Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 24, 2017 12:13 PM

Nov 2011
Hilarious episode. Plus we got to see the babes in Bikinis. Win Win.
Horikita in that Swimsuit. Gahh the best. Everyone else is just over done with big ass titties. Although I did like Sakura's swim attire lol Her little playfulness at the end was cute

I feel as though this episode proved that Ayanokoji is somewhat interesting in Horikita.

That Horikita smile at the end. <333

That 20mil points picture in the middle of the episode...probably important lol.
SoraSenpaiAug 24, 2017 12:29 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 24, 2017 12:43 PM

Oct 2014
Worst episode. Didn't bring anything new to plot, only fanservice. Previous episodes had good atmosphere and now. Wtf? What was even that speech?
Aug 24, 2017 12:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
HollowIchigo58 said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

with obligatory fanservice unfortunately comes obligatory whining
Exactly, I see that all over the place, its what the hell do you expect.

whotf watches an anime full of beautiful girls with big boobs with sexy promotional art and says:

"i wasn't expecting this anime to have a fanservice episode"

how many anime have these people seen???? 10????
Aug 24, 2017 1:17 PM

Jan 2016
OVA type episode but I liked it, Horikta genuinely smiled at the end which was nice to see
Aug 24, 2017 2:25 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
From my perspective, they wasted one spot of the animation in the adaptation of the useless 4.5. It was better to progress in the story. Do you think that this is going to get a second season? Are you entirely sure of that? I don't believe so, and if it receives a second season will be after some time. This episode only shows us that they were planning in just boosting sales. It won't surprise me if this adaptation ends abruptly.

Aug 24, 2017 3:29 PM

Jan 2008
Best episode. Needs more episodes like this.
Aug 24, 2017 3:52 PM

Jun 2017
I had a feeling that we wouldn't go into a new arc right away after last weeks episode so I am not even disappointed with this one. Airi showed us why she is the best girl too bad Kiyotaka barely had any reaction to it.

Opening scene was hilarious with Suzune lol. What a tsundere, she clearly had fun at the end lmao.
Aug 24, 2017 4:34 PM
Feb 2017
i dont mind the occasional fan service (yea every anime should have at least 1 episode of fanservice).
i like Sakayanagi
i love Sakayanagi
i need Sakayanagi
Aug 24, 2017 5:00 PM

Jun 2017
Neko_96 said:
MomoSinX said:
I had a feeling that we wouldn't go into a new arc right away after last weeks episode so I am not even disappointed with this one. Airi showed us why she is the best girl too bad Kiyotaka barely had any reaction to it.

Opening scene was hilarious with Suzune lol. What a tsundere, she clearly had fun at the end lmao.

tsundere?she is kuudere,isnt tsundere lmao

But she literally stabbed Kiyotaka eariler, that doesn't scream kuudere for me lol.
Aug 24, 2017 5:20 PM

Mar 2014
I've waited 1 week to see the next ep and got that bs fanservice -.-"
Out of placement...that's for sure.
Aug 24, 2017 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
really hoping this goes past 13 eps
Aug 24, 2017 6:31 PM
Aug 2015
I think this is the weakest episode so far.. the Fanservice was ok, but the plan was just stupid.. If I were one of the guys, i would leave the group as soon as they started the operation lol.. At least there is a scene that makes me laugh - that scene when Horikita said that she couldn't read Ike & Yamauchi's mind that sometimes she saw them as a same person xD

2/5
renzosparkAug 24, 2017 6:39 PM
Aug 24, 2017 6:47 PM
May 2013
and tha, ladies and gentlemen, is how you ruin a good series.

0/10

dropped
Aug 24, 2017 8:21 PM

May 2015
not much sakura </3

Aug 24, 2017 8:48 PM
Apr 2017
This show is the worst show I am watching this season, i have no idea why im still watching this
Aug 24, 2017 11:29 PM

Apr 2011
plot: 2/10
"plot" : 10/10

Aug 24, 2017 11:42 PM

Jan 2017
Man, seeing all the people shipping Horikita with Ayanokoji is funny since they don't have that type of interest in each other....maybe in the anime they will since this now is practically original and can't be considered an adaptation anymore(author also doesn't have a say on the anime )

A shame that they're giving the spotlight of the other heroines to Horikita, best thing to do is forget about it and hope that they don't screw with volume 3.

