Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2010 4:33 AM

Jun 2009
This was suprisingly good. I lol'ed har few times, like "daphnia". xD
Looking forward to next episode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 7, 2010 5:31 AM

Jul 2009
ROFL!!!
Not a LOLICON!!!

Mar 7, 2010 6:13 AM

Mar 2009
Kawaii~~!!
Mokyuu♥~!!

Mar 7, 2010 6:39 AM

Feb 2010
dragafire said:
Jumperboy333 said:
This looks like a promising slice of life comedy! I can't wait for the subs.
Every anime with ''!'' marks seem to be awesome this season.
Working!!
K-ON!!
Angel Beats!
( ゚▽゚)

dont forget
Durarara!!
Ladies versus Butlers!
Chu-Bra!!
--------------------------------------------
does anybody know whos subbing?

Those last two are fail especially chu bra!

And yay this is mai new K-on! till K-on!! comes out of course!
Mar 7, 2010 6:42 AM

Mar 2008
Wasn't expecting to be pleased so much :]
Mar 7, 2010 7:02 AM

Dec 2007
This anime is awesome. I smiled through the whole episode. Sanji/Shizuo is the best character.
Mar 7, 2010 7:36 AM

Mar 2009
Great start!! I wasn't sure if this show would work, but it totally does. The mash of characters is perfect, seems like a show I'll really enjoy. Can't wait for the Season to start!!! Urahara Out!!
Mar 7, 2010 8:19 AM

Jan 2010
Hideyoshilover said:
dragafire said:
Jumperboy333 said:
This looks like a promising slice of life comedy! I can't wait for the subs.
Every anime with ''!'' marks seem to be awesome this season.
Working!!
K-ON!!
Angel Beats!
( ゚▽゚)

dont forget
Durarara!!
Ladies versus Butlers!
Chu-Bra!!
--------------------------------------------
does anybody know whos subbing?

Those last two are fail especially chu bra!

And yay this is mai new K-on! till K-on!! comes out of course!

But Ladies vs Butlers is health care material D8
Mar 7, 2010 8:37 AM
Jun 2008
When Inami said Takanashi have "weopon"...Could it be Takanashi's XXX hahahha

Well, i am reading the manga and its fabulous ^^ but i will watch anime first then read manga.
MorningGloryMar 7, 2010 8:48 AM
Mar 7, 2010 8:50 AM

Aug 2009
I gotta say I really enjoyed it. The characters are varied enough to be entertaining and the slice-of-life feeling is really great.

Gotta love Satou being a "minicon"!

Unfortunately no more working!! in a month
Mar 7, 2010 9:02 AM

May 2009
Souta is sooooo a minicon. LOL.
ArcticMechMar 7, 2010 9:33 AM
Mar 7, 2010 9:24 AM
Dec 2008
why is this released so much earlier than others????

wasnt it supposed to air starting in april???
Mar 7, 2010 9:31 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, that was a great episode. Loving the manager. XD
Mar 7, 2010 10:28 AM

Jan 2008
Better than I thought it would be. The characters are all likeable so far and the manager reminds me of Nobue-Oneesama from Ichigo Mashimaro.
Mar 7, 2010 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
The loli (my, her name was quite the ridiculous one) really reminded me of Lisa from Blacksmith.. INCLUDING the ears. Oh well, she is sweet, I had to say it.
Not that enthusiastic about the androphobic girl though.. seeing as every episode will probably include a scene where she punches Taka in the face. Mah. And we all know stuff like that gets old pretty soon.

I'm looking forward to the OP & ED, hopefully they will be included in the official airing in April. So far not great, but nice if you have some time to waste.
Mar 7, 2010 10:30 AM

Jan 2008
It was generic and bad, as expected
Mar 7, 2010 11:14 AM

Apr 2009
the ending was quite fucking awesome ^_^

liked the ep...
Mar 7, 2010 11:43 AM

Aug 2009
Sounds like fun,absolutely loved ending:D
Mar 7, 2010 11:53 AM
Dec 2007
Moderately average.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 7, 2010 1:16 PM

Mar 2009
Cute, funny, and sweet like some of the food they serve at that family restaurant in Hokkaido. --- Randy
Mar 7, 2010 1:18 PM

Apr 2008
This was a great start. I hope it keeps up the good vibe.
Mar 7, 2010 4:22 PM

Dec 2007
Everyone seems to mention Lelouch, THEN Shizuo and Izaya, but let's not forget that Jun Fukuyama is also Shinra.

