3It was OK
5.3%
2Disliked it
2.6%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
38 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2017 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The more I think about it, the more I think Ghost Girl is really skilled considering how unpredictable her strategies are. Playmaker played well imo. Anyone in his situation would of been stressed as hell but he kept his cool.

> Data removed
Ha, I even like Ghost Girl's personality in this show. Hope she will play even more improtant roles later on.
Aug 23, 2017 5:17 AM

Oct 2014
I disagree that this episode was good. Once again it was only a single turn for the entire episode, which made it feel extremely slow (I now absolutely hate the 4-turn formula they're using for the speed duels. I hoped that with the new director it will be dropped, but meh. I'm honestly already sick of speed duels due to how boring and repetitive they are). The duel writing wasn't any better either with all of the gimmicky and extremely situational effects of Yusaku's monsters (he didn't used even a single spell/trap card this duel btw, another minus). One of his monsters even required the activation of his Cyberse monster's effect to be negated to be Special Summoned. I mean, what kind of bs is this? These effects were so impractical and situational, that it made me physically hurt. No wonder Cyberse sucks. And what was the point of frog and pigeon being there again, other than getting on my nerves? I feel they included them only so they could fill the required time lenght. And the joke with the deleted data could've been funny, if they didn't already did it literally 2 episodes ago. Also the animation looked kinda inconsistent, especially during the surf scenes, but that might have been from the stream, need to check it again when it comes out. And I felt it was kinda strange for Excode to be used now, when its supposed to come out in October. Overall, I rate it as bad as episode 5. They really need to change the speed duel structure, or drop them altogether.
Aug 23, 2017 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
Speed Duel 's environment really have changed big time compared to how it was with the previous director. Its more colorful and alive.

To be fair I think picture of Ghost Girl on a bed is worth more than the recording of the duel. lel.

Aug 23, 2017 6:26 AM

Dec 2014
The amount of effect chaining in this episode though.
"Sore wa dou kana" xD

Is Excode's effect permanent or just for Yuusaku's turn? Cause if it's the former then how is that even fair in a duel with only 3 main monster zones?
I also feel there's a little too much reliance on Storm Access.
Aug 23, 2017 6:45 AM

Oct 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
Is Excode's effect permanent or just for Yuusaku's turn? Cause if it's the former then how is that even fair in a duel with only 3 main monster zones?

The effect remains as long as Excode is on the field.
Aug 23, 2017 6:50 AM

Sep 2015
Excode are huge pain for Speed Duel.

Aoi is back and will help Yuusaki/Playmaker this time!
Into the Internet!
Aug 23, 2017 6:52 AM

Dec 2014
RayofVictory said:
Lelouch0202 said:

The effect remains as long as Excode is on the field.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at by saying permanent but damn, that is totally OP for a speed duel.
Aug 23, 2017 7:17 AM

Feb 2013
He was really cool when he saved her, but the duel was boring, no feeling in it.
Aug 23, 2017 7:39 AM
Apr 2017
Why The Rating is very low 😶
Aug 23, 2017 8:04 AM
Aug 2015
The Frog and Pigeon just don't get much luck do they? Hahaha!
Aug 23, 2017 9:14 AM

Jun 2013
This series of "Code Talkers" make me remember to Yusei's Warriors.
Aug 23, 2017 5:25 PM
Sep 2012
So the conclusion of the duel, Yusaku he don't play around. He had this duel in hand all along didn't he. Yusaku had no help from Ai, he is a terrible actor, from now Yusaku should just duel without him trying to help.

Well Emma kept her word, so she has some honor at least. I wonder what she will do next? And those poor reporters, second time in a row they got their big story erased.

An okay episode, I am more excited for the next episode, and we will somebody find out Playmaker's identity or who?
Aug 23, 2017 6:25 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good back and forth duel there I enjoyed it.

Interesting skill Ghost Girl had, it nearly stopped Playmaker's skill.

Nice save there by Playmaker and a good combo to end the duel.

Next episode should be very good to watch, looking forward to it.
Aug 23, 2017 10:34 PM
Jun 2011
ZBlastHistory said:
Excode are huge pain for Speed Duel.

Aoi is back and will help Yuusaki/Playmaker this time!
it like aoi and yusako compete between them who will save the other more times
Aug 24, 2017 4:32 AM
Jul 2015
When are we going to get a duel that doesn't have Yusaku in it.Ghost Girl put up a impressive fight even though she lost I really like how smart she is I hope she doesn't put in the bus and become part of the main cast until the show is over.Can they let Playmaker win without using storm access like everyone else.Every YGO series they give something ass pull to the MC to win duels without letting them win normally.Underneath Yusakus aloof and cold icy demeanour he is caring,heroic and has a nice side to his personality I like how he rescued Ghost Girl
Frog and Pigeon are their for comic reliefs and whenever they attempt to create something special for Playmaker their plan always backfires and deleted by the hackers Frog and Pigeon never catches a break poor guys first it was Yusaku and now it is Emma who is trolling them.
Aoi will be coming back next week and she will play a relevant role in 16 and 17 helping Yusaku and hopefully Yusaku is grateful for her help and slowly comes to trust her and she will also come to trust him and hopefully Yusaku will tell his identity to her instead of she finding out I am pretty sure once Aoi knows Yusakus identity she would come to understand.
When Aoi went for coma many people are whining about her coming back but what about Go he went for MIA for almost 10 episodes and we haven't seen him for a while
Aug 30, 2017 12:09 AM

Apr 2016
The past two episodes pretty much = xXIgnis_Pu$$y_SlayerXx - Online

Enen no Shouboutai - Joker
Dec 17, 2017 1:29 AM

Sep 2015
Aww would've been cuter if she ended up being saved in a princess carry <3
Dec 28, 2017 12:14 PM

Mar 2014
Gotta love that green lighting.
Ai is such a bad actor lel. I feel bad for the reporters, just getting rekt again and again. Feel like they will always follow Playmaker.

Emma best girl I guess.
Feb 11, 2018 6:50 AM

May 2016
Everything about the 4-turn formula strcutre duel was bad and really rushed like nothing good was expected other than episode 4-5 all over -__-
Jun 8, 2019 11:36 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Ooohh seeing Ghost Gal use the Altergeist in this duel was cool, no idea it would be her to use that annoying deck.

One hole in this duel bothers me. No one notice? If Ghost Gal had Altergeist Protocol on the field facedown, she could've just activated it and negated Lockout Gardna with that (since I assume Lockout Gardna is a monster effect like that of Battle Fader) and won the duel then...everything else was fine.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 23, 2019 7:02 PM

Dec 2012
Ghost Girl oppai.
Sore wa dou kana?
Ghost Girl's skill. Look at my oppai and booty.
Ghost Girl sakuga hands.
Ghost Girl on all 4's.
Storm Access!
LAWD! Ghost Girl booty!
Ghost Girl!!!!
Playmaker grabbed her.
Ghost Girl oppai as Playmaker pulls her up.
Ghost Girl booty.
Excode Talker.
Playmaker won.
LAWD! Ghost Girl in bed.
Ghost girl oppai.

Thank you lawd for 3 straight Ghost Girl episodes. Oppai, booty, leg shots were great.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 24, 2022 2:39 PM
May 2021
Emma is a queen. Ai is hilarious.

"If you call that good, I don't know what you call bad, but hey I am not judging you...okay I am judging you."

Bless the dub.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2018

22 by CyanGear »»
Mar 10, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

27 by XanderBly »»
Feb 25, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

48 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 5:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

13 by denana1239 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 102 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

10 by StarlingBGYT »»
Jan 16, 2023 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.