Also, the japanese fandom of Youkoso is angry as fuck right now! If you go to the Youkoso twitter, you'll see almost everyone cursing the studio and especially the director, saying that he just wants to fap to Horikita lol
CrimsonTomeAug 25, 2017 1:44 AM
Aug 25, 2017 12:01 AM

Jan 2016
CloudACC said:
Man, seeing all the people shipping Horikita with Ayanokoji is funny since they don't have that type of interest in each other....maybe in the they will since this now is practically original and can't be considered an adaptation anymore(author also doesn't have a say on the )

A shame that they're giving the spotlight of the other heroines to Horikita, best thing to do is forget about it and hope that they don't screw with volume 3.

Also, the japanese fandom of Youkoso is angry as fuck right now! If you go to the Youkoso twitter, you'll see almost everyone cursing the studio and especially the director, saying that he just wants to fap to Horikita lol
I'm thinking that there's a high possibility that they will skip volume 3 and 4 and go straight to volume 5 since we can see now how the adaptation is no longer follow the LN much anymore also seeing that the focus on arisu a lot in the anime.
Aug 25, 2017 1:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Utterly disappointed for this is by far the worst episode of the season and that too by quite a comprehensive margin. 2/5..
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 25, 2017 3:28 AM

Sep 2016
CloudACC said:
Man, seeing all the people shipping Horikita with Ayanokoji is funny since they don't have that type of interest in each other....maybe in the anime they will since this now is practically original and can't be considered an adaptation anymore(author also doesn't have a say on the anime )

I don't blame them. XD
Aug 25, 2017 4:57 AM

Apr 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:
zyke said:
Ive seen plenty of large breasts in my life time. Just not 16 years old girls with double d's.

Well they exist and this is anime, it doesn't have to be realistic and shouldn't be

Ever seen ppl w eyes that big? Or natural hair being blue, green, purple, actual red? Why don't you complain about those things???

Why is it suddenly a problem the instant it's sexual??

Besides large breasts being unattractive, i have no problem with them. Only reason i even bothered to reply was because you shot down the guys statement about them having unnaturally large breasts, which they do have. Now you say it doesnt matter because its anime. Make up your mind.

Also, so far every episode has been good and interesting, but now we only got 22 minutes of fanservice bs.

Aug 25, 2017 7:11 AM

Aug 2017
Man oh man... This is really disappointing.

- No hinting / mention about the last moment plot in previous episode. It doesn't need to be a topic, but they completely ignore it for a full OVA-worth filler.
- The peeping operation went from funny to cringe really fast. I think this episode try to have a serious comedy yet fail miserably and out of place.
- Somehow most of character feels out of character except MC, Ichinose and Sakura.
- Unnecessary exposition about the situation in the end. Like, Dude, we're not that dumb. Even when you watch this while doing your bussiness, you can still know what's going on.
- That president jump. Does he have parkour ability?

The things I like in this episode is Sakura, and Horikita in the end. Best character depiction (Sakura in rash guard really surprise me) and character development so far, yet it just something small.

2/5
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Aug 25, 2017 7:20 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
zyke said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

Well they exist and this is anime, it doesn't have to be realistic and shouldn't be

Ever seen ppl w eyes that big? Or natural hair being blue, green, purple, actual red? Why don't you complain about those things???

Why is it suddenly a problem the instant it's sexual??

Besides large breasts being unattractive, i have no problem with them. Only reason i even bothered to reply was because you shot down the guys statement about them having unnaturally large breasts, which they do have. Now you say it doesnt matter because its anime. Make up your mind.

Also, so far every episode has been good and interesting, but now we only got 22 minutes of fanservice bs.

large breasts are unattractive? boi if you don't get...

im saying that girls with breasts that big who are in their teens do infact exist, but that it shouldn't matter even if not cause its anime, therefore fiction full of idealized perfect characters

so why haven't you complained about the size of their eyes?

yes, and the fanservice is good and interesting too, did you really watch this show full of girls with big boobs and not expect a fanservice episode? why watch an anime full of intentionally beautiful girls if you're gonna complain about fanservice?
Aug 25, 2017 8:55 AM
May 2011
Tokoya said:
HereticHunter said:

