
FinalFlash18 said:
SaigoKensei said:

I already got answer to my question in the comment above yours lol.
I was wondering how the bureau chased after her before the appointment since they don't know who's the second witch supposed to be, but with his notebook, it makes all sense, haha.

Hmmm after all your posts I clarified almost all my doubts xD but I've got a question about the time of this episode; as far as I can tell, the events of this episode happen on Sunday night, the 22nd of October, right after the school festival, and after a reset (25th of October). Even the messenger guy says that it's the night of the school festival and Kei replied that it was 3 days ago for him (25-22).

However, the splash screen at the beginning where Soma is walking down the street to meet Urachi says "October 24th, Tuesday, 2nd time" (1st time were the shower and curry events). Why 24? This has an explanation or something?
SkyLETVAug 26, 2017 9:23 AM
Aug 26, 2017 9:09 AM
Aug 2017
I'm waiting for episode 22!!!! Gah!!! It's taking long than ever thought!!!!
Aug 26, 2017 9:54 AM
Aug 2017
Good thing I didn't drop it!!!
Aug 26, 2017 10:34 AM

Aug 2016
anonimus_opinion said:
SaigoKensei said:
Ehhh, another plothole when she receives messages this time but supposedly not at 6 o' clock the day she was brought from the picture. Especially since messenger doesn't know of the swampman.

I'm glad he's actually doing something for the girl that's lived and died for him this entire series.

Finding out Souma's had her ability since nearly the moment she was born makes her character even more tragic. Especially after getting a glimpse of what she goes through every time she speaks to anyone thanks to Kei's use of her ability.
My understanding was that they manifested their abilities later in life, but apparently not her. My reason for thinking this is that Ukawa doesn't look 5 years old to me.

If Sakurada keeps its abilities for some reason, I hope Souma loses hers permanently.

The ability itself recognizes Kei's intent to give the message to the second Soma, and so the ability was able to send it to the right person, even if the ability user doesn't know who the recipient is. The ability itself is the one that knows, not the messenger.

I haven't gone back to verify the explanation of his ability, but I haven't seen a single instance of the recipient being someone the messenger hadn't at least seen in person. Not that I think seeing them is a requirement, but if he's seen them, he's obviously aware of them.

My understanding is that messenger directs the call. Someone else on a disqus I follow prosed the same idea though: that he's the phone and the person is the dialer. But I can't confirm that's the way his ability works, so I see it as a plothole. Even if they didn't explain that his ability works that way and we're expected to assume that's the case, it's still a plothole. Just like those pictures still working after the old man's left Sakurada.
SaigoKensei said:
Aug 26, 2017 9:33 PM

Aug 2016
All I've got left to combat this message plothole is assuming that all of the Souma copies are considered one person and they all received the same message at the same time even though the original and the first copy were considered separate.

That's a viewer having to fabricate an explanation for what just happened because the show wasn't making sense..

All I had to do is watch most of episode 2 in order to confirm that Souma's swampman should not have received that message as the Messenger sends the message AND dials the "number" himself. From what the show has given us, Swampman should have jumped 5 minutes sooner and died without Kei being able to do anything about it from the picture.

SaigoKensei said:
Aug 27, 2017 12:46 AM
Jul 2013
SkyLETV said:
Hmmm after all your posts I clarified almost all my doubts xD but I've got a question about the time of this episode; as far as I can tell, the events of this episode happen on Sunday night, the 22nd of October, right after the school festival, and after a reset (25th of October). Even the messenger guy says that it's the night of the school festival and Kei replied that it was 3 days ago for him (25-22).

However, the splash screen at the beginning where Soma is walking down the street to meet Urachi says "October 24th, Tuesday, 2nd time" (1st time were the shower and curry events). Why 24? This has an explanation or something?

Just a anime staff's mistake.
The original author and the director already noticed so I think it will be fixed in the physical release.
https://twitter.com/konoyutaka/status/901100548992016385
https://twitter.com/dekopongas/status/900396989501718529
Aug 27, 2017 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
Kamieichi said:
SkyLETV said:

Just a anime staff's mistake.
The original author and the director already noticed so I think it will be fixed in the physical release.
https://twitter.com/konoyutaka/status/901100548992016385
https://twitter.com/dekopongas/status/900396989501718529
Thank you for the info, it was driving me nuts xD
Aug 27, 2017 12:00 PM

Aug 2016
A mistake? I am wondering what the director and all the staff must be thinking... After watching Shirobako, I sometimes ponder over these things ...
Sep 1, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2013
Galaxy__ said:
i laugh at everybody who dropped this show.

indeed, i didnt like the start much but i could tell this had a lot of potential, just from looking at what the story was, using abilities and resets and stuff =D

this second half has been great, and i wanna see what happens at the end now =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 20, 2017 3:06 AM

Jan 2014
my head going to explode...

first, I want to know how Urachi can find Soma? did he put some gps tracking on her or what? oh wait, Urachi order Kagaya to tail her, didn't he?

second, kei and the others running experiment with Soma powers, did he just searching the best future possibilities for Soma and the others in 10 minutes?

third, it'a a good thing Soma (Swampman) didn't tell what Kei do to reset.
Oct 24, 2017 5:36 PM

Oct 2012
Am I the only one who sees Kei's willingness to risk Souma's life (well they say righteousness) as problematic? The scene where she asked her to jump was way too much for me to not see him as a villain.
Well, if anything it would be probably a lot better if Urachi pushed her down to thwart his plans.

And I also found his attempt to forsee everything while taliking to Haruki as almost impossible. He wasn't born with that ability it would take a lot of time for him to even synchonize and find out how to use it.
Not to mention that simple miss-step in his directions could lead to totally different future (but he probably chose the right words for her to do things right... but still).

He was basically sending Souma away even though he had to learn of her feelings (and of Haruki's feelings yet he was okay with it doing nothing). If that's isn't cruel than I don't think what else is.
Apr 4, 2019 7:21 AM

Aug 2009
This arc has been going non stop and it feels great. All the buildup was definitely worth it.
May 4, 2022 1:49 PM

Jan 2020
For someone who has already chosen Haruki, Kei certainly is adamant about ensuring Sumire's peaceful lifestyle as well. That's probably my biggest complaint about all this. If he's unwilling to give her what she wants, then I don't particularly think he has a right to kick and scream about what she does next. It's her life, not his.

That being said, the ending of this series really is a lot more engaging. This is more of what I thought it would be when I first started.

It looks like Kei was mostly ensuring Sumire's life will be safe? And potentially her ability? So, I'm not sure if he even has a plan in place at the moment to combat Urachi's?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 30, 2022 2:08 PM

Mar 2019
This is the Kei I love! That was such an amazing plan. Talking to Seika did help Misora in the end, being able to come up with meaningless talk, or at least that's what I like to believe.

I'm so happy Kei saw that future and told Sumire not to jump. And then that fall, what she said while falling gave me chills, how the only 2 people who can do that are herself and Kei. I wonder if he was searching for a future where they win and that's why Sumire kept "refreshing" her ability.

The OSTs in this are honestly good, they are a great addition to these episodes.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.