Forum Settings
Forums

What is your favourite 'New world' fantasy manga?

New
Aug 22, 2017 6:27 PM
Jul 2017
Just wondering what other people enjoy in regards to the 'reincarnated' and 'waking up' in a new world manga. Personally, I've really enjoyed reading these in particular;

https://myanimelist.net/manga/83021/Death_March_kara_Hajimaru_Isekai_Kyousoukyoku
https://myanimelist.net/manga/96528/Arifureta_Shokugyou_de_Sekai_Saikyou
https://myanimelist.net/manga/82427/The_New_Gate

Not sure about others, but am finding it quite difficult to find lengthy titles that are similar to these.
Really curious to see what other peoples tastes are though
Aug 22, 2017 7:17 PM

May 2014
Don't have one because I hate this kind of anything.
Aug 22, 2017 8:45 PM

Jun 2017
Not heavy on the isekai stuff even though I love fantasy worlds. I prefer my MC to not just happen to wake up out of nowhere in a world like that, But I do read some. Recently got into
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken . Haven't read much but its made me laugh a few times.
Aug 22, 2017 8:52 PM

Nov 2013
I haven't found any good Isekai manga, but "Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu" light novel is actually really good I'm surprised. I recommend giving it a try, it has a lot of illustrations so it's not as boring as some other light novels and the character/world-building is massive.
Aug 22, 2017 9:22 PM

Sep 2013
It's called isekai.
Overlord and tensei shitara slime are my favorite so far.
Aug 23, 2017 3:48 AM

Jan 2013
+1 to Arifureta, Slime and New Gate.

Two other reincarnation I like are;

Tensei shichatta yo (Iya, Gomen)

Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu

I'm more into Mushoku though since its further along.
I live to make the impossible, possible. - Lightning, FF13

Kindness without strength will make others devour you. Strength without kindness will make you devour yourself. - nightcore34.

If I could choose between knowing absolutely everything in the universe or having one normal apple to eat. I'd choose the apple. For knowing everything, means experiencing nothing. - nightcore34

The worst people are not those who do evil knowing its wrong. It's those who do wrong thinking, believing, they have the right to do so. - nightcore34

None can stand the ticking of the clock. All will fall with the Reapers knock. - nightcore34
Aug 23, 2017 2:23 PM

Apr 2017
Hagure no yuusha is really interesting with a good plot .. it is my favorite new world manga for now

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Aug 24, 2017 6:23 AM

Jul 2009
I only watched the first 2 episodes of Grimgar anime which is the only thing i have ever encountered that fits your description. It was ok but i have been at the second episode for a long time now... May be i will continue it as manga, Yen Press just started to publish it, the first volume is out. (there is also a light novel series)
Aug 24, 2017 8:27 AM

Feb 2008
Probably Red River. On a whole, isekai settings featured in shoujo manga seem to have more integrity than "modern isekai" (a circumstantial differentiation based on prevalent tropes, not an actual thing). Might be the few cherry-picked examples which I've encountered, but then again, I've yet to discover even a somewhat positive example for the latter.

Aug 24, 2017 12:52 PM

Aug 2012
Can't believe noone mentioned Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari yet.
.................................................................................

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

373 by Yuki135 »»
1 hour ago

» PINK BANANA is coming! The first English language book of its kind which collects some of the weirdest and most obscure manga of the 60s and 70s.

showashowcase - Apr 2

1 by St0rmblade »»
3 hours ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

50 by Nekoburger »»
4 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

19 by LordZirkaZero »»
4 hours ago

» How long does it take you to read a LN volume?

Maou_heika - Feb 8

19 by Narushisto »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.