I feel like only you and me actually enjoyed this episode, lot of people are complaining for a single fanservice episode for an anime that already have shown fanservice before
Every school based show has a beach-ish episode too, so I dunno why people are surprised

If anything we can all take away the fact that this brought Horikita a bit closer to the main group as well as to further express how Class D will not stand by and be pushed around

lol seriously... because had they been caught they probably would've been "pushed" outta the school anyways. Why the fuck would they pull a stunt immediately after Sudo's case.
Aug 25, 2017 9:13 AM
May 2011
LOL bro who the fucks write this shit...
so after a massive nod that ayanokoji might be some sort of lab rat man made genius or some shit they do a cliffhanger then a pool episode.

... A POOL EPISODE....
A POOL EPISODE?!?!?! REALLY I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS STILL 2006
we still do filler in 12 episode anime in 2017. This keeps trying to act like its such a smart show when really all the conflict were dealt with super easily within minutes.

> bought sudo's grades to past
>put fake camera's in hallway..

It took 7 episodes to get here yet baka and test and oregairu do more in less than 3.

and what the fuck was up with those giant wall of texts for those character synopsis's.

this show is a legit 5/10
pain painstakingly average.
Aug 25, 2017 9:17 AM
May 2011
EcchiKingMamster said:
zyke said:

im saying that girls with breasts that big who are in their teens do infact exist, but that it shouldn't matter even if not cause its anime, therefore fiction full of idealized perfect characters

yes, and the fanservice is good and interesting too, did you really watch this show full of girls with big boobs and not expect a fanservice episode? why watch an anime full of intentionally beautiful girls if you're gonna complain about fanservice?

lol autism at its pure finest
Aug 25, 2017 9:38 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@b1051211

What an argument, first making fun of people with a mental condition then targetimg someone who doesn't have it cause you have no response

That's assuming you meant me, altho that's still silly to say

The only retarded things going on in this thread is all the cry baby bullshit

anyway, to put some more light into this thread, Ichinose now has a figurine, and Kushida has an official dakimakura.. i'll definitely be copping both
EcchiGodMamsterAug 25, 2017 11:32 AM
Aug 25, 2017 11:47 AM

Sep 2015
Look I won't turn my nose up at fan service. But you don't have to impress me show. I'm actually watching because I think your plot is halfway decent. Not all the titty monsters you got up in there. And this episode was a fan service heavy waste of time. A filler if such a show can be said to have one. Still it had a few good points as well. I liked for instance how most of the episode was spent on Operation Peeping Tom or whatever. Which with the music ques and hand signals and everything was a rather funny distraction. And they crammed all the character types playing at the pool moe into the last thirty seconds.

I also liked how there was a twist. Set up in the first scene of the episode too. This show can be pretty clever at withholding information. Even in episodes like this where it doesn't matter. And I liked that Horikita was the narrator this time that was different. I'm just impatient. Cause they REALLY have me hooked on why Kushida's so crazy. And have barely touched on it since it was introduced. I want more on Ayanokoji's background too.
SubscriberSunAug 25, 2017 11:51 AM
Aug 25, 2017 12:38 PM
Feb 2015
I came here for the salty tears of LN readers and was not disappointed. Thank you. Thank you so much.
Aug 25, 2017 12:43 PM

Jan 2017
RaiZero said:
CloudACC said:
Man, seeing all the people shipping Horikita with Ayanokoji is funny since they don't have that type of interest in each other....maybe in the they will since this now is practically original and can't be considered an adaptation anymore(author also doesn't have a say on the )

I'm thinking that there's a high possibility that they will skip volume 3 and 4 and go straight to volume 5 since we can see now how the adaptation is no longer follow the LN much anymore also seeing that the focus on arisu a lot in the anime.

From what some people in anime Suki said, they'll adapt volume 3, also regarding arisu... giving her more screen time is the only thing I look forward on this ''adaptation'' now(and to see how they'll handle the next arc...hope that they don't scre up now)
Aug 25, 2017 12:45 PM

Jan 2017
Greninja_170 said:
CloudACC said:

I don't blame them. XD

Nobody can blame them, the studio is practically shitting on the source material I really fell bad for the author of the novel, if they did this with my work I would be angry as fuck,it's just like what Pierrot did to Tokyo Ghoul(the anime is cool and all but if we compare it to the manga ...it''s bad)
CrimsonTomeAug 25, 2017 12:56 PM
Aug 25, 2017 12:54 PM

Jan 2017
b1051211 said:
LOL bro who the fucks write this shit...
so after a massive nod that ayanokoji might be some sort of lab rat man made genius or some shit they do a cliffhanger then a pool episode.