Anyway, this looks like this'll be a decent, pleasant show. I wasn't actually planning to pick this up, but I will, now that I've heard the cast.
Mar 7, 2010 4:30 PM

Sep 2008
Really funny ep XD Can't wait for the next :)
They have an interesting cast ^.^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2010 5:00 PM

Oct 2009
Well that was entertaining and some of the jokes worked really well for me....like the old age one=>
and this one=>
. Going to a restaurant like that IRL would be the surprise of my life but Todoroki would scare me off of not paying with that katana of hers and I am almost sure it was her who went to collect the money of those goons that bullied Popura which reminds me that she is the loli of this show.....what bothers me about her is her ponytail.....it cute but vastly big as in volume and a little length=>
. Kyouko has a incredible age complex of being called.....Jun looks someone from One Piece last time I decided to check out some characters.....Inami clearly has a male complex...I have all hope in Takanashi to cure her thing is I got annoyed at people getting his name wrong...it just confused me a little at some times. So it's GIF time but the Working emblem bothers me in them....oh well promotion is promotion I suppose....Based on people's comments the 2 best GIF moments are surely those adn you can't deny that=>

the other ones are of Taneshima since I like her hyper parts=>
Yes you are a lolicon don't deny it Souta after having captured his words here=>
Overall this will be good with K-ON second season....soon watching first season....just got BR of it :P
Wasabi said:
Takanashi is totally not a lolicon... he's just a minicon. Obviously.
Obviously you forgot that logically a minicon likes only things other than humans......he is therefore a lolicon also....read the spoiler part of what he says.
Wasabi said:
I think the character that has left the biggest impression on me so far is the assistant manager. She's just lawlz and full of tricks up her sleeve.
Yeah that I will agree with you and same here.
Wasabi said:
I'm assuming this is one of those pre-release episodes... so when does the anime start to air regularly?

it said 4/4 which I assume 4th month and 4th day........which is a Sunday.
Maximatum99 said:
Oh shit! I got to get back to work! Seriously.
Yeah same here with farming... :P
francismeunierMar 7, 2010 5:04 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 7, 2010 5:09 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Obviously you forgot that logically a minicon likes only things other than humans......he is therefore a lolicon also....read the spoiler part of what he says.

lrn2sarcasm
Mar 7, 2010 5:36 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
what bothers me about her is her ponytail
It is... simply magnificent, and increases the overall cute power level.
Mar 7, 2010 5:40 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

lrn2sarcasm
Yeah ok I will learn it but I don't know you well enough here to assume when you do so...so sry is all I can say.
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:
what bothers me about her is her ponytail
It is... simply magnificent, and increases the overall cute power level.
Yeah but the bother is that is alien to me......in other words not used to it yet...

Mar 7, 2010 6:08 PM

Nov 2008
From watching Popura's ponytail, I almost envision a feeling as groping someone's breasts. The shape and density portrayed seems strangely arousing.

I think I'm alone on that one although my description is exaggerating a bit.
Mar 7, 2010 6:19 PM

Apr 2009
Interesting...
Mar 7, 2010 6:29 PM

Jan 2010
francismeunier said:

Lololol. GO KYOKO!
Mar 7, 2010 6:52 PM

Nov 2007
That was a pretty impressive first episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 7, 2010 7:21 PM

Sep 2009
I wasn't sure on this one but this episode has me convinced. So far this is a must watch for me. A lot funnier than I expected.
Mar 7, 2010 10:52 PM

Jul 2007
I had fun watching this first episode. I liked most of the characters right away.
Kyoko reminds me so much of Nobue from Ichigo Mashimaro.
lol @Takanashi the minicon
TrieMar 7, 2010 10:57 PM
Mar 7, 2010 11:58 PM

Apr 2009
Nakei said:
francismeunier said:

Lololol. GO KYOKO!

What did he ever do to her... Oh right, exist... ┐(-。ー;)┌
Mar 8, 2010 12:19 AM

Oct 2009
ReaperEXE said:
Nakei said:
francismeunier said:

Lololol. GO KYOKO!

What did he ever do to her... Oh right, exist... ┐(-。ー;)┌
He did nothing but you know what? I want to know more what males did to her to make her like that in this series.....but most of all how is Takanashi going to heal her if he can.

Mar 8, 2010 1:20 AM
Jun 2008
Nakei said:
francismeunier said:

Lololol. GO KYOKO!
I thought she is Inami....nvm.She scare Takahashi because he is male and male has weapon that girl can't resist.Have you notice how she can work with the two cook without problem(this episode didn't show but you can assume)
Mar 8, 2010 2:05 AM

Feb 2008
that chick looks like a squirl. this looks entertaining. so ill bump it up on the list.
Mar 8, 2010 2:31 AM
Jan 2010
Perplex said:
Better than I thought it would be. The characters are all likeable so far and the manager reminds me of Nobue-Oneesama from Ichigo Mashimaro.

lol strangely that's what I thought as well she does have similar look as nobue
shen2001Mar 8, 2010 2:35 AM
Mar 8, 2010 3:42 AM

May 2009
Am I the only one who is reminded off Azumanga Daioh?
Mar 8, 2010 5:30 AM

May 2008
It's a cute little slice of life and I'm really enjoying it so I keep watching!!
Mar 8, 2010 9:05 AM

Feb 2008
Not a bad anime. I need some Comedy and Slice of life.