... A POOL EPISODE....
A POOL EPISODE?!?!?! REALLY I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS STILL 2006
we still do filler in 12 episode anime in 2017. This keeps trying to act like its such a smart show when really all the conflict were dealt with super easily within minutes.

> bought sudo's grades to past
>put fake camera's in hallway..

It took 7 episodes to get here yet baka and test and oregairu do more in less than 3.

and what the fuck was up with those giant wall of texts for those character synopsis's.

this show is a legit 5/10
pain painstakingly average.

As a novel reader I was hyped as fuck for the anime, till episode 5 it was being pretty cool(if we ignore a ton of things that they cut or changed) it was being a 7/10 for me as an adaptation, but since they replaced Ichinose with Horikita in the conversation with the class C guys in the stairs and now adapting volume 4.5 and again replacing one of the most important heroines in fuuture volumes and the girl who Ayanokoji trusts the most with Horikita made me drop the rating to 5 too, I just want to see how they'll handle the next arc, if they don't screw up and stop shoehorning Horikita in the place of other heroines then I'll rate this show a 7/10 again.
Aug 25, 2017 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
Ah, the pool episode. In addition to pure fanservice, it provided ample opportunities to consider various physical properties of the cast. It didn't occur to me before, but Horikita has an incredibly well-balanced body, particularly considering the rest of the lot. Or Ichinose. If only Horikita had a slightly better personality...

The peeping (or illegal surveillance) plot was amusing. Argos 4 was the MVP, making use of the situation to lure Horikita to the pool. The student council president knows how to enter the scene in style as well.
Aug 25, 2017 8:25 PM

Mar 2015
That was a waste of an episode. Not happy that they did it.
Aug 25, 2017 9:44 PM

Apr 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:
zyke said:

I dont mind a little fan servive, but full episode of pointless shit? Nah.
Aug 25, 2017 11:22 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
zyke said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

I dont mind a little fan servive, but full episode of pointless shit? Nah.

theres nothing pointless about admiring the cast in bikinis for a full episode bruh.. sometimes its go big or go home, and even then, there really wasn't that much
Aug 25, 2017 11:48 PM

Apr 2016
People bitching about how terrible this episode because of "fanservice" and "content changes"...

...while I'm here happy to see more Arisu. :v

Anyway, though it's kind of a bummer that this episode was inserted after that end scene last week, I have no complaints whatsoever as I still somehow enjoyed this "filler" of an episode I guess. I don't despise fanservice at all and the girls in this anime are hot too so they all look good in swimsuits. Too bad Sakura didn't wear the same. Well, at least she looked cute when she submerged after splashing Ayanokouji. XD

Regarding with the content changes, I still trust Lerche that they will do the characterization of Karuizawa Kei in the next or remaining episodes. I find it weird on the way the anime introduced Kei and Yuusuke in this episode. I just hope that is not everything that they're going to show about Kei.

So with only 5 or 6 episodes left (I don't think this will be a 2-cour anime due to insufficient content), I'm guessing they will end in either volume 3 or 4 of the LN... I hope so and I hope they don't rush things... especially the important ones.
Aug 26, 2017 4:59 AM

Aug 2016
After the last episode I was so hyped about knowing more things about the main character...
But I've been disappointed. This episode was soooo boring... It looks like an extra, just for fanservice, and to show some perverts.

But I'm curious to see the next episode. I hope it will give us some information about Ayanokôji.=D
Aug 26, 2017 6:56 AM
Jun 2016
Well this was disappointing. I don't mind fanservice episodes much nor do I not mind more lighthearted ones much after serious ones, but this was pretty dumb to me. Not to mention that this felt like the worst time to make this kind of episode, and not just due to the ending of the last one and that this is only 12-13 or whatever episodes long from what I've heard, but did we not just go through the process of proving Sudoh that he is not the only one at fault for the ruckus that nearly got him expelled and the rest of the class in trouble? Then he goes along with a stupid plan like this, which can also get them expelled... ? It's like they didn't learn anything at all. I don't like it.
Aug 26, 2017 7:02 AM
Jan 2017
Disappointed, they changed too much.
Looks like Karuizawa's story won't start and her role will be all replaced by Horikita.
So... Youkoso Horikita shijou no anime e.
Aug 26, 2017 9:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
b1051211 said:
Tokoya said:
Every school based show has a beach-ish episode too, so I dunno why people are surprised

If anything we can all take away the fact that this brought Horikita a bit closer to the main group as well as to further express how Class D will not stand by and be pushed around

lol seriously... because had they been caught they probably would've been "pushed" outta the school anyways. Why the fuck would they pull a stunt immediately after Sudo's case.
Because you need to make a statement/stand up for yourself if you want bullies like those guys to leave you the fuck alone and treat you with respect

Why submit and hide your tail in between your legs when clearly you all have what it takes to fight back?
Aug 26, 2017 9:25 AM

Jun 2014
Couldn't really get into the episode. The second-half was much better though. And Sakura-san a cute!
Aug 26, 2017 10:43 AM
Oct 2013
Tbh this episode is bad for most of people because all those previous episodes gave us expectations for more. But this episode main point is just to stop those guys to peep and their process are long af and WAY TOO MUCH fan services that makes this episode bad...But this episode is an ok from me
Aug 26, 2017 12:05 PM

Sep 2016
Eeeh, I don't really know how to feel about this episode. It's okay, but I find it unnecessary. Not that I mind this type of stuff, but it just felt off. Well, that's just me. Hopefully it gets better than this for me, like the previous episodes have been.
Aug 26, 2017 8:01 PM

Sep 2015
So a typical but funny filler episode I assume.
Aug 27, 2017 3:36 AM

Oct 2008
okay pool episode and lots of 2 piece Bikini...
but do the boys really have to resort on recording peeping stuff? is that their source for fapping? don't they have net to just surf for pr0n or buy JAV? or their location is an isolated island with controlled network media?!?
4/5.

Aug 27, 2017 5:14 AM
Jul 2017
In the latest development in the novel Karuizawa is more of being the heroine than Horikita, but it is the other way round here. Somehow the director decided to let Horikita takes Karuizawa's part, and nullifying character development that is suppose to happen later in plot by inserting this episode from volume 4.5 to between volume 2 and 3. I am dare to say that this episode is a good indication that this anime adaptation is heading towards its own original route (if not even original ending) and there is probably no plan for a second season. Call me pessimistic, but this episode is nowhere near being a good sign.
wilfangAug 27, 2017 5:24 AM
Aug 28, 2017 8:29 PM
Apr 2014
wilfang said:
In the latest development in the novel Karuizawa is more of being the heroine than Horikita, but it is the other way round here. Somehow the director decided to let Horikita takes Karuizawa's part, and nullifying character development that is suppose to happen later in plot by inserting this episode from volume 4.5 to between volume 2 and 3. I am dare to say that this episode is a good indication that this anime adaptation is heading towards its own original route (if not even original ending) and there is probably no plan for a second season. Call me pessimistic, but this episode is nowhere near being a good sign.

Don't just read the spoiler buddy, play the rules stated in the first page.

why havent i seen someone get banned from posting some spoilers? even the post they made hasnt been deleted yet
Aug 29, 2017 7:14 PM

Jun 2007
such a garbage episode. cringy and unbelievably stupid. the cherry on that pile of bullshit is dat council president's holy jump. why aren't his goddam ugly anime legs broken, de gozaru? this ep gives the anime few more genres: "attempted desperate comedy", "the plot can wait, the pool can not" and "super seito-kaichou power". what's next? horikita turns into vampire?
see you, space cowperson . . .
Aug 31, 2017 8:19 AM

May 2009
Fanservice, The Episode.
Oh but there was a speech about Class D wanting to become Class A so it was important to the plot!!

.......NO.
Wish I skipped this one honestly. Bummer that anime companies have to include such garbage fanservice for the "Waifu" and "Best girl" discussion instead of focusing on making the story rememberable. I am going to be even more bummed out if there isn't enough time left to tell the whole story knowing this episode even exists.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Apr 14

2 by Theo1899 »»
Apr 14, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

524 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.