Btw, their hair colors of the character are different. Like it glows or something. But yeah, it worth sticking this out.
Mar 8, 2010 10:01 AM

Jun 2009
-Shini- said:
Not a bad anime. I need some Comedy and Slice of life.

Btw, their hair colors of the character are different. Like it glows or something. But yeah, it worth sticking this out.

Watch 'Aria', one of the best Slice of Life/Comedy serie ;).

Am I the only one who is reminded off REC?
Mar 8, 2010 10:10 AM

Aug 2008
Kana Asumi does it again!, man its hard for her NOT to play an adorable character! definite watch!

And her ponytail? it just adds to her overall fluffiness level!

Mar 8, 2010 10:37 AM

Jan 2009
What the crap?
Uh.. Why did I decide to watch this? Oh right, guess that was because it said Fukuyama Jun behind the main guy ^^; Hey, he's good, really! : O Really strange dude he's making the voice for though >.>
And Ono Daisuke as well, my only two reasons for watching this, probably, since it doesn't really seem interesting xD..
Oh well, we'll see whether this becomes worth to watch later or not. : |
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 8, 2010 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
My first impression of the first episode was that it was a pretty cool show. Just another cute girl comedy show that I can watch in peace. I will admit, I hadn't even heard of this show until I went and watched the first episode, so I suppose it's mostly my fault for not knowing what was going to happen, but anyway...

I got a bit worried when a main guy was introduced, but I figured it would just be a funny little harem instead. I believe it was around the time that the manager started beating up those guys who harassed the main girl that I realized the show wasn't going to be an enjoyable cliche harem comedy, but instead an unenjoyable cliche harem comedy, but I still had hope!

Until of course we got the initially weak-appearing shy girl who beats the crap out of the main guy. That's when I realized that this show would never have any redeeming qualities and that I had to alert the internet as soon as possible of how much I dislike it.

Now, I have no problem with other people who do enjoy this show, lord only knows what kinds of horrible things I've enjoyed that even the people who enjoy THIS show would hate. But I just can't stand to see another anime that tries to pass itself off as a comedy because it has violent female characters.

Now I know what you may be thinking, "Uniju, are you saying that men are allowed to be violent but not women?", well no I'm not saying that. But the kinds of violent female characters that you see in these shows always seem to give off one of two messages; either that it is unusual for women to be strong and as such absolutely hilarious when you see a women that is strong, or that women are all animalistic barbarians who make decisions solely on their emotions.

Both of these are sexist and I don't like either of them. I'm tired of seeing every other anime-- No, every other movie or comic book or anything else at this point, try to pass off violent women as humor.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Mar 8, 2010 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
What the crap?
Uh.. Why did I decide to watch this? Oh right, guess that was because it said Fukuyama Jun behind the main guy ^^; Hey, he's good, really! : O Really strange dude he's making the voice for though >.>
And Ono Daisuke as well, my only two reasons for watching this, probably, since it doesn't really seem interesting xD..
Oh well, we'll see whether this becomes worth to watch later or not. : |

Since we have pretty smiliar taste, i'm suprised that you don't like it, Oosran. o_O
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 8, 2010 11:44 AM

May 2008
Takanashi is so awesome...xD

I love this show already. I knew it'd be good.

Mar 8, 2010 6:04 PM

Sep 2008
"It's a man. He might be armed.".. Does she not realize the girl she's hiding behind is carrying a sword-sheath (it hasn't been drawn yet), with her work uniform, and the assistant manager is capable of kicking customers into a knockback.

Nakei said:
Something that I just couldn't ignore was that Satou-san looked likea lot like Sanji.

Definately gave off a 'Sanji' vibe. Though he doesn't look like the type to go gaga over anything that looks female

The humor is set up well for the show. Looks like it's going to be good.
BastionMar 8, 2010 6:19 PM

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Mar 8, 2010 7:07 PM

Jun 2008
I think the characters are a little too "quirky for the sake of quirkiness," but overall I enjoyed the episode. There's a lot of comedic potential for a series set in a restaurant. Plus, you get to hear Ono (Shizuo) and Kamiya (Izaya) banter with each other in another series, which I'm sure will be good times. They should definitely work together more often.
Mar 8, 2010 7:19 PM

Jun 2008
Nothing to complain about so far, this guy definitely seems to be working with a colorful cast there. I hope that this series turns out well.

Regardless, I love anime that deal with slice of life elements regarding a job.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Working!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

guyklc - May 2, 2010

114 by chiwila »»
Apr 17, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 11, 2010

173 by MR-Isekai »»
Jan 7, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 27, 2010

267 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 9, 2010

131 by Illyasviel »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 23, 2010

112 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Feb 9, 2023 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.